It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just another wild addition to the theories amongst all the others here:

If this was a bio weapon or weird space disease it could be a slow death process and be transferred from person to person like flu or something, people might not start dropping for weeks or months and then it would be too late, except possibly for the elite who have already been immunised against it so as to have the world for their own.

Please don’t ridicule, this is a conspiracy theory forum with the motto 'deny ignorance' after all.

Kind regards xS_Gx

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When I first read this news story... First thing that came to mind was the Andromeda Strain... Parallels began hitting me... Let's hope this does not escape and that quarantine succeeds...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Almost all if not all man made space junk is beeing tracked when entering orbit , and I would bet that all the more dangerous ones (with any kind of hazardous material on board) are tracked for sure .. They dont want such a piece of junk to hit lets say chicago center in the middle of the day

I understand and agree with what you are saying, as it has already been mentioned on this thread, but that still does not mean it is not the case here, there have been cover ups and silences of all kinds over the years.

What about, amongst others, the possibility of a satellite (or similar) being brought down deliberately.

If 'whoever' doesn’t know or doesn’t want to be held responsible then a quick clean up and clam up is the best response.

Also accidents happen, even with the most advanced planning and precaution, no exceptions.

Kindest regards and safe researching xS_Gx

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Let keep guessing. Mabey this is a sign from god for the end of the world. We already have war what next disease? Change your sinful way people!! The End is comming!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I fully agree with that it could have been a deliberate test of some kind . I dont buy the accident theory because even if it went of course they would have known where it lands (even when it goes of course it is still visible on their radars) and you would have lots of military/corporate security/basicly men in black at the place (in case something survived the crash and could be tracked back to them).

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Yes, a little more thought brought me there too, it certainly would not have been a quick clean up, unless they had 600 odd people and a few days before the media got thier hands on the story.

Just another side to it I suppose.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Originally posted by Project_Exo
I found a very interesting video of a meator like object in brizil. I wonder if it has a connection?
video.google.com...

Wow! Maybe you should start a new thread about this? I've never known of a meteorite to change direction like that or travel so slow

Woah! Nice catch! That is definitely worthy of it's own thread! Of all "UFO" vids I've seen, that one is the most convincing. What the bleep is that?

Edit: Oh, there is a thread on that. Here: UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil July 2007 video

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I saw this on the spanish channel. It was in Peru, wasn't it? It showed the puddle of muddy water. I don't think it was a meteorite though, too small of a puddle to be anything serious. Something government made makes since though. If it was planned and deliberate attack on the Peruvian peoples in that region, we must then ask why?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Let's hope it is more of a gas release thing as opposed to biological. Very unusual. I wonder what the proximity of villagers were to the event.

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but you just nonchalantly suggested this may be our first [official] contact with extraterrestrial life.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

An engineer from the Peruvian Nuclear Energy Institute told the AFP news agency no radiation had been detected from the crater and ruled out the fallen object being a satellite.

Renan Ramirez said: "It is a conventional meteorite that, when it struck, produced gases by fusing with elements of the terrain."

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
From Living in Peru

Volcanologist for Peru's Geological, Mining and Metallurgical Institute (INGEMMET), Luisa Macedo, confirmed that a chondrite meteorite had caused the 17 meter (55 foot) wide and 5 meter (16 foot) deep crater when it landed on earth.

Macedo explained that the chondrite was not radioactive and did not have any toxic gases or substances which could be harmful to peoples health. On the other hand, Macedo stated that it had not yet been established if the water supply in the province of Chucuito had been contaminated or not.

I am not sure I understand what the scientists are saying. They claim it was not radioactive and did not have toxic gasses, but if that is the case, then why did so many get sick, and why are they woried about the water supply?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Seems very odd to me more and more u.f.o. sightings keep getting reported and now this. If its not radio activity or toxic fumes then maybe the water was what made people so sick. But if the water was boiling then i think it should have gotten rid of the common bacteria. Also seems odd to me that the water came out of a crator and it must have started to boil while it was on the way towards landing when the crator started heating up in the atmosphere. If this is a new type of disease then they need to find out what all the symptoms are and see if its anything serious. But all these events that are starting to happen doesnt seem like any coincidences to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i remember reading something like this for africa. if i find it i will post it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not that I can say that this vulcanologist is covering things up, however it just seems to me that he is making snap decisions based on his previous experiences with meteorites rather than working with solid documented evidence from the site. I mean, how many times have scientists flatly denied the existence of phenomenons yet had no proof to back up their claims. This guy is trying to say these gases are non-toxic, yet people are getting sick. I most certainly want more scientists at the scene than this guy, and from various backgrounds, so a proper concensus can be built. Yet, there is always the opportunity for a cover up, and for mundane natural causes/explanations, but I have a feeling these types of incidents are only going to increase in prevalence, and I just hope that we don't have an Andromeda strain/zombie epidemic, although that is still rather silly.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
God, so many people here don't get out much lol

Ok, it would not take a very large object to create a crater that size at such a high velocity. We would not know of such an object entering orbit... heck, we're worried enough as it is that we will miss huge meteors because we frankly aren't keeping vigil on the entire sky yet.

There are many gases that could cause respiratory issues. Two gases I worked with today in my Chem lab cause respiratory issues... which is why we did the experiment under a gas ventilation unit called a Hood.

There's absolutely nothing in this story that stirs the conspiracy theorist in me, believe it or not there is one, and zombies? What the... ?

In order for it to be some sort of space microbe of doom, that microbe would have had to have evolved in an environment where it mutated into something dangerous. As far as we know, our current model of Abiogenesis provides for extremely primitive bacteria developing first, not a mutagenic turbo virus from the depths of... well yeah.

Ockham's Razor screams loudly that this is a space rock with toxic gas deposits.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where is everyone getting this "600 people" figure? All the reports I've read say that only about 12 people have reported symptoms.

If it was radioactivity, all someone would have had to do is point a Geiger counter at the damn hole. I've got like half a dozen of them at work. I'm sure someone would have done that by now. So I seriously doubt it's radiation.

I agree with the dude above that said it's sulfur dioxide released from the Earth on impact. The stories report a sulfurous nasty smell. Sulfure dioxide causes a "rotten egg" smell, as anyone with sulfur-rich well-water will attest.

Besides, lots of gases can cause this. Hell, today at work I literally almost passed out by opening a tiny bottle of DTT (dithiothreitol), a common reducing agent used in biological experiments (like PCR). I had never used DTT in powder form, and as soon as I opened it, I was hit by a wall of lightheadedness and an aweful stench. I instantly became scared that I had just inhaled something really dangerous, cause I neglected to look at the bottle hazard warning. I stepped a few feet back and looked at the bottle. Sure enough it read in giant bold letters: CAUITION: IRRITANT, STENCH. I had no idea that the stench would be so powerful. Lesson learned. Open DTT in a fume hood.

There is no way in hell that the Peruvian meteorite caused illness by releasing a biological entity. Possible in theory, but there are a million simpler and more likely explanations, as cool as it owuld be to find evidence of life outside of our little ball.

[edit] Kudos to the guy before me. We typed the same sentiment at the same time.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Irradiatus]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Irradiatus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The town where this object impacted is very near Lake Titicaca. It is the highest navigable lake in the world. Elevation: 3812 m or 12507 ft. The area is one of the most arid climates known. Beautiful but very extreme area. I can assure anyone that lives below 5000 ft elevation, there is a huge difference in the ability to breath above 10,000 ft. If the people are as sick as the reports indicate, the local people can not be sick as a result from altitude sickness. These reported symptoms are very serious indeed.

The USA operates a so called secret NSA site in Peru. It is of course a high security base, & it utilizes a radar facility. They monitor activities in "the Pacific region & Asia." They KNOW about anything that wriggles or swims east of the Pacific coast. As a matter of fact, one former US soldier assigned to the site was involved with the alleged search & recovery of a crashed UFO some years ago. It was tracked from the US site, out over the ocean & later went down in Peru. This was featured on "You Tube."

I feel very confident this recent "meteor crash," if indeed it was a rock, or something altogether else, was tracked by our instrumentation systems.
If anyone out there can "open some back doors" into this mystery, it would be in our best interests. We certainly do not want anything to creep past us. Remember, oftentimes it's NOT what we hear or see that signals the true alarm of distress. The absence of news, or a pickle in the wrong jar, can be indicative of something amiss.

Let's find out all that we can on this issue. It seems most worthy of our time to say the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I believe that there's a simple and highly probably explanation: the meteorite impact released hydrogen sulphide from an anaerobic layer deep under the soil. Look at the crater, which is quite muddy and filling with water. It looks like an ideal place for anaerobic decomposition. H2S is quite toxic even at low concentrations (a single breath at 500 ppm is fatal), and stinks like heck. Exposure to H2S causes nausea, vomiting, and headaches.

The toxicity was in the soil, not in the meteorite.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by green dog]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
if it were a meteorite, i highly doubt the it would be carrying any microbial life that could cause harm to humans. bacteria and viruses specifically target certain receptors on host cells. its only very minute amount of species than can target a specific species and cause a immune response (less than 1 percent). so if they developed on another world, you would assume they would pose no threat to human as the chances of them having the correct adaptation to latch on to our cells is highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Radiation? Evaporated chemicals? Maybe something psychosomatic?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join