It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible corrupts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Trinity has pagan roots. It is not a Bible teaching, but it was adopted by Christendom in the fourth century. However, long before that, there were trinities in ancient Babylon, Egypt, and other places. Christendom thus incorporated a pagan concept into its teachings. This was instigated by Roman emperor Constantine, who was not interested in the truth about this matter but wanted to solidify his empire made up of pagans and apostate Christians.

Far from being a development of a Christian teaching, the Trinity was evidence that Christendom had apostatized from the teachings of Christ and had adopted pagan teachings instead.

Why would such a doctrine develop? Certainly, God’s interests are not served by making Him, His Son, and His holy spirit confusing and mysterious. And it does not serve the interests of people to be confused. Instead, the more people become confused about God and his purposes, the better it suits Satan the Devil, God’s opposer, the ‘god of this world,’ who works to ‘blind the minds of unbelievers.’ (2 Corinthians 4:4)

Since such a doctrine makes it appear that only theologians can understand Bible teachings, it also suits the religious leaders of Christendom. This helps them to maintain their hold on the common people.

Yet, the truth about this matter is so simple that a child can understand it.

A little boy knows that he is not the same as his father but that they are two separate individuals. Similarly, when the Bible says that Jesus Christ is God’s Son, that is what it means. That is the simple truth, while the Trinity doctrine is not. It is a lie. So it must originate with “the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9)

But the simple, refreshing truths about God, his Son, Jesus Christ, and God’s powerful holy spirit free people from bondage to false teachings rooted in paganism and authored by Satan. As Jesus said to sincere truth seekers: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:32)

Taking in accurate knowledge of liberating truths, as well as acting on them, “means everlasting life.”—John 17:3.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Another scripture the churches use is John 5:18. It says that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus because “he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.” Who was saying that Jesus was making himself equal to God? Not Jesus.

He clears this up in the very next verse (19) by stating: “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing.” So Jesus did not claim that he was almighty God or equal to Him.

He was showing the Jews that they were mistaken, that he was not God, but that he was the Son of God, and as God’s spokesman, he could not act on his own initiative.

Can we imagine the almighty God of the universe saying that he could do nothing of his own initiative? So the Jews made a charge, and Jesus refuted it.

Thus, from the testimony of God in his own inspired Word, from the testimony of Jesus, and from the testimony of the disciples of Jesus, the overwhelming evidence clearly shows that almighty God and Jesus Christ are two separate personalities, Father and Son.

That evidence also clearly shows that the holy spirit is not the third person of any Trinity but God’s active force. It is futile to take scriptures out of context or to try twisting them to support the Trinity. Any such scriptures must be harmonized with the rest of the Bible’s clear testimony.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Going Back to John 1:1 which says in the King James Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

John 1:14 tells us that “the Word became flesh and resided among us.” Christendom claims that this “Word” (Greek, lo′gos) who came to earth as Jesus Christ was God Almighty himself. Yet, notice that even in the King James Version John 1:1 says “the Word was with God.” Someone who is with another person is not the same as that other person. So even from this translation, two distinct personalities are shown. Also, no third person of any Trinity is mentioned at all.

As for the King James Version’s saying in the latter part of John 1:1 that the “Word was God,” other translations say something different. Some are as follows:

1808: “and the word was a god.” The New Testament, in an Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome’s New Translation: With a Corrected Text, London.

1864: “and a god was the Word.” The Emphatic Diaglott, by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London.

1935: “and the Word was divine.” The Bible—An American Translation, by J. M. P. Smith and E. J. Goodspeed, Chicago.

1935: “the Logos was divine.” A New Translation of the Bible, by James Moffatt, New York.

1975: “and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word.” Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Siegfried Schulz, Göttingen, Germany.

1978: “and godlike sort was the Logos.” Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Johannes Schneider, Berlin.

1979: “and a god was the Logos.” Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Jurgen Becker, Würzburg, Germany.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Another scripture the churches use is John 5:18. It says that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus because “he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.” Who was saying that Jesus was making himself equal to God? Not Jesus.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Is a man greater than a woman? The Bible's parallel is clear, from a spiritual sense, that it is not talking of a measure of greatness, power, etc..but rather the woman is equal to the man, yet chooses to be submissive until the will of man, likewise Christ equal, yet submissive until the will of the Father. This is seen in the context of not only this passage, but Christs acts in the Bible as a whole. Read Philippians 2 (this supports).

You have many good points from a secular stand point. If you refer back to many of my posts you will notice I almost never inject my oppinion, not that I don't have one, but it aligns with Gods word. One knows as the Bible says: 2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

There is nothing I can add to scripture, humbly speaking, that can add to it's value other than my own personal testimony. When one becomes born again...1 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It's this born again "creature" or child of God that is revealed the depth of Gods word.

1 Corinthians 2:7-16 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
[8] Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
[10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
[15] But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

The Bible is clear, one can not know/understand spiritual things (like Gods spiritual book - the Bible). Only through the Spirit can one understand things that are spiritually discerned.

Believe what you may, disect the Word of God into bits and peices and believe as you may. This is a freedom God gives all man. But know, more importantly than knowing the translation of each word from Greek, Hebrew or Latin into English is far from as important as knowning where you will be when you pass into eternity.

You have studied much, very much, and thats great. "It's one thing to know of God, it's another to know God." - unknown

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved [Jesus].

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeronautical7

The Bible is clear, one can not know/understand spiritual things (like Gods spiritual book - the Bible). Only through the Spirit can one understand things that are spiritually discerned.

Believe what you may, disect the Word of God into bits and peices and believe as you may. This is a freedom God gives all man. But know, more importantly than knowing the translation of each word from Greek, Hebrew or Latin into English is far from as important as knowning where you will be when you pass into eternity.

You have studied much, very much, and thats great. "It's one thing to know of God, it's another to know God." - unknown

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved [Jesus].

“The true worshipers,” Jesus said, “will worship the Father with spirit and truth.” (John 4:23) Hence, the apostle Paul wrote:

Colossians 1:9
9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray and make request for you, that ye may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
American Standard Version (ASV)

Such “accurate knowledge” enables sincere individuals to put their heart and soul into their worship with full confidence because they “worship what [they] know.”—John 4:22.

Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. The Bible strongly urges the seeking for and treasuring of right knowledge, recommending it rather than gold.

(Pr 8:10 TAKE my discipline and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold.

Jesus stressed the importance of truly knowing him and his Father, and knowledge is repeatedly emphasized in the books of the Christian Greek Scriptures.—Joh 17:3

. 3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.

Although the Jewish religious leaders known as Pharisees thought their worship was acceptable to God, Jesus told them:

“Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.’”—Mark 7:6, 7.

Is it possible that we might do as the Pharisees did? This could happen if we followed religious traditions handed down to us. Warning of this very real danger, Paul wrote: “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons.”

Once again, centuries passed before the trinity became doctrine.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Out of curiosity, what church do you belong to? or what relgion/ sect to you belong too? (i.e. Mormon, Church of Christ (JW), Catholic, Baptist, Penticostal, other?

Please note I believe you may be confusing my belief in the trinity with some sort of false doctrine. Many say, God is 3 persons in one (3 in 1), which I believe isn't exactly true, but rather 1 in 3. The Bible is clear throughout there are 3 distinct offices, persons that are God (The Father, the Son, and the Spirit).

Many revised Bible versions today remove references and verses, or change verses that once made light of the deity of Christ Jesus. Hense when reading many of these versions verses appear to be missing (i.e verse 14, verse 16, verse 17...where's 15??). Some of these may provide a footnote stating: older versions..blah...

I find this facinating, as we have Christianity because Christ rose again and was seen again of 500+ (1 Corinthians 15:6) up to 40 days or so after the cross. If he had not, the disciples (having been scattered abroad) would not have carried on the New Testament we have today. We would only have the Old Testament with the promise of the savior having not yet come. Isaiah 53 sure sounds like Christ Jesus to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree that religion and belief systems are out dated, and more problematic in todays world. The amount of deaths caused strictly by personal views should be reason enough to stop them. Nobody can say what the creator wants. We're human and we have been selfish and conceded when it comes to our creation since we realized we're different than the other creatures inhabiting this mass. To claim YOU and others like yourself to be tied with the creator and he gives you infinite knowledge is trying to make claim again that you ARE better than others.

"The FEELING"- ideal

When you ask a person of obsessive religiousness "How do you know it's real? what proof is there that your text and teachings are true? And make the evidence PRESENTABLE"

They say several things that isn't proof at all that ALL religions and belief systems say:

1)I FEEL him/her/it in me. I can feel the love it gives (every belier says they FEEL it's power) if that's the case, than you can't say someone else is feeling a FALSE feeling unless you're willing to admit your feeling could be false as well. But they won't do that because they want to believe they are smarter and better than others. thus the "I'm going to heaven and you're not", "unless you join us you'll suffer", etc.

--hypocritical conceitedness--

2)The BOOK says it's his word and his word is eternal. It says not to seek their existence or question his power because you'll suffer for it(again more suffering). Why is it that a REAL love everyone and everything for you are all connected belief like Buddhism is dubbed "evil" and "false truth", but the belief that considers blood shed a form of natural punishment is "holy", "righteous", "loving", "peaceful", all around PERFECT LOVING BELIEF?

--Claiming that beliefs that are truly peaceful with everything go to hell. Your love for people doesn't matter in God's eyes, the only thing that matters is that you bow to him and do whatever he says or he'll punish you... I'm sorry but there is a word for that, oh look at that...SLAVE. "Give the church 10% of your money" -no, I need it to feed my family- "disobeying an order of GOD??!?!" *put to death for not giving the church money for their alcoholic wine*

3)The biggest lie of religious/belief followers...*drum roll*............................................

"I was BORN believing in Jesus and God Almighty!!". biggest lie I've ever heard by countless "Christians" that break almost every rule possible and than justify it with bible parables that have nothing to do with the situation.
Christianity has to be LEARNED, nobody is born with superstition or knowledge of a creator other than their parent(s). Children are brainwashed at an early age with the neo-Christian ideals, and they are created from taking all the sins other than what THEY take part in, and make them appear 1000000 times worse than than another. That's why there are children growing up beating homosexuals, killing them, treating them like they're lower than human, and they justify the prejudice and segregation of certain parts of society JUST because the bible says what they do is a sin. well no sin is greater than another right? so how is it that a strong heterosexual believer of Christianity can say t homosexual Christians "fag, you're going to hell, god hates homosexuals you'll suffer for your sins", and THAT is supposed to be RIGHTEOUS??!! In real concepts of what the bible says, that prostitutes have more of a chance to get into heaven than priest or a self proclaimed Christian or profit. why you ask? God would rather take the person who is sinning that ISNT claiming his allegiance, than take someone who claims his allegiance, sins, and say it's OK, or it's not their fault.
I have more of a chance to get into their heaven than a Christian. Not because I'm better,not because I'm anointed blah blah, but because I choose to follow my own path that doesn't use other peoples words to connect with the creator.I am me

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Many, or all religions are wrong, but the bible itself does not corrupt, or contradict. Have you ever read the original bible? Most 98% of people have not. Constantine and King James have done a fine job at clouding your mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Many feel that the King James Version is the only one that should be used.
But to get a clear understanding of wthe thought the Bible writer intended to convey other translations should be consulted.

For instance at 1Cor 10:25 the King James reads,

25Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

Now tell me, how many people underatand what the word shambles means here? To most people the word shambles conveys something completely different from what the Bible writer meant.

In modern vernacular a shambles is a a place that is wrecked, in great disarrray.

However the Archaic definition means a meat market.

Another example: to “let” used to mean to “hinder.” Today the meaning usually attached to the expression is just the opposite, to “permit.” (2 Thess. 2:7)

Likewise, to “prevent” used to mean to “go before” or to “precede.” Today it means to “keep from happening.” (1 Thess. 4:15)

“Conversation” used to mean “conduct.” Today it most often refers to talking with another. (Phil. 1:27)

The point is, to get the clear understanding more than one version or text should be consulted. King James Version was just that....his version.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Sparky63]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

Killing someone because they don't believe in the same things you do - WAR - is the same thing as murder.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind

God is a God of love and He is fair. He is also a God of vengeance and a jealous God.

There is nothing loving about vengeance, nor is there fairness in jealousy.
Vengeance is about anger/rage, not justice. Jealousy is about fear (of loss), insecurity, and greed (viewing someone as a possession). Neither Love nor Fairness enter into either of these emotions, as by their very nature they are all-consuming and leave no room for gentler emotions.

When you say He wanted them to "save the virgin ladies for a post-slaughter rape" you are wrong. No where did it say that. The Medians were to be killed, in a war, because of the atrocities they committed. In other words, they broke the laws, rules and commandments God laid out and they were causing God's chosen to do the same.

One of those laws was rape. So....do you believe He would have sanctioned saving the virgins to be raped? It is more likely they were to be saved, as they had not been contaminated, for marriage with the Israelites. They would not be marrying out of their family as Median was part of that family.

.........Whirlwind

I see... and what were the virgin 'ladies' (who were most likely between 13 and 15, considering the time) other choice at the time, beside 'voluntarily ' marrying an Israelite who had just participated in the slaughter of her ENTIRE family (ie., parents, grandparents, cousins, brothers, aunts, married sisters, infant boys (because 'God' commanded Moses to slaughter every-one, including boy child/infant so that they wouldn't grow up to later take vengeance unpon the marauding band of murderous thugs that the Israelite army were)), death? Scared girls, just barely into puberty? If someone gives themselves under threat of death, than it's hardly voluntary, now is it? Sounds like rape to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jbell1011

"Love others as you would love yourself."

"Do not speak evil of one another, brothers."

"Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the selfish."

"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven"

Oh yeah... That's corruption of the most insidious type.

Luckily for us, very few people read this filth or take it seriously!

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3ftcrow
There is nothing loving about vengeance, nor is there fairness in jealousy.
Vengeance is about anger/rage, not justice. Jealousy is about fear (of loss), insecurity, and greed (viewing someone as a possession). Neither Love nor Fairness enter into either of these emotions, as by their very nature they are all-consuming and leave no room for gentler emotions.

Hebrew and Greek words translated “jealousy” in the Bible carry a wide range of meanings. They can have either a positive or a negative connotation, depending on how the words are used. For instance, the Hebrew word translated “jealousy” can mean “insistence on exclusive devotion; toleration of no rivalry; zeal; ardor; jealousy [righteous or sinful]; envying.” The corresponding Greek word has a similar meaning. These words can refer to a warped, distorted emotion toward a suspected rival or one believed to be enjoying an advantage. (Proverbs 14:30) They can also refer to a positive expression of a God-given quality—wanting to protect a loved one from harm.—2 Corinthians 11:2.

This is whay it means when God is described as a jealous God. He guards and protects his Soverignty. As Creator he has every right to expect his creation to give him exclusive devotion. So that is why in the scriptures there is condemnation over the practice of Idolatry. Rending worship to the creation rather than the creator.

No his is not guilty of a sin by being a Jealous God.
As regards a specific example; heres one.
Writing about his jealous feelings for fellow believers in the Corinthian congregation, Paul said: “I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, for I personally promised you in marriage to one husband that I might present you as a chaste virgin to the Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:2) So, too, our jealousy moves us to do all we can to protect the doctrinal, spiritual, and moral purity of all in the congregation.

I hope that helps

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
It's not the Bible that corrupts but men. It's man who corrupts. All you need to do is watch church tv to see that not all interpret the Bible the same. The early church used Latin in a world in which few could read or write and only the priests were allowed to read and interpret the Bible. It always falls on the shoulders of men.

BRAVO.
Very well said.

Mankind has the unfortunate tendency to corrupt everything it lays its hands on. Sad, but true.

It's funny, though, how it's only the religions who get singled out, whereas you won't usually hear much about the same type of corruption of all other human 'enterprises'. I won't even mention the splitting of the atom as an example - the 'Enlightenment' movement - and other modern 'egalitarian' movements in general (in light of the atrocities their philosophy degenerated into) - should be much more fitting an example...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

God is a God of love and He is fair. He is also a God of vengeance and a jealous God.

There is no "God of vengeance" (or "jealousy") in the New Testament - the only testament that should be relevant to Christians, that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join