It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
(sarcasm) This is not a real story!, now point to the Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan news!(sarcasm ended)

back to the real story, this is very interesting. Did NASA detect this entering our atmosphere? If not then can it be possible that we get struck with more of these without the knowing?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo
I found a very interesting video of a meator like object in brizil. I wonder if it has a connection?
video.google.com...

Wow! Maybe you should start a new thread about this? I've never known of a meteorite to change direction like that or travel so slow

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Project_Exo
I found a very interesting video of a meator like object in brizil. I wonder if it has a connection?
video.google.com...

Wow! Maybe you should start a new thread about this? I've never known of a meteorite to change direction like that or travel so slow

sure is a weird meteor & i also think this video needs some explaining.
or is this actual video of the apparent meteor impact in peru

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the animator

They could probably come up with a psychological test based on what you think made people sick. I think part of it comes from where you get most of your information. If it comes from science fiction movies, it would have to be either radiation or an alien organism.

I grew up in an area where they used to mine coal. Where there was water running along the ground, it tended to be orange in color, to smell bad and to make people sick, so my bias is toward a non-radioactive non-biological chemical. I notice the article doesn't mention anyone dying from this, just getting sick.

There are lots of elements that will either make you sick or kill you. There are even more compounds, some of which might be formed from elements in the meteor, elements in the earth and water. There was an article about a village in Africa, a while back, where everyone died because of toxic gases coming up from a crack in the earth near a volcano. I don't recall reading anything about what kind of toxic gas it was.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Wow! That certainly deserves a thread of its own. Project_Exo, kindly do so at your earliest convenience. So we can have it get the attention it deserves. Dang, that is much better than a number of other hoaxes in recent times.

the only earthly explanation, I can think of is a fireworks display gone bad. .... but cant quite swallow that myself, it seems to have a LOT of the propellant(or whatever the material) if thats what it is.

Meteors would go much faster and definitely not turn like that

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wowest
reply to post by the animator

They could probably come up with a psychological test based on what you think made people sick. I think part of it comes from where you get most of your information. If it comes from science fiction movies, it would have to be either radiation or an alien organism.

I grew up in an area where they used to mine coal. Where there was water running along the ground, it tended to be orange in color, to smell bad and to make people sick, so my bias is toward a non-radioactive non-biological chemical. I notice the article doesn't mention anyone dying from this, just getting sick.

There are lots of elements that will either make you sick or kill you. There are even more compounds, some of which might be formed from elements in the meteor, elements in the earth and water. There was an article about a village in Africa, a while back, where everyone died because of toxic gases coming up from a crack in the earth near a volcano. I don't recall reading anything about what kind of toxic gas it was.

yes i expect you can come up with some guess as i have but it would still be a guess too eh ?.
but i do think its a human object fallen from orbit.
what would your guess be ?.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Comets are dirty snowballs, meteorites are usually metal or rock or some combination. I see a lot of pooled water that doesn't appear to be rising like striking an underground water supply. I see very little rock in comparison with water. Could this not be more of a comet strike. And whatever toxicity it had burned off boiled off rather quickly due to the obvious lack of respirators or protective gear? Just some thoughts.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its impossible for meteors to do U turns, If the Brazil footage and the peru impact timelines will allow the object filmed in Brazil looked like it was controlled with the U turns and slow speed, it could well be a rocket test gone bad, the heat would burn and heat up the flaps causing the turn and an onboard guidence system could force it back on course

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just found this link on msnbc.com: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Very interesting to say the least...Now we just need to see if Clark Kent crawled out of the hole...

in all seriousness, is it possible that the meteor hit a spot in the earth that contained high concentrations of sulfur? I know the chances are slim to none, but just a thought???? Is there volcanic activity in that area anywhere?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Radiation, can't be anything else. Highly radioactive though, that's some very fast radiation development.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Since this site has people from all locations on this planet I think we all need to work together.

We need to keep an eye on all earthquakes, volcanoes and meteors/fireballs and post time, location and so on. We need to see if we can make any connections. We can add ufo sightings with that also.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The water in the crater itself seems to be a result of a high water table in the area. Hopefully the agents that made the people ill arent absorbed into the water table itself. That could spell some real nasty things.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mabey it just alien toilet that they ejected and somehow landed on earth. That explain the water and the weird smell.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This sounds like a classic radiation poisoning but as I stated before symptoms of radiation do not show up so quick unless its a HUGE ammount of radiation . Going further with that assumption of such high ammounts of radiation anybody who was standing there at the crater (video crew , people watching etc) should already show symptoms of radiation poisoning (the easiest way would be to trrack the camera crew and see if they are alright) .

hmm there wasnt 600 people at the crater so if that was indeed radiation poison then it had to get into the water channels and polluted the local water suply (and that would be very nasty) ..

So lets hope this was not radiation but some wierd gasses or mass hysteria.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Planet X, it is sending asteroids from the asteroid belt over here :|

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
This sounds like a classic radiation poisoning but as I stated before symptoms of radiation do not show up so quick unless its a HUGE ammount of radiation . Going further with that assumption of such high ammounts of radiation anybody who was standing there at the crater (video crew , people watching etc) should already show symptoms of radiation poisoning (the easiest way would be to trrack the camera crew and see if they are alright) .

hmm there wasnt 600 people at the crater so if that was indeed radiation poison then it had to get into the water channels and polluted the local water suply (and that would be very nasty) ..

So lets hope this was not radiation but some wierd gasses or mass hysteria.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Thill]

well i dont know who the bbc are talking to but they say around 600 people that visited the crator are ill.
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 18-9-2007 by the animator]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrolimeade
Planet X, it is sending asteroids from the asteroid belt over here :|

Planet X is a chunk of rock. Why call it a planet. It's going to through a few rocks here and there but, meh.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Along side all the other scenarios, there has to be a slim chance that this has not even really happened at all.

Do you guys remember that thread a couple of weeks back asking the question, "Could the war of the worlds hoax be pulled off again now, with modern resources?"

Just a thought, I believe 99.9%r that this meteor strike did really happen but the idea is no wilder than some others posted here.

And as far as the (NWO? or other) bio weapon theory goes, what better way to disguise a dirty bomb (test?) attack than as a meteor.

Lastly don’t some satellites (space junk) occasionally return to earth without warning or planning, I know most land in the sea or desert, but don’t some of those have poisonous nuclear batteries on board?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
What I dont understand is why the information about this came out so late after the event.

According to the articles this happened saturday, yet the articles about this are posted tuesdey.

So, if you have a meteorite crash and people getting sick with no clue why, but apparently connected to the impact, why does it take three days to print a word about this?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

Lastly don’t some satellites (space junk) occasionally return to earth without warning or planning, I know most land in the sea or desert, but don’t some of those have poisonous nuclear batteries on board?

Almost all if not all man made space junk is beeing tracked when entering orbit , and I would bet that all the more dangerous ones (with any kind of hazardous material on board) are tracked for sure .. They dont want such a piece of junk to hit lets say chicago center in the middle of the day

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join