It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Heheh thanks for getting us back on topic

I'm wondering if ATS is going Web 2.0, does that mean we no longer have to constantly click on the "Recent Posts" button to refresh the list? Will it update automatically? Does it also mean that chat will be integrated into a sidebar thingy like on some TV channels?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yes, a lot of cool things are available with AJAX. Have a look at www.prisjakt.se... for example. You wont understand the language, but type something in the search box in the upper right corner, like "nintendo" and watch the page update for every letter you type. Its way cool.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
While some aspects of Ajax are in ATS's short-term and long-term future... your revolution on November 5th has nothing to do with Ajax technologies.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The 5thnovember page changed again. It now has a red fist with the label "our evolution" under.

Hmmm, "your revolution," "our evolution"...

Is ATS getting it's own interactive broadcast channel or network? Perhaps ATS mobile will evolve fully? That's the only way I can think of to get to the maximum number of individuals.

A user generated broadcast channel. I mean even ATS Mix is looking for content-writers. A fully user-generated content ecosystem that covers the entire spectra, from internet to mobile to broadcast. Maybe.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well, if we look here, we see that this has been in the works now for at least 2.5 years, if not longer. I'm guessing more like 5 years, to be totally honest. It's looking to be one great Christmas this year!!!

Time for the Great Assimilation!!
TheBorg

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ah ok...the OLPC. It has all the features of a modern computer without the price and is said it could cause a education revolution around the world. Also, it could be used in the movement of information in regions where information is given out by the government in "approved stories." It could even be used by guerillas to coordinate themselves against oppresive or unwanted governments.

Linux article about OLPC
"The PC could become an important contribution in democratizing other parts of the world because of its ability to open a new world of books and the Internet to kids in the developing nations, he said. They will get a chance to see the world in a new way that allows them access to information that they probably never could have gotten elsewhere, Soelberg said."

The OLPC uses nothing but open source software (runs on a Linux based OS)and can be easily hacked in the exploration sense and reset with a push of a button. Nice! If the OLPC becomes successfull it could make computer manufacturers switch to a very durable and minimal computer designs. It will be mobile phone enabled and have WiFi mesh networking instead of a proprietary cellular network, so no child in a underdeveloped will have to wait for its government to plant telephone lines for internet service or have to pay for ISP service. It has a wind up handle for recharging so you wont need to be stuck to a power outlet at any time to use it.

I still dont understand what this has to do with ATS. Does it have anything to do with ATS specifically? Or is it just a general thing that envoles the world itself?

[edit on 30/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil

I still dont understand what this has to do with ATS. Does it have anything to do with ATS specifically? Or is it just a general thing that envoles the world itself?

I don't get it either. Where did you pull the One Laptop Per Child thing from?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

OLPC

Ive seen some news about it but I dont watch TV that much anymore becuase of Iraq.. >:| ..but the OLPC is very interesting. I totally missed those pics in the video. If you go to youtube there are a lot of videos about the OLPC.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Your Revolution...

Our Evolution....

Something added to the link....

[edit on 2007/9/30 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
OLPC has NOTHING to do with the 5th of November or AboveTopSecret.com/The Above Network, LLC.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
OLPC has NOTHING to do with the 5th of November or AboveTopSecret.com/The Above Network, LLC.

At least... not directly.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Okay. So I stumbled across this thread from a link in the Games forum. I started trying to figure it out. What is the relevance of all the pictures on the link? What is the significance of November 5th?

I think I found it.

All the pictures symbolized major changes in technology and the world.

So, what major change is coming on the fifth of November?

What about this one?

Google to announce new set of APIs on November 5 that will allow developers to leverage Googles social graph data.

And Google is also considering allowing third parties to join the party at the other end of the platform - meaning other social networks (think Bebo, Friendster, Twitter, Digg and thousands of others) to give access to their user data to developers through those same APIs.

And that is a potentially killer strategy. Facebook has a platform to allow third parties to build applications on Facebook itself. But what Google may be planning is significantly more open - allowing third parties to both push and pull data, into and out of Google and non-Google applications.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by keymaster

Yup, I found that too. Guess where I found it?

Under the title Google to "out open" facebook on November 5

“Remember, remember the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason and plot!” Hard to tell at this point whether this means that on the day itself someone will ...
www.techcrunch.com/2007/09/21/google-to-out-open-facebook-on-november-5/ - 156k -

The link at techcrunch won't open properly for me, but google --Google to "out open" facebook on November 5 -- brings up enough articles to give you the idea.

Google is about to unleash a monster of an online application that will allow parties to both push and pull data, into and out of Google and non-Google applications. Its facebook on steroids. Its Guy Fawkes rebellion for freedom on steroids. Its --- Digital Dynamite!

And since you already have "your mask", that probably means that your ATS profile will be incorporated with the new global google app. Its a revolution giving you, ATS, and everyone on earth the ability to interact. Finally, a voice! Your Voice.

And it appears ATS stands on the cutting egde, already primed.

They’ll start with Orkut and iGoogle (Google’s personalized home page), and expand from there to include Gmail, Google Talk and other Google services over time.

On November 5 we’ll likely see third party iGoogle gadgets that leverage Orkut’s social graph information - the most basic implementation of what Google is planning. From there we may see a lot more - such as the ability to pull Orkut data outside of Google and into third party applications via the APIs. And Google is also considering allowing third parties to join the party at the other end of the platform - meaning other social networks (think Bebo, Friendster, Twitter, Digg and thousands of others) to give access to their user data to developers through those same APIs.

Just a guess

[edit on 10/1/07 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Any chance of putting that in layman's terminology, not all of us are as technically gifted or aware.

What practical benefits and applications will there be?

Apologies for being such an ignaramus!

Edit. Further proof of my ignorance. Spelling edit!

[edit on 1-10-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I’ve been away this weekend, man how this thread has taken off.

So Many guesses, All we need now are some more clues, Gee, I wonder

Where the amigos are? I really hope more clues come soon, November 5th is just over a month away…. Oh the Excitement….

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Imagine all the people,

sharing all the world

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Bolds in post

IMAGINE

or

I M A genius

If you add two more letters and do one flip.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's nothing to do with Google...

I personally fear the "open trading of personal data" the way Facebook, et-al, plan to do it and would never allow ANY ATS data (not that we have any personal data on anyone anyway) to get pushed or pulled.

If Facebook and Google aren't VERY judicious with their plans execution they could face a huge backlash. Somehow the selling/trading of people's personal data just offends me.

I hope their plans include transparent disclosure of what will be pushed and pulled and the total control, at the user level, over what is and is not included.

In any case, this is not the "Revolution" we are referring to. GREAT research though!

Springer...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

In any case, this is not the "Revolution" we are referring to. GREAT research though!

Springer...

I'm sorry, I'm a wee bit slow lately, what with daylight savings kicking in and the general fatigue and malaise of everyday living, but I was just wondering what exactly is the revolution you are referring too, or is this a case of playing with mirrors and smoke and never giving a straight answer?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

You found a source of free energy and are going to release the schematics to the masses!!!!!

Now that would be power to the people.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join