It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Solar System Discovered Four Feet From Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
New Solar System Discovered Four Feet From Earth
| Issue 30•07

PALO ALTO, CA—In what is being hailed as the most significant find in the field of planetary astronomy in decades, astronomers at the Palo Alto Observatory on Monday identified a new, previously unknown solar system approximately four feet from the Earth's surface.

Fullv story : www.theonion.com...

Does anyone think this stuff is hilarious?
I love the Onion.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Added Lando, "We must also remember not to get too close, as our telescopes might bump into it, poking us in the eye with the other end."

The Onion has been genius news for years and years. It's nice to have someone posting semi-relevant science 'stories" here.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Future research projects include a NASA mission to lean a ladder against the planet and attempt a manned climb to its surface, a plan tentatively scheduled for November 1997, with a projected cost of approximately 60 bucks.

This "new solar system" is hilarious! LOL

I wonder when we will be able to colonize it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Added Lando, "We must also remember not to get too close, as our telescopes might bump into it, poking us in the eye with the other end."

The Onion has been genius news for years and years. It's nice to have someone posting semi-relevant science 'stories" here.

I'm sorry, but this stuff just cracks me up.
I love it!

Astronomers say the reason the new system went undetected for so long is that scientists traditionally aim their telescopes outward from the Earth's surface, equipping their observatories with lenses designed to scan trillions of miles away. "Nobody ever thought to look within the one-to-five-foot range before Palo Alto," a NASA spokesperson said.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by B-2 Spirit

Future research projects include a NASA mission to lean a ladder against the planet and attempt a manned climb to its surface, a plan tentatively scheduled for November 1997, with a projected cost of approximately 60 bucks.

This "new solar system" is hilarious! LOL

I wonder when we will be able to colonize it.

I say put the ladders away, and let them live in peace!
I wonder if Seti knows about this?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nah, SETI probably has their receivers tuned to frequencies farther away than four feet.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
soooo....i don't get it.......this is a joke right.....

[edit on 25-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i would love to get one of these RCRC

www.theonion.com...

TOKYO—Television watching became even more convenient this week with Sony's introduction of a new remote-controlled remote control.

its a great site when you have had a few drinks

join