It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of Slaves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

Exactly. The solution is, in educating people on the importance of the middle class, small businesses, and possibilities for prosperity available to all. This is not the type of education we can expect from school though.
I get the impression that school only drills kids to be yea-sayers.

Please see my posts in the "8 year old Criminal" thread about what I feel about school, or rather the tragic farce that school has become since 1945 or so. Modern school is part slum, part concentration camp, part cult, and part gladiatorial arena. Kids learn to be stupid, mean, vicious, hypocritical, and irresponsible.

Schools teach no practical life skills. Even when it comes to academics, they teach little. They are still geared to 19th century factory life. Any attempt for schools to help children on an individual basis are condemned by educrats as "elitist."

Its not too difficult to make money with just a little bit of creativity and being able to do simple math. But as long as parents and school say "just get good grades and get a job!" this isnt going to happen.

People, brainwashed "normal" people, hate creativity. They may pay lip service to it if/when it makes money, but they hate it, and they hate the few individuals who are truly creative. "Freak", "fag", "nerd", "hippie" etc. And too often, "get a good job" means getting the same job as your parent(s). That may well be a hidden cause of unemployment; mass expectations that the economy will never change, and that job outlooks will be the same as for the previous generation.

To think that "get good greats and get a job" is sound advice is the sad thing.

Good grades themselves don't necessarily translate into a good job.
And a "good" job doesn't always mean happiness or true success.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Through much brainstorming I too have come to the conclusion that having a full time job is indeed the only way to start on the process of breaking out of self worthlessness. Using what little time and finances outside of the work environment to rise up from the ashes of 9-5. Just doing 1 thing everyday to progress towards a desired goal is rejuvenating and renews hope.

I will also concur that it does not take vast funds to make money in the stock market, not necessarily anyways. I've lost and I've gained in my experiments with the penny markets which was more of a learning experience than anything as I don't actually know my profit margins. I do know you can make money off of a possible scam if you jump ship in time. It is irrelevant if the rich get richer and the poor get poorer as long as someone wanting to increase their bankroll does it little by little which seems to be one of the only ways out. I really have been lazy with these particular endeavors lately though.

The only suggestion I have for anyone is to not give in and not give up.

all this social engineering is making me ill.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 2-11-2007 by jenkwater]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

If the elites really cared about anything other than their bank balances then they would be working with us not against us. Everything that they do seems to be to keep us down. It's like were being homogenised

(PS I'm one of the ones who does not understand anything beyond sums - by brain explodes when faced with long division and mental arthmetic - I can smell the burning!!! I was 30 before 'I got' algebra, sad but true)

Well, I dislike math too. But I wasnt even going as far as you. I was talking about the SIMPLE math. For example "being an employee" or "being a worker" never adds up to anything. Yet it is taught and shown and lived as "the ideal life". I am self-employed and I cannot possibly imagine how I would feel having to work 9-5 EVERY DAY for a lousy few bucks so that I can pay the rent.

The point you are making is that we have lost our ability to think. And this is apparent...and shocking if you really look at it.

Thanks for the thoughtful posts.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmTetsuo
Modern school is part slum, part concentration camp, part cult, and part gladiatorial arena. Kids learn to be stupid, mean, vicious, hypocritical, and irresponsible.

I see I am not alone in my frustration with "school".

Schools teach no practical life skills. Even when it comes to academics, they teach little. They are still geared to 19th century factory life. Any attempt for schools to help children on an individual basis are condemned by educrats as "elitist."

19th Century Factory Life...that expresses my feelings as a kid in school. Everything I really learned I learned after school from experience and books.

People, brainwashed "normal" people, hate creativity. They may pay lip service to it if/when it makes money, but they hate it, and they hate the few individuals who are truly creative. "Freak", "fag", "nerd", "hippie" etc. And too often, "get a good job" means getting the same job as your parent(s). That may well be a hidden cause of unemployment; mass expectations that the economy will never change, and that job outlooks will be the same as for the previous generation.

Could agree more with this. Preach it!

Good grades themselves don't necessarily translate into a good job.
And a "good" job doesn't always mean happiness or true success.

Exactly. My story; I repeatedly got kicked out of school for not conforming. Today I am comfortably self-employed and have a few assets (which means I dont have to work to pay the rent). It is from this vantage point that I see through the scam. I can only encourage anyone reading this to go tell the slave-masters to go F**** themselves. Maybe not overnight, but gradually, while building up another lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenkwater
Through much brainstorming I too have come to the conclusion that having a full time job is indeed the only way to start on the process of breaking out of self worthlessness. Using what little time and finances outside of the work environment to rise up from the ashes of 9-5. Just doing 1 thing everyday to progress towards a desired goal is rejuvenating and renews hope.

From the vantage point of the unemployed thats the next step, yes. But its not the final step. Most people are stuck in employment (slave of someone else) for the rest of their lives.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Well, I dislike math too. But I wasnt even going as far as you. I was talking about the SIMPLE math.

The point you are making is that we have lost our ability to think. And this is apparent...and shocking if you really look at it.

Geometry is not sacred it is a basic technical ability that we all need in some shape and form. It is simple math or it should be. Using the base 10 system throws us off, base 12 is far more 'natural' to learn. Yet another thing we can blame the French for

By not developing this basic technical need we prohibit our ability to survive on our own - furthering our dependency. The majority of us already have no idea how to produce our own food or even find clean water. How many people cannot even cook and sew? Why bother? We are depleting the planets resources because it is easier and cheaper to buy new than to prepare and repair.

How many Freemasons actually know how to use that compass and square for anything other than moral problems? While it is good to be of high moral standing it won't help you to take care of yourself should you need to. We accept our dependency and our role as slaves because we we believe that we have no other choice. And we worry what will happen if we complain to those who are dependent up on us?

While we may have technological advancement we are going round in circles socially. Perhaps we've just been stuck in the same groove for centuries?

www.adnax.com...

We are creating an underclass that have slipped through the education system, that are low paid or state dependent and who have even less self-sustainability than the middleclasses. As the concept of the elite may be outside of their knowledge base they view the wage earners and small businesses as the 'haves'. They resent those people and they feel no fealty to them. Yet it is the tax payers and benevolent middle classes that support them.

Many in this underclass will be affected by drug dependancy, given the continuous drop in the price, it will most likely be heroin. As 90% of British heroin originates in Afghanistan why has this problem not been nipped in the bud so to speak. We can bomb civilians but we mustn't mess with the poppies that are destroying the social fabric of this country (I can only speak for the UK).

It is possibly just me, but I see 'social engineering' in shiny neon everywhere I look just lately, all of it aimed at making matters worse. "They", whoever that may be, are pushing us ever closer to the brink.

They can flick the switch at any time and cut off that supply, what are they waiting for? Imagine if they switched the lights off at the same time.

I digress (and ramble on)...In short though we are not doing enough to prepare our young people for what promises to be a very hard future, we are instead preparing them to be cannon-fodder and automaton. There is too much room for failure and exclusion at every level of childhood now. Three strikes and your out. Conform or fail.

That is not the life I want for my child.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
By not developing this basic technical need we prohibit our ability to survive on our own - furthering our dependency. The majority of us already have no idea how to produce our own food or even find clean water. How many people cannot even cook and sew? Why bother? We are depleting the planets resources because it is easier and cheaper to buy new than to prepare and repair.

I sit here and pretend to be knowledgable and realize that I dont have a clue of how I could produce ANY of the things I used today...my computer...the spoon I ate with...the food...NONE OF IT! Interesting thought.

While we may have technological advancement we are going round in circles socially. Perhaps we've just been stuck in the same groove for centuries?

Since thousands of years. Not to say that we are more slaves today than in the middle ages though...while more self-sufficient, the slavery was of a different kind...more of the mind than of resources.

We are creating an underclass that have slipped through the education system, that are low paid or state dependent and who have even less self-sustainability than the middleclasses. As the concept of the elite may be outside of their knowledge base they view the wage earners and small businesses as the 'haves'. They resent those people and they feel no fealty to them. Yet it is the tax payers and benevolent middle classes that support them.

Now I am reminded that there is a class of people who would actually be happy to become employees....they would be happy to be upgraded to the status of slave.

As 90% of British heroin originates in Afghanistan why has this problem not been nipped in the bud so to speak.

Can you spell conspiracy.

It is possibly just me, but I see 'social engineering' in shiny neon everywhere I look just lately, all of it aimed at making matters worse. "They", whoever that may be, are pushing us ever closer to the brink. They can flick the switch at any time and cut off that supply, what are they waiting for? Imagine if they switched the lights off at the same time.

prepare our young people for what promises to be a very hard future, we are instead preparing them to be cannon-fodder and automaton. There is too much room for failure and exclusion at every level of childhood now. Three strikes and your out. Conform or fail.

Actions dont always speak louder with words. With this post you have possibly effected about 1000 readers to re-consider their life. In following the "butterfly-effect", you just made the world a better place.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was thinking about writing a thread like this myself, but all I can really do is agree with you and give you a star and a flag.

But the fact that we are waking up to it makes a difference. It has taken us a long time to get here.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That is the differential, using a job as opposed to being the job. It is obviously essential to lead any sort of a life. I know someone with the same perspective as most of us but he is jobless most of the time, so on the one hand he is not submitting to "The Man" but is more defeated than someone using a job as a springboard to better things.

Knowing and discussing these things is half the battle, people like us either succeed or self destruct. It takes strength of mind to admit to being in such a weak position by overlords who would prefer we stay docile and submissive.

T.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Recommend all to watch this new video with David Icke:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fits perfectly to the topic of this thread IMHO.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That is the differential, using a job as opposed to being the job. It is obviously essential to lead any sort of a life. I know someone with the same perspective as most of us but he is jobless most of the time, so on the one hand he is not submitting to "The Man" but is more defeated than someone using a job as a springboard to better things.
T.

Yes. Some of us still have to advance to the stage of being a slave rather than the slave of a slave.

Basically we are all slaves in some way, but some of us with a RELATIVE amount of freedom in comparison.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Thanks for advertising for your thread. While David Icke is certainly interesting, this thread tackles the slave-planet issue from the "down to earth" perspective. But indeed, there are many ways to teach about the issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I was thinking about writing a thread like this myself, but all I can really do is agree with you and give you a star and a flag.

But the fact that we are waking up to it makes a difference. It has taken us a long time to get here.

Ive come to think that almost anyone at ATS is willing to write a thread with this title.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The only option is to live in this controlled hell and then break free by any means possible. Having a niche is key as we all have at least one talent or skill we enjoy doing, using those to our advantage is essential.

I can't help but be apathetic but I think it is every man for himself. I have little interest or am not wiling to exert much effort to inform people not willing to inform themselves.

Lots of my thoughts as of late have been of all hell breaking loose in our white picket charade.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Having a niche is key as we all have at least one talent or skill we enjoy doing, using those to our advantage is essential.

Very much agreed. It is of No.1 Importance to discover ones talents and joys and utilize them.

Lots of my thoughts as of late have been of all hell breaking loose in our white picket charade.

ok...but the white picket idiots are the middle-class-employees providing society with some stability. The ones some will have to advance to before advancing higher.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Great post man! I think if we bartered for the things we need as much as possible then we wouldn't have to whore ourselves as much and perhaps if all people started doing this the unnatural anti human system of the elite would collapse upon itself. Also things like homeschooling our children and retaining their leadership abilities and survival instincts in the proces, also learning to grow our own food to bypass the GM foods that are gradually eliminating organic foods is also a must. Above all however I think those of us who are awake and who may not have all the answers we need to forge communities with each others at all costs or else most of us will not survive the coming totalitarian system of thought crime.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'd like to thank Skyfloating for this very important thread and thank everyone else for their meaningful participation.

I'd also like to qualify part of my original post:

Knowledge is Power. Understanding how the machine of civilization works is the key to escaping it. The more "civilized" the society in which you live, the more it will influence you and the more you are forced to compromise in order to participate in it. You have to unplug yourself from the noise and influence of the hive mentality in order to escape from it.

I do not think that in order to understand or escape from the machine of civilization or to unplug from the hive mentality that you necessarily have to reject it altogether.

I think that, in a modern world, in order to provide for yourself and your family, one MUST operate within the structure of society itself in order to overcome stereotypical pitfalls and to achieve something more extraordinary for yourself in this world.

In other words, you have to exploit the system as much as, if not more than, it exploits you. Does that mean you are a sell-out? No, not if you are awake to the negatives and don't exploit other individuals along the way.

I live a very idyllic life. My husband and I make sacrifices so that I might work only part-time in order to care for our family. I am the filter. I let only the good stuff into our house and I am always on guard against the negative influences of society. I would stay home completely but I do not want to surrender my children's education to the government so I need to earn money to pay for an education that I approve of. We could live in a much bigger house but, instead we live in a house that is affordable on one income. We EXPLOIT the system that would enslave us so that our children can have a better future. This does not mean that I am insensitive to the plight of others or approve of the system - it just means that my family and I must survive. I fight everyday to wake others up to reality and to change the system for the betterment of future generations.

This is the strategy that I recommend to all of you. You can not dial out of society if it means marginalization, unemployment or defeat. You must sustain yourselves. You must figure out how to exist, thrive and coalesce with like-minded people within the system - until such time as we can break it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The point you make is an important one, which is why I would like to highlight it by adding to it.

The few people who do see through the slave-system, become one of the following:

Criminal or Outsider
Unemployed
Spiritual Outsider
Self-employed or Enterpreneur

(Or they supress what they see and remain "white picket fence employees" hoping for a change...which they someday might make).

By choosing Option 4 I chose what Kosmicjack calls "an exploiter of the system". Not an exploiter of other individuals, but someone who can establish relative freedom within the system. While its hard to beat the system from within, its nearly impossible to beat the system as an outsider.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Good thread OP

We are born as slaves, we remain slaves to this system till death. We are raised believing we have a choice, and that gives us freedom. It doesn't Everybody has a choice, whether you live under a dictatorship, or a free republic. You have the Right to choose to conform/submit/obey, or to Not conform to the societies needs and wants.

We are taught that with education you can grow up and live a wonderful life with a wonderful job and that we will live happily ever after. Do you know Anyone that is doing this? One in two marriages end in divorce, this often hurts any children involved, so much for a happy childhood. Is anyone really happy living in this society?

I have never been happy living this way. I realized at a very young age that we are not free, freedom is a illusion. What can we do to make things better? Almost nothing, the machine is hungry and is feeding itself on the citizens of the world daily.

One possibility to escape this reality is to separate yourself from it. To live "off the grid" I had a idea a few years ago for this thread: Have You Ever Thought About Moving To A Deserted Island, Away From Society. Some really good ideas in this thread, but today I still long to remove myself from this slave system we have created, but I would like a much smaller scale than whats spoke about in the thread.

I believe that there only a few things that will stop this machine/system that is in place.
1 A massive global catastrophe
2 A massive paranormal experience[including Alien contact]
3 A global nuclear war

Just a few thoughts. I feel humans will not wake up from this nightmare world in mass, enough to change our everyday realities.

For a thousand years the West destroyed the tribal way of life around the globe, and replaced it with civilization. It would be interesting if the reversed happened in the future, living for your family group is all the motivation you really need to work, and to provide for the ones you love. A world based on Love and not money/greed would be utter bliss, and very peaceful.

*Flagged*

LDF

[edit on 3-11-2007 by LDragonFire]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join