It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops deployed to Washington D.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There have been air defense units assigned to D.C. since 2003 to enforce the Washington ADIZ. 4th Bn, 5th ADA started the rotation on 12 Feb 2003, and 1st Bn, 265th ADA is simply the latest unit to rotate into that position.

As I pointed out in another forum, if those in power were fearful for their own protection, they would have acquired a LOT more qualified group than a battalion of air defense artillery national guardsmen.

Edited for grammar... LOL

[edit on 8/27/2007 by ~Vixen~]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
There have been air defense units assigned to D.C. since 2003 to enforce the Washington ADIZ. 4th Bn, 5th ADA started the rotation on 12 Feb 2003, and 1st Bn, 265th ADA is simply the latest unit to rotate into that position.

I stand corrected and your avatar is frightening me.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well having troops around D.C would make instituting martial law provisions much easier.Well thats if something happened of course.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Why I got this littler sour flavor in my mouth and the nagging feel that I should be saying I told you so.

It doesn't matter that we may be under an imminent attack or some Intel, this type of movement of troops should be very worrisome for any American in this nation.

But as usual we the ones that see danger on any corner of our government behavior are nothing more than hysterical people.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They've been there for many years now. I saw one unit stationed in a park near a church in D.C over 3 years ago. They are there to protect against further terrorist attacks using planes. Nothing more. There are prolly worse things out there to worry about then Anti-air batteries in your area.

Heck, my state had Nike Ajax missle bases in two spots during the cold war. We didn't think those bases were there to impose martial law on us then. They eventually were closed when the threat they were defending against faded away as well. These will as well I imagine.

Cheers,

Leibolmai

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Why worry about something that has been happening for over 4 years? This isn't new, it's simply a story of a local troop rotation to D.C.

There are definitely troublesome issues with those within the beltway, but this isn't one of them. At least one city has air defenses...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Could someone with military background enlighten us all...

Since when is it legal to deploy military troops within the United States borders? Doesn't the Posse Comitatus Act forbid "police" duty for the troops within the US? This seems to be nothing more than police work for the troops.

However, H.R. 5122, Sec. 1076 allows the President to use military forces inside the U.S. upon major public emergencies... but I fail to see where the emergency is?

This bill was passed into law just last year, so I have a hard time buying the "this has gone on since 9/11" rebuttal.

Just curious.

Info

[edit on 8/27/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Could someone with military background enlighten us all...

Since when is it legal to deploy military troops within the United States borders? Doesn't the Posse Comitatus Act forbid "police" duty for the troops within the US? This seems to be nothing more than police work for the troops.

Only within a State. Washington, D.C. is a federal district, not a state.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The only thing that slightly alarms me is that "Noble Eagle" is part of "Garden Plot"

en.wikipedia.org...

Which was in part formulated to control "civil unrest" during the sixties.

I think this is probably just air defense for the capital, but having it fall under the command of operation "Garden Plot" makes me uneasy.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

so they are allowed to summon, say the army, in washington D.C. but not, some where like waco, texas?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My thoughts are that this is preparation for Martial Law.

There is going to be another "Attack" and they're preparing Washington just in case American's have had enough and decide to take back their government.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Noble Eagle now applies to all domestic deployments, like the armed US troops that patrolled the airports after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

That is the problem I have, it been going on since 9/11 under the umbrella of protection.

People has gotten used to have this type of military involvement around in D.C.

That is troublesome because it will cover up a mayor movement of troops if necessary for who knows what purposes.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Posse Comitatus only applies to the active duty regular forces. The Army and Air National Guard, State Defense Forces, and the US Coast Guard are exempt from the rules of Posse Comitatus. As a matter of fact when you read about a US Navy ship capturing drug smugglers or illegal immigrants off Florida, Puerto Rico, etc the ones who actually boarded the suspect ship are US Coast Guard members deployed on board US Navy ships for this specific purpose.

Also dont forget that even within these organizations the only units that are really trained for law enforcement are the Army National Guard MPs, Air National Guard SPs and the US Coast Guard Tactical Law Enforcement Teams (the guys assigned to the boarding parties on US Navy ships).

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
so they are allowed to summon, say the army, in washington D.C. but not, some where like waco, texas?

As far as I'm aware, yes. The only exception to this is if the Insurrection Act is invoked.

Note that the National Guard is exempt from Posse Posse Comitatus IF it is not under Federal authority.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

I'm having a hard time finding any distinction that D.C. wouldn't fall under the Posse Comitatus Act, nor do I believe that D.C. would be allowed to violate US Code.

Congress still has ultimate authority over Washington, D.C.... even though Congress has delegated large amounts of authority to it's municipal government.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Given the recent resignation of a slew of controversial WH officials, Rove, Gonzales, etc.,coupled with this www.abovetopsecret.com...
I do not have a good feeling about this at all.

I usually go with my gut, and right now with all of this mounting info, my gut doesnt feel too good.

Anyone else see any sort of correlation?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Well, then they've been preparing for six years...

Operation Noble Eagle

I read about the NATO forces being here in another thread related to a UFO sighting in the UK. My guess is this is the first time a news crew learned of a deployment to the DC area. Probably been there right along with NATO only no one has mentioned it is my guess or perhaps he has been classified until now who knows. Anyone know when they put that page up on Wiki seems odd wiki had if it was classfied.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
What do you all think about this move?

I think this move indicates that the government has successfully installed FEAR into you.

I mean really, if I did a report for every location that we deployed our troops, you would think we are in the middle of WW3.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree with you whole heartedly!

Unfortunately most people have become complacent since 9/11, blindly accepting government infringement on our civil rights, liberties and freedoms in the name of security. This pattern of infringement evolved VERY quickly, and now we find ourselves in a situation where we have few choices or venues with which to intervene.

Those who question authority are now labeled as conspiracy nuts. I dare not think what we'll be called tomorow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join