It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Trucks Begin Crossing Border Saturday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by souls

Just going by the stats you posted to prove your case, lets first take a look at the Summary Statistics for U.S. Dot Active Motor Carriers.

I first notice that is for Dot Active motor carriers. Are all the companies that are going to be allowed into the US from Mexico in these statistics? If not, how many are left out, and what are there stats?

How would the Mexico numbers really look if the the US numbers were really scaled down to size so to speak? It gives numbers, not percentages. Would the actual percentage for Mexico be higher? How many experienced drivers vs new drivers do these companies listed have? If you could compare other years, then the question would be in each year did that company have more experienced drivers or newer drivers?

There are many variables left out of the traffic enforcement crash section for the violations. There are no stats as to what type of road they were driving on, such as a back road, road through town, highway, bi way, and etc. There are no stats as to how heavy the traffic was or what was involved. I do mean what especially for Mexico. For crashes, they don't specify who's fault it was. How many stats did they include where it was not the drivers fault?

Only the year 2006 is listed. How are these stats compared to other years on the Summary Statistics for U.S. DOT Active Motor Carriers? How many trucks were on the road each year? How many new drivers vs. experienced drivers were on the road each year? Did Mexico just happen to have more experienced drivers driving that year than US or Canada?

Now lets take a look at your second set of stats you posted for traffic enforcements - Mexican domiciled vehicles and commercial motor vehicles crashes - Mexican domiciled vehicles. One major stat they left out to really do a good comparison. With out this, these stats really say nothing and assume everything. How many vehicles in total were on the road each year?

Without answering that, how do I know if there were not more vehicles on the road in 2005 than in 2006? They don't have any stats on specifics of the population driving. Do these stats want me to assume that the same number of people were driving each year? If so, this tells me that Mexicans have increased greatly in the number of violations, even though they may have reduced the number of crashes.

Or these stats telling me that there is a growing number of people starting to drive each year? If that is the case, then these stats are showing that from the year 2004 to 2005 that 4000 new drivers are on the road who need to gain more experience in driving.

I believe the ones you posted are the strongest stats to prove your case. There is so much information left omitted that many questions are left unanswered that I haven't thought of. A person really into stats, and who knew how could really turn the tables on you. You really didn't prove anything.

All stats can be manipulated.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
This is SOOOOOO sad! It doesn't seem that we have been able to stop this from happening. The road was built right under our noses, there are countless Americans who don't even know that the road is there OR that it's for these trucks! *They* are determined to bring about the North American Union no matter what we Americans want. Canadians probably aren't very excited about it either. With the beginning of the trucks coming thru, I bet it isn't long before the 'Amero' replaces our dollar. This whole mess is like being on the back of a stallion who won't slow down, racing toward something we can't see, all we can do is hang on tight. It's scary, and it's frustrating!

NOMW

[edit on 8/31/2007 by NotOnMyWatch]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Frankly, I am appalled. Why is this not all over our liberal media? Because the media is controlled and monitored by the people that are making this decision. You know if this was up for a vote, it would be soundly defeated.

Where do the Teamsters stand on this? If the people making these decisions keep on going like they are, I could actually see another revolution in the US.

Just a few yrs ago, I was saying how that would never happen because everybody is sitting fat and happy and watching the action happen on TV, but if it keeps going this way with no regard for our own welfare, people just might take some action of their own.

I tend to have Republican/conservative views, with a few exceptions, but I just can't support the decisions being made by the current group that is in power now, because they are not supporting their own party views. Figured this was as good a place as any I have seen to put my first post
This decision just makes me ill.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well i guess now the US is about to see what Britain has to put up with with the EU

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I base this on personal experience. If they were so industrious they would put their energy into fixing their countries and not into destroying mine. I was born here and pay taxes to support these people. An illegal can go get great healthcare for free while my father , who owned his own business and always paid his taxes and employees , died of cancer because he didn't have health insurance at the time it was diagnosed. Now tell me why I should give one crap about these people who passively helped kill him because my government has to pay for their hospital bills.

I wish we could be more proactive in our efforts to thin out the illegal population in this country.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre
Well i guess now the US is about to see what Britain has to put up with with the EU
What, like free and open trade?

I dont mind foreign trucks in Britain (and I live in a cargo prot city) or British trucks abroad.

All they have to do is turn back unsafe trucks.

apc

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience
I had no idea there were so many Americans who are racist....saying about an entire race of people "the world is their wastebasket"

Racist? Mexicans are Caucasian. So am I. So much for racism.

Culturalism maybe. I find the Mexican culture to be worthless and disgusting. But I feel the same for the rap culture, the trailer park culture, etc. It's got nothing to do with race. It is entirely about the choices people make on mass.

In my trips to Mexico I have seen one constant theme: except in the highly Americanized cities such as Cozumel, it's like the people don't give a crap about their surroundings. Makes sense as they don't seem to give a crap about their entire country. Instead of fixing it they flee here and start bringing us down. Living among illegals (referenced to differentiate them from Mexican-Americans), I found that half the time you could barely see the ground (dramatization based on fact).

I can't see souls posts anymore. They have joined the list of the bandwidth wasters (you will not titor experience as you rebutted more than just screaming "ignorant!"). But I am well aware that this is primarily an attack on the trucking unions and a progression of the NAU. However those points are already quite competently argued by others. I have pointed out another cold hard fact. That fact is that if the trucks come in, the trash will follow. Be it candy wrappers or truck parts, it will line the highways. Call me names all you want, but I suggest you first grab a dictionary. Some of you seem to be ignorant of the definition of ignorant.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow, thats a pretty ignorant, xenophobic and bigoted statement.

Im surprised ATS allows that kind of stuff to be said.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

if you don't like what's being said then leave. for now we still have the right to state our opinions. since when did it become wrong to not want to live in squallor while supporting those who do? if you're so " open minded " , or in my opinion , feminized, then feel free to let them move in with you.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

The problem is that the DOT is already stretched thin keeping track of US trucks. And it's not just the trucks that are the problem. As Mystery_Lady pointed out it's the Hours of Service. HOS laws are different in Canada, the US, and Mexico. Mexican trucks in Mexico are not bound to keep log books. So even keeping their logs just for the US, they can drive back to Mexico and drive all they want, then come back to the US and drive their HOS here without having slept in god knows how long. The whole point of our HOS system was to keep tired drivers OFF the road. This is putting a lot of accidents waiting to happen back ON the road. As it is now they're trying to get MORE strict with US truck drivers HOS rules, which is going to hurt us even more.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
All this will do is put truckers who work for themselves out of business and the Mexican truckers will work for less so it puts the other Trucking Companies out of business and it leaves our borders open for more Illegal Immagrants to come in but by the truckloads now. Plus it also gives us a better chance for someone to bring in WMD accross the border. So all in all we have turned the curve into being a Communist Country now. The PEOPLE have spoke and OUR LEADERS do what they want, because they have signed us away. Mexican Trucks don't belong in America. Do they allow American trucks in Mexico? Probably none will have the Restrictions that our goverment puts on American trucks. You talking about smog, I can see it now. Most trucks will not even have headlights. Maybe it is time for the American trucks to line up and block them from coming accross. I remember when they used to do. That is the best way to handle it. A couple thousand trucks at the border ought to do it.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cw0203

Are you retarded? he said "I find the Mexican culture to be worthless and disgusting" and that had nothing to do with the tripe you wrote.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Im not talking about you but this thread seems to be about a bunch of racist hicks using this to promote their bigoted views.

You should be angry at your government for not enforcing rules on the Mexican vehicles.

As far as Im aware, the tachs that keep track of hours logged cannot be switched off, why doesnt the US government require the last 12 hours of these logs before entry to the US?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by plugandplay
All this will do is put truckers who work for themselves out of business and the Mexican truckers will work for less so it puts the other Trucking Companies out of business and it leaves our borders open for more Illegal Immagrants to come in but by the truckloads now. Plus it also gives us a better chance for someone to bring in WMD accross the border. So all in all we have turned the curve into being a Communist Country now. The PEOPLE have spoke and OUR LEADERS do what they want, because they have signed us away. Mexican Trucks don't belong in America. Do they allow American trucks in Mexico? Probably none will have the Restrictions that our goverment puts on American trucks. You talking about smog, I can see it now. Most trucks will not even have headlights. Maybe it is time for the American trucks to line up and block them from coming accross. I remember when they used to do. That is the best way to handle it. A couple thousand trucks at the border ought to do it.

There is no way that the other trucking companies will EVER be put out of business by this. The US doesn't have enough trucks running as it is, and we have something like 680,000 of them. Mexico will NEVER be able to match the numbers of the big companies. They will only be driving from the border to the distribution center. The problem is that where US trucks can only drive 11 hours in 14, Mexican trucks won't be bound by this when they're not in the US. So they can drive their 11, duck back into Mexico, drive 15 more to get a trailer, take a couple hours to sleep, drive 15 back to the border then drive their 11 once they're in the US. And there's no way the DOT would know how many hours they drove when they were in Mexico because they're not required to keep a log book there.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Will US Customs check the trucks at the official points of entry or will they be waved through and checked someplace else?

This could lead to an ultra serious security issue if they are not inspected at the OPEs!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

are YOU retarded? do you even know wht tripe is? oh, and you're welcome for your sorry country twice last century.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

As of the end of 2006 and into this year, all but my company still use paper logging systems. The other companies use the same system we have for TRACKING their trucks, but that's only so that if something happens they know about where they are, and not to show how long they've driven. Even our system which we've used for at least the last three years has some bugs in it, like dropping us to the wrong line on the logs for no apparent reason. I recently had a log violation because they were working on my truck, and when they did it put me on the "On Duty-Not Driving" line, and stayed on that for three or four days, because no one knew to correct it. The truck was actually parked at the dealership being repaired but according to my log I was on duty for something like 96 hours.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

All they have to do is turn back unsafe trucks.

Not as easy as you are trying to make it sound. What do you do ask the truck if it is Safe? Or Do you ask a driver Hey Amigo is your trucks safe? Any fool knows since their wages depend on the income from the truck they are going to say it is safe even knowing it is not. Mexican trucks are notorious for not having front brakes so do we stop them all and dismantle their front brakes and inspect them everytime they cross the border?

And let us not forget that mexican drivers are also known to use drugs while driving which opens another pandoras box.

See it is not as easy you make it sound

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cw0203

are YOU retarded? do you even know wht tripe is? oh, and you're welcome for your sorry country twice last century.

Yes, its a saying when someone is talking bollocks, anyone with any experience outside their own country would know that.

Youve just surpassed yourself on the war thing, thats quite possibly the easiest way on here to make yourself seem totally ignorant, well done.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well they have electronic ones in Europe, As I said, it works for dozens of countries here, surely your government can work out a way similar to the European way? After all, its only two countries so all theyd have to do is deny entry unless they have the previous 12h, 24h or whatever is deemed sufficient.

Surely everyone should be addressing this with the authorities?

As a side note, I cannot believe its illegal for truckers to go on strike.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join