It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Chorlton' spooks and the NSA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I did an online search on the word 'Chorlton' just out of curiosity. I found that it is a town just south of Manchester England and is a typical English town for the most part.

Digging a bit deeper I found a character using this name and having a discussion about spooks, cops and even the NSA (at the link below). This person seems quite educated on the topic for some reason.

www.thefiringline.com...

I wonder if others are interested in the topic of 'Chorlton?'

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I might be very interested. Especially if the thread is located in an appropriate forum. Doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with John Lear.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

Now I could very well be wrong here as I know very little about Chorlton but I think you will find that he's named after a children's tv character Chorlton from the programe Chorlton and the Wheelies.
Or he may indeed be from Chorlton and just used a pic from the programme as his avatar.

I also seem to recall him saying in a thread somewhere that he is, or was, a succesful musician who toured the world.

With all due respect, I don't think he's a spy or government disinfo / debunk agent.

Could very easily be wrong though.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There's a slim chance that anyone here is a spy, spook, or agent.

I know you must dislike Chorlton because he probably does not think like you do, or possibly you think he is attacking someone you admire. But to single him, or anyone, on either side, out is wrong. It is not us that have our own forum and make such outrageous claims.

Pretty childish thread, and yes I would say the same thing whether it was aimed at a skeptic or a believer.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I agree here..Chorlton is one of my friends here on ATS and rightly so being the educated member that he is , he has my utmost respect.This thread topic is seriously wrong and what in the world is it posted in the John Lear Forum for?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i think it's in the John Lear forum because John and Chorlton are often found feuding in here

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by AccessDenied

I agree here..Chorlton is one of my friends here on ATS and rightly so being the educated member that he is , he has my utmost respect.This thread topic is seriously wrong and what in the world is it posted in the John Lear Forum for?

Sorry accessdenied, he's here for dinner. We're having a roast!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think this is an example of how the tone on ATS seems to have changed even in the short time I have been here. There is also a thread about calling out another member, Caustic Logic, and using his real name. I think these threads are meant to be intimidating and stifle free speech or at the very least retaliatory.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I like roast, may I have thin slices so I can make a sandwich?

Hmm, is it crockpot cooked or oven baked? Only asking so I know what kind of bread to use.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i dont think anyone is a disinfo agent or nothing but if anybody is closest to it Chorlton sure fits the bill, lol. Its seems all he does is chase john lears posts and reply with something to devaluate them. kinda like fox news channel, lol. anyone can check for them selves that after every lear post theirs, chorlton, its seems like his mission is to discredit john. anyway, theirs no evidence of this whatsoever but ill admit it has crossed my mind.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
People with so much time on their hands and so little to do?

My nick on here is related to a relative who was a member of Cosgrove Hall Productions, the company that produced a (very good) programme called Chorlton & The Wheelies. with animation far ahead of its time.

I was a member of several quite famous Bands from the 60's and still gig regularly in a 60's band now. No it wasnt the Troggs and NO Im not Reg Presley, (nor Elvis reincarnated)

If anyone taking a poke at me had half a brain (a claim I would argue) they would see I contribute to many threads here on ATS. I have many interests, and as a member of a well known Band I had the pleasure of trvelling the world and was honoured to see many things and places not seen by the majority of contributors here.

That I choose to cross swords with John Lear and Zorgon is obvious. However, though I choose to dispute their claims does not lessen the respect I have for them and the work they have and are doing. I just disagree with them thats all. I have no animosity towards them.
I would be quite happy to meet either of them and buy them a glass or six of the insipid frozen anaerobic concoction you colonials laughingly call beer anytime.
Thats the thing about intelligent people see Mr 'denythestatusquo'? they debate and argue things yet still sit down and enjoy a cigar or a glass of decent Brandy.
Maybe when you are older you might realise it? Nahhhhhhhhhh!!

BTW 'denythestatusquo'.Ive just done a Google search for 'Status Quo' as you deny them and found they do exist
. Are you as I suspect, a matchstick man, and do you have the pictures. You are Rick Parfitt and I claim my £10

See you at a gig sometime, no free tickets though!

[edit on 2/10/07 by Chorlton]

[edit on 2/10/07 by Chorlton]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think this is a good place for it ... and I can understand the positioning.

I find Chorlton's political views to be quite astute ... but I also admit that sometimes his consistent attempts at debunking Zorgon and Lear to get a wee bit irksome ... BUT ... without him challenging them, pushing them, and winding them up ... they would lose part of the joy. Life isn't as amusing if everyone agrees, not as much gets accomplished if your theories and data isn't questioned.

If Chorlton was a 'agent' ... then there is no way he would put forth some of the stances he has in other areas of this forum.

To reiterate ... I see your point if my view was narrowed to just the Lear files ... but, if you see the whole picture, you can see he is just opinionated on these issues (or playing devil's advocate).

That new avatar threw me off though

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Thanks for the clarification there John...so where's my invite?
J/K

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Laughing my ass off at the emotes....
With much respect,
AccessDenied

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well, if its just a roast.....

Chorlton is so clumsy........

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by denythestatusquo

Just because you do not agree with Chorlton's posts, it doesn't make him a disinfo agent. Just because someone uses good logic and reasoning skills, it does not make him a government agent.

In my opinion people who derail threads and bring up divisive off-topic issues are the real disinfo agents. People who derail threads without any backing evidence be it in the form of external links or even plain old common sense are the ones you should be on alert.

Chorlton's responses in John Lear's or zorgon's threads are almost always spot on with logic, reason and common sense. In every thread there is a need for a logical point of view. If every fantastic thread doesn't have those sort of views, then how are we denying ignorance? We'd only be perpetuating it.

I may not agree with every post Chorlton makes, but I would be lying if I said that he doesn't bring up good facts to back up his claims. The opposing side would do well to bring facts to their claims.

Just my two cents worth.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If Chorlton's a disinfo agent then so am I

Oh, dang, wait a mo, what's that it says in my profile? ......

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
There's a slim chance that anyone here is a spy, spook, or agent.

I know you must dislike Chorlton because he probably does not think like you do, or possibly you think he is attacking someone you admire. But to single him, or anyone, on either side, out is wrong. It is not us that have our own forum and make such outrageous claims.

Pretty childish thread, and yes I would say the same thing whether it was aimed at a skeptic or a believer.

Yes ignore the facts. i thought you said you love your job? every single post of yours is to debunk, you obviously have an agenda and you think people cant see for what you really are?

They paid people to go on the Michael Jackson forums and discredit him, you think they wouldnt hire people to go on a conspiracy site?

"There's a slim chance that anyone here is a spy, spook, or agent." Damn your a big fat liar.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sorry guys but I fear I must be missing something about this thread.

As I understand it Chorlton's integrity is being questioned because he resolutely believes that most of what John Lear posts is arrant nonsense, he has the commitment and zeal to question those posts on a regular basis and someone using the same name, (maybe even him), has posted some comments somewhere else about MI5.

Please tell me if I'm wrong but that does appear to be about it, the sole reasons why an intelligent contributor, (albeit one with whom I frequently disagree), is being pointed at as a probable agent of some description. Oh, and his name is the same as a town near Manchester.

Honestly, I despair sometimes.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This thread needs killing, now.

Chorlton is not a disinfo agent or anything similar.

It is somewhat outrageous that an individual member of ats can be singled out just because he is vocal in his opposition some theories presented on ats.

I frequently disagree with some of Chorlton's opinions and arguements but he presents his posts in a respectful manner and gives balance to most debates.

I find it incredulous that this thread is still live when others have been killed off for far less.
The one redeeming feature this thread has is the amount of support offered to Chorlton.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join