It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

movies that deserve a sequel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
hey guys i was just thinking that theres a lot of great movies that have been overlooked for sequels and i just wanted to give them the recognition they deserve

deep rising is the first on my list i loved this movie it was awsome and inspiring to me

another cool movie is Maximum Overdrive

of course ID4 although they closed out the whole invasion theme there is still the favt that those ships had survivors in them and the earth forces would still have to face them or fast forward a few years and adpat some tech to goto war with the returning forces

5th element need i say something this movie was and is still so much fun to watch

the night watch this movie was crazy scary the main guy was working a morgue and there was a psycho around kiling people but the biggest sacre was the fact that they actually expected someone to wakeup bwahahaha
well thats all i can think of right now but i'll think of something else

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i think "THE THING" should have one... it's a classic and would be pretty much a blockbuster!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
word is that they are planning a prequel on that movie which is why i didnt list it

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000

5th element need i say something this movie was and is still so much fun to watch

Mool-ti pass!!

I'd like to see a sequel for The Thirteenth Floor. The ending just didn't seem complete.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'll say the following movies would have great sequels:

Broken Arrow (John Travolta and Christian Slater)

The Peacemaker (George Clooney and Nicole Kidman)

Ronin (Robert De Niro and Jean Reno)

In a way, though, these movies are so good I'd hate to see a sequel diminish the greatness of the originals.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
oh yeah the 13th floor was a great movie but where could you take it from that point it was abasically a dead end a movie that deserves a sequel is dark city with ray liota "before he got fat"

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

Woah, that's incredible. I was thinking of Dark City when I posted earlier, but I forgot the name so I settled for The Thirteenth Floor.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well i have meatl powers and i pick up on stuff like that

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i think they could do something interesting with a children of men sequel..

the first one was awesome though and usually sequels slack and don't live up to the first movie

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I think Children of Men is sequel worthy. I loved it. Also, there is a new movie called The Kingdom which may be worth a sequel too...

JbT

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Children of Men sequel, sure! Would be one I'd watch.

Ronin sequel! For Sure! Awsome! Would love it.

But my personal pick for a sequel would be.... drum roll.....

EVENT HORIZON!

They left a cliffhanger at the end if I remeber correct, and Ive been waiting for years to hear of this one. One of the best sci-fi/scary movies of all time, IMO.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by JbT]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Children of Men sequel, sure! Would be one I'd watch.

Ronin sequel! For Sure! Awsome! Would love it.

But my personal pick for a sequel would be.... drum roll.....

EVENT HORIZON!

They left a cliffhanger at the end if I remeber correct, and Ive been waiting for years to hear of this one. One of the best sci-fi/scary movies of all time, IMO.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by JbT]

why did people like children of men so much i thought it was a big let down

event horizon yeah nice one

JbT

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

I think that the concept of Chilren of Men, was actually more intriguing to me than the story for the most part. I honestly cant remember a lot of the minor story going on in it, but I for sure remeber the plot. ie: No more babys being born.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
dude i think the world would notice something like that way before it came down to one last woman

if anything this movie supports feminism because it portrays the human race as dependent on their ability to make childrem when in a scenario of such proportion they would proceed with human cloning and envitro

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

For me, Children of Men was almost prophetic. If you look at the current state of affairs in the world today, I can see something like what happened in Children of Men actually occurring

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

For me, Children of Men was almost prophetic. If you look at the current state of affairs in the world today, I can see something like what happened in Children of Men actually occurring

what are you serial, the worl is not going to end man things just get better and worse as the years go that why we have wars thats why we have revolution but trust me the only way this world is ever going to end is by catastrophy

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Children of Men wasn't about the "end of the world." It was about a corrupt government that arrested anyone who didn't agree with their policies and labeled them as "terrorists." The whole no women having babies thing was over the top, but I wouldn't rule such a thing occurring out.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, I think The Matrix could use better sequels. Does that count? Haha.

I agree that Independence Day needs a sequel. They really didn't close the movie off because it was never addressed whether or not that was the entire alien fleet. I think they should make a trilogy out of it, maybe have the first movie be about a land war between humans and aliens and the third movie be a counterattack on the alien homeworld.

I hope there will be a sequel for Transformers. With all the money it made, I'd be suprised if there wasn't one.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
they are going to start filming soon as a matter of fact they are just waiting for the screenplay to get donne and check out slashfilm.com to see more news on movies they are really good

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
eww another transformers? why?

[edit on 16-10-2007 by The Phantom]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join