It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified creatures found in Berring Sea - 2002 photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A friend of mine had these two creatures for awhile, until they finally rotted-away/and or got hauled-off by something. A mutual friend of ours brought them back from a fishing job in Alaskan waters back in 2002.

Unfortunately, the enlarged pics are gone (erased accidentally from his hard drive),
but the thumbnalis here are pretty good.

Anyone know what these things are? Most interesting were the 'shark tooth-like' spikes on its tail. serated and everything! Multiple rows of teeth ala skates, rays, sharks...etc.
No 'fish smell' even when hanging out on a tree to dry out. No insects cared for them either...none. Not even ants ate at them. They just slowly rotted away, and one day all pieces were gone. Enjoy!
Unidentified sea creatures 1
More pics creatures from sea
more sea creature pics

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
why don't you do the thumbnails in your post... use the code

crypto mundo has a timely story about the 'globs' that are periodically
washed ashore, & many are not whales or giant squids that become jellified...

my best guess is these are those high altitude creatures that soar
in the atmosphere their whole life,
we think they are UFOs, but they are life forms,

by accident, a carcass of a dead high-flyer falls in the sea & is found
on the beach. rarely.

that's my guess

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yup the pictures are to small, but it looks like one of those fiji mermaid thigns again.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Branchly]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
seabats!!!!!! It must be a promo for a new horror-disaster film.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If they were a land based animal I would almost say they appear to be pterodactyl in appearance with the obvious variations (multi-rowed teeth, etc.) of aquatic creatures. Strange indeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
my bad, sorry moddddd.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yup the pictures are to small, but it looks like one of those fiji mermaid thigns again.

I have to agree with Branchly it's a fiji mermaid. Probably sewed and taxidermy by seamystery & sold on Ebay.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I can't see the photos... The server can not be found?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the photos are to small to distinguish anything. if its a brand new creature why are there not any hig res pics of it or some better pictures besides someone holding it from its tail in their back yard?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Like I said, these are just the tiny 'thumbnails' left over from an old computer's back-up files. They are the only pictures of these things we have left. Many of us saw them, though. They were amazing. Another friend corrected me, by the way--saying they DID have a pungeant smell when the sun would hit them, but what I meant was: it wasn't what I'd call 'fishy'; more 'leathery', or 'hide-like', I'd say. Like a wet, moldy wallet, or leather shoes, maybe.

But, I am not here to 'pull a fast one' on anyone. This is not a prank for a movie, either (I WISH!); I just thought someone might be able to identify them; cuz after about 50 of us up here in the Pacific Northwest saw them up close, touched, 'em etc--NO ONE was able to i.d. them for certain.

Thanks for all your suggestions on what these things are, or 'were'. Maybe we'll get the priviledge of seeing more someday.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by david mogen

DNS lookup failed.
The server seems to be down. Do you have any additional sources? Or if you have hard copies on your HDD you can U2U me and I'll host them.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ah I see them now!

Gross, I'm eating a tuna salad and those photos have put me right off!

Wonder what they are?

Rays of some sort?

[edit on 18-9-2007 by TheOmen]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well, after 5 years having the pics of the 'sea creature of unknown origin',
and then finding this Forum to go public with my amazing find,
I spend an hour on Google to fairly easily de-bunk my own potentially
Earth-moving discovery:

I believe this is the 'Big Skate' and I had a couple of the 'Longnose Skate' variety.
A close cousin, I'll assume. Related to sharks, rays, etc...

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I wish they were 'High Flyers' in the worst way, lemme tell ya.

Cheers,
D

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ha ha ha boom boom . soz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or shud i say zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so boring soz but true . heeeeeehhhhheeeeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ha ha ha boom boom . soz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or shud i say zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so boring soz but true . heeeeeehhhhheeeeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You beat me to it, but that is a Skate. When they dry out they look like that. Most people who fish know what they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is the reason, along with how they look dried out, that they so often come up as Alien or unexplained. If you have never seen one they do look odd. This is the underside and the signature face.

top topics

join