It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Paranormal Activity Question....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am rather new to ATS and have found the site to be quite enjoyable for the wealth of information and healthy debates that take place here.

I would like to preface my question with the statement that up until recently I did not believe in the supernatural. I am not quite sure if I do at this time but I have had accurances at my new home that are a bit difficult to rationalize and I am a very rational and analytical person.

What I would like to know is there anyone who can attempt to verify paranormal activity in my home without me going 'out of pocket' for the expense. It might sound somewhat cynical but I do not have a problem with the alledged accurances and if they are never verified I will not be overly disappointed as they do not cause us any type of problems.

I am hesitiant to get into actual discriptions of the events incase someone actually offers to investigate this for me as I would like independent verification of what myself and other people have experienced. I will however tell you that the home is quite old-1870's-and that the majority of the things that I have experienced were reported by other people to me without any prompting on my part and were exactly what had occured to me and my fiance. To give you a brief example; when my fiance moved in she told me she heard a certain sound in the house and witnessed sonwthing unusual. I asked her to write down what she heard and I did the same thing. The locations and descriptions were identical. The instance was the first time she had heard from me that I heard actually experienced anything at all in the home. I was later able to compare this to a story that the previous owners daughter related to me and it too was the same.

The majority of the older neighbors feel that the house is 'haunted' and I always thought them to be acting a bit ridiculously. Now I am not quite sure what to think. I would like to reiterate that nothing of any negative nature has occured and we do not in any way feel threatened. This is more to satisfy curiosity for me then an attempt to prove or disprove the existence of 'ghosts' for purely mercenary motives.

Thank you in advance to all who may help or volunteer information.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
i know you don't want other people to investigate the house but you could do it yourself. get a tape recorder, ask some questions while it's on and try to get and EVP (electronic voice phenomenon). maybe keep the recorder going while you sleep. could you describe the sound and what was "unusual" about it. if you don't want to post it on here you can u2u me. keep any kind of camera in the house and when you hear the noise or feel that something is there take a picture of the spot that you are hearing or feeling it. i'm not sure if there is anything else, maybe keep a log of the times and what rooms you are in when something happens, i've only been doing this kind of thing for a year or two.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coryblood

Sorry Cory, maybe I was not clear enough. I infact do want someone to possibly investigate this for me as I am not quite certain as to how/what I should be doing. I have attempted the tape recorder experiment but without any results. I would prefer someone with a much better understanding of this type of situation make their own obveservations and experimentation as I feel it would be a much better and more concise answer then I can be arrived at by myself.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
oh i thought that you said you DIDN'T want any one in your house sorry. even if you do get someone to investigate it you should have a camera and a notebook with a pen. BTW do you live in America if so do you live in the East coast West coast or in the middle?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No problem Cory. I live on the East Coast of the United States. Northern New Jersey to be more exact.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
o.k. my brother in laws mom is part of a paranormal team and i think they won't mind driving down there. i'll probably see her next week

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Howdy neighbor! I don't think you need an 'expert'. All of us humans are pretty much equipt with the same basic tools - ears, eyes, nose, and non-physical senses. Always best to ask others in the house and compare notes. I'd say not to disbelieve anyone until the evidence is in. Surely one can be protected from evil spirits, but according to your posts it looks like you'd have to see to believe that kind of thing. This protection is the opposite of evil and is only found one way through the Word of God. When that time comes, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
yeah i don't think you need an expert either but if you really want one i might be able to set it up

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I am more interested in a 'professional' opinion as I am a bit skeptical. I have independently confirmed that what my fiance and I experienced by having us both write down at the same time the events which we felt transpired.
I am more interested in having someone who is versed in paranormal activity to come to my home and say, ''Yes. I dectect the same thing in the same place as you do.'', (or something along those lines) or have them say the can not find anything to support it.

Saint,
To reiterate, I don not feel that there is any type of malevolent specter or threating spirit of any sort, but thank you for your offer of protection. I do not even feel that the events could be catergorized as mischevious, they are rather innocous and do not disrupt our lives in any way. Well, other then the fact that we can not seem to explain them.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
well my brother in laws mom owns a haunted insane assylum in NY state i'll give you her web site and i think her email is on there ok? oops i forgot to put the link in www.rollinghillscountrymall.com... here you go

[edit on 9-10-2007 by coryblood]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi i think i qualify as an expert in the feilds of the paranormal seeing as how ive been seeing ghosts since i was 6 years of age.

these ghosts appear to mean no harm, you should most likely keep away from the areas in the house if your frightened of finding out some rather disturbing information about them and how they died etc etc

if you are unsure on what these beings are go and get a priest to bless your house this usually works but these beings seem to have no desire to harm you or your fiance.

i am only 15 years old but im quite experianced in this feild and i can tell when you need to get out and in this case you should be happy that some other worldly being has come to stay.

I am an Indigo Child this is a main reason why i can see ghosts especially from an early age.

i also understand this house is old it fascinates me because i visited my friend last thursday night and i stayed over night, his house is haunted and we both saw a child which he see's everyday it had died in the victorian age and the reason it was staying in his house was because it wanted its doll.

most ghosts have trivial reasons for staying after death but i can asure you that no harm or foul play will come from the ghosts.

you might want to get a spiritual guru or a priest to visit your house to be on the safe side this is only one person and not an investigation.

peace out and stay safe

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Could you describe the occurances or noises that would be helpful, also I would suggest checking that part of te house for duct work and such if it is just noises that is the most logical place to start, also since it is an old house expect to hear creaking and settling sounds, or even the possibilty of a rodent. If you can't find evidence that those are any of the causes i woudl say you probably have a ghost seeing as how you don't get the feeling of it being malevolent or anything i wouldnt really worry to much about it, probably a previous owner or such. If it bothers you get a preist to come bless the house for you, it all depends on wether or not you and your fiancee don't mind sharing the place.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Jovi,

Not to try and be obtuse or cryptic I am hesitant to describe in detail what we have seen and heard. I want anyone who might possiby come and investigate (I have several u2u leads I need to pursue) to arrive without any preconceived notions or impressions.

With that said however, we have heard breathing, walking, and numerous other noises. I have seen two 'unexplainable' phenomena which caused me, someone who never believed in the paranormal, to question myself.

I am, after extensive research, quite familiar with the homes history, ownership and occupants. I was able to determine particular instances which may or may not be contributing to the occurences that have taken place. I would be glad to share them with the forum after the investigation coroborates what we have experienced or if you wish to contact me off-board.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
People, pay attention here!

The OP wants a professional to investigate occurrences that may or may not be paranormal in nature. This is happening in his "new" house built in the 1870's.

He does not want to disclose the activity or experience so as not to taint or predispose the "expert" into having the same outcome. Which is understandable. Other people have had similar experiences in the house prior to he and his wife moving there.

Read More Post Less!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i know this probably means nothing to you, but i can say from experience (corroborated on a separate occasion with another witness that had no prior knowledge) that paranormal activity is indeed real. it may not be "ghosts" but it's certainly not "normal". =)

just keep an open mind (which it looks like you are, and good for you)

has anyone else in your family experienced or witnessed anything odd? do the neighbors have any stories to tell? if the activity is substantial you might want to call in a ghost hunting team just to see what they find. many of them do it for free.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

My fiance has experienced many of the same occurences that I have. I have a friend who rents my basement and he has also has indicated to me that he thinks something is 'happening' in the house and he is a real stoic which only adds to his veracity in my opinion.

In regards to the past owners I can relate what I know think is a rather telling experience. A few days before I took ownership my Fiance and myself sat on the front porch with the owner and his wife. She showed us many old photos of the home and is previous occupants and her husband relayed some ancedotes about when they purchased the house and some stories about work preformed on it. At this time his wife asked him if they should tell us 'about the ghost'. His response, I felt, was exceptionally harsh-he told her to 'knock that $hit out'- considering he did not know us that well and I feel you should not speak to your wife in that manner. At the time I thought he was only acting that way because he felt I might back out of the deal at the last minute due to some silly superstitious belief.

The day of the walk through we inspected the house and wentoutdoors to converse. One of the neighbors approached us and I was introduced to them. They were quite older and had lived there for some time and knew the family that had the home the longest and much of the history. Ironically enough they asked him if he told us about 'the ghost'. He took nearly the same tact with the elderly couple that he did with his wife. At this point I was convinced only of his lack of manners and nothing else.

Since taking ownership and experiencing what we have I now realize it might not have been only poor manners but perhaps he thought there might actually be something in the house.

On a seperate occasion I happened to run into his youngest daughter who, when I prompted her, related having some of the same encounters and experiences that we have. The locations and incidences matched ours and I know feel that when I bought the house I got an extra 'feature' that was not in the MLS listing.

If it all turns out to be confirmable I will not have any negative emotions regarding it. I have embraced the homes history and have decided to not only add our own but accept all that came before.

Jbondo,

Thank you for reiterating what I might not have made clear earlier.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well it sounds like you can confirm that something is happening. i think it's good that you don't disclose the nature of the occurrences so as not to taint any investigation. i would suggest trying to find mundane explanations to the incidents. if there was noise, could it have been a loose pipe banging in the basement when the water was turned on? could a noise in the attic be cause by a woodland creature? strange lights could be reflections from passing cars, etc.

get some evidence of it. let some people pour over it. if no one can explain it then you probably have something paranormal. chances are that you'll be fine even if that's the case. if a spirit/ghost/whatever wanted to cause harm, the previous owners would have been harmed. it sounds like this might go outside your box a little, but if you're concerned you could always call out to anything that might be in the house - tell it that it's dead and it needs to move on. it's your house now. if your shy about it, just wait until the rest of the family is away. =)

years ago i would have been petrified to have "paranormal" activity around me. today i would almost welcome a chance to explore it. my experiences were mostly in my childhood and teen years. growing up i was taught to pretty much assume that anything like that was the work of demons and that it was evil so i feel like i missed some good opportunities.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i would suggest trying to find mundane explanations to the incidents. if there was noise, could it have been a loose pipe banging in the basement when the water was turned on? could a noise in the attic be cause by a woodland creature? strange lights could be reflections from passing cars, etc.

I can assure you that these are the first thoughts that came to me and the first things that my rational thought process felt were the cause. I thoroughly investigated the house for any type of plumbing issues and found none. There are no operating ducts as I have baseboard heating that was installed by the previous owner. The occurences were so disparate that there would have to be numerous house mantianece issues, so to speak. The other theory which I have come to accept as a possible explanatian is there is something non-mundane and to me, currently unexplainable, hence my desire for someone to investigate and possibly verify the house.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i feel the same way i want ghosts to be around me so i can study them ask them questions that sort of thing

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Personally I don't like having ghosts/spirits around me, whats dead should just move on IMO. I have one that tends to visit my house regularly that has absolutly nothing to do with the house and for the most part I just deal with it because I have yet to come up with a way to get it to leave me alone. But it really is up to you how to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join