It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution happened this decade.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookworm333
I agree with you on certain pionts of your theory, but as a whole I disagree. Jesus made perfectly mature creatures and I would like to see you prove that fact wrong. On another note I appologize for insulting you. I should have been more mature. But you have my pity becuase you do not know Him. No offence, but you are a fool to believe the lies of this world; and who is more of a fool? The fool, or the one that believes him? God Bless

Heheh...funny stuff!
Please - don't insult our intelligence. Go back to your 'christian' forums please. A closed mind is not something that is very usefull here - we try to keep ours as open as possible.

J.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Actually 'bird flu' (H5N1) killed millions of people around the globe during WWI. Back then, they called it simply 'Spanish Flu'. Scientists have recently managed to dig up bodies from that period and isolate the pathogen - H5N1.

But yes, I agree with you - evolution is beyond any *credible* doubt: examples of it are everywhere,. - alive and fossilised. It's only the religious psudeo-scientists (of whom most are NOT scientists of any kind) who dispute evolution, and their theories are completely laughable! But evolution threatens their interpretation of the Bible - and along with it, God. So they are trying every desperate argument they can muster to throw doubt on evolution. But anyone with an average intelligence and an eduction can easily see the glaring holes in their childish rantings.

J.

J.

Well I believe in GOd and evolution, as do most educated folks.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To start, evolution has mountains of evidence.
Creationism has none.
You can't prove an intelligent being created and evolved anything on the earth. But again that is what is called FAITH. Believing in something with the absence of proof.

All the creationist arguments have been debunked to death.
For example:
Scientists have found transitional species.
The earth has been proven to be alot older then 2000-10000 years.

I really don't care what anyone believes as long as:
1. It's not forced upon anyone.
2. If it's stated as fact, it must be proven as fact.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
bookworm333 wrote,

Continuation of giraffe refutation: 3. To prevent the bursting of the brains, the giraffe has valves in the arteries in the neck that begin to close, allowing only a small amount of blood to remain at the head while the rest is held back by the closed barrier. But suppose a lion came by and the giraffe raised its head quickly. It would immediately passes out. The lion eats the giraffe. By the time the giraffe realizes its deficiency it is dead. And we all know a dead giraffe cannot fix or evolve anything about itself. T.B.C...

Here is a youtube video of a giraffe raising it's head quickly and not passing out.

www.youtube.com...

So I guess I'm not sure what your point is.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
oh start watching closely at 35 seconds in for the quick giraffe head raise.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'll never understand why creation vs evolution has to be such a black & white argument. The ability of organisms from the simplest to the most complex to adapt, mutate, evolve to suit their environment and changes in the surroundings is the ultimate statement in smart design as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If you would like to know more undeniable truths of creation like the giraffe, I have lots more examples. And now that I got you to listen to my opinion, I would like you to know that I am a 14 year old boy (I didn't tell you before becuase you would have found all the more reason to take me with a grain of sand) that loves to read and debate the truth (and seek more truth becuase I realize that just because any opinion is mine does not automatically make it right
I only hold onto ideas that I know are right, and then I still question them becuase even the wrong think they are right. But I know for a fact that Jesus Christ is real just as His word is the truth (and I personally don't care if that pisses you off)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Just because some "creationists" decide to open their mouths wide and refute evidence doesn't mean that all people who believe in a "creator" think that way.

Most of the people who are wise enough to understand that both ideas coexist without a doubt are the people who are wise enough not to open their mouths so wide. The inside of the mouth is not a pretty picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Refutation facts: you cannot get any type of life form from nothing! We always hear how cells evolved into this into this...but where did the cells come from? Where did the universe in which the earth was "created" come from? It had to have some intelligent design! And not up until the beginning of the cells transformation do we hear anything of intelligence! It is not like creationism where there was no time until God made it! The priciple of creation didnt even exist until He created it(unfathomable as it seems)

so....spontaneous generation is out....hmmmmm...
life HAD to have come from "intelligent design"...I've always wondered where "intelligent design" came from...did IT evolve? or was it created?

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by
I remember when I was 14. I was absolutely brilliant; but I was not very wise. I have lost a touch of brilliance, but the trade was good for I have gained a wealth of wisdom.

This reminds me of something Mark Twain observed...'when I was 14 I was convinced that my old man was the dumbest cuss on the planet...when I was 21, I was amazed at how much he'd learned in 7 years' ....

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

I agree with you on certain pionts of your theory, but as a whole I disagree. Jesus made perfectly mature creatures and I would like to see you prove that fact wrong. On another note I appologize for insulting you. I should have been more mature. But you have my pity becuase you do not know Him. No offence, but you are a fool to believe the lies of this world; and who is more of a fool? The fool, or the one that believes him? God Bless

Heheh...funny stuff!
Please - don't insult our intelligence. Go back to your 'christian' forums please. A closed mind is not something that is very usefull here - we try to keep ours as open as possible.

J.

You should heed your own advice.

He has a right to speak. He offered for you to provide him with evidence. Either ignore him or provide.

This is a good example that shows how man is evolving. Since the beginning of opposing ideas, the mind started branching off. These minds of opposing values have increased their knowledge in their respective areas to the point that the mind has evolved in many different ways with many different groups of people. It is not a physical evolution we are seeing yet for us; it is a mental evolution.

Knowledge comes in many forms. However, wisdom is the root. We often find that people who have much knowledge have little knowledge of the roots of their knowledge. This is a lack of wisdom and experience (for on these two, we can agree). However, "true" knowledge never agrees with another "truth". This makes perfect sense, but it is the idea that has been the driving force for a people for centuries. For one mindset of a person to tell another mindset of a person that it is absolutely wrong, this person is interfering with the experience of one who has been raised and survived on that philosophy.

Whether it be science, religion, or philosophy, we can all agree on one thing: there more answers we get, the more questions that arise. Those who do not understand this are the ones who are always begging for answers. But, if you can not simply learn to deal with your own existence, then you are anti-whatever religion, science, creed, philosophy, etc. of which you claim to be a part.

This is the evolution of the mind: the next level is a culmination of minds; a superbrain so-to-speak. The way scientists might describe this as a flux of informational technology that allows us to enter into a virtual world and store our brain contents onto a "server brain" that would consolidate all the knowledge of separate brains into an organic super computer that would act as the force which moves the bodies that are connected to it. Of course, religious texts were written thousands of years ago by wise people who foresaw these very things and the authors of the texts had to figure a way to translate these things for people who could not possibly understand what most of those words and happenings meant. As it goes, a magical sense was made of many of these sayings and people became panicked and their imaginations flooded with images of which they could make no sense(since usually these stories were told in relation to the beginnings of the world around a campfire at night instead of having to do with the law of how to behave which is the other side of scriptures). This is where we realize that if we read the scriptures in a context of understanding and wisdom, they were simply talking about where technology is going to eventually lead mankind. The foresight they had is truly amazing--which is why I cannot deny the presence of a Supreme Being and/or alien presence.

Of course, this is all just IMHO... I'd reference, but what is proof of the proof? The proof's proof of the proof? How far must we go before we realize it's all based on opinion...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ropaq50

Originally posted by
I remember when I was 14. I was absolutely brilliant; but I was not very wise. I have lost a touch of brilliance, but the trade was good for I have gained a wealth of wisdom.

This reminds me of something Mark Twain observed...'when I was 14 I was convinced that my old man was the dumbest cuss on the planet...when I was 21, I was amazed at how much he'd learned in 7 years' ....

That about sums it up!!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Good Lord, so much krap.

Not to mention genomes were just being discovered in the 50's. We didn't even know how to read DNA for crimes yet.

Proof of evolution?
Dinosaurs had beaks, Whales have leg bones, Raptors had feathers, and bird flu.

Krap!!!!

Sorry Genomes were finally presented or should i say admited *publically* in the 1920's, look up Hans Winkler, hell they been known for 4000 years if you read about that stange code the I CHING is written in if you believe there a connection there lol. Even back in a 6000 year old manuscript epic written in India, pretty much legends and whatever, talked about gods creating human/animal hybrids by cloning them *yeh its really ridiculous sounding but its really written in there*.

Fact is we don't know krap about anything as a civilization, we only spoiled by great minds like Tesla and Einstien (examples). Human Genome project has been around a long time, in public and governmental areas.

Look up the Soviet ape soldiers Stalin wanted to create, imagine how they were thinking about that back in the day? Hell even plato wrote about that crap, its nothing new.

Its highly likely AIDS was created in a lab, but it was probably as well made as todays GM foods, you just splice a gene here andthere and hope for the best, today we have ability to improve upon that technique I believe.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I think you're totally right. Think about how tiny (on the average) people were 100 years ago. Has anyone ever seen clothes from the 19th century in a museum? If a man was 6' tall he was a giant! And a woman really could have an 18" waist. Then think about how small people were, say, 2000 years ago...If anyone has ever seen a mummy in a museum you know that people in that time period were ridiculously small. I saw a mummy of a woman who was 34 when she died...and she was about the size of a normal 10 year old girl today - about 4'7" Today average height for a woman is 5'4" and growing, and for a man it's 5'10".

Point being, evolution never stopped. Evolution doesn't have to be brought about by a catyclysmic event; the most recent and probably most common reason is an evolving diet.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Evolution is defined by a creature changing over time to adapt to changes around it.

We've all seen the dog-like creature that became the dolphins and whales of today, Right? And AIDS didn't exist in humans only 50 years ago, right?.

AIDS mutated and evolved to adapt to the human body, as would a dog like creature mutate and evolve to adapt to water over land. The two are the same, just on a different scale. like it or not, it's evolution.

Bird flu didn't effect humans a decade ago either. A new species formed that effected human genealogy just last year.

Any comments? Have I proved that evolution is ongoing and still happening today?

You are incorrect sir! What you discribe is "Adapting" or "natural selection" like white rabbits surviving in a snowy climate and black ones being eaten...

Evolution would be Bird flu evolving into Aids... From one "kind" of disease to another Or a Dog evolving into a furry bird.

And what is this "dog creature" you refer to? Have we ever found the remains of a fish with feet? Dog with wings? Thousands of remains are found yearly, what are the chances that nothing of this kind has EVER been found?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilly

You my friend are incorrect. What the initial poster describes is evolution. What? You thought a dog turning into a bird happens overnight? It happens with adaptation &, or mutation.

If there was a virus that affected all of the legs of human beings, making them weak, brittle and eventually nonexistent(Nope...there are no wheel chairs in this example)...our bodies would adapt to this change eventually...our upper bodies would become stronger. Many years would have passed and our appearance would be quite different...(maybe huge, extraordinarily strong arms and shoulders?).

Some sea mammals(some dolphins & certain whales) have a weak bone that most scientist believe were feet many...many...many years ago. As for the dog creature...I'm not too sure exactly what the OP was talking about...but the point remains the same.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcab

OK, So I ask again... Where is the proof? In all of the years we have been digging up bones, where is the remains of the crossover animal? Where are the remains where that small bone you refer to is half the size of a "dog leg"?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twilly
where is the remains of the crossover animal?

Transitionals...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
^ Thank you for that post. Yes, my post is a one liner, and for that I apologize to the ever so strict ATS mods....oops...nope, nope...I was wrong. All this typing actually made my post a little longer. Kudos to me!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Evolutionary Process.

For many years , Humims have pondred about the evolution of the inhabitants of the planet Earth . The question was in the minds of Humans as to where
( EACH Species And Each Lifeform Evoled ) .You must learnof the evolutionary process . This will give you great knowledge ofthat which is right and exact , and how and where the Nine Ether verse the Six Ether came about . Now , let us begin by learning of a time before when a large craft from the Ninga fleet thought to be a meterorite crashed into the planets , Sheering off the lower half of it . That was 24,000,000,000 Billion years ago . This caused the development of Earth's shapes and form as you know of today . bringing with it , newkinds of lifeform . Some to make residence beneath the Seas of what is called Bimini today , where a great empire of Reptilians thrive , even unto this day . This empire is located in the Atlantic Ocean . in the area called the Bermuda Triangle or Angels Triangle .

Other life form took shape on the surface of the Earth . It was gases and electrical sparks that formed the complex molecules ,from the simple ones originally planted here some 76,000,000,000,000, trillion years . For billions of years ,life continued to consist of no more than simple cells yet with intelligence . As time passed ,more complicated cells were born , and these cells gradually became even more complicated cells . Which were giving birth until they eventually combined with each other ,or . married to give birth to even larger organisms . The more complicated an organism . such as an Algae , the larger its brian is ; Thus , the more intelligent it became . These living organism evolved out of the water , through the ammonia , and onto the soil . Millions of years after that , the next group of animals developed called Metazoans . Their bodies were composed of specialized cells grouped to form tissues , organs , and systems , mush like the animals of today .

These animals multiplied and diversifed , and over a period of 19,000,000 million years , evolved into man , many types of animals , And Dragons called Terrible Lzards , or simply Dinosaurs . This was the first evolution of life on the planet Earth . These inhabitants went through many change such as . The Ice Glaciers, Volcanoes , And Earthquakes , During this time these were also problem with the Dinosaurs and Humans . The evolution of the dinosaurs and Humans were was inbalanced to the point that the dinosaurs were much bigger than Humans , and they were killing them off .

These Humanswere of the Homo Erectus species . They had 6 ether hair covering most of their bodies . Dinosaurs are classified , or divided into separate groups . One being the Saurischia , Lizard Hips * He's a four-legged ,planet - eating Dinosaur , and can also be a meat-eating Dinosairs , And the other being Ornithischia ' Bird-Hip . This group of Dinosaur is your two-legged planet-eaters andall of your armored Dinosaurs . In your Ornithischia ,the forward pointing bone has swung around in order that it can point backwards and forwards . And Saurischia have hip bones that are forward within reptiles . These three bones point in Different Direcetion. These 2 names are in reference to the arrangement of three bones of the pelvis .

In the Saurisachia , these bones were arranged similar to that of moders Crocodiles and Lizards . These are your Taneen, while the pelvis of Ornithischia was bird-like .

Thefore Human developed from A one - cell creature . And these Humans are Tadpoles ,or Reptilians for the first 3 months in their [ Mother's Womb. ] . This why Humans still have [ Webbed Hands , Gills , and Scales . ] In their own evolution , with the help of their Mammalian parent they become the root of Mammals later called the Human Being . It it primeval state , they climbed upon the land mass and developed into land creatures and then to Genus Homo on to Homo - Erectus .
And these land cr

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join