It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Trucks Begin Crossing Border Saturday

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We need the Mexican truckers to legitimize the super highway.

We need the super highway to allow u.s. citizens to have a nice highway escape route to get to Mexico highlands, when the Midwest and east coast of America is under water from the pole shift coming in 2009/2012, when the planet x arrives.

You will be happy then!

And the best part is Spain is paying for it!

Thats call a win win situation!

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Raven007]

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Raven007]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Do you read what I write. I asked you, what do those numbers show?

What I stated is that, concerns for safety are being blown out of proportion. Violations will rise as more and more truckers hit the road, but overall, it is a normal rise. Until more Mexican trucks hit the road and compare to the number of trucks by the U.S., then I might state wether or not Mexicos numbers are lower than those of the U.S. You know, and I know I never said that.

Compliance is improving and will continue to do so. That is what Im trying to show with those numbers.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I agree with you Js, most of this so call reports are backed up by the same pushers of this agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

You're right, you didn't, and I apologize for saying that you did. I'm having some other issues with my life and I'm a bit cranky right now.

As for compliance improving, you're right, it is. With MEXICAN regulations, which are nowhere near as stringent as US DOT regulations are. They can say that the regulations are similar all they want, but they're NOT. If they were then Mexican trucks wouldn't have NEARLY the problems they do crossing the border.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If truck drivers can't strike because of the transport of military goods, can some truckers strike??

Trucks that supply WalMart?

Trucks that move furniture?

Trucks that move food and clothing?

Keep moving the military goods, stop every thing else?? Is this possible??

Zen

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by souls

You say conditions in Mexico are improving. Prove it. And I do not trust a report from "Mexico Trucker" since it is inherently biased.

Mexican trucks are not required to have logbooks or front brakes! And we're supposed to feel safe?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by jsobecky]

Those numbers come from this website Take a minute, have a look around.

edit: You too Marg

[edit on 30-8-2007 by souls]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
If truck drivers can't strike because of the transport of military goods, can some truckers strike??

Trucks that supply WalMart?

Trucks that move furniture?

Trucks that move food and clothing?

Keep moving the military goods, stop every thing else?? Is this possible??

Zen

No, because ALL trucking companies can and do haul military supplies. It's similar to the Civil Reserve Air Fleet. If they need to they can press the different trucking companies into service hauling military supplies. The other thing is that we haul EVERYTHING, even the food that is necessary for our life. We simply CAN NOT stop that, even for a week.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sickleye

Yes you are right, this is the dream come true for the corporate elite, that wants to slowly become one world dictatorship.

The NWO, they are betting on selling the worlds resources as commodities for the highest profits the market will bear.

Our nations Democracy will be over ruled transforming three sovereign nations in the North American continent into one super regional political and economic entity"The north American Union" is nothing more than the deceiving way of eliminating the sovereignty of our nation.

Relegating the citizens as servants and our right to chose our government taken away.

And this super highway is just the begining. let the mexican truckers roll.

What a sad future.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by souls

With MEXICAN regulations, which are nowhere near as stringent as US DOT regulations are. They can say that the regulations are similar all they want, but they're NOT. If they were then Mexican trucks wouldn't have NEARLY the problems they do crossing the border.

I find it very hard to believe that safety regulations are not being enforced on the U.S. side. If Mexican trucks have to comply with U.S. regulations and are still allowed to pass, then who's fault is it? Take a look at this report here.

Secretary Peters noted that the Department of Transportation has put in place a rigorous inspection program to ensure the safe operation of Mexican trucks crossing the border. Yesterday, Peters and Mexican Secretary of Communications and Transportation Luis Téllez announced a program to have U.S. inspectors conduct in-person safety audits to make sure that participating Mexican companies comply with U.S. safety regulations. The regulations require all Mexican truck drivers to hold a valid commercial drivers license, carry proof they are medically fit, comply with all U.S. hours-of-service rules and be able to understand questions and directions in English.

Secretary Peters said those Mexican truck companies that may be allowed to participate in the one-year program will all be required to have insurance with a U.S. licensed firm and meet all U.S. safety standards. Companies that meet these standards will be allowed to make international pick up and deliveries only and will not be able to move goods from one U.S. city for delivery to another, haul hazardous materials or transport passengers.

source

If this is the case, then the reason any truckers who are not in compliance are on the road is due to the lack of enforcement.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by souls]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by logicize

How is the security when it comes to this trucks going all over our nation?

But occurs that is not the point as long as somebody is to benefit and profit.

There will be huge profits to be made from this, especially if companies only have to pay a fraction of the price of shipping with Mexican drivers as they did with the US drivers.

Don't worry, our prices in the stores will not come down. The CEO's need their share, and the investors need their share, and the higher ups need their share, right? In the mean time the feds will say our economy is weakening, inflation will go up, and the housing market will continue to get worse making it harder for people to pay on their mortgages and to buy a house initially. Definitely a race to the bottom.

They may even be staging an economic collapse and a housing collapse at the same time. I believe that will make the big depression look like a walk in the park.
For those who don't know what is going on and why, will be looking for the government to "solve" the problem they initially created.

Yes the government created this economic downward turn at least the minute they let companies move off shore and take advantage of slave labor.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm a little to lazy to go over the six pages. (I did go through the first four
But how will this effect traffic??

I mean, Southern California freeways are packed! I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but with all the other trucks will we see a big difference in traffic?

And if Mexican trucks standards aren't as high as US trucks wont there be more collisions/accidents??

I think if we're gonna have an open-border deal the Mexican trucks should have the same standards... Because, they will be driving in the US... I don't think it's fair

[edit on 30-8-2007 by JelloFaust]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

You nail the issue to the spot
we lost our nation a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The problem is that the DOT won't be ABLE to enforce the regulations on the Mexican trucks, but WILL be able to on the US trucks. The Mexican trucks will fall under Mexican regulations, and those are not NEARLY as strict as US regulations.

I'm not sure, but I thought I read somewhere that the Mexicans wouldn't have to follow the US HOS rules. I hope I'm wrong about that. Someone did point out that even if the Mexicans did, that DOT wouldn't be able to tell how many hours the Mexicans worked in Mexico before coming to the US. The Mexicans could work 5 to 6 days in the US, slip back into Mexico, throw out the log book, come back into the US without a 34 hour reset, and continue to work. If asked where the log book was for the previous week, the Mexican would have the excuse that they were in Mexico and don't have to maintain a log book there.

I know how most drivers fudge their logs for various reasons, some good and some bad. Even if Mexicans did have to do a log book, what is the bet that they would have at least three log books? One their real logs, a second one trying to comply with the US HOS rules that more than likely they don't understand, and the third one to trying to correct mistakes in the second one, and to put it in English and make it passable. Or will they force US Dot officers to learn Spanish, because the Mexicans can't write in English?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hello,

After reading the following posts, I didn't see any mention that Canadian truck drivers already have full access to US roads. No uproar? I wonder why that is? My guess is that Canadians couldn't threaten any jobs here. Yep. That must be it.... There must be a logical reason that Canadians can have full access and not have it the end of the world. Could somebody explain why Mexican trucks are so much of a concern vs. Canadian?

Thanks

TheOnlySaneOne

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickleye
Normally I like to read topics and keep my comments firmly lodged in my head, but I must say LevelX that i am a Bible "slapping" little Christ. I suggest you keep treasures like that to yourself.

Since I spoke up, here is my opinion. It seems to me that this is another step towards a global unification attempt. First in Europe, then in the Americas.
I am worried about the future sovereignty of my country...

I agree with you. Take into consideration this. There is a passage in Revelations that says a days wages for a loaf of bread. How much does that sound like the situation of everyone in slave labor currently?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOnlySaneOne

Because the Canadian trucking industry is one of the few that has some stricter rules than the DOT. They have fewer hours they can work and drive than the US, and they have the same rules that the DOT has for their trucks.

Mystery_Lady that's one of the things that pisses off the older drivers that come to my company. We use an electronic logging system that you CAN'T cheat with.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by souls
reply to post by Zaphod58

Do you read what I write. I asked you, what do those numbers show?

What I stated is that, concerns for safety are being blown out of proportion. Violations will rise as more and more truckers hit the road, but overall, it is a normal rise. Until more Mexican trucks hit the road and compare to the number of trucks by the U.S., then I might state wether or not Mexicos numbers are lower than those of the U.S. You know, and I know I never said that.

Compliance is improving and will continue to do so. That is what Im trying to show with those numbers.

I see manipulated numbers that benefits the organizations that created the statics in the first place. I see numbers with the potential of an organization that could have included non-important information to make them look good, or omitted importation information that could have been seen as non-important depending on how it is looked at.

It is like comparing Walmart and the little local stores downtown ready to go out of business and saying small business are starting to make a comeback just because they sold just a little more this year than they did last year. They left out the part where expenses and taxes increased so much that the extra profit couldn't cover them.

Any and all statistics and numbers can be grossly manipulated in many different ways.

I will take eye witness accounts over statistics any day.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
One of the big reasons for doing this is that goods are brought into Mexican ports instead of American ones. Thus bypassing our troublesome inspections and union labor.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

Man, your so ignorant that even I can feel your pain. Which numbers were manipulated? Show me the original ones then show me the ones that are incorrect. Here i'll even link you the site.

edit = oh and don't log off before you anwer what I asked for.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by souls]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The Mexican drug smuggler who was shot by the two border patrol agents who are in prison now had a valid Mexican commercial drivers license. Now he will be free to load up a truck and come on up to Norte America. As will the many Mexican drug lords who have bought up Mexican trucking companies in the past decade.

I plan to vandalize every Mexican truck I see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join