It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Semitism wave sweeping Europe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In your continued referencing of Israel, are you implying that hate is only a one-way street? That hate is provided by only one side?

It takes at least two sides for there to be a conflict.

The question of whether A-S is sweeping Europe begs a definition of A-S.

Does it include being against Israels discriminatory laws, and the occupation?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Tactical evasion....

As to Europe, you bet....new antisemitism/anti-semitism is on the rise and has been and will surely continue. Way too much evidence to counter that antisemitism/anti-semitism isn't. As par...justifications will be reasoned against and for.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Tactical evasion...

I don't question that attacks against Jews, and their holy places are anti-Jewish acts, but is criticism of Israel anti-Jewish?

There needs to be a distiction between the two.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I had a close friend from AOL whom just happened to be Jewish. When I spoke to him about Israeli atrocities against Palestinians, he immediately cried "You're an anti-semite".

I had to inform him that a semite included arabs and it was obvious to me then that those who blindly support Israels actions use the term anti-semite or racist as a weapon to silence anyone who voices their opinion.

Arch Angel is very knowledgeable about what is happening and everyone should heed his words.

He is not a hateful person.

He merely speaks what is forbidden to be said.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Are you anti-semitic Arch?
Are you justifying hate and the hate-cycle?
Cause from reading your comments, here of late, in regards to Israel, IMHO, you are exhibiting 'traits' of such.
Am I wrong, or am I reading your comments wrong, and not those just restricted to this thread?

If Jews or not a "race" then what classification of "race" do they fall under? Arab? Semitic? African Arabs? What?
Matters not to me really if a person or group of people are not of a "race", though they are a NATION, when hate is exhibited, be it from one side or both sides, hate is never justifiable, or is it? Be careful in answering this, cause it would apply both ways and would definitely show that a sword does indeed cut both ways.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Seekerof]

they are part of the white race, they are not distinct. there are also red, black and yellow races.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What's insane is that Kofi Annan attended a meeting for anti semites. They talked about the jewish problem for the new millenium. Annan saw no problem with him attending.

Amazing how liberals just giz over the UN but look at the filth they got running it.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
NM

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Seems times they are a changin'- no matter how much things do not....

European poll: 46% say Jews are 'different'

A poll of nine European nations that was released Monday found that 46 percent of respondents said Jews in their nations were "different," and 35 percent said Jews should stop "playing the victim" for the Holocaust. Some 9 percent of the respondents said they "don't like or trust Jews," and 15 percent said "it would be better if Israel didn't exist." The poll by the Ipso research institute for Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera was conducted in Italy, France, Belgium, Austria, Spain, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, and Britain. The poll, released a day before many European countries mark a day of remembrance for Holocaust victims, was the latest pointing to what Jewish leaders see as a worrying trend.

www.haaretzdaily.com...

Link is acting up....sorry

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
A poll of nine European nations that was released Monday found that 46 percent of respondents said Jews in their nations were "different,"

Uhm, and whats the messsage? Turkeys in Germany are also different. Different in what? Culture? How they look? Is that bad or racistic? No. THanks.

and 35 percent said Jews should stop "playing the victim" for the Holocaust.

They like to use Holocaust when somebody has an issue with the current Israeli foreign politics so I would fully agree with the 35%.
But still depends how the question was exactly formulated to the people.

Some 9 percent of the respondents said they "don't like or trust Jews,"

"Some of 9%"? What now? Some of them or 9%? Sorry?!
And I guess this poll would be like 20% if asked for Americans or Germans depending on the country polled.
Don't try to make anti-semitism where there is no.

and 15 percent said "it would be better if Israel didn't exist."

And is it wrong? No, we probably wouldn't had the 2nd world war and no near-east conflict.
Does this mean we want all Jews dead? No, because we talk about Israel and not about Jews. Remember?
And in addition to this it is a hypothetical question and we can add others like that. I guess it would have been better without Germany. No 2nd world war causing 30 million deaths. So?

was the latest pointing to what Jewish leaders see as a worrying trend.

I still don't see what's worrying here. Only 9% who dislike Jews. Just go and poll other European countries and ask how much people dislike Germans.
Eeeek! I fear anti-germanism!!!
I hope they stop their paranoid thinking some day.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dear shoo,

You pick at the article like it was mine. It was not. I do indeed find the FACTS within credible to the argument that Euros are rising in degeneration of thought concerning Judaisim....sorry you went through so much typing.

The fact remains. Jews are hated as a whole whether they be white, black, asian, eskimo, indian etc.

Can you, in your bias, deny this??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join