It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians should cease and desist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Followers of Christ should come to the point where they realize the futility of arguing the truth for two reasons.

First, true faith has nothing to do with worldly logic, therefore someone hard pressed for facts about the reasoning of your belief will find none. Rather you will just enter into one of many debates over proving the unprovable.

Second, you should note that when Jesus knew he was about to be sacrificed, he decidedly took a different approach to his method of his ministry and witness. After being quite vocal about what "truth" is, when confronted by Pontius Pilate, he turned and revealed nothing about the truth from his own account but made Pilate's questions into rhetoric, answering only that he was and is only what Pilate said he was. This change of tone should be a significant sign to those who profess Christ as to where the spirit should be leading us.

It is fruitless now to change anyone's minds or even mention the truth anymore from an external perspective, as it has always been the father who does the real work regardless.

Your witness is not about telling people about Jesus, but telling yourself how much you believe that God is going to pardon that murderer you happen to hate on death row.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
A nice idea!

But it's not really that likely to happen is it?

Fire and brimstone, water off a ducks back.

MonKey

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No, it's never going to happen. Christians will not "shut up".

Jesus would not have been before Pontius Pilate if he hadn't been so previously vocal.

Truly, I'm sorry that proseletyzing (sp.?) offends anyone and, as a Christian, I'm occasionally offended by the method some Christians use and the attitude they take to try to "win souls" but my preaching is as much to them as to the unbelievers.

I don't do door-to-door, rarely pass out tracks and try to do my convincing by my lifes' example. Don't always do a good job of it, admittedly, but I confess that I'm as "fallen" as the next guy. The difference being that my source of Life is my Maker.

The world today is a sad and violent place and much of the violence is due to religious wranglings. Much of the sadness is due to political wranglings. Short-sighted people want power and control over their fellows and will use politics and/or religion to obtain it. Those of us who would just like to see us all better our humanity take a quieter and less intrusive path, starting with ourselves. We willingly and gladly give answer to those asking for the reason for the hope that is in us.

Christians are being systematically eradicated from the globe. I suppose Muslims will be next. When all the religions are gone and the "logical" atheists are in control, I wonder if you'll be happy then? Who will there be to blame for all the misery in a godless society? It won't just go away, you know.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Followers of Christ should come to the point where they realize the futility of arguing the truth for two reasons.

First, true faith has nothing to do with worldly logic, therefore someone hard pressed for facts about the reasoning of your belief will find none. Rather you will just enter into one of many debates over proving the unprovable.

Have you not come to this conclusion by natural reasoning also?

If it were about winning arguments, everybody should quit while they are ahead.

Tell me somethin. Would you plant an apple seed in your yard and go out the next day with a basket expecting to fill it with apples?

Some seed have to lay in the dirt for a year or two before they even sprout, let alone grow into a tree. The slowest growing trees end up being the strongest.

Those who sprout over night, the wind, or the prince of the wind should I say, has a tendency to knock them down fairly easily.

If a man's heart changed as a result of man. Man would get the glory. Dirt doesn't get glory.

The enemy usually wins arguments viewed through carnal eyes. As a result they will vainly puff themselves up and be carried away by their own selves.

Originally posted by ben91069
Your witness is not about telling people about Jesus, but telling yourself how much you believe that God is going to pardon that murderer you happen to hate on death row.

How shall he hear without a preacher?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When man throws God away, and declares he himself God, the self will rule the world.

Global privatization of nearly every market and resource is putting vast powers into the hands of a few. The more facts I discover, the more the Bible rings true.

Christ said he'd be hated. Fall in.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When you can't use logic, use metaphors.

Combat metaphors with metaphors.

Gets you no where.

There are other Gods besides the Christian god they could turn out being correct and Bible Thumpers will feel so stupid.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Evidence is coming, at God-speed.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Then tell God to speed it up because I need proof.

When I see it, I will believe it.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

So, does that mean in slow-motion? Because the NT talked about god's coming over 2000 years ago and so far, no show.

It just appears to cynical me that god's ass is dragging.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
So, does that mean in slow-motion? Because the NT talked about god's coming over 2000 years ago and so far, no show.

It just appears to cynical me that god's ass is dragging.

Indeed.

Methinks if the Abrahamic god were true, he'd have given up on us already.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Our brain's cycling is pretty slow. Time through our eyes is just that, through our eyes. Not the all-seer's eyes.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Still I'd assume him, being the creator in your belief, would know how we see it.

I mean, you people think he sees and knows everything.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just as a computer programmer has witnessed, and given birth to all the code in a program, God has seen what was, is and will be. He knows the pieces that make up his puzzle.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have such the urge to proselytize towards you, and say you are going to be punished for not believing in the Mother Goddess.

How dare you insult her! She created you, your human urges, and you just spite her in the face by following rigid laws you set up that dehumanize you, throwing away the simple pleasures she gave you! You accepted a false prophet, who lured you further away from the truth!

Ah, but alas, I'd be no better than you are being now...and I don't believe in a punishment for not believing, only for being an evil person.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Rigid laws to de-humanize?

Honestly, I want to be de-humanized. All pain stems from human action and urge. All dis-ease stems from the "natural" self.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Rigid laws to de-humanize?

Honestly, I want to be de-humanized. All pain stems from human action and urge. All dis-ease stems from the "natural" self.

So your god gives you human urges, and then says don't follow them.

Think about that, long and hard. I believe the evil human urges are caused by us loosing our more good ones, and in a society that enforces de-humanizing urges, and things are just utterly screwed up now due to all the variables that would take so long to say.

Oh, wait! SATAN gives you them, not god! Satan makes us want to masturbate! Satan makes us want to have sex before marriage! Satan is why there is so much violence in the world! Satan is why 9/11 happened! Satan is why Columbine happened! Satan is why Hitler gassed over 12 million people! Satan is why Stalin let all those people starve! Satan is why Harry Potter books sell so well!

[edit on 10/20/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Christians are being systematically eradicated from the globe. I suppose Muslims will be next. When all the religions are gone and the "logical" atheists are in control, I wonder if you'll be happy then? Who will there be to blame for all the misery in a godless society? It won't just go away, you know.

Observing the world from my point of view, I think the Muslims maybe targeted to be systematically eradicated.

I am not sure what the world would be like without religion, it might be better or worse.

Since God isn't around in a "godless society", mankind and their insanity will be blamed, maybe a better system will be created to deal with it, maybe not.

Bottom line is, sometimes we have to figure things out for ourselves, outside interventions with benevolent/malevolent intents maybe intentionally/unintentionally benefitting us or making things much worse.

Is the mankind truely "evil and twisted", "good and moral", "animalistic", etc. or complex with everything or anything inbetween?

Some religions preach that humankind is inherently evil and thus requires intervention. But I observed that wild animals on this planet are capable of cruelty and selflessness in nature without the influences of religion.

If left alone, would mankind as a race eventually destroy themselves and others or become peaceful and enligthened beings?

But with "interventions", we may never truely know for sure.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Every system humankind creates is inherently flawed. We need God.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Every system humankind creates is inherently flawed. We need God.

The amount of people Christians have killed makes this post incredibly retarded.

The Abrahamic religions in general have so much blood on their hands...

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I beg to differ. We don't need god. I get along perfectly fine without him every day.

God needs US. If it wasn't for us, the idea of god wouldn't exist. If god didn't need us, there wouldn't be all these maudlin threats of hell for nonbelief.

God's the needy one, not I.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join