It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for XVID codecs? You got Alex Jones instead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I found something interesting when looking for xvid codecs. I just typed www.xvid.com and got a page with Ron Paul ads, and links to Terrorstorm, along with other Alex Jones movies. I then realized the xvid codec website is actually www.xvid.org.

What do you think? Is Alex Jones a smart man spreading his message? or is he a desperate man trying to sell his videos by advertising to the xvid codec seeking crowd?

hmmm... looking for an xvid codec sonny? well let me tell you about the Global Elite....

EDIT - grmr

[edit on 16-9-2007 by quintar]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What exactly is an xvid codec?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's just like a plugin for your browser, except for your media player.

Certain movies are encoded in a language only that codec can decode.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
hmm, very interesting.

i use linux mostly so i never had to search for an xvid codec, but thats a great strategy.

people buy and sell .coms all the time, they even register .coms just to sell them.

maybe alex had an inside friend who gave him that .com, or maybe he just bought it?

Domain Name: XVID.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: domainhelp.opensrs.net...
Name Server: NS1.SECURITIES-PRICING.COM
Name Server: NS1.SSTEC.COM
Updated Date: 29-dec-2006
Creation Date: 13-jan-2000
Expiration Date: 13-jan-2008

>>> Last update of whois database: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:26:10 UTC Last update of whois database: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:27:11 UTC Last update of whois database: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:27:42 UTC

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh, ok.

Well I don't think he really needs attention that bad. He gets plenty of exposure when his videos are at the top 100 on google video. People often say he is just out for money, but then why would he go putting all of his videos on google for free?

It's probobly nothing IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

People often say he is just out for money, but then why would he go putting all of his videos on google for free?

because the advratisers on your site pay you per 'click through'. when you put your url on the google video people click on it.

the team here can explain it in more detail. realize that you can make money off of advratising, but that doesent have to be the case. it costs A LOT of money to run a server when it starts to take up bandwidth.

huge websites require multiple servers and mutiple connections.

a single connection can cost 2000 usd/month. for that kind of money you get 'unlimited' bandwidth per month, but you can only have as much as your line supports at once.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I'm really starting to detest Alex Jones. He is turning what should be a grass roots movement into a commercialized franchise. I'm almost positive the guy is in somebody's pocket.

top topics

join