It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no objective evidence of Aliens or UFO's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is absolutely no more evidence for alien visitation to earth than there is proof of god. All there is are blurry videos and pictures. People who report abductions probably need Prozac and some therapy in their lives. They too have 0 proof.

Belief in aliens is nothing more than faith at this point. We have no reason to believe that other intelligent life exists anywhere in the universe. In fact here on earth with billions of life forms that have lived and died in 4.5 billion years only one intelligent being has ever evolved intelligence. That does not bode well for other intelligent life out there though there could be some viruses or even animal life somewhere. It is a stretch to say intelligent life exists beyond earth.

As you read through this sites many alien/ufo posts the best we can come up with is a conspiracy theory that someone is hiding the truth, when everything we know proves Aliens and alien piloted UFO's do not exist.

So why do we continue to propagate this lie. There is not going to be a big revelation of aliens in the near future. You can simply watch the world governments and figure out they are not acting in a way that would support the idea of a hidden truth about aliens.

If anything the world governments spinning up asteroid/comet and deep space (moon/mars) missions and exploration point to a conspiracy to hide an immanent doom coming soon (30 or so years) from an asteroid or comet but no alien conspiracy at all.

Existence of intelligent space fairing aliens is based on speculation, wild imagination and the people of the world wanting to believe in such a thing with no proof at all.

Please prove me wrong

X

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
If anything the world governments spinning up asteroid/comet and deep space (moon/mars) missions and exploration point to a conspiracy to hide an immanent doom coming soon (30 or so years) from an asteroid or comet but no alien conspiracy at all.

Please prove me wrong

That's a pretty broad sweep there, fella. How about you start and prove yourself right on this one? You've denied everyone else's speculation here, some of it quite appropriately, I think, but then you indulge in your own unsubstantiated speculation. 30 or so years? Asteroids? Chapter and verse please. Prove it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Look, I saw a craft that defied physics as we know it. You can deride eye witnesses if you want but it has nothing to do with belief. Every eye witness can't be deluded.

I feel no need to prove anything to you because what you think and believe has no impact on me or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not saying what I saw was space aliens. For all I know it could have been time travelers, paranormal or somekind of weired religious experience. I have an open mind.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Did'nt you read the sign?

---Dont feed the trolls----

and you shouldn't add to the problem...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Look, I saw a craft that defied physics as we know it. You can deride eye witnesses if you want but it has nothing to do with belief. Every eye witness can't be deluded.

I feel no need to prove anything to you because what you think and believe has no impact on me or anyone else for that matter.

I'm not saying what I saw was space aliens. For all I know it could have been time travelers, paranormal or somekind of weired religious experience. I have an open mind.

I am not disputing you or anyone else saw something. There is just absolutely no objective evidence that what you saw was, or could be alien just as you stated yourself.

I was in the USAF for 20 years I have seen many somethings just 0 aliens.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Xeven]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

what are you crazy, there is alien influence all around us. And even more so why don't you go to peru or to Egypt. Read the tablet infront of the spynx...it clearly says that beings came from Atlantis and from the stars. There is information in the bible and almost every religious book in the world.There are ancient artifacts and France apparently was supposed to have a museum with aliens artifacts from all over the world that have been here for thousands possibly millions of years. There are depictions of what seem to be ships or astronauts in caves. So i sud jest you do a little research, alien proof is not just ships in the sky, this goes into a much deeper field.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The biggest reason to belive in extraterrestial life is our existence... And bilions of other living things on this planet. Living in really wierd and hard places sometimes. Im sure that soon we will find living organisms in our solar system... Even galaxy is a big place and there r hundreds if not thousands of them. If bacteria r found near underwater volcanos i dont see why they cant live on mars or even on venus not to mention bilions of other planets. And its possible that intelligent life is somewhere too.
Maybe there is no proof that they were or are here but it is possible. But not aliens, entities more or less like us, rather some probe droids. Looking for life or something valuable for them. Space travel is really long so its hard to belive that even highly advanced civilisations will send "manned missions". Personally i belive that greys r droids (biological, clones maybe) working for probe or something like that(AI) hidden somewhere in solar system, droids that r gathering informations about everything. When they gather this info decision will be made, about our future i think. Harvest resources (and kill us) contact us or wait till creators come. There is chance that even droid can make decision about exterminating races that are too agressive... I dont know how we look compared to other races but we seem to be really agressive.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It is a stretch to say intelligent life exists beyond earth.

Then I don't think you comprehend just how big our universe is, there are probobly millions of planets like ours. Just because we or they lack the technology to travel such incredible distances, doesn't prove they don't exist. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Find a way to travel 1000 light years in your lifetime, and I'm sure you wil find your proof. Until then, I guess we'll just have to wait for them to find us.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
reply to post by Xeven

what are you crazy, there is alien influence all around us. And even more so why don't you go to peru or to Egypt. Read the tablet infront of the spynx...it clearly says that beings came from Atlantis and from the stars. There is information in the bible and almost every religious book in the world.There are ancient artifacts and France apparently was supposed to have a museum with aliens artifacts from all over the world that have been here for thousands possibly millions of years. There are depictions of what seem to be ships or astronauts in caves. So i sud jest you do a little research, alien proof is not just ships in the sky, this goes into a much deeper field.

You are associating something in a ancient cave with something you know today. That is not objective evidence of astronaut's or space ships from the cave man days.

Ancient writings including the bible do not substantiate objective evidence. Just as we see no magical miracles from god in todays world, we see and have 0 proof of aliens and alien spacecraft. Just speculation and imagination. The Egyptians had imaginations as well.

What alien influence do you see all around us?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There is absolutely no more evidence for alien visitation to earth than there is proof of god. All there is are blurry videos and pictures. People who report abductions probably need Prozac and some therapy in their lives. They too have 0 proof.

If witness statements aren't enough then let's free all those jailed because no-one saw the crime. The amount of witness testimony to UFO & alien stuff is enough to go on IMO. And how do you explain groups of people who claim the same experience at the same time? I haven't seen any aliens but I have seen various flying "things" that I'm sure weren't built in any Boeing hangar, and someone was piloting them but I don't think it was Biggles.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi there,

Sure, we’ve had NO conclusive proof of alien visitation/presence, but there has been NO conclusive proof that we are alone!

There have been countless grainy videos and numerous alleged eye witness accounts, but NOTHING that can be independently verified and put forward as 100% proof positive.

But, that being said, my personal opinion is that there MUST be life out there.

Outer space is too vast and new planets are being discovered around distant stars all the time, to me it’s inconceivable that humans are the only intelligent form of life in the universe.

Think about it in a technological sense, we went from wooden bi-planes to Stealth Fighters, packed with all manner of advanced systems, in a relatively short space of time, as a result of reverse engineering alien technology in my opinion.

As said above...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
if you say that its a "stretch" for you to think of other life in the universe, you havent been stretching your brain muscles much.

be nice.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There's tons of evidence of UFOs. UFO does not equate to alien, it means unidentified flying object, there is no "alien" in that phrase. As for evidence of aliens, to my understanding, disclosure happens on a one-on-one basis. If ET's wanted to make a public appearance, they would of done so a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ive had plenty of experiental evidence for non-human beings...but I guess they only visit those whos brains are stretched enough. in fact...their brains seem to be stretched because the ones I met have pretty big heads.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
alright, sorry Moderator. Dont want to stretch the limits of politeness

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
if you say that its a "stretch" for you to think of other life in the universe, you havent been stretching your brain muscles much.

be nice.

I think it is possible that there is other life out there, as the universe is huge. I do think it is not likely that there is other intelligent life out there. Intelligent life is extremely rare (1 in billions) on our own planet. Only one being in all of known history is verified to have achieve intelligence out of the billions of life forms that have lived on earth. Only one. We may find animals out there but finding intelligence out there is probably not going to happen. I just think our own rareness on our world of life gives us reason (but not proof) that we may be the only intelligence in this universe.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

That...doesn't really make sense. You're saying that because we evolved and formed intelligence out of so many species on earth, that means intelligent life is rare in the universe? No, that means it is rare on earth (in the scope of all life from microbes up). This fact actually has no bearing on other planets. In fact, the fact that we developed here at all means there's a very good chance (personally I say 100%, but that's just opinion) other intelligent life exists. Not too long ago we found a planet considered "earth like" near a nearby star. With the vastness of our galaxy alone (billions of star systems with planets), I think your assumption is quite unfounded. When we broaden the picture to the visible universe (again, just visible to us not the complete picture) and consider there are billions of galaxies with billions of stars each, your assumption is downright absurd. I'm not trying to be rude here.

As for aliens visiting us, I'm going to have to agree with a previous poster in that if you automatically discredit all witnesses then we better start emptying our prisons because witness testimony means nothing at all. Also, UFOs are proven, there have been thousands if not a million+ UFO sightings. What's up for debate is what they are.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think there is sufficient evidence for the existence of alien life, and it lies in sheer probability. The universe is large, and it would be quite scary if Earth was just a fluke.

I agree with the TC on his other points though. There's no solid evidence at all for extraterrestrial visitation. A few (Alright, thousands) of people who say they've seen grey aliens. Strange shapes in the sky (I've seen three UFOs myself in my short lifetime, or at the very least things I could not identify in the sky).

Much of the alien legend of modern times is nothing more than a mirror of previous beliefs. Many hope that soon humans will realize the error of our ways and our 'space brothers' will come down and save us; this is no different than legends of King Arthur rising from Avalon or [I'll take flak for this] Christ's return [that said I am a Christian, or something like it].

ATSGUY talks of the ancients affirming our theories of alien visitation; yet upon closer investigation most of that falls apart. Sure, you can interpret ancient writings to see their belief system as one of aliens, but the fact is that in most of these cultures there was little concept of "universe" and words like "heavens" and "space" would be indistinguishable.

The case isn't helped when your most famous supports are people like Erich Von Daniken and Stanton Friedman; who go to lengths of making up evidence to either make money or make their view believable.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by evanmontegarde]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Intelligent life is extremely rare (1 in billions) on our own planet. Only one being in all of known history is verified to have achieve intelligence out of the billions of life forms that have lived on earth. Only one.
You obviously don't have any animal friends. Just because my rabbits can't do my vaccuuming doesn't mean they're not intelligent. What about my ants and the honeydew farm they've deliberately set up on my roses. That's mighty intelligent if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join