It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Delegates prevented from vote in Texas straw poll

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's getting to the point now, where they are openly stealing and controlling elections just like what was done in other parts of the country years ago, where dead people would vote, or ballots would be cast by the same person multiple times. We have to keep pushing and pushing and force their hand, otherwise it's a wrap for us. Spread this video to the far corners people!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great thread. Ron is the only hope for us. I smile as I drive home every day in Phoenix...EVERY SINGLE overpass on my way home has a Ron Paul banner on it. When crap like this happens it only shows how much of a scam our voting system has become. Come election day you will be surprised at just how many voters Ron Paul actually has...he wont be ignored.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The problem is, will our votes even COUNT? They haven't seemed to be in recent times. Even if we show up en masse, what's to stop the powers that be from rigging things again?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Question for the OP:

Were you a delegate at a previous state convention and were the other people who tried to get in delegates at previous Texas GOP state conventions?

The reason I ask is that I went to the Texas Straw Poll sie, and it clearly says (and has said for some time)

Who can attend:
Delegates to the Straw Poll - Must have been a Delegate or Alternate Delegate to at least one of the last 4 Republican State Conventions (2000, 2002, 2004 or 2006) or one of the last 2 Republican National Conventions (2000 or 2004). If you have not received a registration packet in the mail and meet these qualifications, please email [email protected] to request that a new registration packet be mailed to you. Be sure to include your current address and phone number in the email.

source: txgop.convio.net...

There's nothing about buying a ticket to get in.

Could you clairfy this for us? Are you saying you and the others are previous delegates to the state convention who was turned away?

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If you had watched the full video, you would see that near the end they zoom in on the internet registration letter. The letter clearly says registration STARTS september 1, 2007 10:00AM!!!!!!!

[edit on 9/2/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't Understand!! What was their reasoning?? Who are these people and How can they get away with this!! I'm Shocked and Freaked that this can happen??? This is worse than against the law ...
This should be all Over the news!! Hopefully We can make that happen ...
This Is a free country (yeah Right) !!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Several noted that Paul had more supporters at the poll but most were not eligible to vote because the Republican Party of Texas only allowed those who had been delegates in recent years to a state or national convention to actually cast ballots.

www.star-telegram.com...

Why did they get passes if they weren't going to be allowed to vote?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
According to the organizers on the Ron Paul side, the people who wanted to vote had to get a delegate pass. If they registered and paid online for the pass, they had to show that paper from the video to pick up the pass at the door.

No where on the paper did it say any cut off time. It only showed the date and time (10am) of the event.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Originally posted by Byrd
There's nothing about buying a ticket to get in.

I'm guessing that they are referring to the Registration fees and guest fee. They may have miscontrued this to be the cost of attendance for the general public.

Originally posted by sp00n1
reply to post by jsobecky

If you had watched the full video, you would see that near the end they zoom in on the internet registration letter. The letter clearly says registration STARTS september 1, 2007 10:00AM!!!!!!!

[edit on 9/2/2007 by sp00n1]

I watched the video 3 times, and nowhere did it clearly say registration STARTS Sept. 1, 2007, at 10:00AM. The letter is obstructed by the person's hand, so it is impossible to read what is written there.

And I'm not the only one who came to that conclusion:

Originally posted by shots
I did a screen shot jsobecky unfortunately the only clear shot one can get is 1000 a.m. showing and something on the bottom regarding tickets however it only shows the numbers and what is printed on the left cannot be viewd.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I watched the video 3 times, and nowhere did it clearly say registration STARTS Sept. 1, 2007, at 10:00AM. The letter is obstructed by the person's hand, so it is impossible to read what is written there.

Well, here is a screen shot:

It seems obvious that the entire line reads:

"DATE & TIME: Saturday September 1, 2007 10:00 AM"

But, I have to admit this next shot cuts against the argument that they were not letting Ron Paul voters in:

To me, this situation is not very clear.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if they were trying to prove with video evidence that the letter said so, then he would have underlinded the exact date with his finger instead of convering it with his thumb. either the camera person and the one holding the letter were not on the same page or i might suggest they were trying to cover up the date.

but if anything were to come of this they would need the letter as evidence, with no thumb in the way.... soooo. have to wait and see if this is more than just that viral marketing ive been hearing about lately.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The thumb does not cover up the date....

It is clearly printed in the middle of the page.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leroy

Tarzan: We should just accept that we have to go to the polls stealthily, taking care to ensure no one knows whom we think is the best candidate? That’s what we’ve come to?

That's the way it has always been. It has always been an unspoken policy to not talk about who you are going to vote for when you are going to the polls. This isn't the first time that things like this have happened; it's just the first time on tape, I think.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the screen shot, loam. I agree that the person entering with a RP sign does shoot down the argument about excluding RP delegates. That seems to be the essence of the issue.

I'd still like to see a nice, clear copy of that letter.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
im the one who shot this video
216 Ron Paul delegates were able to vote, carry signs etc.

The point of this video is to show that the Delegates who registered online and showed up with out proper attire, or after 10am were denied.

The 10am cut off was not printed any where, and this is the problem.

If the GOP had simply said on the print out "you must arrive by 10am" then there would have been no problems.

Remember the straw poll was for 17,000 texas delegates. Only 1300 voted, and 200 + were bused in by the Ron Paul party from Dallas, Houston and Austin.

These 200 were a result of a 3 week long Austin meetup.com phone blitz. 10,000 delegates were called, 200 confirmed. Many more said maybe.

The people who were coming from out of town under their own transportation started arriving at 8 am. All of the busses arrived before 10 am. Anyone who arrived after 10am were denied, even though the vote was until 1 to 2 pm. It actually ended around 1:30pm

There was no reason to stop voters from entering. They all had proof of who they were and only needed to pick up the pass the paid for online.

The paper was the proof of payment and had a registration number on it they would show the GOP to obtain the pass.

After 10am the un spoken for passes were removed from the building and put in the car you see in the video.

I only wish I had to journalistic fore thought to continue filming and get interviews and video of people being denied. That was the side entrance. The front had even more security and we watched people get turned away at both entrances. Security would not even let me stand in the door way when it started to rain.

Other out of town delegates

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
regarding this thread and the things which will probably come in future i would like to recommend you guys some of my favourite movies dealing with future / hardly acceptable scenarios that could very well happen just as shown on celluloid... the question or matter is not if but when...

1.) Equilibrium - Killer of Emotions
2.) V for Vendetta
3.) Fahrenheit 4..
4.) Apocalypto (!)
5.) Matrix I-III

impossible you say [...] ??? ok then show me how to vote for your chosen candidate ( Ron Paul ) as delegates!
of course this is very far-fetched but nonetheless it's a tiny little step towards the ultimate transformation envisioned by the global elite => NWO!

[edit on 2-9-2007 by EBE154]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
It seems obvious that the entire line reads:

"DATE & TIME: Saturday September 1, 2007 10:00 AM"

But, I have to admit this next shot cuts against the argument that they were not letting Ron Paul voters in:

To me, this situation is not very clear.

Well you got a better screen shot then me, so I have to agree tht is what it says and the individual entering the door clearly had a Ron Paul sign with him suggesting he supported him. That being the case why are there only a select few objecting to this? Was this just a set up so they could claim foul or what?

Based on what I can read and what I saw this looks like it was just a lie/scam on the -part of only a few and after reading here and elsewhere I doubt 200 got turned away as they claimed.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
im the one who shot this video

Great then that being the case you should have the actual letter in question so what say you post a screen shot of it at 100 percent so ATS members can read the whole letter word for word. The way it stands now all we have is your say that is what it stated and that is not sufficient to prove your point that it is true.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shots

I would if it was my letter. The letter was from the delegate who we were trying to get in the convention center.
All I was doing was video taping the event

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by acmeartifacts

Well if that is the case call him/her on the phone and get a copy of the letter it only takes 1 minute to scan it in, then you have proof as it stands now all we have is your word what you say is true:shk:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join