It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Many Faces On Mars! An Alien Connection?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
So if we can have similar occurrences here on earth, and yet have no idea as to why they were built, is it not possible, plausible even that there could be similar structures on other planets, remnants of a long-lost civilization?
Those photos show in the opening post do not look like the Nazca figures.

And they look like natural occurences to me, like the above posted figure or these.

Unless these were also made by an unknown civilisation.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can see faces in almost any abstract figure. Just go on google earth and you'll find millions of faces in the mountains. I think you're waisting your time on this one. Sorry to be blunt

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horusnow
I can see faces in almost any abstract figure. Just go on google earth and you'll find millions of faces in the mountains. I think you're waisting your time on this one. Sorry to be blunt

So what type those ancient 'shrooms do you take? I look at clouds and see clouds, I look at rocks and see rocks, I look at potatoes and see potatoes (well shocking truth and I'm embarrassed to say
) and not potato man,. However, I see your point about the subjective weakness of the human mind. But what you see is not always what someone else sees, is it?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Anyway does not matter what people say, if you are interested find out what you can, you will either get bored or want to find out more. Here is a website that might interest you as you are not the only one to think like this
www.mt.net...

I am not too bothered by it to be honest as I done some reseach and will use it for next time if things develop because that way you can weigh your arguemnts out.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I currently own a book on the mars faces and pyramids and what is referenced as small ancient cities, this book seemed to disappear from shelves only a few days after i bought it, it was called "the mysteries of mars unmasked" I noticed this because I tried to buy another copy for a friend anyway.

Do you not think this is a tad suspicious I have searched the internet high and low to find another copy of this book and I cannot?

If you find a copy located anywhere please let me know.

In this book it has detailed images of mars pyramids and showing how they align accurately with certain stars at a certain time of the year and day, this also occurs with earth pyramids that they align to show the time to worship a certain god.

1. It is a feat in itself for ancient Egyptians to be able to build pyramids to such incredible accuracy, yet to be able to align them with stars so precisely.

2. Why would there be pyramids on mars if the Egyptians built them.

I believe in the Noah Arc theory or something similar where another world started ours in some way, shape or form.

It also seems strange to me that only 98.5% of our DNA with apes/monkeys but there is no explanation for the other 1.5% could we be just a hybrid of our predecessors?

That is all

TK Enthusiast

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

These are good photos, thanks for posting.
Some I must admit look look convincing but I really think, as much as I would love to believe to the contrary, that all of these formations are natural.

Think about it, you will always see something if you stare at it long enough.
Proof, just take a minute and look at cloud formations.
You will always see somethng that will resemble a familiar object whether it be a face, a body, an animal, all natural.

What will really be convincing is if we happen to someday see a very perfect square on Mars.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tk enthusiast
I currently own a book on the mars faces and pyramids and what is referenced as small ancient cities, this book seemed to disappear from shelves only a few days after i bought it, it was called "the mysteries of mars unmasked" I noticed this because I tried to buy another copy for a friend anyway.

Maybe try with the ISBN number? I can't find anything with that exact title on the net, so far anyway

edit: you might also want to try these links for your star links of the monuments on Earth and Mars. Not as complete as the book but gives you a good idea of the content

Mars Star Map

Egypt Star Map

Angkor Star Map

Cheers

[edit on 30/9/2007 by whatsthatthingy]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

ok i have search on a site called book butler and have found nothing on this book.

Title : The Mysteries of Mars Unmasked

ISBN: 0-309-40615-7

Author: David Robert

Published By: Supra Publishing Ltd

the upmost thanks to whoever finds this book as i will continue to look but have found nothing.

i am considering scanning it and making it an e-book.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tk enthusiast

That is strange, AbeBooks says it is an invalid ISBN code (and if I did not made any mistake while cheking, it really is an invalid ISBN), and it also says that they do not have any book by that publisher.

Maybe this turns out more interesting than the supposed faces on Mars.

Edit: can you post a scan of the cover and any other pages that can help identify that mistery book?

[edit on 30/9/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
there is only one I find slightly interesting and that is

but still I believe they're all just tricks of the eye. The brain likes to see familiar things when it can, so it'll find a face or some such thing where ever it can, in fact I can spot a face in the wood of my desk right now.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tk enthusiast
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

ok i have search on a site called book butler and have found nothing on this book.

Title : The Mysteries of Mars Unmasked

ISBN: 0-309-40615-7

Author: David Robert

Published By: Supra Publishing Ltd

the upmost thanks to whoever finds this book as i will continue to look but have found nothing.

i am considering scanning it and making it an e-book.

I think this guy is pulling our collective chains...

David Robert is a publisher of poetry books, ISBN is fake, book title doesn't exist.

PS: Thanks for making me waste a few more minutes of my precious life, bud!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

So are all of the huge pictures on earth of the Thunderbird and similar things that are only visible from the sky all just distortions that your brain is filling in? All just coincidence huh... How come the "right" answer always seems to be "its just coincidence that it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck... ALLL coincidence."

[edit on 30-9-2007 by shug7272]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This is true, all of the Nazca lines are much more clearly defined than the ones on mars, keep in mind, however, that the Nazca lines are only roughly 2000 years old while these monuments may be significantly older.

What also struck me is how similar the 4th and 5th pictures are to a traditional African headdress.

The center one.

And if I recall correctly, certain African tribes claim to have been in contact with aliens in ancient times. Perhaps they copied the style from some of their interplanetary friends?

Of course I'm willing to accept the possibility that they are simply naturally occurring formations that the mind can construe as artificial. Certainly possible, hell, maybe even probable. Given the choice I generally choose the fantastic over the mundane.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Children play this game all the time: They lie on the grass, stare up at the clouds and "see" lions, bears and ships in the clouds. It's called the imagination mixed with the surroundings of our natural world. We're all born with an imagination, nothing wrong with using it. Our universe presents us with all kinds of strange sights and sounds, doesn't mean there are giant monuments on Mars.

The so-called faces on Mars is nothing but people's wild imagination. People like Richard C. Hoagland have made a whole career out of selling this silliness.

Here's a breath of fresh air (it's called reality) and it shows how over the years, better optics have allowed us to see more clearly that what people have been surmising is a "face" is actually just a clump of dust.

Unmasking the Face on Mars
New high-resolution images and 3D altimetry from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft reveal the Face on Mars for what it really is: a mesa.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not debunking, but the term some of you may be looking for is "Pareidolia".

The term pareidolia (pronounced /pɛɹaɪˈdoliə/ or /pæɹaɪˈdəʊliə/), referenced in 1994 by Steven Goldstein,[1] describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hidden messages on records played in reverse.
en.wikipedia.org...

We do it all the time, from the Virgin Mary in toast to faces in the clouds.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This really seems to be a stretch to me. I am new here and not sure on how to post images so if this doesn't work, go to google images and search for "face rock". That is exactly the same thing that you are seeing in those Mars photos. Your own brain making the connection.....not an alien creation. I really don't see the connection betweeen geological formations resembling faces and 2000 year old lines drawn/dug in the ground. 2 completely different things in my mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That's wierd, that doesn't happen to me. I can stare at a cloud or piece of toast and still see not a thing. If i stare at light colored walls my vision tends to get blurry and i start seeing bubbles in my vision and shapes of nothing. Those pictures do look like what there intended to look like, but it's always safe to be a skeptical believer. So i'm not sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
I ask this; if a Type 3 or 4 civilisation was capable of bending space and time at will and terraforming star systems, why would they bother making crude, flat doodles in the middle of the Martian desert? Unless it's space graffiti.

Well, what do we know about alien psychology and customs?
You would think that the Egyptians were more than crazy to make massive pyramids to burry a tiny Pharaoh?! Pretty idiotic, what?
Unless, of course they were made for some other purpose by some other civilization and used by the Egyptians as convenient burial tombs!!

We'll perhaps never get to know why and how those Mars 'faces' were made! That is, if they are not natural geological formations!

I just can't think of a reason why such 'advanced' beings would chose to communicate with us in such a rudimentary fashion.With all that power, why not just send an email or make a telephone call!

When did we invent radio communcation and the internet?? Only 'recently'. Here we're talking of timelines of hundreds of thousands of years! Probably from the age of the great beasts!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRCrowley
Unmasking the Face on Mars
New high-resolution images and 3D altimetry from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft reveal the Face on Mars for what it really is: a mesa.

science.nasa.gov...

JR, gimme a break! Do you seriously believe that all that NASA and ESA is dishing out is the truth? Do you have incontrovertible evidence that these so called hi res images are not tampered with before publication? I think the half century old Viking pics have far better resolution than what they're dishing out now. Because some pics are obviously being tampered with.

Ok, here's an interview by Donna Hare.

A former NASA employee has revealed how NASA managed to cover up and erase anomalies such as UFOs from satellite photos. The employee, DONNA TIETZE HARE formerly of NASA, was a female slide technician and received numerous space awards including:

The 1969 Apollo Achievement award from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

1973 Skylab award.

A medallion for success on the Skylab-Suez Test project.

Other awards for her skill as a technical Artist includes a 1994 recommendation by Texas Governor Ann Richards to the Advisory Committee of Psychology Associates.

So that's her credibility! But again, as I said earlier, there are guys who are gonna say that she's a liar and doing it just for publicity! You just can't convince some people, can you?

The Interview is here: Thelivingmoon

NASA/ESA? Take it with a pinch of salt!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by Silk

So are the Nazca lines products of visual dissonance as well? It seems fairly clear that they are not.

The Nazca lines are clearly man-made patterns on the ground. These pictures from Mars are rock formations, as seen from certain angles and casted shadows - completely different.

Originally posted by mikesingh
Colorization by Keith Laney

You can pretty much see any number of 'faces' within this natural landscape:

This one even looks like Daffy Duck's beak!

[edit on 1-10-2007 by VelvetSplash]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join