It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Sending a Time Capsule out to Space what would be in it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I didn't read after the 3rd post so lol..

I would put a like dvd projection player er actually blu-ray? since it can have a lot more on it..and like when they open the capsule it would play the blu-ray thing and show like all the things on earth, different cultures and all different animals and plants and even how far we advanced as far as technology goes like from knife to sword to laser type of thing...kind of like a discovery channel+national geographic+science channel into it lol

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I wonder what would be a 'bad' thing to put in the capsule? Any guesses? What would you not want to send to space?

[edit on 9/4/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What not to send?

o any biological material which might be infective;
o third rock from the Sun (our specific location);
o too sophisticated technology (we already can't read 5.25" floppies);
o indications of man's inhumanity to man (they'd never believe it);
o our DNA (wouldn't want an alien species to be able to regen us for exploitation purposes).

(how's that for the dark side?)

One thing I've frequently talked about is the danger of infective contamination with an alien virus.

As Stephen Hawking said, it might be best to keep our heads down until we're space faring.

Some fascinating reading out there about media storage and what would be readable 'x' years in the future. One study was commissioned primarily to discover the best way to mark storage of spent nuclear material as dangerous.

Sure we have our dark side, but some people are also almost pure light. Why dwell on the evil? As in the 'Fifth Element' that will be all too apparent with the observation of our nuclear testing.

Though it's an interesting thought about leaving clonable material, I wouldn't want to risk the scenario in "Battlefield Earth", and other films like it. (Damn dirty apes)

2 cents.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I support the notion that Badge01 has put forwrd; no incriminating evidence (they'd never believe how nasty humans can be anyway) and nothing potentially harmful to them(s) or us would be the ideal I'd strive for... DO NO HARM.

It's September 5th 2007. Happy 30th anniversary to Voyager 1 and her "Golden Record" timecapsule. Badge's avatar was "assimilated" by Voyager's Hollywood doppelganger "Vee-Ger" in a Star Trek movie 28 years ago... and "she's" still collecting data exploring "New Horizons"!!!

Regards from the New Horizon Mission Page to the Grand Dame of voyagers, Voyager.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

A Green Bay Packers helmet, a football, an unopened can of beer (pick your fav. lol), and some vacuum packed hooters 911 buffalo wings.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The illest drum n bass and jungle ceedees and vinyls.

And equipment to play the CDs and Rekkids. Two turntables, a mixer, a microphone, and at least one amplifier.

And a how to DJ manual!

Oh yeah, the Necronommicon lolz.

They'd read that shiett and think we can all summon Demons!

Pikachu I choose you!

Also I'd put in it:

The alphabet
A how-to on English language
Then a short history of the World, written by ME
A rifle with bullets
Marijuana seeds, Opium Poppy seeds, Coca Plant seeds, other medicinals..
A bag of miracle grow planting soil
The Holy Bible (with a warning sticker on it: do not take literally) NO KING JAMEZ VERSION! NEW HOLMAN CHRISTIAN STANDARD BEYOOTCH.
The Torah
The Qu'ran
Photographs of some of the most craziest stuff ever caught on film

[edit on 9/5/2007 by runetang]

[edit on 9/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
Well I wonder what would be a 'bad' thing to put in the capsule? Any guesses? What would you not want to send to space?

[edit on 9/4/2007 by agent violet]

back to my dvd blu-ray thing

don't send like stuff about history like the holocaust and stuff or like war and all that..just the good stuff i guess, and dont show our weapons i guess?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would send them a funny letter and see just what kind of sense of humor they have....

Oh, and i would send them this website- who knows, maybe we can get those criters to post something here. Like what do they want?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
I do believe that there was some sort of capsule sent up to space with earth things inside does anyone remember hearing about that?

I did a quick search and found this :

The KEO satellite is a satellite space time capsule which will be launched in 2009 or 2010 carrying messages from the citizens of present Earth to humanity 50,000 years from now, when the satellite orbiting Earth will return. This project is supported by UNESCO (who voted it Project of the 21st Century), Hutchison Whampoa and the European Space Agency, among other institutions.

KEO was supposed to be launched but it has been postponed several times.
You can send a message to be sent aboard KEO here

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hey what a cool thread! i needed a break from all the crazy stuff goin on here. I would have to send a skydiving rig with a instruction video so they can find out what its like to live life my style. a brazilian jiu jitsu video so they can see some of human martial arts, music for sure, pictures of my self and family. and some of "my soldiers" if you know what i mean so i can maybe have kids on another planet, but thats probably not possible. i almost forgot a 12 pack of budlight.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by xHADEEZx]

[edit on 8-9-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
A picture of our planet and thousands of mathematical equations that were so wrong that the aliens would bypass our planet by any means necessary. Maybe a urine sample also...hey you never know, they might need it for something like powering their ship.

[edit on 8/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I woulld put in a copy of Douglas Adams' 'Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy' five book trilogy just to prove that we aren't all TV zombies and brain-dead idiots.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm sure news of us has spread around most of the galaxy by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join