It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed drug plane owned by US Government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Crashed drug plane owned by US Government?

www.boingboing.net

Interesting story about the Gulfstream II jet filled with 3.7 tons of coc aine that crashed in the Yucatan a couple of weeks ago. According to the Austin American Statesman, this plane has previously flown to Guantanamo Bay, which has a highly restricted airspace:

Some news reports have linked the plane to the transport of terrorist suspects to the U.S. detention center at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, but those reports cite logs that indicate only that the plane flew twice between Washington and Guantánamo and once between Oxford, Conn., and Guantánamo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't know what to think about this story. The article states that the plane had changed hands twice in the past few weeks but the CIA is known to shuffle the "ownership" of its assets periodically to make tracing them harder.

I think back to the claims first made in the 80's that the flooding of American drug markets with Cocaine was a CIA operation to finance its black book activities. Its not like they haven't done things like that before.

And, with this administrations contempt for the law... who knows.

www.boingboing.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nice find Grover, ah, I still love that DOG avatar! How's the pooch?.... anyway, what's strange about this is that the planes were headed/have been to Gitmo? What, are they getting the 'terrorists' hoped up on drugs to try them? Insanity.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Opium production in Afghanistan has increased a great deal since the US/Coalition forces began their occupation....

This article is one more piece in the puzzle, I guess its a matter of putting them together...

Good find, Grover

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not for the first time,eh Grover...
Bit of a piddly amount though,3.7tons.
I thought the USG drug smuggling planes usually carried 5.5tons per plane.
Oh well.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What I fear is that they are selling the coc aine to do things that even this shameless administration is ashamed of.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think Silcone Synapse is hinting at this article

Cocaine One

This article is from last year but certainly is an interesting read.
Last I checked, the owner of the plane said he sold it ten days prior to its discovery by mexican officials (with 5.5 tons of coc aine) in, heres the kicker, the Yucatan region.

Now if these planes are CIA assets, think of all the raw tonnage of coc aine (and most likely other nasty drugs) being imported, virtually undetected, in the US.

Edit to add: Im not sure if you were serious or not grover, but i doubt this administration (or past administrations that have been involved in such disgusting acts) is ashamed of this or other smuggling operations. You give them too much moral credit.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by InSpiteOf]

apc

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Grover, do you hate Bush so much that you have to tie every nefarious thing in this world to him?

Is that a rhetorical question? Is this a rhetorical question?

I don't think Bush is involved at all with government drug smuggling beyond his ongoing involvement with the CIA. Plausible deniability would have to be maintained, after all.

I mean come on, a plane full of coc aine goes down... he'd have to declare war on somebody.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Aren't they great over at the CIA?

They are happy to warn Gore/Clinton not to accept campaign funds from drug smuggling people trafficking Triads,and they are also happy to smuggle drugs themselves to fund secret and illegal wars.

I can't say that the CIA have been useful at all,unless the definition of being useful is to put dictators into power,train secret police to torture men women and children,wage illegal dirty wars,dominate the MSM,plant fake stories,murder people to cover their deeds,smuggle crack and heroin across the globe,create false flag terror attacksEtc,etc.

If that is the definition of being useful-then the CIA get an A+ for effort.

Who would have thought that the country which prides itself on "freedom" "liberty" and "democracy" would have such an organisation operating in this day and age.

Edit SP

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
nah, it ain't poor old Dubya's fault...I mean, sure, 20 yrs ago he would have loved to gotten hold of a big bag of "things go better with" and snorted his way thru it...

But now..not likely...

Drug running has been a manistay of US intelligence services since the year dot...Why would that change ? Its a great earner, and besides, it helps keep a certain population of the sheeple round the world in their stupor and oblivious as to what is going on in the world...

As Metallica said, sad but true...

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Did I say bush? No I did not. I said this administration which is far more than bush/cheney.

The fact remains though that this administration is the most secret obsessed since Nixon and we still don't know all the stuff they did.

Management sets the tone of any organization and the management of this administration has set a tone of secrecy and an attitude that to them... the rules do not apply.

So that said... anything could be going on under the blanket of black operations including drug running to finance things they want no one to know anything about.

Its been done before. Does Iran/Contra ring a bell?

[edit on 10-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I JUST read America was going to come down heavy on Afghan poppy crops. Interesting how production has skyrocketed since we brought democracy to everybody. The mullahs like the mob hated drug runners. Would not be surprised at all if the CIA were profitting hansomely from the proceeds to fund our wars.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I JUST read America was going to come down heavy on Afghan poppy crops. Interesting how production has skyrocketed since we brought democracy to everybody. The mullahs like the mob hated drug runners. Would not be surprised at all if the CIA were profitting hansomely from the proceeds to fund our wars.

Probably because the Taliban got their butts kicked and need a source of funds to keep their Jihad against American coalition in Afghanistan. Where the Taliban going to get their funds from? Afghan taxpayers?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Taliban got their butts kicked ??

Seems somebody has a problem with keeping up with current events in Afghanistan...

The only people who gain thru increase opiate production in Afghanistan in the US/coalition forces...

How precisely does the Taliban benefit from same, when they have next to zero control over the product leaving the country...

Hmmmmm ???

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
The Taliban got their butts kicked ??

Seems somebody has a problem with keeping up with current events in Afghanistan...

Oh so you think the Taliban are still in control of the whole Afghan nation and that American forces and bases are outside the country and the Taliban are not like in Pakistan since 2001 invasion?

The only people who gain thru increase opiate production in Afghanistan in the US/coalition forces...

How precisely does the Taliban benefit from same, when they have next to zero control over the product leaving the country...

Hmmmmm ???

Pffft did you even notice how much territory are being controlled by the Afghan govt. and American led coaltion? Hell we got Taliban fighters running around killing American troops as well as kidnapping. You got Taliban forces moving back and forth on the Afghan-Pakistan border smuggling weapons and drugs for their Jihad efforts.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is not a thread about the Taliban!!!
Take your bickering somewhere else!

Mod Note: Stay On Topic – Please Review This Link

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
[
Did I say bush? No I did not. I said this administration which is far more than bush/cheney.

What a sad day it will be for so many when the "current administration" is no longer around to blame for all of the ills on the planet.

[edit on 10/10/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No this is not a thread about the Taliban... but I will say one thing about them... they suppressed opium production and trade when they were in power. And, it rebounded and more than doubled after they fell. That is a fact.

Originally posted by TheAvenger

[

What a sad day it will be for so many when the "current administration" is no longer around to blame for all of the ills on the planet.

[edit on 10/10/2007 by TheAvenger]

What a happy day it will be for those who hate all things liberal and Democratic when they can start blaming them for all the ills of the planet.... again!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

so basically, the CIA is where all the true gangsters/mobsters went ...

maybe it stands for Columbian Italian Association

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

...they suppressed opium production and trade when they were in power. And, it rebounded and more than doubled after they fell. That is a fact.

This is true, I'm just trying to avoid another "War On Terror" bickering match involving some usual suspects.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join