It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever afraid to post your thoughts on here?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I just saw on CNN, FBI has a site that gets 100 calls a day, from border agents, police, and other government agencies. 65 of them are found to be on the 300,000 person watch list, this list has 165,000 Americans on it.

I think you got the #'s wrong, it say 300,000 and then says about 5% are u.s citizens.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
doesnt matter what you type. all you have to do is speak into aphone badly about the gov and your marked so it dont matter

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
That is what they want. They want all of us to be fearful of their power. We must stand up and speak our minds and stand strong together. They want us to bury our heads in the sand and let them do what they want.

Don't get me started.

I agree completely and I fear nothing!

No no let us get "started" and remain so....

It is not called paranoia at this point, it is simply "awareness".

That stated: I do understand the survivalist mentality of those who fear repercussions yet I do not adhere to that policy as it is a slippery slope, stand now while you can.

Some say every word we type is being recorded somewhere and in that case I hope TPTB will at least allow me to review my work before slipping the noose over my head and I hope that I make myself proud upon said review

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopheus

if "they" ever put a noose over your head you should take great comfort in knowing you was right i would and id go with a huge smile on my face

[edit on 25-9-2007 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88
I think you got the #'s wrong, it say 300,000 and then says about 5% are u.s citizens.

The Brain on the war on terror, it is a clip they have on CNN
www.cnn.com...

yup you sure are right, I don't know if I typoed or heard it wrong it is 15,000 Americans which is as you say 5% thank you for the correction, my apologies.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If you were the government and wanted to find out what people thought about things that you were trying to keep a secret, but you knew that it would be impossible to do so, what would you do?

Here is exactly what I would do.
1. I would create a website about conspiracy theories and allow people to voice their opinions on these so called conspiracies.
2. I would then be able to form a strategy based on the popular opinion of the site and push my disinformation, attacking such conspiracies as just that, a conspiracy.
3. At the same time, I would track the individuals for a later date in case I needed to use it against them in a court of the law showing that the person was showing rebellious thoughts way back- see I can show you kind of thing.
4. This would also allow me to find leaks in the system so to speak by having large groups of people do searches for me to find information that may pose a risk to my ultimate agenda. I would crush it by disinfo and turn it into a debate which cannot be proven. Even if it is proven, I would deny it.

However because my ultimate goal is a New World Order, I am merely creating many of the conspiracies(ufo,aliens etc..) simply to misdirect the real issues at hand. And any real issues, that will be brought up, will quickly be divided and crushed to be just conspiracy.
Because I know a kingdom divided cannot stand. and therefore I will have the power to do whatever I want.

I mean that is just what I would do. The govt would never think of that though i bet.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by sir_chan]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I don't feel that way. This is a conspiracy site on the internet. I doubt very much that the govgoons take anything posted on here very seriously.

remember when the lady posted the topic i just got back from a fema internment camp something liek that and had the story about bringing supplies to the people then not too long after that a man from fema registered and offered a rebuttal to it...yeah there watching they espescially watch here they know anywhere where terrorists could talk to alleged or even supposed sympathysers they will watch im not saying anyone here is a sympathyser but try to convince the government of that

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
reply to post by Sinfull

I gather that you need multiple key words in one letter or post or whatever it is.Also if they see certain key words coming up over and over they will take a quick look.

I dare someone to post multiple key words in the same post and then make that post multiple times in different forums. Then report back

some good key words to start with: derka derka mahumed alah jebus bomb The big W

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thoughts are dangerous, I have decided to be more spontaneous, and think less.

The think less part will not be difficult.

I shall stop thinking before I speak, or post.

I refuse to correct my spelling, because that's no fun.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahdiblah
I dare someone to post multiple key words in the same post and then make that post multiple times in different forums. Then report back

To do something like this just to test something that has already been confirmed is really not needed. However, I use many key words in many post, some of those post are the relaying of events that occcur when a person is red flagged, a form of what you call 'reporting back'.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

Originally posted by blahdiblah

post multiple key words in the same post

I am willing to do this, but I don't know what it is I am doing.

What do you mean can you give me an example?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My post is not advocating this, but I did say I discuss what 'I think might' or from my perspective, 'what does' happen when someones count goes to high.

I was making the argument simple testing is not needed and therefore should not be done.

Edit
I just got it you were joking. LOL sorry a bit slow I missed your intent

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

We are born with the first primal instinct to be heard. will we all die someday not being able to speak our minds anymore. What is happening to the world?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiLiRhone
reply to post by Xeven

We are born with the first primal instinct to be heard. will we all die someday not being able to speak our minds anymore. What is happening to the world?

Exactly, the dead do not speak, except on TAPS.

But thoughts are free.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Exactly, the dead do not speak, except on TAPS.

Or when using carefully crafted messages through other host sources....

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
To quote from history: Give me liberty or give me death.

I will speak out, as loudly and as often as I am able. If they storm-troop my house, so be it. If they otherwise hassle, harass, intrude, whatever, so be it.

If we live in fear they have won.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hm.

Well being married to the military (LOL), I am very mindful of OPSEC.
But in regards to things having nothing to do with OPSEC, im not afraid. I probably am not very controversal anyways. LOL And I would fear what others on here say to me in regards to my opinions, then what the Govt who may scan the boards would think.

I mean, if I were to post "I love President Bush" I would probably be bent over and whipped, here. LOL However, if I post "I hate Hitlary", well that might happen to. But I wouldnt fear some super secret govt agent knocking on my door.

I would love to land a Fed job probably doing things that most here hate about our Govt. LOL Soooo, am I afraid? No. LOL

[edit on 1-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm no rebel, nor a danger to anyone, I hope & pray. The only creatures that fear me are squirrels. And believe me, they shudder in their nests at night.

Now to the real issue at hand. Someone started a thread here a few months prior. The brave Member dared ask the question, it went something to the effect, "If you were a terrorist, what would you do to harm..."

Myself, having survived 2 major wars, several diplomatic indiscretions, (& a number of other events where I stared into the cold grayish face of death more times than I want to remember, as well as having been to 29 countries, 5 continents, many of those more than twice, & some of them without the aid of a green or blue passport). Then what is left of my poor burned out brain began to sputter, seemingly giving the near appearance of synaptic firing. I actually began to "think."

I quickly gave the posting my response in a short but concise paragraph... & waited. There were several good responses, as well as one from a Moderator. ...Well all was looking good, I thought. However, I must admit that before I pressed the Post Reply key, I did have some rather very heavy questions, misgivings & reservations.

The following day I went to check the posting & to my deepest horror & shock...the entire lot, question & discussions were..................... gone.

Vanished. No explanation. Nothing.

I suddenly felt as if I had been an unwitting accomplice in some Conspiratorial Sting Operation.

To answer the question that began this thread...I'm sorry but I simply don't recall what it was. Sorry. Best of luck to you boys.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It's been 2 days since I posted the above statement. Have I effectively silenced a world of thinkers? I do not wish to go down into the annuls of history as an official thread stopper.

I do ponder over the thoughts of George Orwell at times. Then I really marvel at the thoughts of Winston Churchill when he spoke the words about "...nothing to fear but fear itself."

The world has upturned itself since the days of Churchill. The Internet was unthought of even in his later days. The human mind was the essential element of power 60 years ago. The consortium of human thinking was the real power base in those days.

We as human beings have been surpassed by the likes of Cray Computers & their offspring. We have created them & given away our souls to some extra-spherical conscience that can police our thoughts, past, present & future. Mankind feared the darkness for thousands upon eons of years. Shall we become to fear light itself? I honestly wonder what mankind is destined to become.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have noticed some of the best post are what stop a thread, people start to think, then say, hmm, can't add anymore to that.

The reason I would guess it was pulled is T&S it probably was discussing illegal acts, I never saw the thread but I can imagine people listed acts of violence.

On a side note that is how censorship starts, what if criticizing a leader became a thing causing economic hardship to a site, would it be censored?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join