It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 (tether) Extended analysis (many sterwing objects)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes it could be anything, but it´s leaning more towards a space craft of some kind. Since we have´nt seen any other or better explaination...

But i agree, there is nothing more to discuss at the moment.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
kk... before I go belching off
Is the footage that we all have seen so many times THE actual footage. Is it straight from Nasa's cams and haven't been through the hands of some regular Joe before it was put on the net?

I agree there are a lot of strange things (or "things I can't explain myself" is probably better to say) but then last night I kinda by chance saw something. Something very down to Earth...

this is the link for the tether video... fast forward to 4:48

Youtube Tether video

Now this is a photo I took with my camera phone yesterday:

(if link doesn't work use this manually... my ATS uploads' links never seem to work):
files.abovetopsecret.com...

they look pretty similar don't they? I could probably make em even more similar had I tried hard for 2 more secs.

My photo is actually just a cd that's reflecting ceiling light onto a near by wall / closet. Was easy to do, just had to tilt and shift the cd till I thought I had the right shape and all.

So, I just thought that maybe just maybe some of those images from the tether video has been edited?

That's my 2 pence for today. Cherio...

Ps. sorry if you already have been over the cd theory

edit: selfpun... yes, the guy must have been using a hell of a lot cds

[edit on 18/9/07 by flice]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
kk... before I go belching off
Is the footage that we all have seen so many times THE actual footage. Is it straight from Nasa's cams and haven't been through the hands of some regular Joe before it was put on the net?

I agree there are a lot of strange things (or "things I can't explain myself" is probably better to say) but then last night I kinda by chance saw something. Something very down to Earth...

this is the link for the tether video... fast forward to 4:48

Youtube Tether video

Now this is a photo I took with my camera phone yesterday:

(if link doesn't work use this manually... my ATS uploads' links never seem to work):
files.abovetopsecret.com...

they look pretty similar don't they? I could probably make em even more similar had I tried hard for 2 more secs.

My photo is actually just a cd that's reflecting ceiling light onto a near by wall / closet. Was easy to do, just had to tilt and shift the cd till I thought I had the right shape and all.

So, I just thought that maybe just maybe some of those images from the tether video has been edited?

That's my 2 pence for today. Cherio...

Ps. sorry if you already have been over the cd theory

edit: selfpun... yes, the guy must have been using a hell of a lot cds

Thank you my friend, for proving that the objects in space really are huge metallic disks pulsating and moving in different speeds.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by StarNeon

You failed to answer my question:

is there a posibilty that this movie got into someones hands who then edited it before it hit the internet?
If enough people agree on something it becomes truth, no? (especially here...)

So if this video indeed was edited and just one guy believed it... downloaded it and uploaded again... then some other guy came and saw it, believed it and so forth.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I remember when I showed the original theter video (thoe shorter one ) to my friend that is also interested in UFO's we sat down and started watching it and then his GF comes in (to clarify she is one of those ppl that dont really care if there are small green men out there or not )
After a brief description of what we are watching (a experiment made by nasa in orbit , the long cable you see is arround 18 km long , not a word about the ufo's) she looks at the "objects" and say "Hey look what is that , that looks organic to me" .

I dont know about you but if for someone that has had nothing to do with ufo's whatsoever comes in the room watches 10 sec of the movie and states something like that I take it into consideration .

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
I have found it!,

Google Video Link

It is a great watch,

He explaines everything uberclear, and maybe a little too clear, (he mentions the objects getting past the thether like 20 + times LOL)

But really, for me, it disclosed it.

-PureET

[edit on 1-9-2007 by PureET]

This was the best video ive seen about this. Thanks for posting it.

And I found the stuff about the Galaxy Clock, speed of light, gravity and so on even more interesting. This guy explains in a very easy to understand way. Going faster than light may be within reach, or even have been achieved in secret, by scientists.

Highly recommended.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am in the last part of the video and strongly suggest everybody to see it . Not even for the evidence that the video shows ufo's but for the amazing theory that suggests rather strongly that there is a way to break the speed of light . Like the poster before me stated the guy explains it in such a way that people that are not particulary great at physics will understand .

If you dont want to see the evidence of the ufo's just skip the first part of the movie untill you get to the galaxy clock theory and start watching from there . Its starts arround the 21 minute of the movie.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Thill]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree with...it looks organic...underwater looking type weird thingy...sure sure pulsating along just like those sea creatures do...only these creatures swim in space and are only noticed by us in the ultra violet sight ...invisable...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Speaking of that the Sirians are amphibians, I remember that infamous Bush quote when he said "I believe human beings and fish can co-exist" and everyone laughed.

Ive always wondered what the hell he meant by that. Maybe he knows something we dont... or maybe not. I just think its a strange thing to say, and Ive never seen the context it was being said in.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well (with all due respect) with Bush you never know , he might have said it and dosent even know himself why . Never heard him say something like that , any chance you have the link to the conference ? what was the conference about ?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Well (with all due respect) with Bush you never know , he might have said it and dosent even know himself why . Never heard him say something like that , any chance you have the link to the conference ? what was the conference about ?

I dont know, I just see it constantly in all the funny Bush quotes movies. In this one at 0:55 for example. But I dont know where its coming from.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you for the clip , havent seen manny of bush frack ups , I think this has probably something to do with water pollution but just grapsing at straws here.
If I were a beeing from Sirius I would never reveal myself to him as he might accidently say something like "We are backed up by powerful sirians and will destroy anybody who oposes us ...blah blah" so I would not take the risk

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
It may have been changed, but I don't think so.

Those round things flying around are, in my opinion, just bright things extremely out of focus, like the one bellow, from something I have just filmed (or is it videod? is this a real word?).

The final shape is possible dictated by the way the lens are made, by the camera quality and the zoom factor.

I will probably post the video tomorrow, it's getting late here in Portugal.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As I said yesterday, here is the video that I made.

You can see why I think that those round objects seen on the tether video may be pieces of ice reflecting the light, sometimes they reflect better than other because of their shape and the direction of the light, and they look like that because they are extremely out of focus.

This is not a UFO video (although I wouldnt be surprised if it would appear on YouTube like a UFO or orb video
), it's just an airplane preparing to land on the Lisbon airport.

Not-a-UFO

Edit: the sound that can be heard after some 40 seconds is just a car that was passing by with radio playing very loud. The sound near the end is the sound is from the airplane.

[edit on 19/9/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

you seem to have some knowledge about cameras and focus and what-not. Maybe you could explain Mr. David Sarita's pointing out that the UFOs were passing behind the tether? I'm not saying you along with other Astronauts are wrong about them being ice particals or just other debris floating around that are severely out of focus. But he has a very convincing point that in my opinion hasn't been adequately explained away by the people arguing against him. Maybe you could explain in a more detailed precise way other than "they are just out of focus particals".

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

OK, I will try to explain.

I always thought that they could be out of focus objects near the camera, but I could not be sure, so I tried to reproduce the situation, but with obvious limitations. I could not have an object with the size and shape of the tether at a distance of some tens of miles or even 100 miles, I could not have ice crystals floating around me and I could not have access to the camera used.

Instead I used a light source strongly out of focus and a string with a light shining on it (but not as far as I wanted) in a dark room. The image bellow is one frame of the video I made.

As you can see at the bottom of the circular shape, it is difficult to know just by looking at the image if the string is behind or in front of the circular shape, and it may even look like the string is casting a shadow on the red circle, but that was not the case. The red circle was a LED from my Pocket PC that was being held near the camera and the string was more or less one metre behind.

I know that this proves nothing, but it shows that an out of focus small object can appear to be behind another object when in fact it is in front and much closer.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've been doing a lot of research into this video and have come up with several possible theories, much like everyone else here. But that's it. Just theories. And that's all we will have until NASA delivers a complete scientific explanation of the experement, a complete analysis of the data gathered durring the experement would be nice too. (High hopes!)

Anywho. To BEST understand what it is we all see in the video, we must understand what NASA was doing. I'm going to jump around here. Follow the links.

1) Plasma (physics), an ionized gas where the electrons in the atom are separate from the nucleus. It is the fourth state of matter.

2) The STS-75 mission was performed at an altitude of 287km above the Earths surface. This places them in the Thermosphere where there are still gases present (primarily carbon dioxide and water vapor). www.quaest.io...

2a) Also in this part of the atmosphere solar radiation causes ionization. en.wikipedia.org...

Further study of plasma led me to this: stinet.dtic.mil...

This is the best overall analysis I've seen: www.nasas-unknowns.com...

Summary: From all I have read it seems that TSS-1r was a very complicated imaging device (a 12 mile long one) that allowed NASA to see movement or electrical disturbances w/in the plasma field. I am no doctor yet, so don't quote me. I wish to hell NASA would release more information so we could all better understand. And on that note, you must know that the video of the TSS-1r that we all see is not complete! The only part of the video we see is the tail end, AFTER the shuttle passes closest to the TSS-1r. So, what's on the majority of the STS-75 videos?

What's in your plasma?
CWP

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Alien Abduct

OK, I will try to explain.

I always thought that they could be out of focus objects near the camera, but I could not be sure, so I tried to reproduce the situation, but with obvious limitations. I could not have an object with the size and shape of the tether at a distance of some tens of miles or even 100 miles, I could not have ice crystals floating around me and I could not have access to the camera used.

Instead I used a light source strongly out of focus and a string with a light shining on it (but not as far as I wanted) in a dark room. The image bellow is one frame of the video I made.

As you can see at the bottom of the circular shape, it is difficult to know just by looking at the image if the string is behind or in front of the circular shape, and it may even look like the string is casting a shadow on the red circle, but that was not the case. The red circle was a LED from my Pocket PC that was being held near the camera and the string was more or less one metre behind.

I know that this proves nothing, but it shows that an out of focus small object can appear to be behind another object when in fact it is in front and much closer.

Puleeze armap,

If you where really holding that string behind your PocketPC, wouldn't the PocketPC block the light of the string? Yes it would since it is BEHIND the light source.

So that would mean the string was actualy INFRONT of the light source

This looks like you are fabricating false arguments.... Explain?

[edit on 2-3-2008 by PureET]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This whole "tether" incident does not prove anything. To most people it only serves to justify whatever their chosen belief is. Since there are not any facts or evidence proving UFO's and Aliens it has become a religion, where the true believers must exhibit a certain amount of "faith" in order to interpret things they don't understand.

Me, I think it is nothing more than out of focus particulate reflecting light at different angles, even colliding with some particulate that is not reflecting light (or is reflecting it away from the camera) But the problem is, people are not used to how things move in micro gravity, and how things reflect light. So, they jump to what amounts to the LEAST possible conclusion first and then twist and twist what they see to fit what they believe. Same thing I do.

Again, taking something like this and picking the least possible explanation first is the wrong way to go about it. I know things don't move the way you expect them to in the video, and reflect light in a way that is unexpected, but that only means your limited knowledge of the situation is guiding your analysis. Same thing with the stupid moon conspiracy. People call hoax on it because they are too ignorant to understand movement and light reflection/refraction when viewing the videos (like the flag waving and stuff, lol)

Nothing to see here in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hmm, I don't really see it either, if they were all out there, wouldn't one of those alleged "Ships" moved over to see what was going on? (Judging by the fact that people are saying that these objects are 50~100 miles off or what not.) I'm still on the fence about this, but ice does seem to be the best answer (For now).

Before anyone tells me to watch that video, I have already watched it and it still didn't sway me one way or another. The only thing I can say is that these objects are in fact are/were UFOs at the time as they were unidentified and technically they were flying and were also objects.

The only thing to make this whole tether incident believable is if one of the objects in the background moved closer if they indeed were controlled objects. Otherwise it's no different than the UFO pictures people take on earth from time to time. Overall though it is a cool video to watch nonetheless though

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join