It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitism wave sweeping Europe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
After in Decembre an unpublished report about a new wave of anti-semitism was brought to the media and till now, quoted and discussed many times.

As I was browsing some Israeli newspaper websites(always stay informed
) I peeked again on a "red" link to this report.

Link

What got my attention was the link about
Chronology of Anti-semitic attacks

I expected a huge and discusting list of incidents which were all closely anti-semitism related. Through the year 2003 there are 17 reported attacks which ought to be with anti-semitic background.

17 in 2003. World-wide? Or only Europe? Doesn't matter. It is not hard to know that this is a number that doesn't convince anybody about a new wave of anti-semitism. By reading the articles we can sum up that:

-> Not all attacks have been identified to be definately with anti-semitic background
-> those which were, had been carried out primary by people with arab origin
-> especially in Germany attacks are mostly carried out in Berlin. Berlin is known as being the city with most immigrants of arabic origion. The attacks have been identified as being done by those, mostly young arabs.

This and in connection with the biased report of "Manifestations of anti-Semitism in the European Union" which explicitly says: "This Report has been carried out by the �Center for Research on Anti-Semitism� at the Technische Universit�t Berlin, Germany, on behalf of the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC). The opinions expressed by the authors do not necessarily reflect the position of the EUMC." I am concluding the following:

There is no rise of anti-semitism inside the European citizenship.
There is a strong disagreement towards the Israeli foreign politics from the European citizenship.
There is imported anti-semitism from people with non-european origin into the EU.
Israel's media is blowing up any incident to support the theory of a broad rise of anti-semitism.

Every year there are thousands of death of peoples from our countries in other countries. Some are natural and some weren't. While other countries know it is the clash of cultures, it was for the money or because the murderers were on drugs, the common response to an unnatural death Israeli is anti-semitism.

I am tired of it. Dear Israeli citizens, you are not hated or disliked by the majority of the world, you are fighting against what every other nation has to face as well. Uneducated minds who picked one nation for their racism. Stop telling us we are a large and growing group of racists
it is a damn minority

I hope I shed some light on a rising prejudice that there is a growing wave of anti-semitism in Europe.

shoo

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I started something very similar here a while back:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

You're probably best going there and reviving that thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I started something very similar here a while back:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

You're probably best going there and reviving that thread.

Thanks for the link though it seems people avoid those kind of topicd. A pitty, it has already come so far that people feel bad when talking about those topics

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I checked Miriam-Webster to find out exactly what a "semite" is. It includes Jews, ancient races in the area & Arabs. When did the Jews become the only semites?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I checked Miriam-Webster to find out exactly what a "semite" is. It includes Jews, ancient races in the area & Arabs. When did the Jews become the only semites?

That is true, whats funny is with the arabs and jews fighting each other that makes them BOTH anti-semites

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Quite possible, but it definatly makes them both foolish.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Israel is the most anti-semitic nation on earth.

They even discriminate against the people they claim to be.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

THat's interesting. I must honestly admit that I had no knowledge that semite includes arabs as well. If so the world-wide anti-semitism is nearly 0% as you really can't say a semit fighting a semit is anti-semitism.

..just read it up. Seems like the first origin is arabic.
- ok, I bet the only big wave of anti-semitism is currently in Israel.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
Israel is the most anti-semitic nation on earth.

They even discriminate against the people they claim to be.

Typed my post above as you just posted
- priceless.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Got to agree with you Shoo. A few years back when the Isrealis and Palistinian had a ceasefire the conservative Jews were going after the liberal Jews. They seem to always have to be at it with someone.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Semite would include those who spoke a language based on the Semetic language. Today it is dead, but Hebrew, and Arabic survive.

Arabs are semitic, but white jews are not. Most of the sephardic jews are semitic, but Israel treats them as second class citizens under the law.

The semites in Israel do not get equal rights under the law.

What other nation discriminates against people for simply being semitic? Only Israel!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
anti-semitism, antisemitism:
"\n, usu cap S 1: hostility towards Jews as a religious or racial minority group often accompanied by social, economic, and political discrimination - compare RACISM 2: opposition to Zionism : sympathy with opponents of the state of Israel.
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary

The attributing of all or part of one's own misfortunes,and those of one's country, to the presence of Jewish elements in the community, and proposing to remedying this state of affairs by depriving the Jews of certain of their rights; by keeping them out of certain economic or social activities, by expelling them from the country,by exterminating them etc.
- Jean Paul Sartre, from "Anti-Semite and Jew".

Attitudes and actions against Jews based on the belief that they are uniquely inferior, evil, or deserving of co ndemnation by their very nature, or by historical or supernatural dictates.
- from "Anti-Semitism: The Causes and Effects Of A Prejudice", by Crosser & Halperin.

A general term denoting a prejudice expressed by all forms of hostility manifested towards the Jews throughout h istory...
- from Israel Pocket Library "Anti-Semitism"

"opposition to, prejudice against or intolerance of the Jewish people",
- from Funk & Wagnells Britannica Dictionary

"The hatred and persecution of Jews as a group; not the hatred of persons who happen to be Jews, but rather the hatred of persons because they are Jews"
- Charles Y.Glock & Rodney Stark in Christian Beliefs & Anti -Semitism.

The term "anti�Semite" was coined in Germany in 1879 by [the antisemite] Wilhelm Marrih to refer to the anti�Jewish manifestations of the period and to give Jew�hatred a more scientific sounding name. "Anti�Semitism" has been accepted and understood to mean hatred of the Jewish people.
- by Mitchell Bard in The Treatment of Jews in Arab/Islamic Countries

I decline to bestow the term "opinion" on a doctrine directed expressly against individuals, calling for their destruction or denying their rights. The right to the free expression of opinion exists to protect freedom of thought, but not anti-Semitism. Incidentally, anti-Semitism derives not from thought but from fear of oneself and of truth ...In a word, anti-Semitism is fear of being alive.
- Jean-Paul Sartre, in "Antisemite and Jew", 1966

"Where are the most vocal centers of antisemitism in the world today?

The saddest part is that hatred towards Jews is not an old out moded idea from the far past, but millions of Muslims today have the same sick idea that one day they will do the same to all Jews in the Holy Land as Mohammed did to the Jews in Saudi Arabia.
In fact the permission to kill Jews and Christians, and take their wives as concubines was engraved in the Islamic "Holy Koran", and is the main cause for the hatred of Jews by Muslims to this very day.

- Walid, a Palestinian Arab defector
quoted from "Answering Islam"

"Can someone be antisemitic even if they say they do not hate Arabs, who are also Semites? Or if they are an Arab themselves?

In the first place, this term anti-Semitism is a nonsense term, because my understanding is that the Arabs are also Semites, not only the Jews, so I don't know what that means. I'm definitely not anti-Arab.
- Chess genius, and self-hating Jew, Bobby Fisher, from the Bobby Fischer Home Page, shows us that intelligence is no match for one's inner demons.

Arabs sometimes claim that, as "Semites," they cannot possibly be anti�Semitic. This, however, is a semantic distortion that ignores the reality of Arab discrimination and hostility toward Jews. Arabs, like any other people, can indeed be anti�Semitic.
The term "anti�Semite" was coined in Germany in 1879 by Wilhelm Marrih to refer to the anti�Jewish manifestations of the period and to give Jew�hatred a more scientific sounding name.(1) "Anti�Semitism" has been accepted and understood to mean hatred of the Jewish people.

While Jewish communities in Arab and Islamic countries fared better overall than those in Christian lands in Europe, Jews were no strangers to persecution and humiliation among the Arabs and Muslim. As Princeton University historian Bernard Lewis has written: "The Golden Age of equal rights was a myth, and belief in it was a result, more than a cause, of Jewish sympathy for Islam."(2)

Muhammad, the founder of Islam, traveled to Medina in 622 A.D. to attract followers to his new faith. When the Jews of Medina refused to convert and rejected Muhammad, two of the major Jewish tribes were expelled; in 627, Muhammad's followers killed between 600 and 900 of the men, and divided the surviving Jewish women and children amongst themselves.(3)

The Muslim attitude toward Jews is reflected in various verses throughout the Koran, the holy book of the Islamic faith. "They [the Children of Israel] were consigned to humiliation and wretchedness. They brought the wrath of God upon themselves, and this because they used to deny God's signs and kill His Prophets unjustly and because they disobeyed and were transgressors" (Sura 2:61). According to the Koran, the Jews try to introduce corruption (5:64), have always been disobedient (5:78), and are enemies of Allah, the Prophet and the angels (2:97�98).

- by Mitchell Bard in The Treatment of Jews in Arab/Islamic Countries"

Source:
www.yahoodi.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Europe isn't right winged enough.. treathend by dead again by someone from another country. I just was sitting there and he saw me he didn't liked how I looked.
Amsterdam several cases of people from marocco sexualy asaulted by a group of 12, girls alre all under 10.
teacher killed by a turkish student. and they celibrated what he did (his moslim friends)

can go on and on.

and they say that we discriminate its them who discriminate us.
doesn't mean all of them are bad but main part is and does it make us nazi if we want to kick out criminal or illegal people not native to holland. don't think so...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
JEWS are not a race, PERIOD!

So how can someone that criticizes a JEW be a racist?

Jews are a mixed breed of races that have a specific religion and came from the middle east.

In their cleverness they created the word anti-Semetic.

Did you know that the genetic differences between JEWS and Palestinians is minimal?

go here to read:

www.rense.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The term Anti-Semitic is ignorant. It implies racism, but Jews are not a race.

As a religious, and ethnic group not all Jews are represented by the opinions of those who call critics of Israel Anti-Semitic.

Are the Jews against the occupation, and even the existance of Israel also anti-semitic?

Who is to say that being against what is wrong with Israel is being against all Jews?

Only those who need to hide what Israel is doing. By doing so they place the blame on ALL Jews for the crimes of Israel.

The existance of large numbers of anti-Zionist Jews disproves the charges of anti-semitism leveled against the opponents of Zionism.

The hate of Israel by Arabs is expected. But did this always exist to the degree in which it does today? The loudest supporters of Israel will claim that Jews always lived in the holy land. That there were large numbers of Jews all over the mid-east before Israel was born shows that it is Israel itself that causes the hate against Jews by Muslims, and Arabs.

It is a reaction to Israels own hate. If the laws in Israel gave equal rights to non-Jews would there be any problems at all?

How could there be?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are you anti-semitic Arch?
Are you justifying hate and the hate-cycle?
Cause from reading your comments, here of late, in regards to Israel, IMHO, you are exhibiting 'traits' of such.
Am I wrong, or am I reading your comments wrong, and not those just restricted to this thread?

If Jews or not a "race" then what classification of "race" do they fall under? Arab? Semitic? African Arabs? What?
Matters not to me really if a person or group of people are not of a "race", though they are a NATION, when hate is exhibited, be it from one side or both sides, hate is never justifiable, or is it? Be careful in answering this, cause it would apply both ways and would definitely show that a sword does indeed cut both ways.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Israel's media is blowing up any incident to support the theory of a broad rise of anti-semitism. "

Sounds like a probable conclusion. Last week the Israeli ambassador to Sweden went berserk in a museum and destroyed an art exhibit which he saw as an example of growing anti-semitism in Europe, and PM Sharon supported him. The rather contemplating art work Snow White and the Madness of Truth (by a former Israeli) was at best an attempt to illustrate that both sides suffer in the conflict, and besides isn't it barbarian to destroy art?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Are you anti-semitic Arch?
Are you justifying hate and the hate-cycle?
Cause from reading your comments, here of late, in regards to Israel, IMHO, you are exhibiting 'traits' of such.

If being against Israels own hate, and the occupation of Palestine makes you Anti-Semetic, then yes I am.

But I don't 'hate' anyone for being any religion, or race.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In your continued referencing of Israel, are you implying that hate is only a one-way street? That hate is provided by only one side?
Palestinians do not hate Israel or Judiaism, etc? What? They just upset and pissed but once everything is resolved, things will be honky-dorie?
Arabs don't hate Israel or Judiaism. etc?

Again Arch, that 'sword of hate' swings both ways.
Your finger works one way and direction (Israel) and yet when you point it at the opposing side, such as the Palestinians, its all lovely and justified...correct?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If Jews or not a "race" then what classification of "race" do they fall under? Arab? Semitic? African Arabs? What?

They are whatever race they happen to be. White European Jews, Semetic Arab Jews, Black African Jews.....

Maybe they were only one race at one time, but that is not now.

Matters not to me really if a person or group of people are not of a "race", though they are a NATION, when hate is exhibited, be it from one side or both sides, hate is never justifiable, or is it?

Is the criticism of Israel in Europe hate of Jews, or is it hate of war crimes?

If it is hate, then by default Israel must be incapable of doing wrong. But that is not so. They are not so innocent, and as long as people turn their heads nothing will be done.

That is changing. The cries of anti-semitism fall on deaf ears for those who understand.

Be careful in answering this, cause it would apply both ways and would definitely show that a sword does indeed cut both ways.

It does cut both ways. The hate is from those who imply that ALL Jews support EVERYTHING that Israel does by calling 'Anti-Semite'. It is hate against the Jews who are against Zionism.

Are Jews 'special' in any way that would make hate against them be any different than the hate of any other group?

Answering yes would be hate against all other people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join