It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Trucks Begin Crossing Border Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Who is actually for this? Corporations and Politicians. Who loses? Us, especially truckers.

This is just another very important step towards the North American Union. The truckers have been trying to stop this for quite some time. They haven't been very successful. They need help and there's not much time. This all starts on Saturday, 9/1.

The Teamsters Union said it has been told by officials in the Transportation Department's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that the first Mexican trucks will be coming across the border on Saturday.

Full article.

www.nbcsandiego.com...

Digg it here.

digg.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Score 1 for the North American Union and the big corporations...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You think that most people care about big trucks on the road? We're just an inconvenience to them, and nothing more. Most people want us to find another way to get where we're going, that doesn't get in their way. This is just another attempt to screw the truck driver, along with the new Hours of Service we're fighting in the courts.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You're correct on one thing, it can be irritating to be stuck behind a truck on the freeway. That doesn't mean I wan't a whole bunch of broken down mexican trucks on the road and it doesn't mean I don't support american truck drivers. I do, and I think most people do. More than that, I think people are angry about this never ending march toward the North American Union that nobody wants.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When the trucking industry tried to have their slowdowns, I told many people about this, and the big reaction was minor interest at best. Very few of the people I told actually tried to do something to help us out.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Is it possible for truckers to put messages on their trucks? I wish more truckers would use their trucks for advertising these types of things. Incidently, what kind of support are truckers giving to Ron Paul?

www.truckers4ronpaul.org...

You would think you would see a lot of trucks with Ron Paul stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Only if they're an Owner Operator. Company drivers are allowed to put minor decals on their trucks, but political stickers are generally frowned upon as they might be taken as a statement by the company. My company is very strict about what can and cant' be put on the truck, and we have disciplined several drivers for violating those rules.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You would think american trucking companies would be against allowing mexican trucks on american roads. It will eventually put them out of business.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That won't ever happen. The biggest people it's going to hurt are the Owner Ops. US companies are too big for Mexican companies to put them out of business. My company alone runs 9,000+ trucks, and we have contracts with several hundred companies. The Mexican trucks will be able to get cargo from some of the small companies that hire out, but they won't be taking business from any of the major trucking companies.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The plan is to move the port of entry for Chinese goods to mexico. Since Mexican trucks will be used to deliver the goods from the port in Mexico to their destination in the US, that would seem to me to have to potential to put a lot of American trucking companies out of business. Unless they plan on relocating to Mexico of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
interesting it's over labor day weekend.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The way it works is that the goods come into the ports, then they go to a distribution center. Once they're at the DC they're sorted, and palletized for delivery. They use container trucks that have special trailers to get them from the ports to the DC, then the DC uses regular dry vans to transport the goods either from their DC to the store DC, or directly to the store itself. So unless they move all the DCs to Mexico they're still going to need tons of US trucks to transport the goods from the DC to the customer.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarlunacy
interesting it's over labor day weekend.

I was going to make the observation...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Believe it or not, I write software for sorters at distribution centers. I am aware of the process.

A large portion of the trucking business is from the port to the DC, that will be gone. But what is going to prevent mexican trucking companies from shipping the product from the DC to the store?

apc

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ug... if they're actually letting Mexican trucks on the highways then they should make illegal Mexicans perform litter duty on those same highways. The more we bring Mexico into the US, the more the US is going to look like Mexico. The world is their wastebasket.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is ridiculous!! You know what you should do, truckers? Shut it down and refuse to do anything until the U.S government reverses this decision. I guarantee you, when the trucks stop, America stops. It may take a couple of weeks for our disturbed politicians to see the error of their ways, but they will nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They're doing the same thing with airlines. I really don't know if the North American Union can be stopped at this point. I guess we better get used to it. I was in LA last month, there are sections of town there that are indistinguishable from Tijuana. Billboard in spanish, bars in windows, fences built out of pallets, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I am one of the few people who respect truckers on the road. I have never driven a truck, but I have done landscaping and just driving a full ton chevy with a long trailer was harrowing, and people are idiots at best. It gave me new insight.
In my mind, people should get a CDL just to drive period. So when they drive a truck, they can understand what it is like and to stop acting like idiots.
I try not to be a bad four wheeler.

What gets me is that doesn't this increase the chances of terrorists getting into the country and smuggling something in?????????

This just makes me so sick that I don't even know what to say.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

That's a very good idea. It would be a tough decision for truckers though. They still gotta eat.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The mexican truckers won't need a CDL, and yes of course it increases the chance of terrorism, as does our open border.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join