It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in high school? Do you HAVE to have your ID Card??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm just curious because we get school ID cards and you know its understandable to keep it on you in a sticky situation or whatever. But now as of today you HAVE to have it to buy lunch, why? I dont understand is it preparing us for things to come? When I walk do the street do I have to have a drivers license? I've noticed a lot of people getting "carded" for no reason, and they intimidate you with detentions or Saturday schools and stuff. It's pretty scary.

As my history teacher says, "you have less rights here than a inmate at San Quentin"

I was just wondering your guys thoughts on the school ID thing, because to me it really means nothing I mean you cant get on a airplane with a high school ID so why is it so important?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
When I went to school only people who were on special discounted lunch programs for poor families had to show any type of ID in order to get their discount.

[edit on 9/25/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Some schools require you to have and RFID chip in your student ID so they can track who is in the building at all times.

A small-town school in California has become the latest to mandate that students wear RFID-based ID cards when on campus. According to Brittan Elementary School officials in Sutter, a rural farming community, the tags have been implemented to simplify attendance-taking and reduce vandalism. In addition to tracking students in classrooms, the school's principal wants them tracked in bathrooms and locker rooms.

www.engadget.com...

Is your ID card tracking you to the toilet ???

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
we dont even have a school id but i go to a school for everyone who got kicked out of the normal high school ironically called choices

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hmm I dont know honestly
But there is a bar code on there that they can scan.....

Man I hate my school
They can care less about their students, they just care about their reputation. How does a school get its reputation? The students. They scare you into doing good for them. I've been in High School for 3 years now and every single year I hear how we are the worst of the best and how we have to keep on improving. They punish so you do everything they want, forgot your book because you took it home because the lockers arent even owned by the school so and vandalism to them is not the schools fault? Too bad, you get detention, 3 detentions equals 4 hours on Saturday, 3 of those equals suspension.

You have to be kidding me I feel like I'm in a military school, and I know you'll all say it's tougher in college or whatever but this is a public high school man!

And for the IDs, what are they going to get out of IDing people for lunch? This isnt for discounted lunch this is required for every person no matter what. It already takes 25minutes to get lunch out of a 30 minute lunch, add the carding into there it will defiantly make you miss lunch or very close to the bell. I mean if you're not a student at the school which is the main purpose of carding, how is a non student buying lunch gonna hurt? If anything it helps them make money off of their light bulb heated overpriced crap.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah my schoool rules say that i must at all times have my ID card but whatever i dont feel like it. TOo much of a hassle and its High School, nuff said lol.

But i dont really see the problem, i mean, everyone in the country has an ID card and drivers license, its just an efficient way of Identification not tracking.

Though if my school had forced me to have say, an RFID then thats where i draw the line and do some rebelling!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I Never Got a Highschool Id card in all 4 years of highschool. In my school they were optional, if u wanted one you bought it, if u didnt want one than you didnt buy it.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
When I went to school only people who were on special discounted lunch programs for poor families had to show any type of ID in order to get their discount.

same here.

honestly, school lunch is so filled with CRAP from government contractors, you should just bring your own anyways. Look at this as an additional incentive.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i dont know about where you live but in sc yes if you are over 16 you mush have a pic id on you when you walk down the street..

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

at my school we have to use our ids in lunch too. Its weird but we can also type our student ID. thats kinda weird. A student ID. makes you wonder if we are in a giant database somewhere

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
they gave us cards in my school when i was in 7th now i'm in 10th and i haven't used it. but to buy anything at lunch we need to type in the number on the card. when you do a picture shows up it says how much money you have in your account, unless you are paying with cash. it isn't a problem in my school because we don't need the card

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hmm yes, you get your id card scanned with a scanner and then you buy lunch? For what? I dont understand???? The last 3 years everything was fine until yesterday now you have to have your barcode scanned... Scary

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
I dont understand is it preparing us for things to come? When I walk do the street do I have to have a drivers license?

Sadly, I have to report that in some places in the U.S. you do, in fact, have to have an ID even if you're strolling in the park. Because it is an arrestable offense at this point not to produce ID when asked by a police officer.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
in my school we have to have id's because we have an account and thats what you put your lunch money on. they scan it and it tells you how much you have. something about the school not wanting us to carry around cash because of "bullying". whatever i dont see a conspiracy i just see stupid administration.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My school rules are:

*If you have no ID you don't enter the school

* If you have no ID you get detention

* More than 2 detentions equals a Saturday Detention (FULL OF WORK)
What about the Sabbath???

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
wow i didnot realize we had so many teenagers on this site. dont get me wrong thats a good thing. after all they are our future. now that i know this i look forward to your insight.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When I was in HS we had to have a ID issued by the school. It was complete BS. You had to have it and it cost 5 dollars to get one. If you lost it it cost 5 dollars to get another. You couldn't enter the school without it so if you left it at home you couldn't go inside and if you didn't have a ride home you were screwed. If you missed more than 10 days wether by illness or because of lost ID you automatically failed the schoolyear AND were reported to truancy officers. If the Truancy people saw fit, they could take you and your parents to court and charge you AND your parents up to 75 per day that you missed. This happened to one of my friends, he ended up going to juve-hall because he told to judge to F-himself.

The school said the cards was for our protection, the ID cards were started , supposedly, as a result of Columbine and several bomb threats to our school along with some people that went to the school vandalizing the place and even driving a car through the front door over summer vacation. The final impression I have with the ID that I was made to wear was that it was nothing more that a way to get more money from the students and nothing more.

The idea of a ID for protection is ridiculous. If you believe a ID is helping keep you safe you are a FOOL and have no comprehension of a criminal mind. The people that make these idiot ideas come to fruition seem to think that a ID system will stop people with AK47s from blasting their way through security guards and even police. They seem to think that IDs will keep people with sniper rifles from hanging outside a school while someone inside pulls a fire alarm. Its is total BS and anyone that it subjected to this "collaring" should fight it by any means necessary.

Think about where you go to school or even work. Would a ID really stop anyone that is totally bent on putting a bullet into your skull? Think about what it would take for someone to walk right into the front door and start stabbing, shooting, or even setting off some homemade explosives.

Its all about the cash in the end and has nothing to do with your safety.

[edit on 26/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
this post is very intresting im not big on ID cards and to read the punishments you get in schools because of not carry the card is worring along with how you have to have a lunch account where i live i have never had to use an id card at school but that was a long time ago

can you tell me please the lunch accounts can you explaine to me breifly how they work by that i mean do you pay once a week handing over cash to go into your account or do your parents pay into it by credit card / or threw the bank im intrested in the details because in my day all you did was bring your cash in on the day or some kids got it free but you didnt have to prove who you was ...it is a bit worrying ....and seems almost prison like or at least conditioning for that kind of inviroment

thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
yeah, we all had to have ID card when I was in high school...and they wanted us to wear it around our necks. Like another poster already said, we had to pay $5 every time we lost one.
The teachers didn't seem to really care about them (they also had to wear one)...it was the principle and superintendents that would stop you in the hallway if you didn't have one.

The school was not any safer because of them...any crazy person off the street could still walk right in.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by juicebox]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I registered my son as a freshman this fall.
It was REQUIRED that his social security card number was shown and they made a copy.
He has had the same student number all these years so I was a tad piffed that I had to go home and fetch his soc sec card to get him into the school.

oh well. NO illegal aliens are able to register.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join