It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St.George cop is fired!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Glad to hear it. I think this is proof positive we are not headed toward a police state after all.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Glad to hear it. I think this is proof positive we are not headed toward a police state after all.

Not quite, but it's proof positive that we don't have to sit here and accept it with open arms. It's proof that there's a reason to fight for what's right. Proof that taking action against the machine doesn't have to be an exercise in futility.

Unit

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ahh man that blows .im all for bullying cops and martial law.JUST KIDDING-ROCK ON FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The good men may do separately is small compared with what they may do collectively.

Benjamin Franklin

Big Brother has his cameras everywhere so should we. Police might be a little more honest and polite knowing that a camera could be watching them do their job.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye_Of_Truth
Big Brother has his cameras everywhere so should we. Police might be a little more honest and polite knowing that a camera could be watching them do their job.

An "Eye of Truth" of sorts. Never leave home without a few now.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
woo!

internet: 1
cops: 34589895089234985405

He'll end up with a job in law enforcement in another town, maybe with the 'ole chip on his shoulder' to boot.

internet: 0
cops: 34589895089234985406

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

I am the HAPPIEST poster on this entire site right now. I am SOOOO anti-facism anti-oppression and this video made me want to cry. We all need to fight back with some oversight and HOLD THESE OPPRESSERS to their actions by MONITORING AND HOLDING THEM ACCOUNTABLE. I am installing a secure source camera/mic on my car ASAP!

Another issue we need to continue to address until Justice is brought is for the man that stood up for his people and his country to ask a question, a question with serious implications to John Kerry and was OPPRESSED WITH TASERS! for excercising his First Amendment Rights when he was ASKED to ASK a question. I AM SO GLAD KERRY DIDNT WIN THE ELECTION! I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER SAY A GOOD THING ABOUT HIM OR EVER VOTE FOR HIM EVER!!!!!!! HE SHOULD HAVE COMMANDED THOSE POLICE TO STOP AND HAD THEM ALL ARRESTED AND TAKEN OUT OF THERE WITH PISS ON THEM FROM BEING SHOCKED 10000 TIMES!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Congrats! You have all been duped and distracted.

Now allow me to explain......

First off this St George cop was obviously a problem and he did deserve to be fired. However, St. George was not the only problem. This cop being fired is nothing more than an attempt to get the eyes of the nation OFF of this area and once that happens it will go right back to business as usual. Remember the roadblocks that started this issue? The first video? To my knowledge they have yet to even begin that investigation as promised. The ONLY reason this particular cop was fired is due to all the main stream media coverage, as well as coverage on the internet. This cop became KNOWN, he could no longer keep a low profile. If he would have been able to lay low for a bit, he would still be a cop in this area and this incident does not begin to scratch the surface of the real issues in this area. It was not JUST the St. George department, it is St. Louis county as well. What really needs to be done is to find how many complaints have been filed, which departments, and IF it was actually investigated. Not every incident is caught on video and not every cop who should be fired has been. We must remember, what we saw on the St. George video was one incident out of how many?. This young man (Darrow was it?) had enough issues with enough police that he eventually put a camera in his car. So how many other officers acted this way? It had to be a fair number for someone to go to the extreme of installing a video camera in your car that uploads to a secure location. His interactions were not with just this one officer which easily brings you to the conclusion that what we all saw on this video is the norm. This is how they go about business in this area. In other words, they are sacrificing this ONE cop to save the MANY.

Just look at all the other threads we have had this week alone...it is not just St. Louis county or the state of Missouri, it is EVERYWHERE.

70 year old women in a wheelchair tazed 10 times to death.
Ohio women tazed 5 times.
The kid who was at the Kerry event in Florida
The old women slammed to the pavement in California cause her lawn was brown.

and the list goes on and on. Those are just off the top of my head from this week alone and it is great this clown cop got fired, but it is just the start. DO NOT BE PLEASED BECAUSE YOU GOT ONE BAD APPLE OUT OF THE BARREL. There are still many many more near the bottom. We must finish the job.
with all due respect you live in south carolina and i live here in st louis your of course entitled to form your own opinion but county police tend to be a semi decent bunch of cops not hard arses like small municipalities looking to make quota to keep their dept alive.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

woo!

internet: 1
cops: 34589895089234985405

He'll end up with a job in law enforcement in another town, maybe with the 'ole chip on his shoulder' to boot.

internet: 0
cops: 34589895089234985406
that wont happen and this is the reason the saint george chief of police is being fired because he was a arnold cop at the time before making chief and solicited a 13yr old girl for sex and was caught and diciplined by arnold but some how slipped under the radar for saint george and made chief now he is up for being fired and the WHOLE saint george dept dissolved to me that is action not a disversionary tactic

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
AWESOME guys this rocks it is proof that we can make a difference.

Please see view my thread about the town councilman form Indiana and call the numbers in that thread as well LETS TAKE OUR FREEDOMS BACK!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

I'm working on a product that the average consumer with little technical know-how can implement in their own vehicle for monitoring of police activity during a stop. However I expect development time to be about a year.

If you need any software writen for it let me know.
Should be able to get it under a year. make a onsite one first, then work on the offsite as an upgrade.

Cheapest laptop. 1 mic 2 cameras, you got it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i think being fired for assault is probably getting off too easy still...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.kmov.com...
he is a link on the firing and the saint george police chief got off without and repercussions people need to ring st.george and demand he too be fired! In 2000, while working for the Arnold Police Department, the chief was accused of making sexual advances to a 17-year-old girl during a traffic stop.

A state board ruled he was unfit to serve as a police officer.

But Thursday night, the chief won support from the St. George board.

The board also voted to suspend hiring until new background check procedures are put into place.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by zeroeffect]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is great news. And destraction move or not this just proves that citizens can create change if we're as vigilant as WE NEED TO BE. People are really apathetic these days because they feel like nothing can be accomplished. This may be small but it proves that when people are UNITED, we force change. Hopefully this will just be the tip of the iceberg, you know?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have a digital camcorder that cost less than $100. It works great for lots of things and it can be downloaded to a computer in a matter of seconds. Although I did not purchase it for this type of situation I take it with me everywhere. I don't think that there is anything wrong with recording a situation like a traffic stop. I am a law abiding citizen but what has been shown is that not all police are. I don't see any problem in protecting yourself from "Bad Cops". I also Suggest purchaseing a Digital Voice Recorder that can be stashed under your seat in case the Camera is taken.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey, this is great! We've built up some momentum and hopefully things keep chugging along! I'm very pleased, but its not over yet...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

i think being fired for assault is probably getting off too easy still...
i dont know if it lists in the link i posted but the prosecuting attourney is deciding whether to press formal charges against the officer that was fired

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
here is a more indepth link to the officers firing www.myfoxstl.com...;jsessionid=0855DE04310C4F9A9FDC2A684A7B0B1B?contentId=4425068&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&p ageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
he officer states that "Kuehnlein's attorney, Travis Noble, says he will likely appeal the decision because he worries aldermen made up their minds before the internal investigation was even complete.

"I think based on statements I heard on the news, they kind of jumped to conclusions that the sergeant was in the wrong," Noble says. also states that Darrow filed a formal complaint with the department, and is waiting on the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office to decide if they will file criminal charges against Kuehnlein.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is a amazing find! I will invest in such a "Personal Vehicle System" PVS which captures angles of the car and driver. Wouldn't that crush this brutality we all encountered at least once?

Of course its the only ones who are bad or had a "bad day" which they would be the first to remove in the corruption to say the least.

Final thought, a recording device in the vehicle is not wise alone. If they find out you will probably die and the car torched so you need a up link to a provider or better yet a security company that doesn't bow to the law, being privacy act stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect
Well, Zero, I hope you are correct. I hope he turns to a new line of work as I feel that maybe he isn't of the type of personality needed to do the job of law enforcement.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join