It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Use Tazer On Women who is 8 months pregnant

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Good lighting?? Are we looking at the same picture? The lighting is actually horrible and quite dark. I thought it was tough to see any real detail at all because it is so dark and she is a dark women, yet I was still able to see she is clearly large in her belly and clearly pregnant.

apc

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
erm I dunno I'm looking at the picture you posted.

The time of day was omitted from your source article, so yes if we're talking compared to midnight... quite good lighting.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have to say this is really not making sense to me why the cop couldn’t deal with a pregnant woman trying to break up kids fighting and had to tazer her. If she was breaking up the fight then the cop should have understood that. Now if the woman was a big woman it may be kinda hard to tell if she was pregnant. I haven’t seen a pic of her yet so it’s hard to tell just from the articles. She was charged with battery so don’t know what that is about. But still this cop should get some punishment and the women will undoubtedly file a lawsuit. Cops have become accustomed to using the tazer at will for a long time now. They don’t mind hitting people with it that’s for sure. Kinda pussy cat way to end a kids fight but hey im not a cop so I cant say what its like to be cop and what they go through on a daily basis but this seems extreme. He hit the one kid with it to, so he was tazer happy for sure.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 31-8-2007 by geemony]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The OP's pic of pregnant woman is obvious.
No doubt about it at all. This woman is pregnant.
VERY pregnant.
How can a cop, in their worse night/day and in their
scared mind ever think this woman is a threat?

She would have to pull out a semi automatic weapon
before I would induce pain or even electric shock on her.
Period!
I mean come on, this is not a deny ignorance situation.
SHE is pregnant. Period. End of story.
A cop pulls out a device and NOT once but twice shoots her.
Give me a break man.

This is out of line and completely crossing the lines to me.
Absolutely uncalled for and totally out of base for the so called cop!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Good lighting?? Are we looking at the same picture? The lighting is actually horrible and quite dark. I thought it was tough to see any real detail at all because it is so dark and she is a dark women, yet I was still able to see she is clearly large in her belly and clearly pregnant.

Section I posted before I saw the pic and yes this girl looks very pregnant. Now that we have the pic of the tazer victim. Im thinking now the cop panicked and blew it big time in this situation. Now im not wanting to get into any race argument here at all. But I have a question, Was the cop white? do we know that? Reason i bring it up is because if this situation was in an African American area, and teenagers were fighting and this women was irate, she prob did make some gesture in the heat of things, and the cop may have just panicked and started tazing at will. But still seems a bit excess to me. Where was the cop’s partner?

Anyway, another big settlement our tax dollars will pay for because of a public servants poor decision. He also might be lucky he didn’t catch a drive by.

I once saw a video where a guy accidentally hit a young child who ran out in the street and a gang of people pulled the guy out of his van and took him down to china town.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Well the pic looks dark to me, but I understand what you are saying now. I really do not know what time the incident took place and I do not recall seeing the time of the incident in any of the articles I posted. So who is to say that it was night and he couldn't tell. Maybe it was at 5 in the afternoon and very light. Either way, he tazed her twice. One of the shots was directly to her stomach.

I would like to know if it was the hand held tazer or the tazer that shoots the prongs. Cause if it was hand held and he physically had to touch her and make contact, there is no way he can touch her stomach and say he didn't know.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I suspect the child will come out with special powers like powder. The child will have magnetism powers.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 31-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well if he is being honest and couldn't tell if she was pregnant (which I find unbelieveable unless she happend to be facing away from him) then their should be no penalty on the guy, but then again I have met too many cops that would lie to cover their own ass soooooo.

Honesty is the best policy

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Considering she was hit in the stomach, I would think there is no way that could have happened if he was behind her.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Well .. would you folks have rather the deputy just went right to his pistol or baton?

The real question is If the tazer was not an option, Would any police officer have used such force on a visibly pregnant woman, in the first place.

I've never hear of a police officer using a baton on a pregnant woman, or shooting one for that matter. Im sure it's happened, but just saying.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
As others have said, I agree that law enforcement need to be fully trained in how to use these tazers and follow protocol for them. I saw a story on the news where 3 officers were standing near a man who was going to be arrested. The man was just standing there, no weapon in hands etc. An officer told him to hit the ground and before the man could even react/respond to that command, the officer tazer'd him! I was shocked to say the least. Don't think this is what the tazer was meant for. Seems to me there are more stories each week of people being tazer'd, and the more I hear about it, the more it seems that officers use the tazer first and ask questions later. Am thinking it was 'supposed' to be used only if the officer or someone else was actually being threatened, and only as a last resort. But that sure isn't what we've been hearing about lately! It's as though officers have itchy fingers to use their tazers, just because they have them! Seems to me there 'ought to be' stiff regulations for tazer use and officers need to be held accountable for using tazers when there really was not a need to do so. My 2 cents anyway.

Myst

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Now that I have heard all this stories it makes me doubt even more if the stun guns we're introduce to be "non lethal" weapons se they advertised them.

It seems to me that it just a way for law enforcement to commit police brutality and not be mark as they were in the Rodney King case. And I'm not using it as a race issue trust me. Just that is to easy for a cop now to stun a person quite a few times and he don't feel the sensitivity of causing harm to a person, as when in the old fashion police brutality cases you can clearly see the marks, bruises and stuff. It just like ok go ahead and use it, no one will be able to prove that was police brutality now!

What will be the purpose of having police officers to feel apathy towards the very same people the swore to protect? Hmmmmm........ That's the conspiracy side of me talking.

Anyways I just hope that police deparments around the nation get so clog in lawsuits and bad PR that they would have no choice but just to get rid of the thing and teach police how to do police work,.

For those that said that they rather being stun than shot, I tell them to talk to a person that has. had a family member suffer injury or lost a loved one for improper use of this weapons, see what they think.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
not trying to defend the cops or anything, but just to let yall know that some women look as fat as that, but they not pregnant.... i seen some women got congrat. for being pregnant and they not carrying a baby....hahaha

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Whilst I am concerned for the baby I share your view. The woman was 8-months pregnant and she is the the middle of a fight between two men!!!!!

Doesn't appear that she was too concerned for her unborn. The policeman on the other hand is trying to break up the fight - I wonder if it would enter his head (in the heat of the moment) that an 8-month pregnant woman would be in this position. My instant tells me - no he wouldn't. I haven't seen a photo of the woman but I have also been in the position of mistaking overweight for pregnant.

The 'bells' are ringing beat-up in my mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh man, tasers again.

This missuse is quite comon in US IMO. In my country only SWAT can have tasers and not some academy trained retards. And SWAT (in my country) only intervene in situations when fire-weapons are involved.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by geemonyand the cop may have just panicked and started tazing at will. But still seems a bit excess to me.

Over the years I've heard of cops breaking down, acting irrationally, making mistakes etc... and it reminds me of a case where a cop punched and broke a mouthy kids jaw in the police lockup here, many years ago, in Fremantle. The kid was in custody, in a lockup full of officers, and this one cop lost it, and punched him and if it weren't for the camera in the lockup, it would never have made it obvious what happened. (BTW, the cop was given paid desk bound work, and kept his job. sigh)

Since then I've been of the opinion that people who are in a position of power over the public should be of such a caliber that they don't have moments of weakness, don't resort to the easy option of emotional violence and are capable of doing what we as citizens trust them to do.

If they cannot maintain that standard then the powers WE give them should be removed.

Asking too much? You Bet. But therein lies the problem. Trust the human animal with extreme power and as human animals problems will arise.

We're very good at violent self preservation and wielding power over weaker animals; it's a basic instinct that keeps us alive.

We're not good at commonsense judgment when our basic instincts take over.

It's a no-win situation as far as I see it.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is very usual all around the world, cop don't pay attention or,what i think, they don't care who they are beating " we are the peacekeeper" they say so they are doing their jobs and you can be sure that the cop who did that, will out safety from this story and officier or i don't know who will say as i said upper "he was doing his job", you'll see.
In europe each time i hear about police brutality or even a cop shoot a teenager without reason, nothing happen, the cop still living and get a good pay each month, but beat a cop and then you'll see what happen!!!
this case is a good proof of that and carlo giuliani is a very good one too(even if it's not the same story)

but now, what can we do? a demostrating against police brutality and then get beat by them? i'm sorry guys but i think we have no other choice then to be resignate and waiting the police state. or maybe the final riot but lot of people are not ready for that, they are too brainwashed.

i was on the way to forget this (short)story, nothing to do with that but just for confirm what i said:
It was about 2 years ago, a cop in his car, who was drunk as poland, hit a little girl and kill her. do you know what happen? they just put him in another state service with the same salary! no tribunal, nothing. it is that justice???

i'm sorry country/government but i'm really not proud of you and i puke on you!

RESIST AND EXIST

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The cop will get off easy. It's already happened several times in my city this year... old man in jail "had a heart attack" "after the fact" that he'd been tased in a jail cell, unarmed guy shot after running from police (with a mental disorder), etc. All the police have to say is that she came at them with a knife or something and they won't even get a slap on the wrist.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The story seems to lean against the cop. I live 30 minutes away from where this took place, in G-ville Fl. The area it happened in, well isn't the best of places. And the lady was just fine when she was fighting in the middle of all this, Verbally abusive as well as physical.

I don't feel bad for her at all. You want to get into a fight while pregnant. Your choice. Suck it up. She didn't start crying foul until she got hit with the power. All her eyes are displaying now are dollar signs. It happens on a weekly basis in this area.

The low life's trying to get an easy buck, When the opportunity rises, So they can buy more crack! Don't believe me? Come live here for a few days! Her story is..."I was breaking up the fight." BS. She was fighting right along with em'.

She made the decision to be the bad ass of the bunch, Until someone bigger came along. Let me say I am not for the cop either but there is noway she should be rewarded or even patted on the back! This is an area where people neglect their children on a regular basis.

Getting hit with this tazer, Is the least this child will face later on in development. The mother will do much worse to it. As she has proved here today.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Since you brought it up, I helped a friend deliver her child and was told by the doctors that walking too much to induce labor is a myth.

since you brought it up, i was there at the hospital with my mother when she was to give birth to my little bro....i remember my step father and i taking turns walking my mother round and round the maternity ward..why?
to try and get her into labor without going after meds.....who told us to do this? the doc.

walking can induce labor.

i think you're just defending the fuzz and thats fine..
unless she was wearing a moomoo or something, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between a fat woman, and a thin framed woman that is in the last stages of pregnancy.

cop musta been a moron.

chalk this up with the other stories of the fuzz going nutso and tazing someone or roughing them up.

even if she was just a fat woman and she swung at him. i still don't think that is grounds to taze someone....the job is to serve and protect/preserve life.

i heard some cop on this board say it is their job to come home safe....i disagree with that.
police do not get paid to make it home safe...if that is your only concern as a cop, maybe you should get another job.

that cop did not protect or serve.
he caused damage and that is becoming the norm..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join