It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Rides the Beast - Roman Catholic Church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Mary was the flesh mother of Jesus.
When you pray to a dead person, it's called necromancy, and it's forbidden by the bible.
When someone told Jesus "Blessed is the womb that bare thee and the paps which thou hast sucked" what did he say?? He said "Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

She's not dead, I see you have nothing to say as i have already proven my point beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'll redirect you to something: your own ignorance. the catholic church is no less christian than any other sect of christianity. in fact, i'd say protestantism is far more removed from the early teachings of christianity the catholicism, which is quite obvious when you look into the history of christianity.

Would that be the ROMAN catholic church?

Didn't the ROMANS kill Jesus?

It's a simplistic argument I know but something must have happened to cause such a reversal in Roman thinking. Catholicism certainly spent a lot of time perpetuating their take on Jesus but never really did much to address the core issues in his teachings which may suggest that they merely used Jesus to further their church.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
The communion, which represents Jesus as the passover lamb,
took a whole new meaning for the
roman church. (the priest performing transubstantiation, whereby he supposedly changes the wafer and wine into the body and blood of Jesus. Non-adherants have been burned at the stake, skinned alive,etc..see Halley's writings.
Also Pope John Paul the second wrote that indeed Mary was the immaculate mother of God, because the divine blood first flowed through her.
He also was vigorously trying to make the virgin mary, Co-Redemptrix on the same level as Jesus...

Oy. The communion did not change its meaning due to the Catholic Church. The Church kept it's meaning in the face of normally literalist Protestants who for some reason do not believe the word of Jesus in this case.

I have no idea where this 'non-adherents' stuff comes into it.

Pope John Paul II DID NOT try to equate Mary with Jesus. It would have been very easy for him to do say something like that. Who would gainsay him? But he DIDN'T.

As the official teachings of the Church are VERY CLEAR that Mary is not divine or part of the Trinity it seems that the burden of proof is on you to show some substantiation to your claim that although the Church teaches VERY CLEARLY that Mary is not divine, the Church actually is 'subliminally' teaching something else.

Eric

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde

It's a simplistic argument

Wow, is that really your argument, didn't Jesus say that he came for the gentiles as well as the Jews?

I can't believe you are against people (Romans) who heard the good word and believed it. Talk about hypocrisy.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde

It's a simplistic argument I know but something must have happened to cause such a reversal in Roman thinking. Catholicism certainly spent a lot of time perpetuating their take on Jesus but never really did much to address the core issues in his teachings which may suggest that they merely used Jesus to further their church.

Wow. That's it. FINALLY someone found the real truth behind the RCC. The people who killed Christ were Roman, so therefor the Roman Catholic Church must be apostate. Gotcha.

Wait a minute. I just realized something. They were actually soldiers. Maybe soldiers shouldn't be trusted. Ok. I think we have it now. And weren't they working for the local government? This is all fitting together now. Don't trust government workers. They killed Christ. Got it.

I need to check on this, but didn't George Lucas use ROMAN NUMERALS when numbering the Star Wars episodes??!!??!! This conspiracy is HUGE!

Eric

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Wow, is that really your argument, didn't Jesus say that he came for the gentiles as well as the Jews?

I can't believe you are against people (Romans) who heard the good word and believed it. Talk about hypocrisy.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

No, I am just pointing out that the system responsible for the death of Jesus later perpetuated a version of it and certainly profited from it. I am not 'against' the Romans per se just making a point.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Wait a minute. I just realized something. They were actually soldiers. Maybe soldiers shouldn't be trusted. Ok. I think we have it now. And weren't they working for the local government? This is all fitting together now. Don't trust government workers. They killed Christ. Got it.

It only takes a small element of any population to organize an assasination. Crime and greed are not democratic processes requiring the a consenting public. (Not that a consenting public would have been important to Roman leaders)

I need to check on this, but didn't George Lucas use ROMAN NUMERALS when numbering the Star Wars episodes??!!??!! This conspiracy is HUGE!

Eric

Yeah, most films do. They must all be in it- Roman numerals are controlling my mind!!! ARRRRGH, Muuust...resist....nuummerals...

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Mary was the flesh mother of Jesus.
When you pray to a dead person, it's called necromancy, and it's forbidden by the bible.
When someone told Jesus "Blessed is the womb that bare thee and the paps which thou hast sucked" what did he say?? He said "Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."

[edit on 6-9-2007 by Clearskies]

So I am assuming that you believe that once someone has died they are no longer considered part of the Church and are removed from the injunction found in James 5:16?

(Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.)

I don't think that Jesus was contradicting the man in your quote, rather he was directing him to how that person could be blessed. Or do you think that Elizabeth in Luke 1:42 was mistaken?

BTW, necromancy is almost always considered to be a summoning and binding of a dead spirit to use it in divination. Clearly not what Catholics are doing.

Eric

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Can someone provide a synopsis of the video? I'm hesitant to spend an hour watching it.

Is it a rehashing of the poor scholarship of Hislop?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

took a whole new meaning for the
roman church. (the priest performing transubstantiation, whereby he supposedly changes the wafer and wine into the body and blood of Jesus. Non-adherants have been burned at the stake, skinned alive,etc..see Halley's writings.
Also Pope John Paul the second wrote that indeed Mary was the immaculate mother of God, because the divine blood first flowed through her.
He also was vigorously trying to make the virgin mary, Co-Redemptrix on the same level as Jesus...

I have no idea where this 'non-adherents' stuff comes into it.

That's my word "non-adherants"
Anyone who denied the church's beliefs on transubstantiations
They're included on this site.history of the churches

Pope John Paul II DID NOT try to equate Mary with Jesus. It would have been very easy for him to do say something like that. Who would gainsay him? But he DIDN'T.

here's a site on that. Pope

Do you believe Mary was without sin? She went to the temple after Jesus was born to make sacrafices for sin.
Do you believe she never died?
She was only human and praying to humans is sin,

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

From the site that you provided:

Mary is not equal with the Redeemer -- she is a finite creature, while Jesus is the infinite Creator. Rather, she suffered WITH the Redeemer in his act of saving us. She cooperated WITH the plan of redemption by consenting to become the Mother of the Redeemer. From his conception till his birth till his ministry till his death, Mary was WITH the Redeemer.

That clearly refutes the belief that we believe Mary to occupy the same position as Christ or is equal to Christ.

The last part of the Hail Mary is "...pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death." Why would Catholics ask her to pray for us if we thought her divine or equated her with Christ?

Eric

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meatclown
you prey to mary all the time. "holy mary, mother of god, prey for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death"

PRAY. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. So what? Christians are supposed to ask others to pray for them. We ask Jesus mother to pray for us. It's CHRISTIAN to have others pray for you and to ask them to.

what it is about mary that makes her devine?

:shk: Read the catechism. The Catholic Church does NOT say Mary is divine. She is NOT God.

she gave birth to the man, not to his divine soul. She is NOT the mother of god.

When a human mother gives birth to a child she gives birth to his body AND his soul. The soul is generated by God, but it is still the mother who gives birth to the body with the soul. Your mother is the mother of you. Mary is the mother of Christ, the Son of God, who is Divine. Therefore, she is the mother of God.

It's really rather simple.

Then why all the statues? Theres more statues of mary in my old catholic church than there are of jesus. Why all the prayers?

Statues? You don't have photos of people you like in your home? Same thing. Why all the prayers? Are you kidding? We are supposed to pray for each other.

why is that sacrifice replayed every week in the catholic religion? Why do we have to go through a priest to be forgiven by jesus?

All in scripture - and all in the catechism. Try reading it sometime.

Seems like well disguised paganism to me.

Because you are uneducated and haven't bothered to read the catechism. Do you get your 'education' about catholics via Jack Chick or a fundi 'minister'? :shk:

i know what it is.

You haven't got a clue. Otherwise you wouldn't be so ignorant of what goes on in a Catholic church and WHY it goes on.

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Was Mary the conduit through which God passed through from heaven to earth? Or was she physically impregnated by a divine action?

Both.

Co-Redemptrix on the same level as Jesus...

Co .. as in 'with' .. not equal to. But with. Read the church documents.
(and this thought hasn't had 'dogma approval'. )

took a whole new meaning for the roman church.

It didn't 'take on a new meaning' for the Roman Catholic Church since the early church documents show clearly that the Eucharist being the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ was ALWAYS the meaning. (see also John 6). 'This IS my body, this IS my blood, do this in rememberence of me'.

Do you believe Mary was without sin? She went to the temple after Jesus was born to make sacrafices for sin.

Do you believe Christ sinned? He went to the river and was baptised by John to wash away his sins.

**Like I said - just an out let for those who have no clue what the Catholic church believes, or why it believes it. (and they dont' want to be educated).

[edit on 9/10/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

took a whole new meaning for the roman church.

Flyersfan said,

Do you believe Christ sinned? He went to the river and was baptised by John to wash away his sins.

When Christ came to the river Jordan to be baptised, what did John say about him? He said "Behold the lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." Jesus did not deny that.
He came as THE Passover Lamb. The passover lamb would be taken by the head of the household, (without spot or blemish) and they would transfer the sins of the household onto that lamb. It would then be killed as a sacrifice to God.
Jesus had NO sin, but he took ours so that we could be forgiven by a just God,our Father.
Mary was not so...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In all actuallity, Azazel is the beast. Azazel and Satan being two different angels/demons. The book of Enoch tells of Azazel as well as a lot more. The Roman Catholic church decided to omit it from the christian bible a long time ago. The book remained/s in the vatican vault.

So, technically speaking, the vatican is sitting on the beast.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join