It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Chorlton' spooks and the NSA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

It is somewhat outrageous that an individual member of ats can be singled out just because he is vocal in his opposition some theories presented on ats.

To be fair, John Lear was singled out and that thread still exists.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Sorry, didn't realise that.

I don't like the idea of anyone being singled out.

Individual posts etc, ok, but threads being negative about individual members just leads to bickering and should be discouraged.

ATS is, or should be, above that.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Anyone notice that as a rule, those critical of Chorlton are either American or don't indicate their location in their profiles, whilst Chorlton and his supporters are mostly non-American?

Or, put another way, John Lear and his supporters are mostly American, whilst his opponents are mostly non American

Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Indeed he was, to the extent that his mental state was being discussed in some rather perverse on-line amateur psychology event; and that was seriously disagreeable also.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Indeed he was, to the extent that his mental state was being discussed in some rather perverse on-line amateur psychology event; and that was seriously disagreeable also.

My daughter continually questions my mental state, however, my wife now knows I'm completely mad after I organised a 'wear your clothes back to front day' at the local primary school. Kids liked it though!.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I should chime in here and say Chorlton is an alright guy
I think he has alot to offer us here on ATS, and I dont always agree with him, but I sertinly dont dislike him or think he is disinfo!!!

And Chorlton & John lear has a love/hate relationship!! I can hear the wedding bells now! hehe

So I always welcome your thoughts Chorlton!! You bring much to the table here at ATS!! You keep us on our toes, and make for great discussions!!

Not to mention both John Lear and I are former Rockstars like you

Edit-- Oh my bad.. hehe My neighbour screams when I come outside too, but its screams of fear and discontent..hehe JK
I mean former as in all good Jest
Im glad you took that with a grain of salt my good man

[edit on 2-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Not to mention both John Lear and I are former Rockstars like you

I resent that word 'former' sir. My next door neighbour still screams when she sees me

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I was under the distinct impression that posting threads about generic members** was against the rules?

This is not Salem, 1692.

(**John Lear doesn't count, he offers himself to the public for debate on his theories and one must expect that you roll with the punches when you are the one creating said theories for the public to debate in the first place)

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r
I was under the distinct impression that posting threads about generic members** was against the rules?
This is not Salem, 1692.

Oh its OK I dont mind this time.
Obviously the OP was busy with his right hand at the time and was unable to find the 'Ignore button' when reading my posts.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Obviously the OP was busy with his right hand at the time and was unable to find the 'Ignore button' when reading my posts.

Busy doing what... want to clarify that statement?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Busy doing what... want to clarify that statement?

I apologise in advance, but I have to clarify your intent. Are you baiting him into admitting the obvious? For what purpose exactly? The guy has just had a thread made about him, which I would most certainly say falls into this rule from:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

It would appear though, that you are almost "picking" a side in this thread with your semi-entrapment quesiton, which is wrong on so many levels.

At least tell both of them off, not single out someone defending himself from an unwarranted attack.

**For the record, I disagree with Chorlton general opinions on most of the subjects, so this is not a "friend" leaping to anothers defence.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by timb3r]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nah, I was just curious how he would answer the question, thats all.

I wasn't trying to bait him or anything, just a question that popped in my mind, thought I'd ask it.

Oh, we better get back on subject... hurry...

Yeah, the thread was made about him, but he seems to be handling it in stride and having a good time with it...

[edit on 2-10-2007 by elevatedone]

[edit on 2-10-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Chorlton...
Where, oh where do I begin ?

Our early days at Quantico ?

The grunt training at NTC and
Re-Forger ?

The anti-political training the
New York Times so kindly pro-
vided us ?

Ahh, good times.

Seriously though,
Chorlton is on my friend list.
I agree with most of his views.

And, I respect his honesty, wisdom
and humor at getting a point across.

I truly wish I had a quarter of his
tact.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
I truly wish I had a quarter of his tact.

You and me both, bro.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I feel he is a debunker and no amount of evidence will convince him. I really don't care if he doesn't believe, but to have the attitude and assumption that everything is either fake, hoaxed, or misinterpreted is just plain out lame. I don't want to waste time reading words stemming from that type of attitude. You might say, well that keeps people honest and makes them back up their work before coming forth with anything they find interesting. Let me ask one question, what do people owe debunkers? They have the attitude that you are somehow not allowed to post anything without solid proof, and that we our somehow obligated to give them proof. In that case take down 100% of all alien related material, cause there's no concrete evidence to back it up. I mean if aliens were real we would have pieces of the flying saucer in our hands right? Surely if aliens were real they would hover over the white house lawn right?

What have debunkers given us about the truth? That aliens could be swamp gas, Venus, ice crystals, and Chinese lanterns?

Having the attitude like you can explain away anything, and that you have everything figured out is just plain dumb. We are children in a mature universe, not the other way around. No we don't have everything figured out, not even close.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archangel999
SaveTube
www.savetube.com...

...Use Savetube to save the videos...then save them in .flv format to upload to where ever...he he

This link doesn't work. Also, what does the rest of your post have to do with the topic?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I was a member of several quite famous Bands from the 60's and still gig regularly in a 60's band now. No it wasnt the Troggs and NO Im not Reg Presley, (nor Elvis reincarnated)

So I assume you didn't fall out of a tree in Fiji and have to be treated in Auckland Hospital for head injuries? If you did that would make you Keith Richards (Keef!!!) but I'm sure you're not from looking at your posted because in the 1970's Keith got together with Grqam Parsons and they used to drink a lot (plus other stuff I can't mention) and sit on mesas trying to spot ufos.

Anyway, as with everyone here, I don't care who you are in real life, I'm just inerested in what you post...

have a wonderful, peaceful day!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

great post freezer, i totally agree with you on that, i think we should all understand we know nothing really about the universe and we should take in and think about all the information before just saying hoax, simply because it doesn't go with what the average person believes.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Freezer

I feel he is a debunker and no amount of evidence will convince him.

My dear Sir,
You are quite incorrect.

I really don't care if he doesn't believe

If this were true, you would not
have posted.

but to have the attitude and assumption that everything is either fake, hoaxed, or misinterpreted is just plain out lame.

Lame ? When there is no proof, what-so-ever that
aliens exist ?

Your statement Sir, is lame.

I don't want to waste time reading words stemming from that type of attitude.

Then don't. Use the KISS rule.

You might say, well that keeps people honest and makes them back up their work before coming forth with anything they find interesting.

Wrong-o.
If someone finds something interesting,
PLEASE bring it forth !!
To bring forth Statements of Fact, with
no proof is where the problem arises.

Let me ask one question, what do people owe debunkers?

Great question.
I'm not a debunker, nor do I think
Chorlton is one.
Personally, I'm a skeptic.
Anyone claiming contact with an alien
owes me (and the populace) only one
thing. Proof.

They have the attitude that you are somehow not allowed to post anything without solid proof, and that we our somehow obligated to give them proof.

See above, please.

In that case take down 100% of all alien related material, cause there's no concrete evidence to back it up.

I disagree.
As long as it is considered speculation,
I have no problem with posts.

I mean if aliens were real we would have pieces of the flying saucer in our hands right? Surely if aliens were real they would hover over the white house lawn right?

Let's see...both questions carry the word "if".

What have debunkers given us about the truth? That aliens could be swamp gas, Venus, ice crystals, and Chinese lanterns?

You Sir are confusing two issues.
UFO's do NOT connote Aliens.

Having the attitude like you can explain away anything, and that you have everything figured out is just plain dumb.

You obviously haven't read all of Chorlton's,
or my posts. Please do.

We are children in a mature universe, not the other way around. No we don't have everything figured out, not even close.

Broad statement.
Please elaborate.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I joined ATS not too long ago, I thought it was full of mature people and differences could be debated in an adult manner.I've come to the conclusion that I may be wrong.
I've read posts from Chorlton and I don't always agree,BUT I respect the person's opinion.
Having a heated discussion within a thread is one thing but this goes beyond.
Starting a thread on a member of this forum is unbelievable and irresponsible in my opinion.I'm shocked that this thread is still open.
Colour me disgusted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join