It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus,Not God's Only Son!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I find your concept of a child of God somewhat disturbing (as well as your assumption of the male gender of God). That means that God miraculously put his 'seed' into the mother's womb, resulting in a child that would be part mother (genetically), and part God. That's a little more anthromorphising than I'm comfortable with.

Er,thats exactly what happened with Jesus!
Except the word(s) wasn't God,it was the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:18.

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Matthew 1:20.20

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Isn't the Holy Ghost also God,just as Jesus is also God?

I guess you would be less disturbed if the quotes i mentioned used Holy Ghost/Spirit,but it wouldn't make any difference,its still God!

I see God as both male and female.For me,all life is duality,so you cannot have one without the other.Its just quicker for me to type he than he/she.Silly,but true

Out of curiousity, what would, according to you, be the difference between a 'child of God' and a (human) creation of God? Adam had no human parents. Is God his mother and father? Eve was made from Adam's rib. Is Adam her father, and God her mother? See the can of worms you open when you assign a sex to God

Well,the kind of "child of god" i'm talking about,is one where God has had a child with a mortal woman through intimate relations.Hence the words..."" And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. 2 and Sarah conceived..."" and...""And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived...""

What makes someone a mother and father is the sperm and the egg.This was not used for Adam,Eve or,as far was we know,with Angels.
We know people can become parents to children without having a blood link.Thats not the kind i'm talking about here,but you can say that is what God became to his/her creations

BTW, I don't think your parallel with Abraham and Sarah applies. God made a covenant with Abraham and his seed. Isaac was a participant in this covenant, so he'd have to be part of Abraham's seed.

God could make Abraham swear such a vow because God knew that he would visit Sara and conceive a child!

To Redge: I'm no bible researcher, but I'd be curious to know if the original greek words referring to these 'Sons of God" are the same. All I can find is pias and piada. It'll probably turn up inconclusive anyhow, because Jesus didn't speak greek, and we probably have no way of knowing the hebrew/aramiac word he used (or was used originally for the OT references).

Hope you don't mind me replying to this too.
Jesus probably did know latin.Don't forget,not only did he live in the Roman Empire,he also traveled a lot.So he was probably multilingual like many others,knowing latin/hebrew/arabic/egyption...etc.

The only latin word i could find similar to the ones you mentioned is pia pium,meaning honest, godly, holy, pious, dutiful, patriotic.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are many Jesus' around but all him and is one but also one is the lord of lords, Revelations tell us that Jesus the lamb gives the seal to another Jesus like him like some type circuit connection of heaven if you must that opens his accomplishment on earth.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This wishful thinking to guise oneself as the Son of God in order to skate into heaven won't work. I'm sorry if that comes as hard news or disappointing. If you're going to accept any part of the Bible, you must accept all of it including:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I'm sure everyone here has this memorized by now. Ever question as to why?

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

So you can try to go to the Father through yourself, but you've been told otherwise so there's no excuse for not knowing when denied entrance.

Mining for 'contra-scripture' because these two above are not clearly understood isn't going to help 'win the case'. Again, my apologies.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
This wishful thinking to guise oneself as the Son of God in order to skate into heaven won't work. I'm sorry if that comes as hard news or disappointing. If you're going to accept any part of the Bible, you must accept all of it including:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

I'm sure everyone here has this memorized by now. Ever question as to why?

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

So you can try to go to the Father through yourself, but you've been told otherwise so there's no excuse for not knowing when denied entrance.
[edit on 20-9-2007 by saint4God]

The issue with this is that the Bible isn't a reliable source. We have no way of knowing if those quotes are real or if they were added to increase the power structure of the elites in charge of religion. If there is no path but Christ then the Christian elites make more money. This very teaching runs contradictory to much of the bible in itself and does not even sound like something Jesus would say quite frankly.

I am much more inclined to believe information learned from going inside through meditation, a tangible experience, than I am to believe an unreliable book.

Furthermore, this thread is a great example of the many contradictions contained within the bible. This magnifies the very reason why the Christain faith cannot be trusted, for the simple reason that Christians can not even agree on what the bible and its contents even means.

Sorry, but Tangible spiritual experience far outweighs reading an unreliable book.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Don't really understand your post.I'm not trying to get into heaven and i'm not trying to win any case.
I'm showing people that,amongst the many mis-translations and contradictions,God had intimate relations with at least 3 women! Mary,Sara and Hannah!

Does that disprove Jesus' divinity? No!
It shows that God put it about more than the church liked to admit,either that or they had no idea what the Hebrew faith is really about!!

We also know that the many writers of the bible had their own agendas and told deliberate lies!

For example,

Matthew 1:20-23.

""21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.""

So,who is the child that is born of Mary...Jesus? or Emmanuel?
Are they one and the same? Are they twins?
Why does this name,a name of the Saviour,never appear again in any Holy Scripture as a connection to him?
Is there a more "sinister" reason??

[edit on 20-9-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Same applies to you and everyone else tho.. we all have been told.

John 14.6 is a tricky one.. seems like it means what it says straightforwardly but nothing is as it seems, I dont know what to make of it yet other than the obvious.

Maybe he means noone can get to be like him without knowing love and faith? Love is the life the truth and the way.. according to the FACTS... to being like Jesus and 'ONE with the father'. He did say we can do the works he does if only we had the faith.. and that we could even do greater works than he.

Jesus represents love? he is Venus, often ascociated with love.. and Jesus was the ultimate feminist, and feminine by nature.. as if he had balanced both male and female polaritys.

He knew compassion, something those stoners knew nothing of... they took the man and ridiculed him and ignored the teachings, mainly because they were too simple to understand and Jesus didnt exactly make it easy for them talking like he did and also in parables that sound simple to us now but then were probably like brain twisters on a 4 year old.

Nearby chapters of John make lots of sense...

Jesus wasnt the only son of God.. apart from th OP post of other cultures, Jesus never said he was the only son of God, or GOD himself... people said that!? twisting the teachings into man worship so they can give it to those who want to wait to be saved instead of learning and evolving and saving themselves..

Jesus only said >

If that isnt simple enough heres my extended personal mode of that.

10.33. Jews are saying we are stoning you because you basically say (To our perception of the lingo) that you are ''God''.. (our egos cannot take this pressure so we want to hurt you because ''we dont understand'' -- head throb.. we feel stupid!? aaarrrgghhh) we dont stone you for what you do.

10.34. Jesus says but I told you before in your law? YOU ARE ALSO gODs... (little gs like me) not just me.. (and you are children of the most high God- psalms 82.6) I dont make myself any more special than you!? its YOUR egos!?

10.36-38. So how can you say I blasphemy if I say I am the son of God? (for we all are sons of God) If I dont do the works then fine....... dont believe me, but if I do the works then you still dont have to believe me when I say I am the son of God, but you can still believe the works!?.... and you will then know that 'I and the father are one'... I am 'in' the father and he is 'in' me..

Basically

The ALL is The ALL... I am in The All and All is in me....... the father is The All... we are all ONE in The All.. we are all connected... we are all GOD... the LIVING GOD.. (quantum physics will back it up) The All is the only real God we can prove is REAL! cause we are here.. stuff is there... God is The All, all is made up of things and no-things, seen and unseen.. the conciousness I AM factor, from the soul, (Gods splinter spark) is that which is GOD in beings.. the AWARENESS of The All.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

I find it interesting that most Christians don't know what Messiah truly means.Of course they know it means "anointed one" but they don't know (or ignore) that a Messiah can be one of 3 things.A King.A Priest.A Prophet.It does not mean you are the Son of God.

The Hebrews were waiting for a King to free them from Roman rule,they wanted a warrior not a man of peace.And not a man who claimed to be divine,as the later Christians would have you believe Jesus was.

Simon Magus was seen by many as being a Messiah.The Christian faith demonized him and his beliefs.

Its also important to remember that Jesus,no matter what Christians say,never claimed to be the Messiah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join