It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops deployed to Washington D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Troops to be deployed to Washington D.C

www.wesh.com

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Members of the 1st Battalion 265 Air Defense Artillery have mobilized and are on a plane headed first to Ft. Bliss, then for federal active duty in the capital region.

The troops will be deployed for a year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What do you all think about this move? Is this a possible preperation for martial law? I don't buy into this mind control.

www.wesh.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-8-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm totally puzzled. Why air defense? Are they planning on having another 9/11 except they shoot down the plane this time?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is not a move for martial law, but in effect a subtle hint that there is a greater threat to our country than we know. The last mobilization of this nature was following 9/11. Is our country finally going proactive with intel gathered that there is a threat, a serious threat, to the DC area?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That's an interesting bit of news. It seems along the lines of general defensive measures, not specifically related to anything. But you never know I guess...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is not a move for martial law, but in effect a subtle hint that there is a greater threat to our country than we know. The last mobilization of this nature was following 9/11. Is our country finally going proactive with intel gathered that there is a threat, a serious threat, to the DC area?

Well here's what's "messed up". Why not STOP the attackers? Why wait until they're actually on the plane to shoot it down? Why isn't there a terror alert to let the terrorists know that we're onto them?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Time will only tell what this is really about. One thing for sure though, it is like having uniformed security guards, the visual aspect of deterence. That may be what is in motion, or perhaps their worried Iran may actually have some thing to be worried about.

I doubt that though, most likely the movement is to ensure Capitol Hill is more secure due to a real and present danger. Such being done by day is a obvious "hey look we are on to you" tactic. Also it shows the Commander in Chief is worried about near future aggressions.

Again, time will only tell.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
What do you all think about this move? possible preperation for martial law?

Well, then they've been preparing for six years...

Operation Noble Eagle

In my opinion, this is the kind of mission our Guardsmen *should* be persuing. Not some Neo-Con cluster@$%# in the Middle-East.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
what ever reason.. it sure dont lo0k to be a good move for us.. something has to be know for them to do this... has this been done before?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Topic fits to my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
has this been done before?

Read every ones posts:

Originally posted by esdad71
The last mobilization of this nature was following 9/11.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
It seems along the lines of general defensive measures, not specifically related to anything.

Could be ...

The 265th IS part of Operation Noble Eagle

www.pdhealth.mil...

Though, the timing, given the recent "alerts" and Chertoff's gut feeling would seem anticipatory considering we're nearing the 6 year mark of 911 ... which was the cause for formation and implementation of Operation Noble Eagle in the first place.

Odd times, these are.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I can say one thing that is completely obvious. They don't do these kind of things for no reason. Only time will tell whats going on.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think we need to also bear in mind that Bush's term is almost up, he may be setting the stage for a justification to claim "emergency powers" and serve beyond his term.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well they wouldent send an air artillery unit to perform martial law functions ... that would be performed by the MPs.

This is most likely just another form of beefing up security and indicats that they have a very real substantiated threat

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
More info on Noble Eagle.

Wow. This is a bit alarming to say the least. The skeptic in me wants to say it is nothing. The realist in me is kicking the skeptic's butt right now though.

What kind of stuff do they have for this? It said high tech weapons.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
More info on Noble Eagle.

Wow. This is a bit alarming to say the least. The skeptic in me wants to say it is nothing. The realist in me is kicking the skeptic's butt right now though.

What kind of stuff do they have for this? It said high tech weapons.

The only thing I can find that they have is the Avenger... a bunch of Stingers mounted on a Humvee...

www.globalsecurity.org...

I cannot find anywhere that says they are using the PAC-3 which would really set off alarm bells in my head.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

perhaps alian contact is near???????

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Jeez,

Much ado about nothing.

Its just the normal 1 year rotation of duties.

Operation Noble Eagle (ONE) and Joint Task Force-Guantanamo (Bay) rotations will remain using a one-year mobilization.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Jeez,

Much ado about nothing.

Its just the normal 1 year rotation of duties.

Operation Noble Eagle (ONE) and Joint Task Force-Guantanamo (Bay) rotations will remain using a one-year mobilization.

Are you stating that they are relieving troops already stationed in DC? If so I believe you are incorrect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join