It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution happened this decade.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I agree with you on certain pionts of your theory, but as a whole I disagree. Jesus made perfectly mature creatures and I would like to see you prove that fact wrong. On another note I appologize for insulting you. I should have been more mature. But you have my pity becuase you do not know Him. No offence, but you are a fool to believe the lies of this world; and who is more of a fool? The fool, or the one that believes him? God Bless

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bookworm333

ERm Jesus christ made mature creatures? i though jesus christ was born from the "virgin" mary after and angel came down from heaven to tell her god has chosen her, she is the chosen one to look after the son of god and have jesus grow in her womb? So weren't animals and creatures around before jeus was even born? or becuase jesus is part of the trinity along with the "holy" ghost, and God, theya re all as one, so when you say jesus christ created mature creatures/animals you really mean god created mature creature/animals? I'm just wondering, when jesus was praying, who was he praying to? becuase if jesus christ is god, isn't he just talking to himself? thanking himself for all the things he created, the food he created for himself to eat, the world, and all the other souls he created himself? And im not sayhing it's all bad because welll, i talk to myself too, and so do people in asylums and stuff, old poeple too ;-P

Pick up yourself ;-P

Go here and tell me your spiritual experiences/ what you believe spiritually in ;-P

Take a read of mine and tell me waht you think...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Wow, jesus made mature creatures. now i have heard it all. I thought that Jesus was born in a stable thus indicating that animals that live in a stable existed. Did they build the stable because someone had made a prediction that animals were soon to be invented? Oh hold on.. what did the wise men get to bethlehem on? Cos im sure motorbikes werent around back then

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Mate you're telling me not to believe autors just because of what i've read, and im teling you just because you've been brought into the world and brought up in a society that says something is true doesn't amke it true or real or fact. It's like believeing the world is flat because everyone knows that and says that and therefore its true and real and fact. worlds round buddy... thats a real round fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
wow...after reading so much debate over Christ...by the time I reached the end of the thread, I forgot what the original topic was. Shuddup, you dumb God lover!

My favorite quote from a Marilyn Manson song
"If God was alive, you know we'd kill you"

we already did too haha

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Actually here is a more convincing proof of recent evolution. Once this baby begins to have babies of his own his uniqueness is likely to spread and hundreds of years from now there could be many humans with similar strength.

External Source

No need to fight evolution if you believe in god. Everything that happens is gods will right? =). You may just misunderstand how god is changing our world or creating us in his image...think about that for a bit

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I wouldn't call that evolution, it's a genetic disorder. Although very impressive! Evolution is something changing to adapt to it's surroundings over generations.

I suppose if this genetic disorder can be passed onto his children then it could spread over hundreds of years so that more and more people are born with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I wouldn't call that evolution, it's a genetic disorder. Although very impressive! Evolution is something changing to adapt to it's surroundings over generations.

no, evolution is MUTATIONS that survive because they are useful to the survival of a creature, not adaptations developing because of an environment.

the mutations may survive because they could be considered adaptations , but the mutations aren't dependent on the environment.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I stand corrected en.wikipedia.org...

...but how is this useful?

[edit on 3-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Human activity can accelerate changes if you consider the result of the escalating war on crop destroying insects where the latest insecticide may kill most of a species off but a few will survive due to a genetic resistance - this results in the next generations all being resistant so the next battle requires stronger/different insecticide to have any chance of reducing the population. The same thing is evident in the use of antibiotics against infectious bacteria where highly resistant and dangerous strains are now emerging.

Human assisted accelerated evolution is what's happening and natural environmental pressures get the same result - it's called adaptation.

This isn't at odds with creation theories if you consider all forms of life have this inbuilt ability to adapt to changing environments. It gives all species the best possible chance of surviving.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the mutations may survive because they could be considered adaptations , but the mutations aren't dependent on the environment.

But consider the situation where a mutation has specific advantages in a changed environment allowing it to become dominant. Without the environmental change factor the mutation will remain on equal or possibly disadvantaged footing compared to the main population.

A good example is the tiger snake populations on islands near here. They are physically much larger than the mainland population for a very good reason IE the only food available to them is the newly hatched birds in ground nests and the only ones that could survive are those that grow large enough to be able to eat enough of these birds before the nesting season is over allowing the snakes to make it through to the next nesting season. So the specific genes for fast growth and large adult size were forced to become dominant just on those small islands while a diversity of sizes remained viable in the mainland environment.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Evolution is defined by a creature changing over time to adapt to changes around it.

We've all seen the dog-like creature that became the dolphins and whales of today, Right? And AIDS didn't exist in humans only 50 years ago, right?.

AIDS mutated and evolved to adapt to the human body, as would a dog like creature mutate and evolve to adapt to water over land. The two are the same, just on a different scale. like it or not, it's evolution.

Bird flu didn't effect humans a decade ago either. A new species formed that effected human genealogy just last year.

Any comments? Have I proved that evolution is ongoing and still happening today?

Off course evolution is all around us. I can remember an article about a certain group of butterflies that were nearly wiped out by a parasite, it took just ten generations for them to evolve a protection and now they flourish
once again.

butterflies evolve

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Good Lord, so much krap.

Proof Of God?
Animals seem to know what they will evolve into: like the bacteria that is born in a stalk, gets craped out, eventually gets into a frog, mutates the frog, then gets back into the stalk to reproduce. All that by chance?

Proof of Jesus?
Asian heretics that broke off from Christianity eons before Romans accepted it trace their roots back to Jesus.

AIDS created? HA, why? Why would you create a virus that would obviously come back to bite you in the ass. Not to mention genomes were just being discovered in the 50's. We didn't even know how to read DNA for crimes yet.
A tad bit premature to be able to make it.

Now back to the main topic

Proof of evolution?
Dinosaurs had beaks, Whales have leg bones, Raptors had feathers, and bird flu.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
bookworm333 wrote,

Refutational pointsunder the circumstances that the evolution process has been over millions of years) First lets start with a work of "evolution",the giraffe.The mature bull giraffe is approx. 18 ft. tall. To pump blood up its neck it would need a powerful pump. It is so powerful that if the animal bent its head down to get a drink the pressure would rupture the blood vessels of its brain! Given the evolutionist facts that the creature can evolve itself without conciously doing so, I have two facts to debunk this "fact": 1. The creature would have to have the problem to know to correct it, but by the time it realizes its default it would already be dead! 2. The change must happen rapidly to prevent the extinction of this animal, but given the evolutionist facts, it would have to substain from drinking for thousands of years before the "evolution" was complete. To be continued in the next reply.

First, lets confirm that giraffes can bend down to drink water.
www.youtube.com...

Now lets look at how giraffes have evolved.
Giraffes came from a short necked ancestor that slowly evolved over time to a long neck. This happened because the longer necked giraffe's thrived as food was always more available. The shorter necked versions died out probably during times of famine where ground foliage and mid level foliage was scarce and there was competition.

Giraffe's didn't need to know how to evolve at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nice come back with the vids, but that bacteria is in no chance, by chance. How could a single celled organism evolve to take advantage of an entire food chain by chance? Someone somewhere made that little bugger do it, because it sure didn't do it by itself unless it observed the food chain and evolved into it.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Am I the only one arguing for creationism? No offence but I feel sorry for you guys that youd let a 14 yr old piss you off. Im going to aswer your questions and then Id like to take this argument over to the new thread I just made.It is titled: The argument over the existence of God (and I want to debate the existence of God in evolution vs. creation). First, the Trinity is made up of Father, son, and Holy spirit. They are all one at the same time they are three separate. I dont know how to explain this yet becuase it is hard for the human mind to fathom. I am still looking for answers to my own questions. When Jesus was praying he was praying to God his Father. Not to himself. I actually asked this exact question recently and I am still trying to comprehend it. I think the best explanation is: the three parts make a whole. Just as three thirds make a whole. Without the other parts it is incomplete. To be continued...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Gaining fat from overeating, more carbohydrates, lack of exercise is NOT evolution, it is simply getting fat. Simply a process of having too much input energy compared to output energy causing the body to metabolise that extra energy into fat storage cells. It's not evolution, just well fed. It's like a dog eating too much. ot evolution, just getting fat. too much food. needs to diet.

I know I was reaching there, however, notice that this is not just a few people here and there getting fat. It is a whole country becoming obese, and I am fairly certain it can be attributed to technology such as growth hormones in our food, GMOs, and in general the processing of our food, throw computers and TV in the mix... you know.

While I don't believe the majority of obese people are genetically predisposed to being fat, that is what the media is constantly telling us, that there is a fat gene. At least they are telling us that in the US. Like you, I don't really buy it, but I hope we are right, because if not, then it could truly mean that we are evolving into a fatter form. Though I guess you cold then argue that, if that were the case, natural selection would eventually run it's course via heart disease and the like.

edit: grammer

[edit on 2007/9/3 by evilod]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Look up double slit expirement, it will help you comprehend

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Don't forget, if evolution doesn't exist, we humans sure are making it exist, we will when we go to Mars and have to go and genetically edit things to grow better in cold and the likes. If we can, why not God?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Bird flu didn't effect humans a decade ago either. A new species formed that effected human genealogy just last year.

Any comments? Have I proved that evolution is ongoing and still happening today?

Actually 'bird flu' (H5N1) killed millions of people around the globe during WWI. Back then, they called it simply 'Spanish Flu'. Scientists have recently managed to dig up bodies from that period and isolate the pathogen - H5N1.

But yes, I agree with you - evolution is beyond any *credible* doubt: examples of it are everywhere,. - alive and fossilised. It's only the religious psudeo-scientists (of whom most are NOT scientists of any kind) who dispute evolution, and their theories are completely laughable! But evolution threatens their interpretation of the Bible - and along with it, God. So they are trying every desperate argument they can muster to throw doubt on evolution. But anyone with an average intelligence and an eduction can easily see the glaring holes in their childish rantings.

J.

J.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join