It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

movies that deserve a sequel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
how about the big lebowsky that movie was awsome man.
i mean it even had morgan freeman in it geez
i guess he was playing his role of god there too lol
the dude abides

cj6

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

The Fifth Element! A classic, in my opinion!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
How about a true sequel to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" showing what went on after they were taken aboard the mothership.

Good call...I always wondered what happened after they went on board...

Another movie that needs a sequel:

Fight Club

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i dare say i liked the shadow and i'm happy that they plan to remake it but the original with alec baldwin was just what batman should have been around that time so it gets a vote from me

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Aeon Flux - I can't say why, it would give away the movie....

Top Gun - Lets see Maverick as an instructor.

Red Dawn - as someone else suggested... it would be great to see post war America, where the fighting was on American soil.

An Officer and A Gentleman - Richard Gere fighter pilot...

Sneakers -

Purple Rain - Yes I'm a Prince fan...

The Devils Advocate

The Truman Show - he got out... so what happened next...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
red dawn more like red yawn if anything it deserves a remake i saw it it was ok but it was a little boring

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Remember that the target audience of Red Dawn were people who grew up under the threat of the Cold War. I suspect that you (like me) have spent your entire adult life outside the shadow of the Soviet Union.

Today we enjoy movies and tv shows about stopping terrorism, which we now consider our biggest threat. Our children will probably look back at our old movies and yawn as well, while being horrified by movies about whatever boogeyman the media has people freaked out about then.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

yeah you're right about that

they should also make a blade runner sequel the original still looks like it was made just a few years ago

[edit on 10/26/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Buckaroo Banzai - with all survivinng original cast members

TRON

Lost in Space

And

I def. always wanted a follow up to Screamers with Peter Weller

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by The Phantom

I haven't seen Transformers, but everyone that I've talked to said it was really, really, REALLY bad.

Wow, I don't know who you have been talking to but Transformers was an awesome movie and I can't wait for the second part of the trilogy to come out.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

the only good thing about this movie is nothing i can think of while i'm typing this up , but i'l give it a try ok the cars were cool

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
50 First Dates could use a sequel. I think she should have gotten her memory back.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

she cant get her memory back because its only stored in short term which only lasts a day if i remember right but anyway yeah it'd be nice to see a sequel to that movie it would most likely be about his friend though, and it would probably be called 60 first dates you know hollywood naming schemes are dumb

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm not always big on sequels...
though, can see The Fifth Element having a decent sequel. With X-Files 2 in the making, would be as a top choice for me if it wasn't... hmm, not sure what else I'd like to see a part two of.
Possibly-
Metropolis, though that might end up mockery of the classic silent film

(part two, not a remake!)

Also, agreeing with other posters about The Big Lebowsky, Thirteenth Floor and Blade Runner.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by dreamingawake]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

I absolutley agree, Ghostbuster was amazing, i used to watch it all the time as a kid. Then i'd have my breakfast put on my proton pack from toys r us and go kick the s**t out of my neigbour with the it hahaha, happy days.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Who Dares Wins]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

Okay glad I looked through the movie section and found this thread before I made one like it!

I myself would like to see another Dark Crystal, Goonies, Wizard Of Oz, and Labyrinth...a few others have already mentioned!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Forrest Gump needs a sequel.

That dude seriously needs to meet somebody who doesn't croak before he does.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join