It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever afraid to post your thoughts on here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have become more and more fearful of reprisal from my own government if I post political views that differ from the current administration. Especially now that Bush can name anyone an enemy combatant and arrest you without cause.

I have typed many responses to posts only to delete them instead of posting due to this fear. Most of the time I am afraid to discuss terrorism, Iran, Iraq and 911 events.

This is a shame for America that I, and I bet many others are starting to feel this way. It is sad I feel scared to use free speech in the United States.

I always feel like somebody is watching me here...

Am I alone in this?

Xeven

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i dont know about afraid...

there are a few things I will never post, because in 10 years who knows what kind of searching they will have to link posts here with my actual identity..

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people frequenting discussion sites probably have files with the authorities as "persons of interest", a black mark against us perhaps?

I did start noticing about 4 years ago that every time I fly into the US I get to the immigration desk only to watch the officer start reading something on screen then, every time, sending me off to a holding area for an hour or two to be interviewed. I'd also add that the interview usually ends up as a quick "business or pleasure" and "enjoy your stay"

Why? I have no idea and it only happens when I go to the US, never anywhere else in the world. I often feel like asking what they are reading but perhaps it's best not to.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't feel that way. This is a conspiracy site on the internet. I doubt very much that the govgoons take anything posted on here very seriously.

If someone were to come on and post actual classified information straight from the military, that might be a different story, but opinions? Meh.

Some of the people I knew on the street, homeless drug addicts that lived from welfare check to welfare check, used to think that the police were following them everywhere they went.

What would be the point? They had no real info, they had no influence, and nobody aside from their case workers and other homeless people knew who they were.

It's the same principal here. I feel very confident we are all safe from the government on this site.

There's only so much money to go around to fight all the ideological wars we're involved in right now, and one anonymous person's opinion posted on the internet is not going to be worth spending money to investigate.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've typed responses and deleted them many times. Not because of the Bush admin(his reign doesn't deserve the rest of the word) but because of a second thought about the T&C.

link   
That is what they want. They want all of us to be fearful of their power. We must stand up and speak our minds and stand strong together. They want us to bury our heads in the sand and let them do what they want.

Don't get me started.

link   
reply to post by scientist

I suspect that the gov't both monitors this site and currently has the means to obtain the identities of people who post here. With that in mind, I remain "cautious."

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I have become more and more fearful of reprisal from my own government if I post political views that differ from the current administration. Especially now that Bush can name anyone an enemy combatant and arrest you without cause.

I have typed many responses to posts only to delete them instead of posting due to this fear. Most of the time I am afraid to discuss terrorism, Iran, Iraq and 911 events.

This is a shame for America that I, and I bet many others are starting to feel this way. It is sad I feel scared to use free speech in the United States.

I always feel like somebody is watching me here...

Am I alone in this?

Xeven

well if you are against there system youll always be against their system and at that point it wouldnt matter...cause you know whats in your heart

but not speaking your mind also isnt fair to your ownself

just my two cents and I had to borrow them

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I gotta say that I hope they aren't wasting their time. No offense but really, there is no one here worth the effort.

If you are talking on a message board that means you aren't really doing anything other than another form of mental ma... uhhh... calisthenics. They don't worry about you, they worry about the people who actually do things.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nah, I've always just posted what I've damned well pleased...I can't remember actually calling for violent revolution, but short of that, I've accused some very powerful people of very, very bad things, I've never experienced any difficulties from the authorities because of my postings so I see no need to stop.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
I gotta say that I hope they aren't wasting their time. No offense but really, there is no one here worth the effort.

If you are talking on a message board that means you aren't really doing anything other than another form of mental ma... uhhh... calisthenics. They don't worry about you, they worry about the people who actually do things.

thats not the issue though. In 10 years, when all it takes is the click of a button to aggregate everything you have ever written on any message board - no one will be wasting time. There will be algorithms that can detect similarities in writing styles to link even your anonymous posts to your identity.

Then, just run a few filters, and if you come up red flag, THEN they worry about you and look into it. EVerything prior to that will be automated.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think the government does monitor this site as much as any other consperacy site...Do they not use that software that sniffs everything on the web for certain trends and such ??..I for one dowes not have Murder ar heart...so I have nothing to fear.. I do not want the pres to die...or blow up the world..I wish I could proof read my things better...sic..
...How do we know when we start disappering one by one from ATS ???.)..OMG

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Screw 'em. They're a bunch of damn liars, thieves, and adulterers. I don't apologize for painting them with a wide brush. Those that don't fall into the previous categories simply turn a blind eye to the malfeasance.

They don't pay any attention to this site. They're too busy taking payments under the table and.....hang on....knock on the door....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
my only fear is i will be seen as a nut job for my views of free speach and free thinking im not scared of any govenment or its leaders i was born free ill die free

look at this picture its from a mysace site it could be real could be fake

Shot at 2007-09-24

here is the site
profile.myspace.com...

my advice is if its on your mind just say it if its how you feel get it out there because they are your honest thoughts and honesty is better then lies and surpresion surely?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In my life there have been some things that have come to my attention that I could write about or disclose that might be of benefit to a conspiracy- & paranormal based Forum...but I dont. Why? Because there is no way I can do it anonymously. Anything can be traced back to me. I am not saying that I could get killed for the information I have, but I wouldnt make any friends in certain circles and might even get into trouble.

Is it worth getting into trouble in my personal & private life just to entertain some internet-folks who might not even respond or might do everything in their power to debunk what I have to say? Not hardly.

So, to answer the OP, yes indeed there are things that Id never post online.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
thats not the issue though. In 10 years, when all it takes is the click of a button to aggregate everything you have ever written on any message board - no one will be wasting time. There will be algorithms that can detect similarities in writing styles to link even your anonymous posts to your identity.

That technology is front and center. Enter Google your friendly neighborhood version of big brother. Apparently, and for the life of me I can't find a link at present, Google is experimenting with a new system in Australia I believe for an election. What they are doing is indexing ALL the Internet history of candidates for easy one stop shopping. A confused or even partially educated voter can find all their candidates posting, rants, whatever via Google. Rather daunting when you think about it but on the other hand its offers a nice summary of just what type of potential moron you may be advocating in office.

That said I think people here really over estimate themselves. Sure there's a lot of here say and conjecture posted but the real nuts and bolts (classified material) will never show its head and theres an abundantly obvious reason for that. There is no question in my mind that they are profiling people to the extreme, but for the average verbal sparring and opinion shared here its just not worth their effort I'm sure.

brill

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In my life there have been some things that have come to my attention that I could write about or disclose that might be of benefit to a conspiracy- & paranormal based Forum...but I dont. Why? Because there is no way I can do it anonymously. Anything can be traced back to me. I am not saying that I could get killed for the information I have, but I wouldnt make any friends in certain circles and might even get into trouble.

Is it worth getting into trouble in my personal & private life just to entertain some internet-folks who might not even respond or might do everything in their power to debunk what I have to say? Not hardly.

So, to answer the OP, yes indeed there are things that Id never post online.

then your conditioned to obey ill say wat i want when i want because im free if not in life in sprit
why hold back your views it proves your surpressed

and tht wasnt an attack on you personaly

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

then your conditioned to obey ill say wat i want when i want because im free if not in life in sprit

No, lets put it this way: For revealing SOME stuff I would like to get paid and not waste the information on a forum with the attention-span of a 6 year old. What would happen? I would post something I know about that relates to a conspiracy. a few days later it would be forgotten. And Id be left with the real-life trouble. Thats not worth it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
just had a thought from reading all your posts and its only a thought mind

what if 30 years into the future one of our sons grand kids etc goes for office and then at tht time in life they can drag up all the tings i posted and they use it agest them say something along the lines. of..........well its in there genes" and use me agest them

tht to me is more than possible ,,,,and son/grand kid if tht is true you can bet this post has been delted or hidden lmao

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

No, lets put it this way: For revealing SOME stuff I would like to get paid and not waste the information on a forum with the attention-span of a 6 year old. What would happen? I would post something I know about that relates to a conspiracy. a few days later it would be forgotten. And Id be left with the real-life trouble. Thats not worth it.

ok my friend if you feel you have something of impotance to share go to a net cafe out of town make a new account with "fake" details and post it you will be at least 100% more anonymous then

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join