It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians should cease and desist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Before all the Catholics on the board rise up in righteous indignation and pray for hellfire and brimstone to rain down on me

I wouldn't worry too much about that, there aren't many Catholics here as this is a conspiracy forum and all, and on top of that the majority of Catholics nowadays are well uh quite frankly weak and non-belligerent.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Well then all except one are doing it wrong if thats so true.

Because a lot of different attributes are prescribed to the same god/goddess and then what about religions with many gods?

Hehe. dont you think thats what they all say? The "everyone but us have it all wrong" thing, lol.

God has it "right" for each and every one of us, and that right way is the best way for each of us to worship. This is why we follow separate religions, and even why they exist altogether! God knows poeple are different, and so God created a few different ways for differing cultures to follow. Again, jee i think this is the wisdom of God in action.

[edit on 10/22/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wish more Christians thought the way you did Runetang.

n_n;

Those words are very warming.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree star for Runetang from me.

My view in a nutshell is that 'The ALL' is the only true ALLmighty GOD / source, that you CAN prove exists every moment of the day. Go Ahead and try prove The ALL doesn't exist!? you have no chance.

So if people want a proven reliable God with laws that work ------ there you go!? And that GOD will kick any other little gods a$$. lol

Peace

Sek....

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
My view in a nutshell is that 'The ALL' is the only true ALLmighty GOD / source, that you CAN prove exists every moment of the day. Go Ahead and try prove The ALL doesn't exist!? you have no chance.

The fact that we are all sentient enough to even wonder about such a thing proves SOMETHING...there are also too many unexplained things that can't be denied to say that all we see is all there is.

So if people want a proven reliable God with laws that work ------ there you go!? And that GOD will kick any other little gods a$$. lol

That's right. The God of the Forces. MIND

scientifically known as:

INFORMATION
LIGHT
ENERGY

manifesting as:

communication
truth
love

metaphorically called:

the WORD
LIFE
the WAY

-----------

G ood
O rderly
D irection

Now...what could be BETTER than good, orderly direction?!?!

Just the thing a chaotic world would try to deny! :shk:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

[edit on 23-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Another 'enlightening addition' to the convo!? I agree totally mate. hehe..

Oh hi Queen

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
"The God of forces" is who the anti-christ will worship.
Daniel 11;38, "But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."
Only a thief and a robber would try to bipass Jeshua, to get to God.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Daniel 11;38, "But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."

Daniel 11:38 (New King James Version)

38. But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things...

'A' God of 'fortresses' by the looks of it.

Edit to add... I mean 'god' of fortresses. (little g)

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How can that be? I thought the general consensus was that the 'anti-christ' was going to demand that WE worship HIM?

Besides that, Daniel isn't speaking of the same forces I am. His words refer to military forces; I am referring to the wind, the rain, storms, earthquakes, volcanoes, fire, etc. My GOD controls all these things, through his angels.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

'A' God of 'fortresses' by the looks of it.

Hi Sekhemet!!

Sometimes translated fortress or stronghold but most often translated as 'strength.' And applied to the LORD of Hosts all throughout the OT. Which is fitting, since the 'host' is GOD's army.

He will have no respect for the gods of his fathers or for the god desired by women; he will have no respect for any god: for he will put himself on high over all.
But in place of this he will give honor to the god of armed places, and to a god of whom his fathers had no knowledge he will give honor with gold and silver and jewels and things to be desired.
~Daniel 11:37-38

That is from the 'Bible in Basic English.'

Daniel chapter 11 & 12 are prophecies of WWII.
Which was a fulfillment of what Moses said in Deuteronomy chapter 30.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well the KJV does say

Daniel 11:38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

However, forces in this instance is most likely describing military power or force, not in the context of natural forces.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Trust me to pick the wrong bible again.. lol

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
God is an alien from outer space, that created all of us. Actually god doesn't exist, sorry to break it to you.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thats pretty prophetic. It sounds a lot like what is going on today. What if the Antichrist is to be a person who demands worship b/c of his ammount of gold, silver, and precious stones. Sounds a lot like a NWO prophecy imo.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Trust me to pick the wrong bible again.. lol

No such thing!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well I know what you mean but its just another paradox, there is a right one and a wrong one depending on who we are talking to.

As for the rest of you Christians, we dont dismiss Jesus so dont get us twisted. Bypassing Jesus? we arent bypassing him, we are representing everybody whos worth representing, isnt our fault you cant tell the difference.

Jesus himself is comming like a 'thief in the night' ? so the saying 'honour among thieves' springs to mind.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Another 'enlightening addition' to the convo!? I agree totally mate. hehe..

I think the " Hehe " is where we agree except i may not be laughing with you...especially when you make a statement like the following:

Jesus himself is comming like a 'thief in the night' ? so the saying 'honour among thieves' springs to mind.

Context is everything Sekhemet. He said " Behold, I Will come like a thief in the night " meaning that you wont know the hour in which he will come.

Honor among thieves springing to your mind? Can you tell me or point out to me, at any point, where Jesus is a thief? Is this your enlightening addition? Please do explain yourself..

Peace

[edit on 24-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
*** pointless retracted post sorry for this waste of space ***

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

[edit on 24-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

I was laughing at your first mishap post '.....' ..yeah simple I didnt mean anything by it except it was funny to see among all the damn details here people are talking about, you know, sense of humour? I see one on the previous page by someone else, and Kacen said 'enlightening addition!' etc... made me laugh anyway and I just repeated it for your post,... so if you took it personal you shouldnt have cause the point was I liked it!

As for whether you laugh with me or not doesnt matter either way its old now and it was only funny to me.

About the context of the Jesus quote... I decided not to look into the context if thats ok I have been doing that every day for months, I was taking the simple words at face value as I do now and again, coincidently, it seemed apropriate at the time. Im not calling Jesus a thief.. clearskies was calling certain people thieves so...

I was referring to his comment I dont know if you noticed, he said 'anyone who bypasses Jesus is just like a thief and a robber'.......

Is that in the bible? How am I like a thief by dodging Jesus if I was which Im not? I guess he means cause Jesus is God so to try and bypass God to get to GOD then we must be like thieves in that sense.

But it depends again how you define Jesus, god, God and GOD THE ALL / father.. and what Jesus was really saying.

We are all one in OUR father, Jesus told you, he told you you are gods and children of the most high, and that you can do better works than he if only you knew and had that much faith, and I accept Jesus whether he is real or not real or part real, what more is the issue?

So anyway I just joked 'and Jesus is coming back 'like a thief' in the night'.. and he is comming to do what? to do his business and 'take' his people. (144.000 chosen) so the bible says.

And back to the OP.. (tho i forget the rest of the post but the title at this minute) I dont even agree that Christians should cease and desist! I believe they could do with and update is all, just like every other 'multidimensional hu'man being'

Sek..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join