It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ufo sighting in Parma, Italy

page: 7
31
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

Now I'm waiting for someone to come and explain the no-smoke flare. Is there such a thing? If not, this will be another positive.
Personally, I can't buy the Mg flare theory because, firstly, its flame is bluish-white in color (as someone already said above) and second, even Mg would emit a lot of fumes when burning.

I agree. I still haven't found nothing of similar, moreover there is no one witness that says he heard something of unusual nor planes noises. The only strange fact that have been noticed was the strange behaviour of the birds, even hours before the sighting, noticed by several witnesses in different locations.

[edit on 29/8/2007 by internos]




posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I must admit i was not overly enthusiastic about this video on the first few minutes of it, but at the end when you can clearly see the red light/sphere object, i found this quite fascinating have no idea what it could be myself!



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This looks like mountain mapping . This is how you map a mountain for a 3D effect.
From what I understand about it this new mapping technology is you place some sort of special lights around the mountain in key points, that are recorded. The lights will go bright and dim at different intervals. The lights are usually placed along the top of the mountain and some just below the top of the mountain. I don’t know to much about how this new mapping technology works but, I have seen this done on the mountain where I live. That mountain is 10.500 ft. everyone in town thought we were being invaded; and this video looks exactly like what I saw when this company was mapping the local mountain mountain. The news media even thought they were UFO’s . This is, if their is a mountian their. and from the newsprint photo it looks like their is an outline of one. If not then the mapping technology is out.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh Almost forgot, I was 10 miles away from the mapping lights they are very very bight. I think it's called GIS technology with laser and radar.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
This looks like mountain mapping . This is how you map a mountain for a 3D effect.
From what I understand about it this new mapping technology is you place some sort of special lights around the mountain in key points, that are recorded. The lights will go bright and dim at different intervals. The lights are usually placed along the top of the mountain and some just below the top of the mountain. I don’t know to much about how this new mapping technology works but, I have seen this done on the mountain where I live. That mountain is 10.500 ft. everyone in town thought we were being invaded; and this video looks exactly like what I saw when this company was mapping the local mountain mountain. The news media even thought they were UFO’s . This is, if their is a mountian their. and from the newsprint photo it looks like their is an outline of one. If not then the mapping technology is out.


Dear SJE98,
thank you for your post.
There's a couple of issues with your theory, in relation to this sighting:



Parma is located on a region called "Pianura Padana",
the biggest FLAT COUNTRY of Italy, one of the biggest of Europe.

Wikipedia (EN)
Wikipedia (ITA)

IMO, there is no much need to map it, simply because is flat; we can say it for sure without further investigations.
We can draw it either on a 2d / 3d software and the result will be the same: a flat ground.

Moreover, the objects have been sighted in direction w - e, or sw - ne.
There's nothing behind the objects that we see either in the pic and in the videos.


The system you're talking about (GIS)
See here and here, if i'm correct, doesn't involves devices as balloons or flying flares: just stationary sensor located in strategical points as , as you correctly reported i.e. the top of the mountains. But there aren't mountains there, so i think we can exclude this option, but next time that we have a sighting in the Alpi mountains, whe should check this option too!

Anyway, good find, it will be useful for the next times.
Thank you again.




[edit on 30/8/2007 by internos]



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Great work, internos.
Might you be able to track down the public information office at Piacenza-San Damiano air base? I am trying but it might be easier for an Italian.

I got some infos about Piacenza-San Damiano air base:

San Damiano (Piacenza) 44°54'51.21"N 9°43'13.43"E
Distance from Parma: 32,1 miles

In San Damiano (Piacenza) base, is displaced the 50° flight of the Italian Air Force: it hosts fighters and bombers.
Moreover, there's the 155° group E.T.S. (Tornado), the 450 ° group for technical and operative services, and the 550° group for logistical operative services.
The purpose is to provide protection and support the allied forces.
The tornado performs either missions over the national and foreign territory, and trainig mission with NATO forces (a Tornado is furnished with AGM-88 HARM, able to suppress and/or nullify the enemy SEAD).
Rumors says that the base will turn into a commercial airport, but still this has not been confirmed. Even if it will happen so, it will keep military features in order to host NATO bombers and fighters only in case of armed conflict, as already happened in the past.

I'm still waiting for further infos about Aviano.


[edit on 30/8/2007 by internos]



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by internos
 


Well, my email to Aviano a couple of days ago is unanswered as of yet.


I am not really surprised but I thought I was quite charming.



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
reply to post by internos
 

Well, my email to Aviano a couple of days ago is unanswered as of yet.

I am not really surprised but I thought I was quite charming.

Don't worry about it. We can gather all the infos that we need in order to determine what really happened there. Clearly, it's just a matter of time.
I have to ask you: do you know someone able to determine distances basing his analysis upon images/videos? My idea was to compare a daylight video with the original one...



[edit on 30/8/2007 by internos]



posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by internos
 

I think that if at least two people post an image from the exact place from where they filmed/photographed the lights, and if in those images we can see something that we can spot on a map, along with the position from where the video/photo was taken, we can draw a line on a map from each witness position to the lights; the spot where the lines cross would be the spot where the lights were.

From that we can know the distance.

The difficulty may be find a target seen from the images on such a flat country.



posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by internos
 

I think that if at least two people post an image from the exact place from where they filmed/photographed the lights, and if in those images we can see something that we can spot on a map, along with the position from where the video/photo was taken, we can draw a line on a map from each witness position to the lights; the spot where the lines cross would be the spot where the lights were.

From that we can know the distance.

The difficulty may be find a target seen from the images on such a flat country.

I think you're right, thank you for this post and for the earlier one.
So far, we could "cross" tha data about the videos and the only picture available; of course, soon other pictures will be released, after the analysis leaded by the biologist Pattera. In order to clear conclusively what really is available, i emailed him. He's much busy, i hope he'll find the time to share his conclusions with us.



posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
From parma at ground level aviano it's completely out of sight.....



posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Some people living near Aviano AB didn't noticed anomalous activities that night (ie. extra number of flight).
There is to consider that in the night between August 10th and 11th many people whatched at the sky to see the meteor shower: no one of the parma facts witnesses reported to have neither seen / heard planes or helicopter noises.

I've found this document which explanes what are the areas in which are allowed "extra" operation, as even an hypotetic launch of flares is.
Here you'll find a list of the restricted areas and the general rules about civil and military aircrafts behaviour (notice this is a cache so i don't know how it will be still available: the original link [www.enav.it/aip/ENR/ENR5/ENR5-1-2.pdf] seems to be already down.

C ACHE

Also, we should assume one of the following suppositions:

1) NOTHING have been launched by USAF
2) USAF acted illegally over the italian ground and, moreover, without reason.


Many people believes that inside Aviano AB is hidden an area similar to area 51, and that there are at least 4 underground floors.




Many sightings of strange planes near the base have been reported.
new.edicolaweb.net...
new.edicolaweb.net...
new.edicolaweb.net...
new.edicolaweb.net...
new.edicolaweb.net...


[edit on 1/9/2007 by internos]



posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

0bserver1 (YouTube account)
Hi ATS,

I recently watched the video over parma and i also saw those pictures taken from those bright red orange spheres. i certainly do believe that i saw the same spheres as flew over parma. due to the brightness and colouring of those objects.
Also the strangest thing was that the spheres flew exactly to the same direction and as they softly started to dampning there brightness and desolved. amazingly all seven in waves of two then three then two started to lift exactly right over our heads into space.

Great i think a forum will open new ideas and speculations
what it could be whats happening in our sky's

internos will do for me
greetz 0bserver1

Source: YouTube ( private message )

I'm gathering all the data about previous sightings of spheres flying in groups of two or tree in the last month.


0bserver1 kindly sent this video, recorded on August, 11, in response to the Parma one.



[edit on 2/9/2007 by internos]



posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Giorgio Pattera, the scientist who's investigating the sighting,
today emailed me:

I confirm the sighting, which still is under investigation.
I was in Parma with a pair of binoculars (Vixen 20/40 zoom X 80)
The lights appeared in direction south between h. 23:11 and 23:16.
I noticed the first 3 lights at 23:11 so i could focus them at the max. resolution for all the duration of the phenomena. I didn't noticed any kind of shape, they were as "organic fires".
The four lights were exactly at the same altitude and perfectly equidistant the one from the other.
AT 23:15 the light on the left vanished; 30/40 seconds after, vanished the others ones.
They were at an apparent altitude of 500/600 meters (1,640/1.968 feet).

Soon he'll publish an article about the sighting on the newspaper "Gazzetta di Parma"



posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by internos
 


Internos. I came across these two videos. Not sure if you've seen them but they reminded me of the Parma lights. These were supposedly filmed in Birchington, UK.

This one (according to the time stamp in the video) on 7/31/07.




And this one on 8/13/07. Although this one the message claims that these lights have been seen for 3 months..

Not sure if it helps any, just thought that the timing of when these were filmed and similarity of the orbs compared to the Parma sighting were something to note...


[edit on 4-9-2007 by WASTYT]



posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT
reply to post by internos
 


Internos. I came across these two videos. Not sure if you've seen them but they reminded me of the Parma lights. These were supposedly filmed in Birchington, UK.

This one (according to the time stamp in the video) on 7/31/07.

And this one on 8/13/07. Although this one the message claims that these lights have been seen for 3 months..

Not sure if it helps any, just thought that the timing of when these were filmed and similarity of the orbs compared to the Parma sighting were something to note...


[edit on 4-9-2007 by WASTYT]

WASTYT, this is a great find!
These looks very very similar to the one of Parma, i've never seen it before!
I'll try to get some infos about... Thank you!




[edit on 5/9/2007 by internos]



posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This was posted about 4 hours ago on youtube. The lights on the hill are probably cars but the one in the sky looks mysterious and resembles Parma lights. What can it be?




posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
These lights looks incredibly similar to the ones of Parma, and their behaviour is the same caught on tape by the nearest witness' video:

and matches perfectly with the scientist's description:
"I didn't noticed any kind of shape, they were as organic fires."




These spheres looks really to be, somehow, ALIVE.
What a great find!
Thank you RSB!



[edit on 5/9/2007 by internos]



posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by internos
 


You are welcome internos.
Whats really interesting is, that it raises from ground and stays afloat at exactly the same spot. Does any kind of flare or firecracker behave like this?
Good thing is there is ample light to rule out choppers, kites, hot air balloon etc. Seeing that the fellow says its a base, it can be some advanced tech.



posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by internos
 


No problem, I'm still very intrigued by this case in Parma. It seems like there are other cases with similar orb-like objects that warrant some kind of investigation. I think it's about time to find out what these are.


[edit on 5-9-2007 by WASTYT]



new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join