It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus,Not God's Only Son!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conundrum04
Who is this God you speak of? Can you see him/her/whatever? So how did this God create this universe?

The one true God, and his son Jesus Christ. He is the universe, and yes I can see and feel and hear him, I truely hope you do some day also. It is wonderfull.

"It is full of stars...."

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Offtopic, I love the story of Soddom and Gomorrah anyway.

And Lo! God popped round to Abraham's for tea. And Abraham did say: "Quick woman, God's come around for a cupper and a chat, get the kettle on and bring out the hobnobs!"

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Why wallow in you're own time asking, to which you know are, complicated questions. It lacks a pure sense of knowledge as well as wisdom.

If you can not list the book of which you have quoted your verse from, how am I to study further, in my translation of course?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by mannapolie]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmetalfan1
I would say that Jesus was the only one to work miracles. Others, ie prophets, performed miracles. The difference is that Jesus did miracles on his own because he was God. It was really God doing the miracles when the prophets performed them.

Jesus certainly did not do miracles on his own:

Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Nor is Jesus God's only son:

Luke 3:38: Adam also is.
Job 1:6: Angels also are.
Exodus 4:21-23: Israel also is (the first-born, infact).
1 Chronicles 22:10: Solomon also is.
Psalm 2:7: David also is (another begotten son, infact).

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I don't agree that Adam or the male Angels are true sons of God,they are his creations and his alone!
The children i'm talking about are those that are God's but are also born of a mortal woman!
That is a big difference!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmetalfan1

Jesus never "worked" miracles,he "performed" them.

Moses never "performed" miracles,God "worked" through him.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

He also contridicts those that claim to be sons of Abraham showing they are acting like sons of the devil.

39They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father " Jesus said to them, "If you are Abraham's children, do the deeds of Abraham.

Read what you have said carefully....
Do you see it?

You say "sons",the quote says "children."
Jesus is not talking about Isaac and Ishmael,Abraham's only sons,he is talking about Abraham's brethren!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
David also is (another begotten son, infact).
7"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD:
He said to Me, 'You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

I personally see the use of Son of God for Jesus as different, for he was around in the begining, we are adopted in, or through him become sons of God, since he is a part of us and in us in spirit.

14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
15For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

This is just like what he said to daniel, as his spirit entered him he became a son of God.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Agreed, that what I intended to mean. I was not saying he was talking about actually sons, but decendants.

I guess I assumed people would know I was not saying he was literally talking to the sons of Abraham since the timeline does not match.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Offtopic, I love the story of Soddom and Gomorrah anyway.

And Lo! God popped round to Abraham's for tea. And Abraham did say: "Quick woman, God's come around for a cupper and a chat, get the kettle on and bring out the hobnobs!"

Here please listen.. this is the true story to Soddom and Gomorrah!!

Oh btw--- I am a son of God too... We are all part of God...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Always good to have someone who can make you laugh at matters that can get too serious!!

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Not my cup of tea, I have different views then this person.

I do know God loves us all. I have heard the Sons comment before and it really is almost syntax question to me since it is used in so many different context.
So I can say we are all sons of God, but I believe that is through Christ the son of God. But as you know it is not for me to decide, and I am only expressing my interpretation.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Its all good
I just hope that the path that you take leads you to happiness and above all, the understanding of love.. From what I have heard we all have our own views. But they lead us to the same place.
So peace to you my friend, if Jesus helps you see what I see, then we may not be as different as you might think..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Why is that the only part of the "true" story people ever actually teach or know about!??!

How about the bit where Lot offers his 2 daughters to the mob to be ganged rape!!

Or before the angels even get there,were you find that "homosexuality" is not the only crime.The others being,blasphemy,bloodletting,intolerance of beggars and strangers,believing "whats mine is mine and whats yours is yours"

Ezekiel 16:49-50

Now this was the sin of Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

Jude 1:7

Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Interpretations of this passage vary. It may be that "going after strange flesh" is a euphemism for homosexuality, or, it may refer to sex with strangers, sex outside of wedlock, or possibly something akin to bestiality, as the men of Sodom were seeking copulation with angels rather than humans.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Oh,right.Sorry then

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

The main point is that being "gay" was never talked about by Jesus, or that it was an evil act.. Alot of holy people still are dead set on saying gay people are vile and evil, and will burn in hell forever!! Thats just nonesene.

Its the rape that was the problem.. And sadly still is today.

If you like I can get some more information for you.. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.. But I am only a man, and many answers I simply do not have.. But we talk in the grove about these things and how they affect our lives..

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yes,its a shame people still use holy scriptures in a manner that would offend the very God they claim to worship and follow!

You can share anything you want with me mate,i love to learn new things

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi, I recently started a thread on this subject, with nearly the exact thread name infact. As a result of that discussion, some members of ATS provided me with some great links and suggested learning material on the subject.

Here was my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really think this is an interesting subject. The Bible mentions other "Sons of God" other than Jesus. Pretty intrigue-ing if you ask me. So to the OP, you may want to check out some of the feedback on this subject offered in the thread I started...Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

I wasn't aware of your thread,but i will take a look.thank you for the link

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
I don't agree that Adam or the male Angels are true sons of God,they are his creations and his alone!
The children i'm talking about are those that are God's but are also born of a mortal woman!
That is a big difference!

I find your concept of a child of God somewhat disturbing (as well as your assumption of the male gender of God). That means that God miraculously put his 'seed' into the mother's womb, resulting in a child that would be part mother (genetically), and part God. That's a little more anthromorphising than I'm comfortable with.

Out of curiousity, what would, according to you, be the difference between a 'child of God' and a (human) creation of God? Adam had no human parents. Is God his mother and father? Eve was made from Adam's rib. Is Adam her father, and God her mother? See the can of worms you open when you assign a sex to God
?

BTW, I don't think your parallel with Abraham and Sarah applies. God made a covenant with Abraham and his seed. Isaac was a participant in this covenant, so he'd have to be part of Abraham's seed.

To Redge: I'm no bible researcher, but I'd be curious to know if the original greek words referring to these 'Sons of God" are the same. All I can find is pias and piada. It'll probably turn up inconclusive anyhow, because Jesus didn't speak greek, and we probably have no way of knowing the hebrew/aramiac word he used (or was used originally for the OT references).

[edit on 20-9-2007 by babloyi]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join