It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Sending a Time Capsule out to Space what would be in it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So your sending a time capsule out to space in hopes of it someday being found by someone from space. What would you put in it?

Me? I would take a picture of myself and my cat in my backyard showing nature and the sky, and then put it into the capsule.
I would also put a self written note with the date.(not they would necessarily be able to read it though)
I would also put in a trinket of the planet earth, whether its a keychain or whatever just some trinket showing the planet earth.
Next, I think I would add in my handprint (showing all the lines as would a fingerprint)
Lastly for now, I would also add a seashell and other tidbits of the earth like a flower, some grass, a cool rock maybe even a gem/crystal maybe a butterfly in a display case, and other little earth things.

So...What would you add in your capsule?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Art. Lots of art.
From cave paintings, to our modern
stuff.

Music, in one form or another. Lots
of music. All types.

Random pictures. From love to war.
Cover it all.

Smells. Again, all types. From a
forest, to a city to a battle-field.

A presentation of our galaxy from
all angles, showing our Solar System
and the origin of the capsule.

All I can think of, presently.

Great thread.

Lex

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
wow lex, that is going to be one of, if not the best time capsule ever. my capsule kinda sucks now, they'll probably end up sending it back lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
double post, now they're definitely going to send it back.

[edit on 9/2/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I would send copies of our newspapers and a note telling someone to "please come save me from this planet!". Of course I would probably just end up as another abduction victim.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd send photos of my kids playing in the garden with the cats & rabbits running round.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Very interesting thread

I'd send up;

Pictures of me and my family, and our pet cat lol

and as stated above,

Lots of music and artwork.

Maybe a brief history of the human race,

And a note to invite the Alien race who dicovers it to earth, (hopefully theyre a peacful race lol) and NOT to contact the government first lol!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
if you want to show them what this place is really about, you send them nude pics and dollar notes and ATS archived on disc.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I would send
-all of my personal photos

-A CD Player with lots of CDs (Power might be a problem but im sure they could figure thay out)

-A Blood sample

-A cuddly Toy/ Wobbly man

-A mobile phone

-A laptop

-a DVD with a days worth of National Geographic

-a world Map

-details of where earth is

-A collection of Earths Languages and alphabets

-a collection of art

-a whoopie cushion

-and finally.. a message telling them to hurry up and sort this mess of a planet out.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would send up:
1: pictures of earths landscapes and cities
2: pictures of every living creature, plant, and organisim.
3: copies of religious text, like bible, koran, etc.
4: a note telling them not to make an atomic bomb, and to not make war over religion, its just not worth it.
5: music of all kinds
6: timeline of earths history

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
wow verry good ideas everyone but i'm surprised that noone is including a securely sealed jar of water. Although I must admit I just thought of that now. I might also send a jar with a single ant in it, of course i would have to add ant food but if it did die it would still be cool. And maybe like a snippet of my hair. and i would also add a human skull which can be found here: www.boneroom.com and maybe something like a birds feather.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
- A collection of video/audio discs representing the whole of documented human existence thus far ... to include a player with as long a life expectancy and power support possible.

- Sealed samples of air, water, and soil ... from varied global locations.

- A simple "Horton Hears A Who"-type message ..."We Are Here!"

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
- A collection of video/audio discs representing the whole of documented human existence thus far ... to include a player with as long a life expectancy and power support possible.

Exactly. I would probably also send human DNA samples and other bio data that would be needed to make humanity over again.

By the time any intelligent life comes into contact with the capsule mankind will probably be over.

And Elvis, lots of Elvis

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
. And maybe like a snippet of my hair .

Hi there good buddy. Have you seen the movie The Last Mimzy?

It's primarly a kids movie, but you seem to be young at heart.

Two children receive a 'box of toys' from the future. DNA plays a role in the movie in a charming way.

(Hope you had a great holiday!)

Great thread.

I'd add a couple kids drawings showing cool stuff like holding hands in a ring, playing ball with puppies, sun and flowers everywhere. Give them a sense of our fun and creativity, eh?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Badge thank you. I hope you had a great holiday as well, no I have not seen The Last Mimzy yet but my younger sister is anxious too.

I am very surprised by everyones nice-ness in their capsules.
I do believe that there was some sort of capsule sent up to space with earth things inside does anyone remember hearing about that?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Pioneers and Voyager "twins" carry time capsules... The contest to "add" to the "Golden Record" on Voyager closes Sept 5th 2007.

NASA blog with contest: "What Would You Put on a New Golden Record".

The Voyager Mission Homepage at JPL, here.

Me? I'd send both a welcome and a warning about humans...

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 4-9-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
V Kaminski, I wonder why exactly they put it on a record? As opposed to things that can be felt and handled as in textures and such. Also I wonder how the data is revealed off of the record?

Any guesses?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why a record (As in a master LP made of Gold)? There was no other "durable" medium capable of holding that amount of data at the time (likely before you were born). Why no "textured" touchy-feely stuff? Just a guess, but I'd say mass and storage space had something to do with that.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
DNA. All kinds. Every kind. As many as I could squish into whatever storage medium we would be using (Ima low tech kinda gal. I don't know know how much info could be stored, maybe a lot, maybe a little) Plants. microbes. bacteria. animals. Every livin friggin thing we have mapped so far. Plus maybe some elemetary education in the reconstruction of carbon life forms. (You know, air, water, stuff like that.....)

Ark it out.

But wait a minute, I just re-read what I wrote and on second thought I pick just lichens and mosses. Maybe some plants. That would be a sweet trick of having someone terra form a planet for us....lol...

Something to think about if we ever find a harmless looking shiny disc full of information someday...........

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i would put a cd player and the new cd of killah priest called the offering, for those darn aliens up there..lol..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join