It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon outside my window?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah you definitely said that was your name.

Anyway, I think it was pretty obvious that this was a hoax when the kid spelled "Vassago" perfectly. If someone just said the name to me, I might have written it Vesago, Vasigo, Vassegeaux? Haha, anyway, that was the sign for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why would a demon give someone its name spelled wrong? When a demon speaks, it doesn't merely go through the ears. It goes into the head. If indeed a demon were to give its name to you, you would know how to spell it even if the dictionary was wrong. There's no sign in Hell that says "English spoken here". If we can move beyond this ludicrous narrow assertion, then we can begin to examine the really interesting parts of the claim.

The original poster's intention was not to have a thread full of people who drank their hater-ade this morning grumble about how this could possibly be a hoax, rather a question is posed which is asking if anyone can qualify this thing as demon or not demon. There's no question in the mind of Ranbo that what was seen happened, else the topic would say "Was what I saw real?". So please, before we arrogantly say that Ranbo didn't see what he
saw, let us consider for a moment that no one other than he was actually there. Therefore, to say "it did not happen" is unproveable bunk at this point. Essentially, if you have no means of helping, why are you posting? The only answer I can come up with to this question is perhaps that there is some kind of fear this testimony is valid.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
If this were Scotland Yard, I seriously doubt it would be considered "case closed". All we've proven is that there is no police report found. It doesn't mean there was no police report. In fact, I have filed a police report or two in the past and can say it is difficult to retreive without the officer's name and case number on the card even though I was the one who filed it (let alone someone else asking for it).

True. If I did find a police report, it most certainly would not have talked about demons and weird odors and what not. That's not the point; we were searching for a foundation from Ranbo to at least build our [skeptics'] trust with his story. When that foundation failed to materialize, his whole house of cards came down.

And I'm sorry, incompetence aside, the Livingston County Parish may not be Scotland Yard in its intricacies, but they seem to keep a strong tab on records. Plus, this is a small town, the lady helping my search was actually recalling the number of peeping tom cases during the past few months before she even culled the records, so I suspect there are no cases that get lost on this department.

Back to square one. Hopefully Ranbo knows by now no amount of tangible evidence will change a knee-jerk reaction naysayer. Footprints could be anyone, a photo would be called his uncle or a photoshop job, etc. I'd be surprised if ATS'ers who've been around the block a few times don't know this already.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by saint4God]

You know, us naysayers actually did the legwork on this and have adequately demonstrated to the jury that Ranbo is most likely a troll. I was impressed that he was as forthcoming with his personal info as he was, but that didn't come without much goading and pleading on our part. And in the end, what would he have had to lose? He probably even believed not one of us crazies would actually pursue the police report.

Please don't take this as a cut down or any tone of disrespect, Saint, but I wonder why you are so hell-bent on believing Ranbo now? Sometimes us ATSers want so badly to believe in the unknown, in the unexplainable, that we're willing to role play in someone's fantasy land beyond the call of reason.

And others (and I think this is where you fit in, Sanit) just trust our fellow humans a little too much.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
You know, us naysayers actually did the legwork on this

This effort is appreciated, I hope it was not seen as condemnation and believe we do have an obligation to check things out to the best of our ability.

and have adequately demonstrated to the jury that Ranbo is most likely a troll.

That, madam/sir judge, is not for you to decide or accuse...hence the jury (of which I am a member and do not believe you've adequately demonstrated anything other than you're unable to locate a police report).

He probably even believed not one of us crazies would actually pursue the police report.

And now you're a mindreader? Or a probability statician? Hopefully you can see why I have issue with this superiority complex being demonstrated.

Please don't take this as a cut down or any tone of disrespect, Saint, but I wonder why you are so hell-bent on believing Ranbo now?

I'm not. I'm just not going to close a case without evidence one way or another.

And others (and I think this is where you fit in, Sanit) just trust our fellow humans a little too much.

I used to dismiss all rumor until visual evidence was presented. Finding out how foolish that was, I believe even verbal testimony deserves at least a listen and consideration before labelling it garbage.

To clarify the mystery as to why I have not thrown this out, I find many consistencies with Ranbo's testimony in accordance with the testimonies of others, documentation, and my own. Granted, no one will believe anything I have as a credible source else I would have attempted to provide it as proof. Many times ATS'ers will ignore/condemn truth even if presented.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

He probably even believed not one of us crazies would actually pursue the police report.

And now you're a mindreader? Or a probability statician? Hopefully you can see why I have issue with this superiority complex being demonstrated.

Certainly not a mind reader (although that would have been very cool when I was single and dating). But a statician? Maybe, if you can rely on guess work.

How many bulletin board systems are there out there? Millions? How many catering to the paranormal? Hundreds of thousands?

How many wild claims have been made on said boards? Millions? How many have actually been vetted with some basic detective work? Probably a precious few. If I were a wagering man, my bet would be that less than 1% of all claims are actually researched and either substantiated or debunked. It's why so many people can make such wild, far-out claims in the paranormal field.

Many have asked in the past, what's the motivation? So, someone claims to be a friend of E.T., why would they lie? Other than for the immediate gratification of attention, I will say there is a statistical chance they will also achieve celebrity status. I've seen it way too many times, particularly in UFOlogy (Burisch anyone). And when a few inquisitive souls actually research the background, those outlandish stories tend to just fall apart like the ghosts of unpreserved books.

Wig

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I said it earlier,

Ranbo implied by his words that he had in his possession a copy of the police report and the photograph of the footprint. His excuse for not posting it was that he did not have the scanning equipment.

I thought at the time he was a fake, but I've waited for behindthescenes to try, and we got the expected result, no police incident reported.

Another way to take this further would be for behindthescenes to post a snailmail letter to Ranbo's alledged address, "to the occupier" with a reply paid envelope inside, and ask for them to confirm the police were or were not called to their house on xx/xx/xxxx date about an tresspass/prowler.

Or do a phone directory search on Ranbo's surname at that address and see if it comes up, or an electoral register search.

But why bother? Ranbo is a faker.

[edit on 1/1/2008 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Question of motivation.

For those who have read John Titor and related hoax threads, there is a pattern to them. Essentially the hoaxer gets people interested and involved in the topic, then gives them piece-meal, vague information regarding the subject matter.

On page 5 & 7, Ranbo did answer some very specific information about himself, hobbies, skills and so forth. The MOST anyone was able to come up with is that they were unable to find the police report and that for a 15 year old he has some decent spelling skills.

On page 7:

Nope. I came here hoping for people to give me answer to what it might be, and to share what happened. That's all.

This is a thread-killer. Ranbo is essentially saying he's looking for someone who could identify and did not receive a satisfactory answer.

Seven pages does not make "ATS fame" by a LONG shot. John Titor's many many pages did. Something to consider.

I feel bad for Ranbo. In his position, I too would not pursue any answers on ATS. He opened up a thread looking for truth and got 'witty' (using the term very loosely here) sarcasm instead. Huzzah for ATS for denying help once again.

God bless you Ranbo, please let me know if I can be of any further help.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well i take back what i said, considering the information Ranbo gave i find it a little hard to belive he was "fooling around"
Allthough i haven't been around here for as long as most people i do understand the number of hoaxers isn't that small, but Ranbo here might just be looking for help, and by the look's of it he kindof gave up on us, well after so much negative feedback i belive most people would, i too can't just let this one die and frankly after a couple of..aa..incidits that happend not that recently this doesnt seem that far fetched anymore.
Demon's do tend to "mess around" with people from what i have researched, if we were to take this siruisly this could be just that.
If anyone can get a hold of him and tell him to atleast post every once in a while that would be great.
And allthough there is not much left to do i am offering my help, i have quite a bit of knowledge about demonoligy amongst other things.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I typically think you post some good stuff, but you are so full of holes on this thread. A demon speaks into your head? I'm not going to ask for evidence but how would you know? And I understand that english might not have any claim over the demonic world, but he spelled the english version of the demon's name, on a forum that posts in english. Lets not take it any further than that.

[edit on 1/6/08 by SantaClaus]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I recognize the name Vassago from somewhere, but I cant place it. I can tell you though, the name doesn't mean "cupcake"

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
okay. I looked it up, It's a Demon in ancient history. Luckily for you, the Demon is supposedly of good nature

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I typically think you post some good stuff,

Thank you! I'll take the compliment even before the "but". Compliments are too rare around here I think.

but you are so full of holes on this thread.

I can understand why you'd see it this way.

A demon speaks into your head?

Yeah. We're used to hearing things audibly all the time so it's hard to explain. It bypasses going through the ear, the ear sending signal to the brain and the brain translating it. It skips that process entirely. It's startling at first. When we hear something, we think of it as being 'instantanous' and absolute, but not so. Here's the best anaology I can come up with. Stuff your ears with cotton and have someone mumble something into your ear. This would be 'normal hearing' in this regard. You can probably make it out, but you have to make an effort and you might be a little off. Then take out the cotton and have your friends shout and articulate the famous Verizon phrase, "Can you hear me now?" The answer is a clear "yes". Where there was doubt before, there is none now.

I'm not going to ask for evidence

Good, because neither can I prove it nor would I want to.

but how would you know?

Experience. The only ones who could validate it are people of similar experience. That's what the originator of the thread was looking for but did not find it. I have a roundabout way of saying "probably" to Ranbo, but he's looking for saying "yes, I saw this guy, this is who he is and why he was at your window". I can't say that unfortunately.

And I understand that english might not have any claim over the demonic world, but he spelled the english version of the demon's name, on a forum that posts in english. Lets not take it any further than that.

I've been on this hunk of rock for a few centuries. Demons have been around for thousands, perhaps millions of years. They've had time to learn English if learning was required. I don't think they speak any particular language per say nor do they need to. Their communication skills seem far beyond the movement of a jaw and vibrations of vocal chords.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I've been on this hunk of rock for a few centuries. Demons have been around for thousands, perhaps millions of years. They've had time to learn English if learning was required. I don't think they speak any particular language per say nor do they need to. Their communication skills seem far beyond the movement of a jaw and vibrations of vocal chords.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by saint4God]

Really?

Your statement confuses me, are you saying that you are actually 100's of years old, or that you have been reincarnated many times, hence you have a greater knowledge fo the unkown/spiritual side than younger souls do?

-Ans-

[edit on 11-1-2008 by RustingAngel]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that the man the op met was just some dude messing with her?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustingAngel
Really?

Your statement confuses me, are you saying that you are actually 100's of years old,

Decades, excuse me. As I'm sure you have been as well. Some days it feels like centuries (and not in a good way)
. I've never claimed perfection.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Has anyone thought that the man the op met was just some dude messing with her?

The possibility has been brought up and hasn't been ruled out.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustingAngel
Really?

Your statement confuses me, are you saying that you are actually 100's of years old,

Decades, excuse me. As I'm sure you have been as well. Some days it feels like centuries (and not in a good way)
. I've never claimed perfection.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by saint4God]

Understood. Pretty signifigant difference in the two terms though, eh?
From the post it just seemed as though you may have been directly implying superior knowledge of the subject at hand because of a more elightened perspective due to great age, the decades thing makes your statement much more clear and concise. That's for the clarification.

-Ans-

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sure thing. And no superior knowledge found with me. Some unusual experiences perhaps, but not entirely unique. So far we'd talked about the possibility of a demon and the possibility of a freaky person, but perhaps we're overlooking a third option. Maybe it was a demon-possessed man?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So its been a few months now....still no evidence.

case closed- fake

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
NOt so fast...I would propose that this case, due to lack of indisputable evidence proving anything either way, be classified as undetermined.

We don't even have any iron-clad proof "Ranbo" is a really a fifteen year-old boy, do we?

I mean, do we?

After all, anyone can claim a particular MySpace page "proves" they are who they say they are...but...

Even that is subject to fabrication.

An interesting story is where this will remain, in my estimation, barring any introduction of solid, incontrovertible evidence to sway opinions.

Even the simple, real time exercise I pitched way back when, would not have been certain to "prove" anything except...well...that one certain aspect of this case may not have been staged.

The result of such a test would still have been entirely open to one's interpretation.

At any rate, thanks for a diverting exercise in the all too human desire to believe/disbelieve anything presented online, based upon what one wants to believe to be true, Ranbo.

Let that be a lesson to us all...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join