It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political correctness gone mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well you can't say "old" anymore because its offensive. You can't even ask someone if they are married because its offensive to gay's.

What has this world come to?

News.yahoo.com

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ok, that's just idiotic to the Nth degree. I mean seriously, what's next?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The whole thing is stupidity that stems from people starting trouble. Amazing how the groups that insist on these childish titles are the ones causing the most trouble anyways. I wouldn't call a black person living in america "african-american", nor would I call a chinese person living in america an "asian-american". If you live here, you're a citizen, you're my neighbor, you're just as american as i am, and i'd call you an american. Why the seperations? The entire concept of being PC is retarded.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What happens if you use old and homosexual in the same sentence? Double jeopardy?

If they want to do this then fine, here are other words that I cannot stand:

racist, anti-semite, taxes, honkey, fascist, the man,' and many more too...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Well you can't say "old" anymore because its offensive. You can't even ask someone if they are married because its offensive to gay's.

A pathetic world who has now to suffer from the tyranny of a bunch of unbalanced peoples. OTH, we can wonder why the peoples just don't say fu### off to the PC. I don't think they can sue million and million of peoples in the same time.
SO WAKE UP AND JUST SAY NO TO PC.
Hey, I just do it each day.
I guess you can all do it too, no ?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
agree with some of the other posts here. There is no reason to call a black american a african american or a chineese dude a Asian American LOL I mean really are you not just changing the words is all.... If you really think about it you could just leave off the fisrt part of those terms and call us all Americans!! That whats so great about this country man. Better than living in London hehe .... We are Americans not Black or Asian or Gay or Old or crazy LOL we are just americans. Lets get back to the basics and stop the PC man it really is getting incredibly rediculous. And it really serves to divide us rather than bring us together. I do realize that the article is about London by the way...Just glad I am not a north american britt LOL. I am just a Texan-American LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY DON'T WORRY

Things always spring back the other way. It's the same with politics, right left right left.

There are plenty of Anti-PR folks out there and soon enough will be enough.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Damn Texans always gotta be special!

Seriously though, it drives me nuts when people have to make such distinctions. I don't care if someone's gay. I don't care if they're old, black, short, fat, chinese, whatever. If they have something intelligent to say I'll respect them. If not, I'll think they're foolish. Based on their actions themselves.

Hopefully it's just a trend that will go away. Been around a lot longer than it should have been though.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
political corectness belongs in politics and has no place anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm gathering this little bit of political correctness was insisted on by some old unmarried homosexuals...?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Some people have way too much time on their hands. I don't give a damn if your OLD, HOMOSEXUAL, or Both...just don't tell the rest of the world what to think!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the idea of tolerance for the intolerant. A contradiction in terms as well as ideas. People use politcal correctness when it suits their needs but when they're needs change, they have no trouble slinging insults. See the Mud Pit. Those who wake and begin their every day with one thought.."who will offend me first?"

Liberals love labels as much as anyone. Look how they defended woman against stereotypes and sexual harrassment until one of their own began to practice the art and then the vitim became labeled "trailor trash" or a "bimbo". See, when those labels became useful to defend their champion's actions, it became alright to use them. HYPOCRISY, don't make it a way of life.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The problem here is that when someone complains to management, about something inane, they don't say " I really don't see a problem here."

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I'm gathering this little bit of political correctness was insisted on by some old unmarried homosexuals...?

LMAO

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Jesus...it's amazing that grown adults can't take being called "names", when millions of school children are perfectly capable of doing so on a daily basis....

ok, that's just idiotic to the Nth degree.

Please come with us Mr. Limelight, your use of the term "idiotic" has been found to be offensive to actual idiots---The PC Police...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Please come with us Mr. Limelight, your use of the term "idiotic" has been found to be offensive to actual idiots---The PC Police...

Bah, the PC Police can go kiss an unmarried, old homosexual's a$$ for all I care!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you thought that one story was bad, check out this website, it searches all kinds of media for PC going crazy:

tonguetied.us...

whew, fixed it

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
For an example:

Adventures in Jurisprudence

A federal jury in Kansas City is hearing a lawsuit by two African-American sisters which claims that a flight attendant�s use of the rhyme �eenie, meenie, minie, moe� was racist and caused them physical and emotional distress, reports the Kansas City Star.

Louise Sawyer and Grace Fuller said they were traumatized when a stewardess on a Southwest Airlines flight said over the intercom, �Eenie, meenie, minie, moe; pick a seat, we gotta go,� in an effort to get passengers to take their seats.

Some say the original child�s rhyme ended with �catch a 'n-word' by his toe,� and the sisters say hearing it on the plane caused one of them to have a seizure later in the day. The flight attendant says she has only ever heard the version that ends �catch a tiger by the toe.�

But no, political correctness hasn't gotten out of hand.(Please note, this case is IN COURT now!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah, well I bet the local gardener would have caused a coronary if he started talking about how to pick the best hoe for the right job huh?

Can a department store santa say hoh, ho, ho anymore or is that offensive too? PC is nothing but a tool designed to weaken this country as well as the whole world.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Political correctness gone mad

Sorry, I am "mad" so the title of this offended me.
Also you cannot use "old", "offensive", "someone", "married", or "gay(s)".

Oh yeah, and "world".

Hmmm...and "come".

Just stop speaking.

Gee, don't write anything either...it might offend.

Stop looking at me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join