It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my "the secret" and time travel theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ok so here we go

everyone knows "the secret" long story short we all have the power to control the world with our minds (very short, please find out what the secret is, it was talked about on oprah)

now here is how that can work on a personal level if time travel is real

you break up with a girl, she is a great girl, you are young, don't appreciate her, you never find a better person in your life, you see her happy and w/e and think "hmm that was probably a mistake to dump her"

you tell your son that it was a mistake one time, he remembers, now say he tells his son after you die that a regret was that he married mom, and not the other girl

so your grandson now knows

now your grandson will see technology you will never

lets take it a step farther, your great grandson knows you should have married the other woman

(yes marrying a different woman will mean different kids but that's for later)

so your great grandson now has access to a time travel machine, in the year w/e but 100 years after your mistake

he goes back in time, changes this or that,

eventually he gets bored, goes to see his grandpa, wants to see him play sports or something he did when he was young

realizes he's a great man

and wants to meet his father, which is you

well he sees you, tells you "gee that sue ellen sure is swell"

well you hear that and realize she is, she is a very good woman and you should be very happy

now then

if time travel is real, and we keep thinking "i want a ferrari" or "i wish i didn't say this to so and so"

or we tell our kids our mistakes,

if time travel is real, eventually someone will travel back far enough

the secret comes into play with this because you can keep going back to change that mistake, to change your present, you would never think to change your past because nobody really would be thinking about owning a ferrari in the past tense, it wouldn't benefit you now

and if the past had changed anyways how would you know besides the present changing, how would you know if the present was changing besides what you can really see

if the present and past don't fade away like they do in movies then you would never know what the present changing because of the past would look like

but at some point some of our relatives would get their hands on time changing technology and it might be possible to change your present by actually just having thoughts, you would have to share them at some point

if time travel is real then some of our presents could be changing all the time just cause you could go back in time, imagine though that time travel is real before the time you die, and that you can actually change your life right now by just thinking it

the questions of well is there the present, the past and the future and if there is different dimensions all of that other stuff well those might be harder to answer

but if you were to time travel with trial and error you could eventually manipulate someones life without them knowing, it would take a lot of time, but if you travel in time your brain wouldn't understand time the same way lol

if anyone wants to add something or can't find info on "the secret" just ask

but if time travel is real then maybe the secret could be

[edit on 6-10-2007 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is the thing dude, and most 'time travel theorist' miss.

What happens happens, it couldn't happen any other way, and has happened already.

Now lets take above statements for the fact it IS.

If you were to try to travel back in time to make your grandpa and this girl get back together, or not dump her, it would not work. The reason this would not work is if it HAPPENED, you would not exist.

Further, lets take this famous paradox.

"you go back in time to kill your parents so your not born"

You can't fulfill the above statement, because if you were to go back and kill your parents before they had you, you would EXIST to go back to kill them anyway. So given time travel is possible, something would happen to you where you would fail. You would get hit by a bus, or decide not to, whatever happens to hinder you, will happen, even if it means your death or failure by other means.

So, you could not go back to get your grandpa back together with his dream girl, if you did, it would have already happened in the past, not only would you not exist, you would not need to.

Yes time travel is possible, there are blueprints for a HUGE space machine that opens wormhole portals. The two worm holes opened are the same SPACE but in a different TIME, sending something through would have it land in that same space but in a different time. The engineering could be done, but it would be so expensive no funds exist to build it in space, thus making it "improbable" for now.

Humans DO NOT get to use time travel in the future. For these reasons.

1. Humanity has a VERY SHORT, as in years, time left.

2. If it has not happened in the past for someone to travel back in time, it wont happen in the future. Because for someone to appear in the past, says they would have to travel back in the future. Not only can this not happen, it has not happened, there is no evidence, and the first thing anyone would do with time travel is what? PROVE IT. And it has not.

Thus, it is not impossible for humans to travel in time, no. But... It wont happen, because someone would have come in the past, and they haven't.

Time is not the 4th dimension, time has its own 3 dimensions. Past is a dimension, present is a dimension, future is a dimension. Like a line has a measurement in "yards, inches" etc. A dimension in time has a measurement of a "date".

Let that sink in before you, or anyone else attempts to post and fail.

Good day.

While reading over this I realized Einstein had a device himself for time travel, but only for future travel. Say you had a space ship, and a very LARGE dense rod, as dense as the most dense material known to man, something like the powder of a dead star. You take this ship and speed to it orbiting around the rod, you reach the speed of light. Time outside is different than the time inside the craft. Once you reach the end of the rod and the craft spins off and slows, you are now in a different time, only in the future though. Say if the journey took minuets, you could be years ahead, but you would have aged minuets.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Your claims, namely the three you numbered at the end seem to be based on no facts and faulty logic.

How do you know humans only have a short time remaining?

Lack of evidence for something does not mean it does not exist, you can not prove or disprove something based only on it's absence, or your (humans) ability to gather evidence.

How do you know the first thing people would do with a time machine is to prove it? It seems that keeping that secretive power to yourself or organization would be much more beneficial than revealing it to everyone.

It also seems that you assume time travel, if discovered, would one day become a common thing that anyone could use for their personal gain. You also make assumptions based on cost or feasibility of the project.

As far as the grandfather paradox goes, it's been done a million times. There is no definite answer because we have no way of testing it. Perhaps you cease existing when you change time, maybe a cosmic censor disallows it, there are many possibilities but to say you have been able to eliminate some of those based on a series of assumptions is unreasonable.

I don't mean to shoot you or your theory down but it seems to be built on a lot of predictions with no supporting evidence. Also, anytime you choose to deal with the theoretical and attempt to present it as fact, through the use of your choice of writing style and wording, it is not going to be well received. Again, not trying to be rude but just giving you my thoughts on the subject and how I perceived your post. Any clarifications or additions would be nice.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
if there is dimensions though like you said as yards or inches on a stick how long would each be, do they end, how much time would you have in each one etc are questions that would come to my mind

if time travel is traveling from dimension to dimension the future to the past

then you could influence people, you would exist in 2 dimensions at the same time, you could influence your past if you are in that dimension, why couldn't you?

maybe my theory with the grandparent is going too far and is too much

but to tell someone who is buying a car that a ford is no good, then going to see what happens in the other dimension, going back, telling them fords are fine, and going back to the future to see what happens

i don't really believe in time travel cause many things just don't add up

but i was just thinking about the secret and time travel

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am not going to explain myself, I do not have to. Google 2012 and it answers our short time. Also revelations, events are already happening. My logic is anything but faulty sir, thank you very #ing much. Possibility your understanding of it is not advanced enough, or the information you have to decipher my post is not sufficient or is disinformation. These are likely. As for the first thing done, it will be to prove it exist, unless its some NWO or government, which is unlikely, they are hell bent on control, not time travel. It would be nice if lesser minds stayed out of the situation.

(you get nothing) Good day.

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher
if there is dimensions though like you said as yards or inches on a stick how long would each be, do they end, how much time would you have in each one etc are questions that would come to my mind

Dates end yes, tomorrow is gone is it not? Your question does not make sense. Time does consist of 3 dimensions, so does the spiritual world (eternal: knowledge, bliss, existence)

Originally posted by OSSkyWatcher
then you could influence people, you would exist in 2 dimensions at the same time, you could influence your past if you are in that dimension, why couldn't you?

you can not exist in two different places in the same time unless your.... cloned? If you traveled in time you exist in the future, your conscious is working there, as well as in the past where you are actively. You can't be at 2 different times at once, but you can exist in two different times.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If time travel was up and working now, then we wouldn't know about it unless we had the knowledge in this life path.
If I were to go back 10 years, I would be in a different life path and not everything would be the same, therefore, preserving the life path I came from and creating this new one, almost in a parallel dimension if you like. So things like wars and massive events would still happen but not in the same way. Like e.g, it might be that Hitler didn't get elected to power and it was someone else who controlled the nazi party etc.
There is some scientist's who actually performed time travel not so long ago. They shone a laser beam (can't remember all the dimensions of the experiment etc) and it weirdly hit its target before it should have, i.e before it was physically possible.
Hopefully someone reading this will know where to find that and post the info here.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
If time travel was up and working now, then we wouldn't know about it unless we had the knowledge in this life path.
If I were to go back 10 years, I would be in a different life path and not everything would be the same, therefore, preserving the life path I came from and creating this new one, almost in a parallel dimension if you like. So things like wars and massive events would still happen but not in the same way. Like e.g, it might be that Hitler didn't get elected to power and it was someone else who controlled the nazi party etc.
There is some scientist's who actually performed time travel not so long ago. They shone a laser beam (can't remember all the dimensions of the experiment etc) and it weirdly hit its target before it should have, i.e before it was physically possible.
Hopefully someone reading this will know where to find that and post the info here.
Thanks

Humm, interesting, and good post. I'm sorry I have not heard about this or have a link

When you shine a light source through a card (or other opaque object) the same photons pass through the slits at the same time. Still not explained. I suspect time plays a role (well, it does everything, but specifically.)

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 1337cshacker

I will try and find a link now

I believe it was what "John Titor" said, even if he was/wasn't real, I think what he said made sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here it is, it was in the Archive here on ATS.

John Titor

It's a good read if you haven't already read it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't know If I believe this john or not. I'll take it with an open mind and compress, what I think, is useful information into my brain.

Good find.

I lol'd at this.
"....the first "time machine" built by GE"

Figures...

"50 to 60 years a jump and travels at about 10 years an hour at 100% power"

10 years per hour? wow...

I like the way he describes 2036, and the WWIII in 2015, interesting. Assuming any of this is true, I wonder If I'm killed? According to him, I could be in one reality, but not in another If I decide to leave military and be private investigator like I really want to.

How come no one asked this kid if weed was legal yet?

[edit on 7-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think of time and cause and effect differently. More like a series of photographs. Here is my take on things:

The universe exists at this moment in one state (present). It does not matter how it got into this state (past), it simple "is". Much like a particle can exist in more than one state at once (superposition, etc), the universe can also exist in more than one state at a time (multiple dimensions). When you observe a particle it "locks it in" to one state. When we observe the universe we lock it into one state.

This may even help to explain some things like telekinesis. You have to defocus or "blur" your mind to do it. Maybe you are just "observing" the universe into a different state?

So *if* you could travel back in time and make an alteration and then travel forward in time you would be observing the universe in a different state. One that already existed anyhow.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snap
The universe exists at this moment in one state (present). It does not matter how it got into this state (past), it simple "is". Much like a particle can exist in more than one state at once (superposition, etc), the universe can also exist in more than one state at a time (multiple dimensions). When you observe a particle it "locks it in" to one state. When we observe the universe we lock it into one state.

So your saying there is ONE universe, not multiple, but different variations in superposition, like I had mentioned with light earlier?

Brilliant if so! Best theory I have heard since some of Einsteins works.

As for the rest of what you said, I think it DOES matter what happens before the present. What happens in the past determines present, this is very simple and is proven logic! What happens in present determines future does it not?

I have this theory of my own. (WARNING: This is the cycle of the universe in a single paragraph, true or not, powerful words indeed.)

Since the big bang, or any other start of the universe, what happens one second (directly) determines how and when the next discharge in energy is/how it will take place. So you have a huge bang through singularity in which matter and time are created at the same time. Next things start to cool, clouds form, stars form, and much violence as energy is spent from this big bang. Everything is expanding and speeding at a certain rate, even the rate at which it (the universe) is expanding is speeding. Now you have galaxies and star formation. As stars die, and heavier compounds are formed in a star after hydrogen burning. The star goes super nova, spreading iron, oxygen, carbon, etc, and other heavier than hydrogen elements through space. These orbit other stars, and form planets, and form us. Now the energy is in a chain, that continues to burn as we move and think, and direct situations in our life. Out ultimate destination is a "big freeze". I believe gravity will not overcome empty space's tendency to expand and become bigger. Energy dies down, everything moves an infinite amount of space between each other, everything eventually turns to sub zero. Since energy cannot be created, and only converted, and further empty space's natural expansion will not overcome gravity, we are headed for a big freeze. In trillions of years maybe, but everything one day, will be a frozen (absolute zero) place with no movement at all, and no energy.

Seems depressing? It is, anything we do here won't matter, but, we already knew this.

Einstein hoped to prove a universal constant, but instead, wound up proving a universal inconsistency. He proved you can have a universe expanding, or contracting, BUT, you cannot have a universe staying stable, they are either expanding or contracting.

Now, if you want to say it will begin to contract, I hope so, but do not think so, because natural space expanding is a greater force than gravity. Lots of forces are greater than gravity, gravity is actually quite weak. Lets say you have a small magnet and a paper clip on a table. The force of 1 little, tiny, magnet is enough to suck the paper clip to it, against... the WHOLE weight of the earth. Gravity is VERY weak now that you have perspective on it.

I hope we do have a "big crunch" though, because the fusion of all matter back toward a central point will produce another big bang and, in theory, renew the energy, and begin things all over. Thats a much more comforting thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
As for the rest of what you said, I think it DOES matter what happens before the present. What happens in the past determines present, this is very simple and is proven logic! What happens in present determines future does it not?

No, I think it really does not matter.

Imagine a pool table as the universe. The white ball hits the red ball and sends it rolling toward the other end of the table. If you take a snapshot of the pool table not long after the white ball struck the red ball, then this is the current state of the universe. A Red ball exists, it has x velocity, mass, etc. The universe does not care HOW it got these variables, only that they ARE.

Or think of it like a computer game when you load up a saved game. The computer does not care why you have a badly decimated army. It only knows that you have 3 knights and 2 peasants. How you got into this predicament is irrelevant.

This would have to mean that the universe has some type of limit on the shortest amount of time. Some type of quantum framerate like the planck constant.

top topics

join