It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Element 115 question

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have already proved John to be lying about this. Element 115 and all of its isotopes have a maximum half life of around 1 minute before dropping down to a naturally made element. Those laws apply everywhere throughout space. The only place it could be a naturally occurring element is inside a large star with an extreme amount of pressure and gravity. If taken out of that star, it would possess the same half life. The only way to make it on earth is by particle smashing and it would still only be 115 for milliseconds, up to a minute.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
Element 115 and all of its isotopes have a maximum half life of around 1 minute before dropping down to a naturally made element.

All known isotopes, there are many possible isotopes of 115 for which the half-life is unknown.

The only place it could be a naturally occurring element is inside a large star with an extreme amount of pressure and gravity.

115 could not form naturally in even the largest hypergiant star. The only possible natural source would be in the remnants of a hypernova.

If taken out of that star, it would possess the same half life.

Correct as half-life is totally independent of external pressure and temperature, and indeed physical state and chemical activity.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by sonicology]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Originally posted by Lexion

I'm not bashing, or flaming.
Just trying to find the truth.

Regards,
Lex

Thanks for the post Lex.

Now think about it. Do have the remotest idea what would happen if you shot a proton into 233 grams of Element 115?

Assuming that it existed?

Assuming that it is stable?

Assuming that 116 is unstable?

Assuming the result is instantaneous decay?

Assuming that decay throws of anti-matter which would react
in a total conversion of matter to energy?

On a work bench?

C'mon Lex. Where is your sense of humor?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology

Element 115 and all of its isotopes have a maximum half life of around 1 minute before dropping down to a naturally made element.

All known isotopes, there are many possible isotopes of 115 for which the half-life is unknown.

The only place it could be a naturally occurring element is inside a large star with an extreme amount of pressure and gravity.

115 could not form naturally in even the largest hypergiant star. The only possible natural source would be in the remnants of a hypernova.

If taken out of that star, it would possess the same half life.

Correct as half-life is totally independent of external pressure and temperature, and indeed physical state and chemical activity.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by sonicology]

I think we can agree it's not possible.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Originally posted by sonicology

Thanks for the post sonicoly. Bob told me "Naturally occurring element 115 could only be found in a solar system much, much larger than ours. The 2 main factors which determine the residual matter that remains after the creation of that solar system is the amount of electromagnetic energy and the amount of mass present at the time of the creation of that solar system. A much larger solar system than the one earth is in would have had to have been created to have element 115 occurring as a natural element."

The three pieces that we had were the naturally occuring type. Bob told me that to try and synthesize Element 115 here on earth is totally impossible because of the time it would take.

Many don't believe that Bob worked at S-4 or was able to obtain 3 peices of Element 115. But I do.

Thanks for the post and your input.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TomProctor

TP, I will kindly advise you that you're wasting your time. John Lear has a cultlike following of people who've already decided what they will and will not believe about extraterrestrial phenomena. Trying to reason with these individuals is futile, since John Lear's resume is so impressive that his keystrokes are considered by many to be almost equivalent to the word of God.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Now think about it. Do have the remotest idea what would happen if you shot a proton into 233 grams of Element 115?

If you shoot a proton into 233g of anything, what would almost certainly be happening is - nothing at all! Because of electromagnetic repulsion, the single proton wouldn't react with any nucleus. And because the proton is a stable particle, it would simply live happily ever after wherever it came to rest in the target material.

Assuming that it existed?

Assuming that it is stable?

Assuming that 116 is unstable?

Assuming the result is instantaneous decay?

Assuming that decay throws of anti-matter which would react
in a total conversion of matter to energy?

Assumption #5 is total BS (as is #2, of course), because instantaneous decay of any normal-metter nucleus will only produce normal-matter decay products. And even if the decay did produce anti-matter particles (which it doesn't), all you got from your single proton, would be a few anti-matter particles - you wouldn't even notice when these annihilate with the surrounding matter.

Anyway, even if your above assumptions were meant as a joke (which I doubt), everything you said on this thread so far only shows that you have absolutely zero knowledge about nuclear physics. Bob Lazar has pulled your leg big time! BTW, Bob screwed up when he chose element number 115 for his nonsense. He should at least have said something like, say, element 230 - this would have been outside the reach of actual experiments forever, and you guys could always have said "The scientists' model for superheavy nuclei > 200 protons are all wrong - the aliens told us better!"

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow, talking about kicking the guy while he's down.
Well as much as I don't agree with John Lear's so called 'facts', I feel bad about you guys putting him down the way that you guys did.

Even if the stuff that he say in here is considered ridiculous, you don't have the right of putting him down like that.

You guys are cruel. Leave the old man alone.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by omnicron

Wow, talking about kicking the guy while he's down.
Well as much as I don't agree with John Lear's so called 'facts', I feel bad about you guys putting him down the way that you guys did.

Even if the stuff that he say in here is considered ridiculous, you don't have the right of putting him down like that.

You guys are cruel. Leave the old man alone.

Thanks omnicron, its OK. The more they kick and scream and screw themselves up into ceiling the more I know I am on the right track. Its always the same guys, nothing ever changes. yfxxx huddles with his fellow dropouts at the hauptbahnhoff beer parlor anxiously waiting for Oktoberfest.

If you knew those people like I know them you would understand they just can't help themselves. They're just like that and nobody is going to tell them anything.

Thanks again for the kind words omnicrom.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Many don't believe that Bob worked at S-4 or was able to obtain 3 peices of Element 115. But I do.

This got me thinking.

In 1999 scientists at the U.S. Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory announced the discovery of elements 118 and 116 and even announced that "the sequence of decay events is consistent with theories that have long predicted an 'island of stability' for nuclei with approximately 114 protons and 184 neutrons". Two years later they retracted their statement and said the discovery had been a "mistake".

In 1989 two physical chemists called Fleischmann and Pons discovered a process which they christened "cold fusion" for initiating nuclear fusion at room temperature. Shortly after they were forced to retract their discovery and were ridiculed by the scientific community, and indeed whilst doing my chemistry degree we studied their work as a textbook example of "pseudoscience". However more recently in 2006 a similar experiment again produced evidence of high-energy nuclear reactions occuring in much the same way as was originally reported and the process is now being further studied at the US Navy Space and Naval Warfare Systems Centre in San Diego.

The point I am trying to make is that if Bob is right about the properties of certain isotopes of element 115 would not the people at the top try to suppress research into this area by mainstream science, and attempt to discredit and ridicule those who do despite the fact that their research may have merit as appears to have been the case with cold fusion? If it was revealed that there is indeed an "island of stability" for superheavy elements it could spur a new wave of research into this area which some people might find most unwelcome.

Originally posted by TomProctor
I think we can agree it's not possible.

I disagree to agree, for the reasons given above.

I like to keep an open mind, especially when reading ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thanks omnicron, its OK. The more they kick and scream and screw themselves up into ceiling the more I know I am on the right track. Its always the same guys, nothing ever changes.

And neither do you ever change. As usual, only snide remarks but no counter-arguments whatsoever. Instead ...

yfxxx huddles with his fellow dropouts at the hauptbahnhoff beer parlor anxiously waiting for Oktoberfest.

... you only come up with a very blatant and inelegant insult. Is that all you have to back up your case, and refute the numerous points against it?

If you knew those people like I know them [...]

With all due respect, you don't know me at all, Sir!

Regards
yf

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yeah, im just gonna say that I love reading the John Lear stuff, and i think i believe it!

John is right about the bashers, its just the nature of the beast for them. They wouldnt listen to anyone who speaks the truth and is unbiased and intelligent.

anyway ...

John, how much of element 115 would you guess is on this planet right now???????

[edit on 1-10-2007 by moderndayHanSolo]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John, you mentioned that you didnt know what you were looking for at the time of the experiment. Didn't Bob explain the purpose of the experiment or what you might see?
Now it seems you understand the reason for experiment. Was this explained to you before or after the experiment?

I have one more question if you'll indulge me ( it is slightly off topic ). You mentioned on another thread that your wife doesn't believe in your theories. I'm having a really hard time with this because if I'd have seen/heard/was convinced of the things that you claim to have seen/heard/been convinced about then I think my significant other would be the easiest person in the world to convince. I don't mean this to sound rude but you've obviously ( if you're to be believed ) seen/heard some pretty amazing things. Does your wife think you are lying?
Take the 115 issue for example. You have obviously told your wife about you obtaining the 115 and testing it. If she doesn't believe you on this issue surely she can only think you're lying or crazy?
Many thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My apologies for disbelieving you John Lear, I had no idea you did work with Bob Lazaar. Is there a thread describing work you two contributed to?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Funny that people that don't agree with what you are saying are so desperate to shut you up though?

Anyways on to the learning.

So what is OUR people doing with 115 anyways?

I know they want it for anti-grav tech. Can they use it this way? Are they able to get out there not and 'get their own?'

I'm assuming that Grays and Lizards get this stuff from the Orion system or some such?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
element 115 was described as bob lazaar as the fuel for the recovered alien spacecraft he was assigned to reverse-engineer.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by moderndayHanSolo

John, how much of element 115 would you guess is on this planet right now???????

Thanks for the post moderndayHansSolo. 19 years ago we had 500 pounds that the aliens gave us. We were unable to use it for gravity shielding because the technology, although we understood it, was just too far ahead of us.

So they made a bomb out of some of it. The estimated power of that bomb was to be able to blow up half a continent the size of South America.

I doubt if they ever used the bomb but they had it.

In the intervening years I have heard rumors of another weapon even bigger. Whether it uses 115 or not I don't know. Using 115 for a bomb is very efficient because it creates anti-matter which combines with matter and creates a total 100% conversion of matter to energy. I think the hydrogen bomb is 3% efficient.

As to whether or not the aliens gave us any more 115 I don't know.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by RedEyes

John, you mentioned that you didnt know what you were looking for at the time of the experiment. Didn't Bob explain the purpose of the experiment or what you might see?

Thanks for the post RedEyes.

If he did I don't remember it. He may have and it flew right over my head. There were so many things going on at the time. It was several months after Bob refused to go back to S-4. George Knapp was airing the Lazar special. Marilee (my wife) went over to Bob's house with her .45 Government Model and threatened to shoot his Corvette because he had thrown a yellow die marker in our pool all because I tied a Pepsi can under his Corvette at the Lied Modern Science building where he was doing his community service. The 115 had been taken from Los Alamos National Labs were it had been machined. Somebody borrowed three of the machined pieces and gave them to Bob.

Was it explained to you before or after the experiment?

I don’t remember it ever being explained until years later when the subject of whether or not Bob really had any 115 came up. I figured if I was going to tell the story about the experiment that I had better find out what Bob was and Joe were doing.

I have one more question if you'll indulge me ( it is slightly off topic ). You mentioned on another thread that your wife doesn't believe in your theories. I'm having a really hard time with this because if I'd have seen/heard/was convinced of the things that you claim to have seen/heard/been convinced about then I think my significant other would be the easiest person in the world to convince. I don't mean this to sound rude but you've obviously ( if you're to be believed ) seen/heard some pretty amazing things. Does your wife think you are lying?

No.

Take the 115 issue for example. You have obviously told your wife about you obtaining the 115 and testing it. If she doesn't believe you on this issue surely she can only think you're lying or crazy?

She doesn’t know anything about 115 other than we had it.

This is her kissing Bob on my 52 Birthday.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Funny that people that don't agree with what you are saying are so desperate to shut you up though?

Interesting.

Anyways on to the learning.

So what is OUR people doing with 115 anyways?

Explained above.

I'm assuming that Grays and Lizards get this stuff from the Orion system or some such?

I don't know where they got it.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by blowfishdl

My apologies for disbelieving you John Lear, I had no idea you did work with Bob Lazaar.

No problem. Thanks for the post.

Is there a thread describing work you two contributed to?

There are many threads here on ATS about Bob Lazar. I have contributed to most of them.

Thanks again for the post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join