It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St.George cop is fired!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
i live in st,louis and the st.george cop that was taped harrassing and threatening that man was just announced fired from the dept by alderman in st.george and also under investigation is the st.george police chief who's fate is also being decided tonite also the whole saint george dept is being decided it might be dissolved and given to saint louis county police. if anyone has any questions i would be happy to answer them and there is justice afterall

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I believe this is in part due to all the people that posted the city councel phone numbers all over the internet.

This shows that Youtube, and people who act do have power to change their society.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
it's a brave new world when we see something like this it gives meaning to the saying for the people by the people

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
OP is there anyway you can provide the video of the incident so more poeple know what your talking about?

I think everyone should flag this and get it on the front page,it's important and shows we can make a difference.

I say from now on when we see any abusive cop tapes we post the phone number to that department along with the video.We can really start making a difference I think.Cops wil know it is not ok to do this crap because we are watching,and we will make a big damm fuss.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I could not agree more, people are finally starting to take a firm stand against the ones that are supposedly here to protect us! I think a great big pat on the back is well deserved for all ATS'ers, Youtubers, etc. that helped make this happen!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
this is good news for the citizens of that city,i hope more house cleaning happens in various parts of the U.S.

it's ironic to see the same sytem they use to keep tab's on everyone is being used to filter out the bad seed's as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If everyone were able to record the tape whenever the cop approached and stopped them....

I recommend everyone to leave the videocamera inside of car and turn it on if cop stops you, then

[edit on 21-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo
OP is there anyway you can provide the video of the incident so more poeple know what your talking about?

I am not OP but here is other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and video

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Some more details would be good on this case, perhaps a link if you have one. Sadly, I completely believe your story; in fact, I have 4 similar ones I already opened from ATS that have videos that I'm going to look at, and maybe comment on after.

I have probably seen at least a dozen threads on police abuse this week. It really makes me wonder if I've just been lucky or what. I've met a few cops, and I've never had any trouble with them. Most of them were good, decent, likeable people, and I've never had my rights violated by one.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Silo

I think everyone should flag this and get it on the front page,it's important and shows we can make a difference.

I say from now on when we see any abusive cop tapes we post the phone number to that department along with the video.We can really start making a difference I think.Cops wil know it is not ok to do this crap because we are watching,and we will make a big damm fuss.
yes i will post links as soon as the local news sites update their sites

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Congrats! You have all been duped and distracted.

Now allow me to explain......

First off this St George cop was obviously a problem and he did deserve to be fired. However, St. George was not the only problem. This cop being fired is nothing more than an attempt to get the eyes of the nation OFF of this area and once that happens it will go right back to business as usual. Remember the roadblocks that started this issue? The first video? To my knowledge they have yet to even begin that investigation as promised. The ONLY reason this particular cop was fired is due to all the main stream media coverage, as well as coverage on the internet. This cop became KNOWN, he could no longer keep a low profile. If he would have been able to lay low for a bit, he would still be a cop in this area and this incident does not begin to scratch the surface of the real issues in this area. It was not JUST the St. George department, it is St. Louis county as well. What really needs to be done is to find how many complaints have been filed, which departments, and IF it was actually investigated. Not every incident is caught on video and not every cop who should be fired has been. We must remember, what we saw on the St. George video was one incident out of how many?. This young man (Darrow was it?) had enough issues with enough police that he eventually put a camera in his car. So how many other officers acted this way? It had to be a fair number for someone to go to the extreme of installing a video camera in your car that uploads to a secure location. His interactions were not with just this one officer which easily brings you to the conclusion that what we all saw on this video is the norm. This is how they go about business in this area. In other words, they are sacrificing this ONE cop to save the MANY.

Just look at all the other threads we have had this week alone...it is not just St. Louis county or the state of Missouri, it is EVERYWHERE.

70 year old women in a wheelchair tazed 10 times to death.
Ohio women tazed 5 times.
The kid who was at the Kerry event in Florida
The old women slammed to the pavement in California cause her lawn was brown.

and the list goes on and on. Those are just off the top of my head from this week alone and it is great this clown cop got fired, but it is just the start. DO NOT BE PLEASED BECAUSE YOU GOT ONE BAD APPLE OUT OF THE BARREL. There are still many many more near the bottom. We must finish the job.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think most cops want to do the right thing.

But there are several bad apples. And in the
cop/military world, what happens in secret,
stays in secret.

It's called the buddy system. Instilled from the first
training session. No one wants to rat on their buddy.

In my hometown, they changed the name of the
drug task force from GRAMNET to ACET, for All Crimes Enforcement Team.

Why? Isn't that what cops do anyway? Enforce crime? Why form a special team?

Money, I imagine.

I suggest the US citizens hire and independant drug testing company and pop a surprise drug test on all cops across the country.

That would at least filter out the hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

But I think you miss the greater victory. This wasnt just a distraction move to decieve the world and shift people's eyes away from elsewhere. He was fired and probably the response from many people around the nation were a great influence in what has happened. This is just a baby step, if only more people realised that a simple letter or phone call to the right people, from enough people, could change things greatly. A cop being fired is nothing compared to what could be done in this country with the right response. Most people today lay down and take this kind of BS though. Just as long as the cops dont break their new cell phones or dirty their new $200 shoes then the cops can do anything to them. People's submission to others is where power derives, power has always been in the hands of the common person, no matter how many laws are created by those in office.

Regardless of how many rouge cops get away with what they do, one bad cop knocked down is a huge victory. On to the next one!

I also live in STL, well in Illinois, near enough though. But people will just ask "is that near Chicago?" if i tell them where i live. lol I dont watch to much tv so I didnt get to see anything about it in the news. I had heard of the incident through ATS and now the firing also. Maybe Ill start watching the news agian. See whats going on.

[edit on 21/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Well said sir,well said.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

section8citizen,
I have to respectfully disagre, kinda..
Then again, I have to respectfully agree, also.
I agree that there is a bigger issue than one police officer being fired. But I'm personally very glad he is out of there! I agree we need to remember the bigger picture and stay vigilant, but change is accomplished slowly sometimes, and I'll be glad to start with this one termination (err, job termination, that is) and work for more. I think all the attention from the video of this incident, and others like it will be what helps the situation long-term. That man would still have his job if not for those videos and complaints from citizens like us speaking out. To me, that is very encouraging. I don't mean this dismissal is a fix-all, I hope people don't believe it's a cure! But I like the looks of this possible trend: the public speaking out for the right, in defense of our rights.. I just hope it continues.
thoughtfully,
~anahma

apc

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
The old women slammed to the pavement in California cause her lawn was brown.

A word of advice... limit your supportive references to events based on known fact. The spin in this comment calls into question the veracity of your entire post.

I'm working on a product that the average consumer with little technical know-how can implement in their own vehicle for monitoring of police activity during a stop. However I expect development time to be about a year.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   

DO NOT BE PLEASED BECAUSE YOU GOT ONE BAD APPLE OUT OF THE BARREL.

I will damn well reserve my right to be pleased at this.

Abuse of power has been present since power. Stifling it is what good guys do, endorsing it is what bad guys do.

violent crimes decrease 70% in places where it is legal to carry a gun. someone had to bring the first gun. This is the guy that 'brought the first camera'. No it doesent stop corruption but it sends a mesage and lets people understand that they can be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
woo!

internet: 1
cops: 34589895089234985405

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry for the one line post but here is an article about the cop getting fired.

www.stltoday.com...

It is on the front "page."

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

thanks for telling us---yes i like to see justice as well----in my 60 years i have met a couple of bad cops and heard of others being harassed by bad ones-----its too bad there wasnt a way to scan peoples brains to make sure that only honest people got to be cops or politicians-----or ministers of the "cloth"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join