It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever afraid to post your thoughts on here?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Thank you Redge777, your thoughts & concern are duly noted.

They are note worthy indeed, because they strike at an element in our true comfort zone. Anything which scratches or tears at the very envelope of our existence is a danger. Humankind has a primordial "trigger," if you will, when things begin to threaten us, especially as a "whole."

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

I believe you are speaking of the defence mechanisms to avoid internal conflict and perception of suffering. I find these things fascinating, for we build and create entire perceptions, leading to simply seeing the world not as it is.

Ego, guild, fear, and even the knowledge of responsibility can keep us away from the truth of who we are and what we should be.

Even Empathy, something that should be natural is guarded. This keeps a person from having to further dilute the resource allocation to people already on a persons empathy list. We ignore our neighbor to better care for our family. Might this be an action based on love?

The awakening of empathy for a group of suffering people in, lets say, one of your friends, is that not adding suffering to your friends life? If he does not have the resources to do anything then by making him aware of others suffering, you actually hurt the world wide ratio of happiness to suffering.

It is all very interesting. And a road that should be traveled thoughtfully

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i am terrified of posting some of the things i post. i do it anyway because its my job as a human being to advocate peace and not war. i have a family and my worst fear is not ever seeing them again, which could easily be accomplished.

at first i only used a proxy to post here and i didnt ever use windows to post. i have since realized that 'their' hackers are better than me and could find me if they wanted.

i was scared to death (so to speak) when i made my modus operandi post about 911. It was debunker free, however it was also CT free for some time, which scared me even more.

They say the truth will set you free, but then so will death. america was founded by people, whom above all else believed give me liberty or give me death. game on.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well to put it boldly i would say much more but unfortunately the forums here are moderated, but with mercy.. I mean the whole point of having a representative republic was that our leaders wouldnt be corrupt whores for foreign and corporate/devious schemers or aliens??. So because of this we are using our most minimal but most important freedoms to expose and discuss openly things that can solve the crisis our constitution is facing, despite whether certain radio talk show hosts think the constitution is not a living document, it should be, but hes right in a modern sense.

I wish to see a day where greed and tyrnanny are long dead, and campfires, smiles and intergalactic peace are all that can be seen.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was actually a little skeptical when I posted my first message. But then I thought I was not the only one sharing my thoughts. After all, we still have our right to speak in the constitutions.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There are certain types of things that I would never post if I knew them. For instance, if I had firsthand knowledge of black ops or something that would really tick someone off if I posted here. I'd be afraid to post something like that, but since I don't have any knowledge of that sort of thing, I feel safe enough.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join