It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Victims Families in Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Today in Boston, bells were heard throughout the city as we marked the 6th anniversary. Victims families from two of the airplanes that were hijacked were here (about 250 people). In my profession, I was able to say hello to a few of them expressing my sorrow for what indeed is a pain they all have to deal with still six years later. As it was not appropriate, I did not ask them questions about CT's.

I actually listened to reporters asking them questions. I listened to many stories and heard the pain that still lingers in their hearts. What was interesting, was how they all wanted to "move on."

Something else I found interesting was how they stated that our country was not doing enough to stop another attack from Osama Bin Laden or his al Quida group. They fear that since Osama told us he would destroy the twin towers (which he did) and now is claiming that they will now kill 4 Million Americans with nukes,...he will succeed. A very good point. Conspiracy Theories aside, what have the powers at be done to correct the problems that caused us the massive sucker punch we got 6 years ago? Bush stated that we are "safer but not safe"... WTF does that mean?

The 911 Commission pointed out many key areas where the government needs to address to keep this from happening again. I'm wondering,.... what have we done?

For those that are curious, no I did not hear any reporters bring up CT's, nor did I hear any family memebers discussing them.

Believe it or not, Osama was a key player in the 911 attacks, and believe it or not, he is ready to do it again. To keep blaming our useless president for the attacks is counter productive in my opinion. We should be blaming him for turning a bind eye and not adhereing to the recommendations of the 911 commision.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
Something else I found interesting was how they stated that our country was not doing enough to stop another attack from Osama Bin Laden or his al Quida group.

considering AQ is NOT "his" group, nor is it a group at all - this just doesn't make any sense. AQ = CIA database of names, not necessarily related in any way at all.

Believe it or not, Osama was a key player in the 911 attacks, and believe it or not, he is ready to do it again.

I'll go with "not."

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

To keep blaming our useless president for the attacks is counter productive in my opinion. We should be blaming him for turning a bind eye and not adhereing to the recommendations of the 911 commision.

IMO, if we do get attacked again (CTs aside), they are definately to blame. But, I feel they were definately to blame for 9/11 also (CTs also aside).

Whether they allowed it or just screwed up, they should be held accountable. Not promoted.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Today, i won't debate...but I will point you towards some facts and encourage you to seek some on your own.

Osama is not the "only" leader of Al-Qaeda, but he was there at the beginning and still remains.

Just a little history:

The name 'al-Qaeda' was established a long time ago by mere chance. The late Abu Ebeida El-Banashiri established the training camps for our mujahedeen against Russia's terrorism. We used to call the training camp al-Qaeda. The name stayed

[source]from a videotaped interview with al Jazeera journalist Tayseer Alouni in October 2001[/source]

Al-Qaeda has been labeled a terrorist organization by the United Nations Security Council, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization,[3][4] the European Union,the United States, Australia,Canada,Israel, Japan, the Netherlands,the United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, and Switzerland.

en.wikipedia.org...

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.
-OSAMA BIN LADEN

And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children.

And that day, it was confirmed to me that oppression and the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy. Destruction is freedom and democracy, while resistance is terrorism and intolerance.
- OSAMA BIN LADEN

So we are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah.
- OSAMA BIN LADEN
www.washingtonpost.com...

I have plenty more facts regarding this thug if your interested. For now, I have a long commute home. Good day

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Thanks Griff... I agree.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
oh goody... quotes!

Bin Laden (28 September 2001):

I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle. It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people of other faiths, particularly the followers of Islam.

so now we get to decide which quote to believe!

and how about a quote from the Wiki on AQ?

Due to its structure of semi-autonomous cells, al-Qaeda's size and degree of responsibility for particular attacks are difficult to establish. However, this may also be because its size and degree are exaggerated.

Rather than al-Qaeda evolving as a single monolithic organization, like a typical political party or military command structure, or one headed by a central figure like a crime syndicate, the exact opposite was created: a diverse, loosely-organized and widely-disbursed movement or ideology[140] comprised of many small and localized "self-generating" terrorist cells[141] and individuals, some of which are not directly connected to al-Qaeda at all.[142] It may be applied to other political movements, organizations and individuals who adopt similar beliefs and practices through the copycat effect or are accused of such through misattribution. The term is also applied retroactively to provide a name for the motive of Islamic fundamentalists who act or have acted similarly, even before the formal organization or naming of the al-Qaeda organization.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I was working in Boston on 9-11-01 at a facility that if properly blown up could take out several miles of that area. We were told by the FBI that the terrorist responsible were trained in scuba and would likely attack us. I stayed over deciding it was a good group of people to end life with and that even though I have put on a few years I could “make the first three pay admission”. Unfortunately our government has decided to increase the number of that type of facility and rely on it’s product for a major source of future power
LNG.
My heart felt sympathy to those who were touched by the horror of that day.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Comforter

I have so many questions. You say you were in Boston on 9/11/01.

How did you come in contract with the FBI? What exactly did he say, or to the best of your knowledge? Where were you working in Boston?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Muslim extremists will continue to attempt to carry out further terrorist attacks on the US mainland.

They have repeatedly attempted, with varying success, to commit further acts of terrorism in the UK, there is every reason to believe they will do so over there.

These Muslim extremists will stop at nothing to further their aims and their ultimate adversary is the USA.

Are all these terrorist attacks Al-Qaeda sponsored?
I very much doubt it.
There are that many Muslim extremist groups it is inevitable further attempts will be made.
Their success will depend on their preperation and US Security Force effectiveness.
I sincerely hope they are up to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We've learned from 9/11(theories, if infact US didn't do it!) that you really can't stop all of them, they'll do it if they can. Bin Ladin quoting that the US will pay by being destroyed, but he didn't he think of the repercussions? Of course the US would retaliate. He set himself up, violence against violence doesn't help his extreme cause, yet him and the others don't get it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i posted a timeline thread a while back capn and it had the question at the end, "if you dont think it was an inside job are you OK with the way the situation was handled?"
to paraphrase myself.

if we did let flight 77 hit the pentagon with 2 hours warning then we are screwed if they attack again.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sinful,
I inspect “things” considered an immediate risk to the civilian population and have for over thirty years.
As I have already said I was working at the LNG facility in Everett MA. You may like to look into the Dangers of LNG, just “Google” it.
I was a friend of the Security Manager and helped him with securing the facility as well as gathering those that needed to be contacted on 911. I was informed by him what the FBI had to say.
He was head of security for air force one during a past administration and not given to exaggerations.
Due to past experience with the FBI, I do not like to deal with them in person as in my experience all but their best “old guard” are incompetent or willing to prostitute themselves to politicians. I worked with agents that were empowered to arrest FBI until “tasks” were completed. Once that included a meeting with the future “Don” of the east coast to arrange the removal of one of his dealers that was stepping on coke being supplied his competition. The coke was poisoned and had killed 27 people the FBI knew of. One was a 17 year old niece of “someone”. So I set up a meeting between him and The Judge.
Did you know the FBI still does not communicate past histories between offices? Well they don’t. Not bad enough not having interlinking communications with CIA and No Such Agency or even Scotland Yard the FBI don’t even talk to each other.
They have managed to get too many of the wrong people killed to suit me. I think they may be a little upset with me I know I am with them.
I hope this answeres your questions.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

JP ~

Am i happy with the way things were done? 3 thousand Americans died. The answer is an obvious NO.

We were caught with our pants down. Bush IMO failed to protect us and I hate him for that (with many other reasons)

What further infuriates me is the lack of interest this adminstration has in the reccomendations of the 911 commission. As I quoted prior... Bush said... "We are safer but not safe." That is BS! We will spend a trilliondollars in Iraq on a ground war that is based on lies by the time we get out of there...Think of what that trillion dollars could have been used for. Secure borders would be a start! Affordable health care? Disease cures? The list is endless.

new topics

top topics

join