It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of Slaves

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by edbaseball17

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, unfortunately it isn't compatible with the system. PRODUCE OR DIE!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
salsa.democracyinaction.org...

That is a direct link to the letter you can edit and send to your congressman

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I also recently quit a big orange corporation, too... but it might be a smaller orange corp than yours... "Think Orange" was their motto. We sold old product other stores basically threw out to poor people and old folks. Then I worked for the park district for a month, and got paid minimum wage for cutting down giant dead trees and almost destroying my back and arms in the process. Man, the other day I quit that job... more like I just didn't go. I just felt when I woke up that I really really didn't wanna do that anymore, and somehow I got all the way out to my car (this feeling of disgust was just so strong), but like I just couldn't muster up the willpower to start the car and drive to work. I am not willing to do this anymore, after 6 years of failed jobs, it's quite obvious that I understand this is bullcrap. I can't sell my soul for any amount of money, and I'd rather starve than give in to a business or a corporation and their heartless ways. They don't care what your issues are. If you aren't making them money, you are gone. Gosh, think about if you did work hard and they split their earnings from your work 50/50 with you... you'd be set... but no, the bossman needs another bmw, and his daughter needs a minicooper, and his son needs another xbox 360 because he doesnt wanna share one with his sister, and the wife needs more shiny gold and diamonds. Those greedy little bastards needs go before the needs of the employees making bossman all his money. You wanna know what I say?
Eliminate the boss. Train every employee in the work they are doing plus management skills and stuff... either that, or don't make distinctions between office workers and laborers. TYhe officeworkers are ALWAYS paid more, while the grunts bust ass for their tablescraps basically. It's not balanced. One man is stressing his brain, while the other man is stressing his body. I think both deserve the same compensation... but I get the reason why people with higher educations are paid more, and it's because they reward the ones that follow the mold, that get more indoctrination... because those people are the obedient ones. Only the most trained and domesticated dogs get to sit in the master's lap.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
stop talking about sending crap to congressmen. they arent mine because they dont represent what I think is right and just. They are corrupt and they will not listen to us. This is beyond politics now. This is an issue of action, not letters and words and protests.... this is a time for revolution... and that begins by stopping putting trust in these systems or these representatives or their laws. We need to take all the power back and represent ourselves.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

You must give reason a chance first. If enough people sign it they will at least talk about how it got vitoed away. It isn't over yet but if you let them make you think that way it will be. It is still only a psycological war at this point, don't lose it. Always be prepared for war, but never strive for it.

And indeed, i'd rather be a hungry wolf than a full dog.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My friends, after searching long and hard for the answers to the slave system I have finally found it. It’s not some great revelation, but it does require a lot of work and it is basically a full time job to get you out of the slave trade.

On the surface it is a simple equation, the slave trade is basically made up of owners who control everything and the slaves who work for them. The answer lies in becoming an owner and not a slave.

We live in a capitalistic society. This means, as you well know, that ownership is everything. However, in our free market economy, each individual, whether a slave or not, can become an owner of companies anytime that they wish. This capability my friends is the real answer to freedom, control, and wealth.

The means to escaping the slave trade and becoming an owner of business lies in the financial markets. In the book, The Millionaire Mind, the author lists a chart explaining that those who have over 10 million dollars in net worth on average have over 50% of that wealth in the stock and bond markets.

In my own stock picking over the last 3 months my investments in the buy and hold arena would have gained a 35 percent increase in value. On a single day trade last year I made almost 2 percent return on investment in just over an hour. If you had purchased Apple stock when Jim Cramer recommended it on TV over 2 years ago you would have gained over 300 percent return. As well, Google stock has more than doubled in value in just the past year.

It is quite possible, my fiends, to more than double your money every year if you trade actively in the stock market as if it was your second job. I personally know a man who was an E3 in the military and was able to afford a Porsche because he invested his meager saving in the stock market. I also know of a family friend who is a full time day trader and has been for some years now. How is he doing? Great last I heard.

I am convinced now that the answer to getting out of the slave trade is to become a savvy investor in the financial markets with whatever money you can save up. If you are diligent in your work as I and others are, then I know that in a few short years you can get yourself out of the slave trade. I know this because I myself am doing the same thing that I recommend to others.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

INDIEROCKALIEN.

Mate, to be honest with you your not far off the truth in my opinion, with regard to your labourers working hard for much less money than the collard individual. however that does not necessarily mean that people with collars dont work hard. i have done both and feel that while i am better rewarded for my mental strain than i was for my physical strain i still work just as hard.

Moreover, I do have to disagree with you on the 'The time for action is now' part. Sure if you want to be labelled a small terrorist group/individual you could.. but IMHO better off spreading the word a bit more first THEN taking action. the sheeple majority and their leaders always rule and as it stands now there are ALOT more sheep than there are wolves. better to hold off till there are more wolves than there are sheeple and thus a better chance of success.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I think we've all been there once or twice in our lifetimes. Haha.. I have a similar story. Walking out to the car and just being so disgusted with this "autopilot" life I was living, I just turned around and went back to sleep. Left a job of 2 years and near $80,000 dollars a year. I'm selling every personal belonging I own of worth or resale value and I'm taking a long walk.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

And where can they buy your book/dvd combo?

Even at a 300% gain, you're making peanuts unless you're investing ten grand. The problem with the system is it's nearly impossible for most people to come up with that level of savings to play with. The manipulation of currency is a means for the rich to become richer at the detriment of the poor. Why shouldn't the laborers doing the manual labor earn as much as the office worker? Why can't society succeed in eliminating tedious occupations and give people more freedom to discover what path suits them? Because society today is based on dependence, if everyone didn't cooperate it would fall apart.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
More Words of Power and Awareness spoken by ATS members in this thread

Sator: Let "them" know that "we" know.

Captainplanet: Religions that tell you that you can’t live up to their prophets

Wingman: when I realized the true nature of the system I could no longer work in this capacity without feeling nauseated. It's hard to find a niche where you are not feeding the system in some way.

indierockalien: Man, the other day I quit that job... more like I just didn't go. I just felt when I woke up that I really really didn't wanna do that anymore, and somehow I got all the way out to my car (this feeling of disgust was just so strong), but like I just couldn't muster up the willpower to start the car and drive to work.

HotWings: I am convinced now that the answer to getting out of the slave trade is to become a savvy investor in the financial markets with whatever money you can save up. If you are diligent in your work as I and others are, then I know that in a few short years you can get yourself out of the slave trade. I know this because I myself am doing the same thing that I recommend to others.

DeadFlagBlues: so disgusted with this "autopilot" life I was living

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Complaining about the rich is no way out of the slave-system

A mistake I often witness in people is falling into the mental either-or-trap.

"Either I take this #ty job and let myself be exploited OR I starve to death".

"Either I am a rich asshole OR a poor good person"

This type of nonsense is part of the slave-programming.

There are MANY other options than that. Slowly quitting one job while building YOUR GAME for example. Your game meaning your independent means of survival.

Not working for money but having money work for you - is one key.
This can be done with stocks, bonds, real estate, online-shops, intellectual property such as music, books and paintings, automated products (such as your own video-store) and so forth and so on.

The reason most dont come up with ideas like this and belive in themselves is because of the incessant fear-programming which makes the general populace docile, uncreative, intert.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Complaining about the rich is no way out of the slave-system
This type of nonsense is part of the slave-programming.
There are MANY other options than that. Slowly quitting one job while building YOUR GAME for example. Your game meaning your independent means of survival.
The reason most dont come up with ideas like this and belive in themselves is because of the incessant fear-programming which makes the general populace docile, uncreative, intert.

I was reading all the posts and thought of posting almost exactly what you said.
Better now, your english is better then mine...

So, just to sum up with: it's not 'for free' that one can 'be free'...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It would seem to me that all this starts at an early age.

Our children and youth are overwhelmed if not traumatized by an onslaught of what they are supposed to think and do so that they never have time to develop any sort of self-confidence, self-sufficiency and self-worth. "Study for your maths exam otherwise you are worthless!" "Buy Reeboks, otherwise you are worthless!", "Listen to Britney Spears otherwise you are not up to date!" "Dont listen to Britney Spears otherwise you are stupid!" A mix of contradictory pressure from school, parents, peers, media creates a nearly constant state of confusion and overwhelment.

Financial Education at school? None.

Relationship and Sexuality Education? None.

Inner Peace, Meditation and Mind-Focussing Education at school? None.

Education in critical and self-determined thinking at school? None.

Education on society, social-organisms, behind-the-scenes mechanisms at school? None.

Inter-disciplinary study at school? None.

Bombardment with irrelevant or false data? PLENTY!

Pressure from Parents to Conform? PLENTY!

Diversion to meaningless consumerism? PLENTY!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wow, beautiful post Skyfloating. I agree with most of the replies here too. Good job to all ATSers posting here. I'll reply in depth later on. It's time to sign off now.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Wow, beautiful post Skyfloating. I agree with most of the replies here too. Good job to all ATSers posting here. I'll reply in depth later on. It's time to sign off now.

yes, sanity is not quite lost just yet with me and many other posters on this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very good questions indeed Skyfloating.

1. What are further means to sustain the slave-system we live in?
An unending war requiring conscription of many. Sending those who question the government to die on the front lines.
Forced medications to inhibit creative thinking.
Mandatory viewing of government and government sponsored church propaganda.
The end of small business and the middle class.
Absolute control of the media/internet/publications.

2. What are the alternatives?
As I've mentioned in another thread - revolution.
Another possiblilty is reforming the government perhaps in a jury duty style. Limiting their connections with the weathly. Term limitations.
A world wide strike to make the "man" think for a change as to what the people are trying to say.

Questions 3 and 4 I'm not too up on to answer other than with what I've already posted. Let's get groups and fractions of groups to join together and call the government on it's lies. Let's let them know we are no longer putting up with them.

* Heavily tax them and have them spend the rest of the little money they have on stuff they dont need (new sushi-making-machine anyone?) In this way, keep them running on a treadmill of survival for the rest of their days.

It amazes me how concerned people are with what to buy with their next paycheck. I hear this everyday at work. "I gotta have this" or "I've gotta have that". My wife is just like this. She has so much "junk" that half of it is in boxes or stuck in a closet adding absolutley nothing to our lives.

It's not a matter of becoming immune to it. You have to be born that way, a freethinker who questions everything and who rejects propagandistic programming. The average Joe is so wired into the hive system of other-esteem, compulsive socialization, and keeping up with the Joneses that no other way is possible. He lives for his daily scoop of soma.

Wise words, IAmTetsuo. I try to be one of the immune but it can be hard at times. I know not to buy something just because I see it on TV. As far as the socialization goes, I've always had difficulties with that. But then what is socialization anyway? Going in to a pit of snakes to find someone to beome your best friend?

Never make financial education a priority for any learning environment. Never stress the importance of money and finance to children until they have reached the graduate collegiate level.

Good point Hot_Wings. I'm one of the blind here. When my wife and I need money we make up something to get it from her parents.

KilgoreTrout made a good point about Christians relying on someone to save them as an excuse to live as blind sheep. Bill Cosby made a statement a few years ago that was basically "get off your butts, get out of church and start doing something about your own problems."

Sator, I like your line of reasoning here.

First step: realize we're slaves. (done that!)
Second step: tell people the truth, speak out (doing that!)
Third step: DEMAND changes! Let "them" know that "we" know. (going that way now, I hope)
Fourth step: if third step goes down the toilet, then it's time for uprising, and believe me, some people are already prepared (preparing) for that, this very moment.

Any links or other info on who "some people" are who are preparing for a fight?

indierockalien, I know of some large companies that have done something like this. It's called eliminating middle management.

Eliminate the boss. Train every employee in the work they are doing plus management skills and stuff...

Good replies everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thanks for contributing something thoughtful to ATS. I singled out this quote because, contrary to what many conspiracy-theories tell us to look at, this is something EVERYONE should REALLY be looking at. The middle class is in the process of vanishing...and with it, the very pillar of modern civilization, a healthy society and democracy (which all require a strong middle class).

It amazes me how concerned people are with what to buy with their next paycheck. I hear this everyday at work. "I gotta have this" or "I've gotta have that". My wife is just like this. She has so much "junk" that half of it is in boxes or stuck in a closet adding absolutley nothing to our lives.

This is part of the problem and the opposite behaviour part of the solution. You can invest money in assets (stuff which makes money for you), or you can invest it for the greater good of humanity (donations) or purchase things of value or things that will help you, others or humanity. But no, most people, after they already have more than enough of everything including two TV sets, will continue purchasing junk.

KilgoreTrout made a good point about Christians relying on someone to save them as an excuse to live as blind sheep. Bill Cosby made a statement a few years ago that was basically "get off your butts, get out of church and start doing something about your own problems."

Relying on God to take care of it, relying on the government to take care of it, relying on science to take care of it...its all the same attitude which says "I am not responsible". A solution to worlds problems then would be to have a lot of responsible citizens.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thanks for contributing something thoughtful to ATS. I singled out this quote because, contrary to what many conspiracy-theories tell us to look at, this is something EVERYONE should REALLY be looking at. The middle class is in the process of vanishing...and with it, the very pillar of modern civilization, a healthy society and democracy (which all require a strong middle class).

IOW, the replacement of capitalism with corporatism.

The modern generations are not lazier or more anti-business than the old ones. For the last 50 years or so, it's been harder to run a small business and to compete against megacorps such as Wal-Mart. So you see the phenomenon of Mom-and-Pop stores folding up (when their owners die, retire, or get fed up with taxes and bureaucracy) and nothing to replace them.

I had really hoped that the Internet would revitalize small business. It has helped in some ways, and who knows what the future may bring.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

Exactly. The solution is, in educating people on the importance of the middle class, small businesses, and possibilities for prosperity available to all. This is not the type of education we can expect from school though.
I get the impression that school only drills kids to be yea-sayers.

Its not too difficult to make money with just a little bit of creativity and being able to do simple math. But as long as parents and school say "just get good grades and get a job!" this isnt going to happen.

To think that "get good greats and get a job" is sound advice is the sad thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

... able to do simple math. But as long as parents and school say "just get good grades and get a job!" this isnt going to happen.

We are now totally enveloped in the automated bureaucracy that 1984 predicated. We are increasingly reliant on technology to do our thinking for us ('Computer says No' for those familiar with Little Britain
).

Most children leaving school know how to use a calculator to make calculations - which is fine but it will confine their career prospects to serving the bureaucracy; administrators and middle management. We are losing the ability to produce craftsmen and engineers are taking over because the importance of geometry and trigonometry are not understood and taught to all. Employers baulk at taking on trainees that have no technical awareness at all - too expensive and the accepted numerical system (base 10 rather that base 12) while better for pricing makes learning these technical skills even harder. Mathematics becomes an alien language for which you need a translator (calculator).

By isolating those with these skills and abilities we create a further dependency on the corporations to provide for their every need and eventuality. By completely marginalising the craftmen/tradesmen you ensure that every person needs an engineer and mass production technology. We also increase the drain on resources. Ghandi protested at the irrationality of wearing cotton that had been grown in India, transported to Manchester for processing and then shipped back for sale. Things have got worse since then, but it is no less irrational.

If the elites really cared about anything other than their bank balances then they would be working with us not against us. Everything that they do seems to be to keep us down. It's like were being homogenised

(PS I'm one of the ones who does not understand anything beyond sums - by brain explodes when faced with long division and mental arthmetic - I can smell the burning!!! I was 30 before 'I got' algebra, sad but true)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join