It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Use Tazer On Women who is 8 months pregnant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We are either gonna acknowledege this or not.
We have the power/in numbers to get it right.

This is a major attack on a human life. A baby. In a womb.
No voice, no chance until we speak out. Those who are out to
protect us are NOT protecting us man.

A cop has to have half a friggin mind to know. Plain and simple man.
A poster said payless/gutless get less. No doubt about that man.

Folks are lashing out and folks are fearing their own mind because some POS cop see's fit to do this harm on a woman.
A Man alive will tell you that if this was done by himself he would be in prison. Case closed.

God this world is unravling fast.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If she was less then 3 months, I'd understand not telling if she was pregnant. But contractions? she had to be at least 7 months then. In that case, he's screwed, and the lady has a lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow what a great thread this one turn out to be and rightly so!

Now that this issue has being brought to light I will like for everyone of us to be in the look out for more of this type of incidents and I will assure you that you would not be surprised on how common they are.

The problem at hand is that if you keep giving weapons to people that don't have the right training, understanding or mental capacity to use those in a correct way they are going to be misused, plain and simple.

Is not a case of a gal being to fat and the cop not able to notice, is about people in position of authority that we are suppose to trust but we can not.

If a cop don't feel to be in harms way, then he should not be a cop in the first place, it comes with the territory hand by hand. Split second decisions are made everyday, I have seen some cops that I had to ask myself how in the world they did not beat that guy up, but you know what I have also notice? It changes from county to county and from state to state. Thank God the place I live police officer conduct themselves in a way that is an example to follow.

If only it was like that in all places.

Edit to add:
Another incident of improper stun gun use, unfortunately this human being died, without no trial, no jury, no sentence, is that what we want?

www.dailycamera.com...

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
redply to post by wenfieldsecret

Your arguement further proves my point. Is a judgement call and may be if the officer did not had a tazer he would deal with the matter differently, now what I want to know is, how a male officer gets so intimidated by a women that he feel the need to use a tazer.

To me it seems like they give tazer now to officers and instead of training them they go like: " Here is you stun gun, if anyone gets rowdy use it", obviously and I hope that's not the case, but to many of this incidents happening since it was brought to use, to make me think is not serving the purpose that it was thought initially.

Judgement call? No way.
Everyone should go out and buy tazers, and the next time you see one of the "idiocracy" cops getting ready to taze someone, take yours out and shove it in his backside, or up their arse.
That is the only defense that so-called purveyors of law and order understand.
Anything else, is a waste of time.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
More stun guns news, check out those comments by that police Sgt. Interesting to say the least.

www.cbsnews.com...

And while I was searching that I found this:

www.cbsnews.com...

Just a shame, all you hear is the same old story, "we thought", we believe", the guy was trying to steal freaking electricity!! I did not knew that was a capital crime in Texas.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Quoting from the link that you posted: "Officers were called to the complex where residents said someone was illegally hooking up electrical service at a unit, police Lt. Abdul Pridgen said"

Too funny. Busy bodies call the cops all the time for stupid reasons like this.
I hope they cant sleep at night, realizing that they are the cause of his death, just as the stupidity of the police officer is at fault.

Any police officer that feels that he is in danger, by any subject that he encounters, after endless hours of training, backed by weaponry, radios, partners, buddies, etc, PLEASE resign today.
WE DONT NEED, NOR WANT YOU ANYWHERE NEAR A POSITION OF ENFORCEMENT.
Please apply immediately at your nearest Mcdonald's, as your best qualification in life, is to ask me- "Would you like fries with that?"

Period.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by weatherguru]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Let's be logical here. No police officer would intentionally fire a tazer at a woman who they know is pregnant. I've seen many women hide their pregnancies to the point where you couldn't tell unless they told you.

If he did it, knowing she is pregnant, he would risk facing murder as well as assault on both the baby and mother. He would place his job at risk as well as face prison time. Consider all these factors and you can see that there's no reason they would do it knowing she's pregnant.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
First off, for the poster above me... did you look at the picture of this women? Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Helen Keller would have been able to see she was pregnant. It is a no brainer. Any village idiot can see she is clearly pregnant. Secondly, how do you know that no officer would intentionally use a tazer on a pregnant women? I totally disagree with you on that point. It is my opinion that your typical officer really would not care if someone is pregnant or not. If the officer feels that he can get away with using a tazer on you, he will do it in order to control the situation. The real question is, was it really necessary in this case. IMO the answer is no.

As I read through this thread I have to admit I am more shocked by some people's responses than by the actions of this officer. That being said, I am not the kind of person who thinks that women are not dangerous and there is never any need for this type of action. It doesn't matter to me if you are a man, if a women is being violent to an officer he has the right to defend himself. However we are talking about a women who is 8 months pregnant. Really stop and think about that for a second, then tell me there was no other way to handle the situation. I just don't buy it. He couldn't get her by the arms and tie her up to get control? Police are completely over zealous anymore. Just watch any episode of "To Catch a Predator" for a good example. Granted I will not shed a tear over some sick twisted POS who tried to sleep with a 13 year old, but watch that show. The guys walk out of the house, they are met by 15 cops, ordered to get down on the ground. Most of these guys do what they are told, but that doesn't stop these cops from charging at the guy and group tackling him to the ground. Why? If the guy is complying with the order he is given, why tackle him and manhandle him to the ground? There are a lot of cops that are nothing more than bullies who get off on the power they feel by being able to control another person.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Double post, but I will try to make good use of the space...

Another thing I feel is worth mentioning. There has been a lot of talk about training. It is important to keep in mind, that any police officer who has a tazer is supposed to be certified to use that type of weapon. They are required to go through classes, and in order to complete the class it is required that the officer gets tazed himself. Usually two officers stand on each side, then another officer shots the tazer and the other two cops catch him to keep him from hitting the ground. Don't take my word for it, feel free to look it up.

So it is safe to assume that this officer was trained and it is my opinion that he knew exactly what he was doing. The problem is, most of these cops really believe and are taught that the weapon is NON LETHAL and causes NO INJURY to the person who is targeted. Check out the link on this page that someone else put up (sorry I forgot who it was) but in that article it even says, it is a great weapon to get control and it causes NO INJURY. Bottom line is, that is completely false, but if you are a cop and taught that it causes no injury at all why wouldn't you taze a pregnant women? If you believe it is safe it stands to reason. However it does not take rocket scientist to know that shooting 50,000 volts into a pregnant women can not be good for child she is carrying. We are talking about the developing of a life. Will it cause neurological damage? Can it cause damage to the organs? I highly doubt any real research has been done in that area.

This women went to the hospital afterwards from contractions and was arrested when she was discharged. I can not help but wonder how many of you would be singing a different tune right now had the effect of the tazer induced her labor and she gave birth to a premature baby? Would you still be saying she deserved it? No matter what anyone thinks, you have to admit this sets a very dangerous precedent

[edit on 2/9/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
After reading your run ins with the law it Sounds like you have personal reasons for hating all police officers. Someday you will need one and you will crying a different tune.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ok First we got the Goof ball who uses a Stun Gun on the guy carrying a baby...(not Smart on Securities part) Now using one one a Pregnant woman?You would think there would be better ways to Subdue these people without putting INNOCENT lives in Danger.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't understand in this day and age we don't have MORE
devices beside... the dumb stun gun.

what about nets'?

and that's just off the top of my head.

Y'r Canadian friend Sven

apc

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Let's be logical here. No police officer would intentionally fire a tazer at a woman who they know is pregnant.

Ding Ding Ding!

Originally posted by section8citizen
The problem is, most of these cops really believe and are taught that the weapon is NON LETHAL and causes NO INJURY to the person who is targeted.

Perhaps, but they see the news. They know tazers can kill despite what the manual says.

I'd like to see some statistic of total police tazer usage in one year compared to the actual number of severe injuries or deaths resulting from the stun. All we ever hear about is when a tazer is used in some extreme circumstance. I'm certain the ratio of severe injury or death resulting from being shot is significantly higher, seeing as being shot kinda qualifies as a severe injury.

reply to post by svenglezz

There's tons of options available. Beanbag guns, sticky foam, water cannons, and now that cool make-your-skin-feel-on-fire energy weapon.

I personally would love it if the next time a cop tries to break up a fight they just use the energy weapon to disable every subject and then sift through it all.

Physically attempting to subdue a fighting subject carries a high risk of escalation. That seems to be what happened in this case. The cop was trying to physically break up a fight and one of the subjects attacked the officer (according to the cop... but I don't think the woman would have been charged without a good reason).

Fortunately the escalation in this case was just some woman turning to punch the officer. Next time someone could pull a gun and shoot him. If the pregnant woman had a gun, would we be having this conversation? I suppose that would depend on if that were yet another detail omitted by the biased media.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Let's be logical here. No police officer would intentionally fire a tazer at a woman who they know is pregnant. I've seen many women hide their pregnancies to the point where you couldn't tell unless they told you.

i disagree. you simply do not know that. you'd like to think that but you don't know....being a cop does not automatically make one a good person.
he could always give her 'the power', then *gasp* lie about it....

can't stand when people take up for the cops in these situations....
no matter what, you guys will try to come up with something to justify their actions...

"the cop would never do this"....you don't know that though.

cops can be sociopaths too. they can be addicts and woman hating dirt bags too. only difference is, they get to light people up

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Most of these guys do what they are told, but that doesn't stop these cops from charging at the guy and group tackling him to the ground. Why? If the guy is complying with the order he is given, why tackle him and manhandle him to the ground? There are a lot of cops that are nothing more than bullies who get off on the power they feel by being able to control another person.

You hit the nail on the head.
The feeling of power. Those that seek out power, are the very first to abuse it, as they love the feel of it.
It isnt hard to figure out.
The blame should also fall on the shoulders of those of us, that upon hearing of the atrocities committed by those that are to "protect and serve", make excuses for them, or paint a scenario that might explain away what they did.
Watch, and pay attention, the next time something like this happens.

I for one do not need, nor want, police protection, as they are only thugs with guns.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
cops can be sociopaths too. they can be addicts and woman hating dirt bags too. only difference is, they get to light people up

Many people in law enforcement, whether they be FBI, CIA, or Police are given a psychological examination prior to being hired, as well as an annual examination to make sure nothing they go through has an life-long traumatic effect that could lead to things such as depression or suicide.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Many people in law enforcement, whether they be FBI, CIA, or Police are given a psychological examination prior to being hired, as well as an annual examination to make sure nothing they go through has an life-long traumatic effect that could lead to things such as depression or suicide.

well apparently that is not enough.
more and more stories of things like this happening. so, what gives?
people are afraid of the cops these days..people don't want much to do with them. people don't trust them.

it's cause these days they don't do their Fing jobs....simple...thats my opinion.

they have this whole cover my butt, bring the pain first and ask questions later and i don't think thats how it should be.
i'm sure there will be another story similar to this one tomorrow or the next day...

i am so glad they get an exam every year

got a year to spiral down before they go into their 'evaluation' where the boss tells them to get more sleep or take a vacation....riiight

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
After reading your run ins with the law it Sounds like you have personal reasons for hating all police officers. Someday you will need one and you will crying a different tune.

My question to you.... WHERE in any post I have made did I say I hated all police officers. Please point it out to me.

Other than that all I can really say is reading is fundamental. If you have read my postings on this thread I have said the following.

#1. NOT ALL police officers are bad guys, there are many who are good guys.

#2. I have friends who ARE or WERE police officers.

Have I had run ins with the law...Yes I have. I am not an angel by any stretch of the imagination and I offer no excuse nor any apology for the things I have done. When you are 13 years old, alone and by yourself and have to find a way to eat and live without being able to find a job because of your age, you will do what you have to do to survive. I can list many more run ins I have had with the law, but lets focus on the ones I have listed. Incident #1 happened when I was 17 or 18. Incident #2 I was 23 and incident #4 I was 32. So obviously I went through many personnel and life changes in that time. Am I the same person I was...of course not.

Fact is, I do not hate all police officers. What I do hate is officers who overstep their authority, officers who have a "wolf pack" mentality, and officers who use excessive force. I hate people who think they are above the law or because they "enforce" the law it gives them the right to break the law in order to do their job. That sir is what I hate, not police officers, but very specific police officers who are involved in very specific cases as I have already listed.

Now that all that has been said, what does my personnel experience have to do with a police officer who tazes a women who is 8 months pregnant? Answer.. NOTHING. This is what we call trying to cloud the issue, deflection and/or misdirection. This is what happens when someone can not argue the issue at hand, so in order to "prove their point" they attack the messenger on a personnel level so to deflect attention away from the real issue.

So in closing, if you want to attack me thats fine, go right ahead. Just make sure you get your facts right and make sure you find a way to associate it with the topic at hand so that you are not so transparent.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ok then explain this to me like I am a 5 year old....

Why are there so many articles about police abusing their authority? Why so many cases where police officers abuse their spouse? How can your reasoning explain THIS away? Please enlighten me to why an officer who abuses a citizen has a 99.8% chance of NOT receiving any meaningful discipline?

NASA does testing also but we have all heard about the astronaut love triangle case haven't we? Now that women is pleading insanity, so how effective is this testing?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Look, all I am saying is this.....

A woman, who is not fat and not morbidly obese is here.

Her belly is as huge as a globe sitting in my office.
A male cop, for whatever reason, feels the need to tazer this lady.
Hits her slap dang right in her belly and another TAZER was needed after that.
I question that already!

She get a second tazer. What has happened to the baby?
Anyone?

Cops are feeling the heat folks. They know we know. Cops, in general, are not going to risk their lives for you. They will kill you to defend they own lives, but when crap comes to crap, they will not defend your life.
Why should they?

They take an Oath. The same oath I watched my brother take. My brother was a cop.
He took an oath. He could not follow through.
However we have a woman 8 months pregnant, who you would defend to the end of your own life for.
This hurt me beyond anything I can tell you because a little baby is involved.
A little baby, unborn and in a mess before it even knows what will hit it/them.
Cops got to get it right the very first time. professional men and women dedicated to taking care of us.

Gain our respect? perhaps.. but more importantly, they need to understand the Oath they took!

This is the most disturbing post i read and I have myself learned from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join