It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible corrupts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In today's world, many of us are taught not to think or question anything, but rather believe what you are told. To some that might be a problem. For some time now I have questioned everything. Whether it be how something works or why something is the that it is. One of college professors has helped understand a little bit more of this concept. He said, "We are told that a leaf is green." Yeah, we can that a leaf is green, but put that same leaf under a microscope. The leaf has no color. Why do I make this comment? Simply put, culture forces people to believe things without providing sufficient evidence. Keyword in culture is cult.

Now think, if a culture can make us believe something that is not true than what says other things can do the same thing. The bible is a clear supporter of this idea. The bible contradicts itself. If you don't believe read Exodus 1 & 2. The one thing that is always said by devote Christians is Jesus = God. That statement is a lie. Whats part of God's son don't they understand. Or how about this one, if you don't believe in Jesus being your savior then you don't go to heaven. That is total b/s. How can someone say that to another person. Making that statement is contradictory to your beliefs. According to Christianity, only God can judge someone. Most people don't want to believe that they are casting out people based on religious values. That makes you no better than the KKK or Hitler. Why does it matter how you portray God to look ?

The bible also forces people to be one in the same. If you don't believe just go to your nearest church. The bible teaches violence and war. There are just too many verses to name that preach this subject. Here's the most famous one, Jesus is crucified. If you don't believe research what crucifixions entailed. If that is not one of most violent acts of all time then I don't know what is. The crusades were based on people not being followers of jesus. Millions of people died. How about the Spanish requisitions. Aztecs were killed by Catholics because they believed in a different God other than Christians. The church killed people during the middle ages because they opposed the church. Which led to the beginning of the Illuminati which is also corrupt.

Many people will say Christianity and Catholic are two different religions. No they're not. Christianity comes are Roman Catholic. The founders of Christianity are Roman Catholics and Byztine Catholics. The first bible was put together by man. They left out any scripture that deemed Jesus was human. The next time bible was put together was when it was translated. How the hell can someone translate a dead language. Latin was already dead.

The bible itself is written by man. Man himself lies all the time. So why do Christians preach word that is more than likely fallacious or mis-translated. Because Christians want everyone not to question and be one in the same. I'm not saying just the Bible corrupts, because Islams are taught killing themselves in the name of God will send them to heaven. The Qu'ran never mentions that. The reason why I mention the Christian bible is simply because so many people in America follow it. Why would a God give man free will just to say that he wants everyone to be the same?

If you push the issue far enough, you could have children here in America believing what anyone tells them and growing up living in a world of fear because their religion told them to.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

Of course the Bible corrupts. Comments like "Thou shalt not kill" are dangerous.

And reporting on Jesus being crucified by the Romans, how dare they.

I think your professor is right. You are taught evolution, and you believe evolution.

I do challenge you to produce ONE INACCURATE PROPHECY so I can be sure about the failings of the Bible. I can't find one. Talk to you professor...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sun Matrix

thou shalt not kill... just perfect in the same book that glorifies multiple genocides

how about you provide 1 accurate prophecy?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

thou shalt not kill... just perfect in the same book that glorifies multiple genocides

Exactly. It's the perfect example of "do not what you see, but what you are told." God tells us not to kill, meanwhile he's busy slaughtering all sorts of people in the Old Testament.

Sigh. Religion is so passe.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's not the Bible that corrupts but men. It's man who corrupts. All you need to do is watch church tv to see that not all interpret the Bible the same. The early church used Latin in a world in which few could read or write and only the priests were allowed to read and interpret the Bible. It always falls on the shoulders of men.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

No problem.....Isaiah 66:8

Shall a nation be born in a day.......Zion was....May 15th 1948

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Shall a nation be born in a day.......Zion was....May 15th 1948

that doesn't really count as a prophecy fulfilled, as it was fulfilled by people intending to fulfill it.

and that's quite the general prophecy... seems like it's pretty hard for something like that to go unfulfilled.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Kill, as used there was mistranslated. It should be "Thou shalt not murder".

There are reasons for wars and will be until we are all under one God. To fight in a battle is not to murder.

As far as an accurate prophecy read Psalms 22, the crucifixion Psalms, written 1,000 years before the event.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well lets see what the christian bible promotes:

Genocide, killing non-virgin brides, the stories of creation are 100% accurate, the treatment of peoples of other religions or countries, slavery, oppression of women, torturing prisoners, just to name a few.

Sorry, I can't give this book to my kids and say "read this and behave like it says." Why would I want to raise someone to ingnore science, treat others as sub-human beings, and to kill because the god says it's okay.

No thank you

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind

Kill, as used there was mistranslated. It should be "Thou shalt not murder".

There are reasons for wars and will be until we are all under one God. To fight in a battle is not to murder.

Its generally the devotees of one faith or another that need the wars.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

True, and without the devotees to God we would be speaking Japanese or German right now. As I said, there are reasons for war.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind

True, and without the devotees to God we would be speaking Japanese or German right now. As I said, there are reasons for war.

...........Whirlwind

Hitler had his church, the Japanese their faith, and in history most wars are sanctioned by competing religious authorities.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well lets see what the christian bible promotes:

Genocide, killing non-virgin brides, the stories of creation are 100% accurate, the treatment of peoples of other religions or countries, slavery, oppression of women, torturing prisoners, just to name a few.

Sorry, I can't give this book to my kids and say "read this and behave like it says." Why would I want to raise someone to ingnore science, treat others as sub-human beings, and to kill because the god says it's okay.

No thank you

He does not tell us it is okay to kill, He does not treat some as sub-human, nor does He ask us to ignore science.

Where does He condone slavery? The reference I found tells us He wants them to be released after a time. Where does He say to torture prisoners? He does tell His children to battle but you must realize there are reasons for that. Not just because they don't believe in Him but because they corrupt others.

What part of the creation story do you find opposed to science, except the part in evolution where they say we came from apes........sorry, didn't happen, nor is it proven.

In a following post you stated, Hitler had his church, the Japanese their faith, and in history most wars are sanctioned by competing religious authorities.

Religion is a great divider isn't it? Why? Because man has his hand in it. Stay away from religion and follow Christ.

I don't know what "church" Hitler had, except himself and if he wasn't led by Satan, I don't know who has been. Japan, yes they have a faith but it isn't Christ.

.............Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Where does it state that? Does it say go and murder and rape? If it does show me. God destroyed nations that became very far from him, and started to worship idols and became adulterers. Also you must remember God put us here with our own free will, so whatever we do, he will not condemn us until judgment day.

jbell1011

Most people don't want to believe that they are casting out people based on religious values. That makes you no better than the KKK or Hitler.

Well I am sorry you feel that we are no better then KKK or Nazi's, however I beg to differ. If people followed religion the right way, then people should understand to love everyone, and not just people in the same religion.

The one thing that is always said by devote Christians is Jesus = God. That statement is a lie. Whats part of God's son don't they understand. Or how about this one, if you don't believe in Jesus being your savior then you don't go to heaven. That is total b/s. How can someone say that to another person. Making that statement is contradictory to your beliefs. According to Christianity, only God can judge someone.

Jesus is the son of God, he came here and died for our sins. God wants us to recognize this, because we, as humans are the ones who killed God's son. God will judge the people, so if you do not believe Jesus saved us before then GOD will judge you and not Jesus.

The bible also forces people to be one in the same. If you don't believe just go to your nearest church. The bible teaches violence and war. There are just too many verses to name that preach this subject. Here's the most famous one, Jesus is crucified. If you don't believe research what crucifixions entailed. If that is not one of most violent acts of all time then I don't know what is. The crusades were based on people not being followers of jesus. Millions of people died. How about the Spanish requisitions. Aztecs were killed by Catholics because they believed in a different God other than Christians. The church killed people during the middle ages because they opposed the church. Which led to the beginning of the Illuminati which is also corrupt.

The Bible teaches us that we are all equal, it does not force it, leaders that manipulate it do. Leaders used the bible in order to show their followers that God said to destroy those nations, but God never said that. Jesus died because he believed he was the son of God, the Jews condemned him and killed him. It was very wrong for them to do. The churches were being led by a blind leader, and thus they conquered and killed in the name of their leaders.

Christianity is different from Catholics. "In principle, Christianity is built solely on the Holy Scriptures, the written Word of God. The Bible is our only infallible rule of faith, being sufficient to give us the sure knowledge of the Gospel for our salvation and holiness."(source)
Roman Catholicism demands submission of the intellect and will to the doctrines taught by the Roman magisterium (the Pope and bishops).
As for your Latin was dead theory, read this.

Why would a God give man free will just to say that he wants everyone to be the same?

Because he wants us to do what we want to, without being held back. If you choose to sin then so be it, if you choose to follow God's words then you will have a place in heaven.

I tried to answer your questions the best I could, I hope I was helpful.
God Bless.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Now I want to ask you a simple question:
So if the bible teaches us to kill, then who influenced Joseph Stalin, Slobodan MIilosevic, Mao Tse-Tung, what about the Atheists who committed the genocide against the Tibetans?, the murder of 7 million Christian Ukranians, Pol Pot and many other people who did not believe in any Religion? Were they influenced by the bible as well? You can throw the crusades, inquisitions, and such, I will throw the mistakes that Atheists have made before.

It is NOT because of religion people do this stuff, it is because they are being mislead. The bible did not tell us follow whatever you hear, it allows us to question this life. I question this life everyday, I keep an open mind, yet I still follow the bible.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There people go again. You just don't understand. Go read Exodus 21-7. God condones putting women into slavery. Hitler killed Jews in the name of Christ. Haven't you ever wondered why the church never stepped in and said something. If you don't believe me that the bible contradicts itself and preaches the wrong information, then go to either one of these websites.

www.infidels.org...

atheistmommydiary.blogspot.com...

There has been more than one person that has called himself the "messiah". What makes christians so much better than everyone else that only there messiah is the correct one. I'm not saying one religion is better than the other but one has to be correct and there has to be more evidence than just one book telling a story of a man. What about our "faithful" president who says he is a die hard christian but let's so many Americans and Iraqis die. Please don't say Catholic and Christians are different because both religions are using the same bible.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbell1011
There people go again. You just don't understand. Go read Exodus 21-7. God condones putting women into slavery.

Okay, you must understand at those times there were very different laws, and it was a total different time. So if you buy a servant his freedom, then he owes you 6 years of work. Do not change "servant" into slave. A servant is someone who works for something, and a slave is someone who is held captive and working for nothing. This was intended for the Hebrew servants. The same thing applies to women, if the master has a contract with her, and she marries this male servant, she must stay until she is done her contract.

The bible does not condemn slavery, however at those times it was much different then todays world.
here is a site I think you should read:
God and Slavery

Hitler killed Jews in the name of Christ. Haven't you ever wondered why the church never stepped in and said something. If you don't believe me that the bible contradicts itself and preaches the wrong information, then go to either one of these websites.

Hitler killed in the name of Christ? Christ told us that his people are Jews, so how can Hitler kill people that Jesus died for to take away their sins?
If he killed because of Christ then he was very wrong, and like I said people make mistakes. What did you want the church to say? he killed Jews and Christians. The people in Poland were Christian at the time and Jewish.
The bible has been translated from a different language, so some stuff has been paraphrased so we may understand it. But was it the same meaning the true bible intended it to be? Not sure.

There has been more than one person that has called himself the "messiah". What makes christians so much better than everyone else that only there messiah is the correct one.

Christians are not better then anyone, you are saying it not us. I am sitting here trying let you know what I know, that is it. If a Christian says that then they are wrong. I guess we base that on faith, in the end times we will find out now won't we?

I'm not saying one religion is better than the other but one has to be correct and there has to be more evidence than just one book telling a story of a man. What about our "faithful" president who says he is a die hard christian but let's so many Americans and Iraqis die. Please don't say Catholic and Christians are different because both religions are using the same bible.

Well I do not follow your president, nor do I condone what he is doing. I am a Christian, and I do not run around killing people. But look at my post before and please do not tell me Christianity is the only one that has killed before. Atheists have done many killing, so like I said people have made mistakes before and they have allowed the presence of evil within their reach.
Catholicism and Christianity use the same bible however you must read my last posts, it explains the difference. I do not say it is right to be separated, but I do not choose to worship the Vatican.
If you want to learn more about these differences please visit this page:
Cathocolism and Christianity

As for you not answering my questions, please explain them to me from an Atheist point of view.

So if the bible teaches us to kill, then who influenced Joseph Stalin, Slobodan MIilosevic, Mao Tse-Tung, what about the Atheists who committed the genocide against the Tibetans?, the murder of 7 million Christian Ukranians, Pol Pot and many other people who did not believe in any Religion? Were they influenced by the bible as well? You can throw the crusades, inquisitions, and such, I will throw the mistakes that Atheists have made before.

It is NOT because of religion people do this stuff, it is because they are being mislead. The bible did not tell us follow whatever you hear, it allows us to question this life. I question this life everyday, I keep an open mind, yet I still follow the bible.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hitler killed Jews in the name of Christ. Haven't you ever wondered why the church never stepped in and said something.

No, I haven't wondered why the church never stepped in and said anything. The Roman Church was backing the Nazis, check your history.

Haven't you ever wondered why the Vatican has never recognized the nation of Israel.

I hate to tell you, but you have had the wool pulled over your eyes.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

If you push the issue far enough, you could have children here in America believing what anyone tells them and growing up living in a world of fear because their religion told them to.

Ok, I was actually going to put some effort into this..but I just do not know where to start or end...hehe I like when a person wants to use logic to push their point but this post has so many fallacies that I just can't jump into it.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Certainly, god would have known that times would change? Seems that would be a mistake of a man-written and inspired book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join